Year 2016 IVF Mummy To-Be

Hi all,
I just got a positive result (HCG 925 at 12dp5dt) from my BT done on Monday, so I'm just at 4 weeks pregnant! Feeling so excited and yet nervous at the same time. Gonna wait another 2 weeks for the first scan. I'm thankful to find useful information (like what to eat and what to avoid) from here. It's always good to be able to seek advice and support from fellow mums / mum-to-be. :)
That's quite a high hcg, chances for twins :) mine was 547 at 14dp3dt

That's quite a high hcg, chances for twins :) mine was 547 at 14dp3dt
My TCM told me some of her patients with twins like 14K and said tt mine could just be one. But she also added that it varies for different ppl. Some with low hcg also have twins. Hopefully like you said, I wish I have twins. :D Can't wait for the scan. It's like TWW after TWW. o_O

Thanks ladies.
I realized Sgh didn't tell me the hcg number. I wonder if it meant anything. Stressed. They just asked me to take care and continue taking medicine.

Thanks ladies.
I realized Sgh didn't tell me the hcg number. I wonder if it meant anything. Stressed. They just asked me to take care and continue taking medicine.
Don't worry about the numbers , look forward to the first scan!
I am going for my first scan next wed

Thanks ladies.
@kitty16 I realized Sgh didn't tell me the hcg number. I wonder if it meant anything. Stressed. They just asked me to take care and continue taking medicine.
I'm with SGH too and the nurse who attended to me also never tell me the hcg level till I saw it on the paper and asked her abt it. If you're interested to know can ask your nurse during the next BT which should be another 1 week time. I'll be back for the 2nd BT next wed. If yours also next wed maybe can see u in the clinic. :p

Don't worry about the numbers , look forward to the first scan!
I am going for my first scan next wed
@gan1972 Guess you must be excited for the scan. I'm so looking forward to my scan too but still gonna endure another 11 more days of waiting. Do rest well! ;)

Went for my first scan yesterday, saw the sac and heartbeat! Really an emotional moment! And and, I am expecting a twins. doctor explains that's the reason of bad morning sickness. Was also told about the many risks and complications and do not know what to expect now. Never ending of worries
Congrats! Can I check what is your hcg level during bloodtest?

Went for my first scan yesterday, saw the sac and heartbeat! Really an emotional moment! And and, I am expecting a twins. doctor explains that's the reason of bad morning sickness. Was also told about the many risks and complications and do not know what to expect now. Never ending of worries
Congrats cowmoomoo! So happy for you.

Sounds great! One step at a time! Let's all jia you ! I'm 1.5 weeks to my first scan.

I'm with SGH too and the nurse who attended to me also never tell me the hcg level till I saw it on the paper and asked her abt it. If you're interested to know can ask your nurse during the next BT which should be another 1 week time. I'll be back for the 2nd BT next wed. If yours also next wed maybe can see u in the

Yes! I'm also going down next Wednesday for 2nd blood test!

Hello sis, anyone morning sickness is so bad that got to go to the hospital for drips? Does it becomes better with that? Thanks so much in advance

Hello sis, anyone morning sickness is so bad that got to go to the hospital for drips? Does it becomes better with that? Thanks so much in advance

Mine not so bad, but I've heard of cases where the women become so dehydrated with the vomiting that they have to go on drips. My friends who kena that did say that they feel better once they did that. The doctors will also give anti vomiting pills.

How many weeks are you now cowmoomoo? The nausea very bad?

Mine not so bad, but I've heard of cases where the women become so dehydrated with the vomiting that they have to go on drips. My friends who kena that did say that they feel better once they did that. The doctors will also give anti vomiting pills.

How many weeks are you now cowmoomoo? The nausea very bad?
Yes whatever thing I eat all gets out. No food, no water, no energy at all. I'm into 7 weeks now... When will all this goes away?

I'm now on drips in the hospital , after drips still vomit. I was given anti vomitting pills one week ago, doesn't help at all.

Yes whatever thing I eat all gets out. No food, no water, no energy at all. I'm into 7 weeks now... When will all this goes away?

I'm now on drips in the hospital , after drips still vomit. I was given anti vomitting pills one week ago, doesn't help at all.

Try eating small meals frequently. Get those preggo pops and pop into your mouth when you feel nauseuous. But yah, sometimes it is really bad that nothing helps. :-/

It varies from individual. Some mummies to be dun go through it, whereas some had to bear with it up till 11 or 12 weeks. I am one of the "fortunate" ones coz MS stops ard week 16 and hit back around end Trimester 2. For the moment, take small meals and taking dry food like biscuits help!

Does your appetite improve after the first trimester? I'm going to be in my 15th week and meal times are torture time. I can barely finish a BK burger even. :-/

Hihi ladies :) so glad i found this group :)

I just completed my BT this morning and beta was 1766.3 @ 16dp2dt.

After reading through forums, i thought that number was shockingly high. But when i asked the nurse, she gave me a poker face and told me they get alot of such patients.

Oh well. Really glad to be positive. Best news :)

Since last evening, i started to have sharp cramps. Like on and off. Just sudden cramps and it goes away. Is that normal?

Thanks in advance :)

After reading through forums, i thought that number was shockingly high. But when i asked the nurse, she gave me a poker face and told me they get alot of such patients.

Since last evening, i started to have sharp cramps. Like on and off. Just sudden cramps and it goes away. Is that normal?

Skmm, congrats! Would this likely mean you are having twins?

My BT was last Wednesday, and yes I have been having cramps on off. Especially when I walk n stand.

Skmm, congrats! Would this likely mean you are having twins?

My BT was last Wednesday, and yes I have been having cramps on off. Especially when I walk n stand.

Congrats too :)

That's what i don't know yet. I guess the only way to find out is through a scan? My scan is next fri.

My cramps come when i stand up from sitting. Or just random cramps when i am resting on bed. So scary. I guess just have to monitor for any odd discharge?

Are the cramps a norm? I looked online and see that it is. *fingers crossed*

Congrats! Your hcg is v high! :)
I had cramps too. It's normal.

Yes! I'm also going down next Wednesday for 2nd blood test!
@kitty16 When u did your ET? Is it 4 Nov? Yeah 2 more days to our next BT.

@Skmm Wow, your beta number looks good. Congrats!
I only have dull cramps on and off. I suppose that should be fine cos uterus may be expanding so a bit of cramps is normal.

Hi all, anyone in your early 2nd trimester? I wonder is it normal for belly to feel taut? I miss my beanies. Long time no see them. Very worried cause work stress high recently.

@cowmoomoo I had to go O&G for drips in my first trimester. It was exactly like what you described. Can't keep liquid and food inside. I felt better after the drips and doc also prescribed me with anti-vomiting medication. Like you said, the meds doesn't work for me too. It only eases off around week 10 for me. From week 10 to week 16, i still vomit like mad, but not to the extend of dehydration. Try to take small meals, it should help.

Are you expecting twin? My gynae told me it was because i was expecting twin, that's why MS is so severe.

Skmm, I do not think you should be worried abt your hcg level at this moment since the doctor/nurse did not express any concerns.

Quoted from a site:
"During the early weeks of a normal pregnancy, hCG levels double every 2 days. Low or slowly increasing levels of hCG in the blood suggest an early abnormal pregnancy, such as an ectopic pregnancy or a miscarriage. If hCG levels are abnormally low, further testing is done to find the cause."

So don't worry too much, just try to relax and eat healthy.

Last edited:
@cowmoomoo I had to go O&G for drips in my first trimester. It was exactly like what you described. Can't keep liquid and food inside. I felt better after the drips and doc also prescribed me with anti-vomiting medication. Like you said, the meds doesn't work for me too. It only eases off around week 10 for me. From week 10 to week 16, i still vomit like mad, but not to the extend of dehydration. Try to take small meals, it should help.

Are you expecting twin? My gynae told me it was because i was expecting twin, that's why MS is so severe.

Yes expecting twins. Did you have to go for drips frequently during first trimester?

I just had my first drips in nuh, after a day of stay, I rather be discharged. Hehe

But I definitely feel much better now and was given another week of hospitalization. I think at this rate, going jobless soon too.

How's your twinnies experience now?

Congrats ladies!! More joining the group!!

@Skmm my hcg level was 3208.5 in BT day. So freaking high but hehe am expecting a singleton. Am 10weeks +3 today and yes, still having cramps on & off.

Also nauseating still esp smelly public toilets, food frying in e pan. Cant stand the smell!
Even brushing teeth is a chore. Confirm will vomit after that. Can't wait for this to be over. Hahah i must have gone "bluekkk bluekkk" too often, my 2yr old son sometimes mocked at me wif his own "bluekk" sound. Hahaha

Hi all, anyone in your early 2nd trimester? I wonder is it normal for belly to feel taut? I miss my beanies. Long time no see them. Very worried cause work stress high recently.

Yes I'm in my early 2nd trimester, 15 weeks to be exact.
And yes my belly feels taut since a few weeks back actually.
And seems with the 2nd trimester, the backaches started too :-/ Had to use the pregnancy pillow to get a better sleep.
I'm also worried.. can't wait to go for a scan again to ensure baby is fine.

Yours are twins? Congrats! :)

@Skmm my hcg level was 3208.5 in BT day. So freaking high but hehe am expecting a singleton. Am 10weeks +3 today and yes, still having cramps on & off.

Also nauseating still esp smelly public toilets, food frying in e pan. Cant stand the smell!
Even brushing teeth is a chore. Confirm will vomit after that. Can't wait for this to be over. Hahah i must have gone "bluekkk bluekkk" too often, my 2yr old son sometimes mocked at me wif his own "bluekk" sound. Hahaha

Oooh no.. even brushing teeth? :-(
I'm at week 15 and public toilet and some food smell still makes me blueek blueekkk. *faints*
Your son so cute! Bahaha. He must be excited to get a sibling! :)

Skmm, I do not think you should be worried abt your hcg level at this moment since the doctor/nurse did not express any concerns.

Quoted from a site:
"During the early weeks of a normal pregnancy, hCG levels double every 2 days. Low or slowly increasing levels of hCG in the blood suggest an early abnormal pregnancy, such as an ectopic pregnancy or a miscarriage. If hCG levels are abnormally low, further testing is done to find the cause."

So don't worry too much, just try to relax and eat healthy.
Yeah. I guess so. Just like the dreadful 2ww. Hahahhahaa. Just have to keep happy and await the first scan :)

Wao!!! That is so high. Great to hear from u ladies' experience :) so much new learning. So cute :) ur son will carry his sibling soon man :)

Yes expecting twins. Did you have to go for drips frequently during first trimester?

I just had my first drips in nuh, after a day of stay, I rather be discharged. Hehe

But I definitely feel much better now and was given another week of hospitalization. I think at this rate, going jobless soon too.

How's your twinnies experience now?

Nah... that was my one and only drip experience. I reduced my meal intake and forced myself to drink more water to stay hydrated (after puking, will continue to drink water with some lemon). Now i am carrying singleton coz the other twin stopped growing at Week 10. That's probably explains why the MS eases off slightly after Week 10.

Nah... that was my one and only drip experience. I reduced my meal intake and forced myself to drink more water to stay hydrated (after puking, will continue to drink water with some lemon). Now i am carrying singleton coz the other twin stopped growing at Week 10. That's probably explains why the MS eases off slightly after Week 10.
Really sorry to hear that shiro ger. Let's all Jia you and will definitely go through this.

No worries. When the gynae told me I was carrying twin, I was rather over-whelmed. Coz I wasn't sure if I could manage 3 children ( I have a 2YO todd) when I am a FTWM with minimal /no help from parent and in-law. We are also not very keen in domestic helper. Financially will also be tighter coz have too many commitments like new condo, 2 cars, IFC/CC arrangement for kids, enrichment classes etc.

Just when i was about to accept it, one of them stopped growing. I guess GOD really has a plan for us. Now i only hope to give birth soon and say bye bye to the recurring MS. LOL Counting down to Jan 16.

Jia You everyone!!!

Hello sisters, morning sickness will last at least for the whole one first trimester? I'm really feeling terrible starting from week 5 onwards, and it doesn't become better each day. I feel so drained, tired, exhausted and helpless. :'(

Mine started week 6, became consistent in week 7, became severe in week 9. I'm now week 11, and am starting to have days when it disappears for half or even whole day. Different for everyone. But let your gynae know. They can give you anti nauseas/vomit pills.

Jiayou!

Went for my 2nd BT at Sgh this morning. The nurse dont want to tell me my hcg level. She said just take care and stay healthy, no need to know the details cos I will be thinking too much about it. Haha..

Mine started week 6, became consistent in week 7, became severe in week 9. I'm now week 11, and am starting to have days when it disappears for half or even whole day. Different for everyone. But let your gynae know. They can give you anti nauseas/vomit pills.

Jiayou!
I went for drips two days ago, and all vomitting stops. And it returns today again! Oh dear, I'm so afraid of vomitting as in the end I got gastritis too

I'm relying on the anti vomit pills now everyday.

I don't know how much strength I have to go through. Whole body no energy at all

Went for my 2nd BT at Sgh this morning. The nurse dont want to tell me my hcg level. She said just take care and stay healthy, no need to know the details cos I will be thinking too much about it. Haha..
Kitty think nurse is right . For my first the hcg was around 300 plus and this time hcg 818... Past 2 weeks I kept wondering if I am having twins ...

Kitty, are u no. 3005? I was there this morning too for 2nd bt and when I asked the nurse if I can have a copy of my bt result she also said cannot and faster put my previous bt result behind other papers. She said if we want then must ask from Dr Yu on our next appt. I must be lucky to be able to peek at my result the other time and the other nurse back then also nv hide my test result away leh. So far no call from clinic... so assuming no news is good news. :) btw do you have any symptoms yet?

Hello girls! I had my positive B-HCG last Monday at 14dp5dt and am currently 6 weeks pregnant. But I have been feeling nauseous since 2 days ago and it's getting worse. There's no vomiting yet but this nausea prevents me from eating or drinking. Any home made remedies that I can try? I have tried sour plums, ginger candy but they make me feel worse :(

I went for drips two days ago, and all vomitting stops. And it returns today again! Oh dear, I'm so afraid of vomitting as in the end I got gastritis too

I'm relying on the anti vomit pills now everyday.

I don't know how much strength I have to go through. Whole body no energy at all
oh dear how many months are you now, dear?

Hang in there! Think of the end goal! It means hormones are there to help babies grow well.

Back