Year 2016 IVF Mummy To-Be

Hello sis, I'm from nuh. BT will be around 4 weeks and at 6 weeks can see sac and bb's heartbeat?

I can't sleep through the night now, feeling abit of heart burn kind.

Did kK gives the support medication? Like proluton, duphaston? Will usually need to be on that until the first scAn?Pardon of my many questions

My dr gave me duphaston and progynova. I started with 2 duphaston twice a day and 2 progynova once a day. But from week 10 she's reduced it to 1 duphaston twice a day and 1 progynova daily. She said the medications will be stopped once I reached 2nd trimester.

My BT was week 4 and my first scan was week 7 where you can see the heartbeat.
Then week 10 was Harmony and week 12 is nuchal scan.

My dr gave me duphaston and progynova. I started with 2 duphaston twice a day and 2 progynova once a day. But from week 10 she's reduced it to 1 duphaston twice a day and 1 progynova daily. She said the medications will be stopped once I reached 2nd trimester.

You with KKH? How come your Harmony done before nuchal scan? Mine was recommended after Nuchal though ultimately i can't do.

Im also kinda worried for my first scan as i feel symptom-less until now. Dunno its good or bad! No morning sickness...nothing. except sore breast still exist. Anyone experience symptom-less as well?

When's ur scan?
Dun worry about being symptom-less now. The nightmare sometimes starts in Week 7. Enjoy the current moment first before MS hits you! Good luck for your scan!

You with KKH? How come your Harmony done before nuchal scan? Mine was recommended after Nuchal though ultimately i can't do.

I'm with RH. I'm not sure why the different dates though. But my Dr said that Harmony can be done 10 weeks onwards so we did it 2 weeks ago.
You mean you can't do nuchal or harmony?

I'm with RH. I'm not sure why the different dates though. But my Dr said that Harmony can be done 10 weeks onwards so we did it 2 weeks ago.
You mean you can't do nuchal or harmony?

Hai, it's complicated. During the 6-week scan, detected 2 heartbeats, but 1 vanished around week 7-8. At point of oscar, the risk for T18 and 13 is super high (1:38). And kkh resident doc dun recommend that i do harmony coz it might take in the odds of the vanished twin i.e. not accurate. Asked me to do amnio instead. I oso abit KS, went to Camden to see Prof Ananda for 2nd opinion at week 13. He cleared the bb from T18 and 13. Plus my gynae shared that babies with T18 and T13 won't be able to survive past Tri 3 or at worse stillborn. So I din risk and stop at oscar. Only during the detailed scan then manage to lower the risk coz the liver, kidney and heart of the surviving twin looks promising. Really a roller-coaster ride for me then.

I

Hai, it's complicated. During the 6-week scan, detected 2 heartbeats, but 1 vanished around week 7-8. At point of oscar, the risk for T18 and 13 is super high (1:38). And kkh resident doc dun recommend that i do harmony coz it might take in the odds of the vanished twin i.e. not accurate. Asked me to do amnio instead. I oso abit KS, went to Camden to see Prof Ananda for 2nd opinion at week 13. He cleared the bb from T18 and 13. Plus my gynae shared that babies with T18 and T13 won't be able to survive past Tri 3 or at worse stillborn. So I din risk and stop at oscar. Only during the detailed scan then manage to lower the risk coz the liver, kidney and heart of the surviving twin looks promising. Really a roller-coaster ride for me then.

I

Ooh no, sounds like a roller coaster ride indeed :-(
Sorry about the vanishing twin. But glad that all is alright now.
Amnio is invasive right? I hope my Dr won't ask me to do amnio. :-/ But oh well, I'll have to wait for the harmony and nuchal scan results first.

When's ur scan?
Dun worry about being symptom-less now. The nightmare sometimes starts in Week 7. Enjoy the current moment first before MS hits you! Good luck for your scan!
My scan will be on 16 Nov...haha its like another 2ww after the first 2ww! :rolleyes: Hopefully everything is fine :)

You are from kkh? The doctor at nuh still continues with those vaginal inserts, but in reduced quantity

You are from kkh? The doctor at nuh still continues with those vaginal inserts, but in reduced quantity

From RH. Yah actually after FET, I was on crinone insert twice daily then after bfp, dr continued crinone for a few days while I simultaneously started on duphaston and progynova.

Hi all, pop by to ask a qns okies? I am planning for my ivf. And I have heard that kkh usually will place two embryo if there is more than 1 surviving embryo. Jus wonder if anyone with nuh and would they prefer one embryo or 2 ?

Hi all, pop by to ask a qns okies? I am planning for my ivf. And I have heard that kkh usually will place two embryo if there is more than 1 surviving embryo. Jus wonder if anyone with nuh and would they prefer one embryo or 2 ?
Nuh do not recommend more than 1 embryo due to the risk of multiple pregnancies. And for first fresh, they will recommend one embryo first. However, the ultimate decision still lies with you and there is a cap of embryo that can be transferred depending on the age group. Hope this helps

If you are going to do IVF, do join the IVF support group under Matters of the Heart. The sisters there are awesome and have load of information on IVF. :)

hello sisters, may i ask that only after the first trimester then we can be released to other gynae? I have some issues here where I am returning to work, however, most scans are in the weekday which may be tough for planning. Is there any sisters here who went to private clinic for scan instead? thanks in advance

hello sisters, may i ask that only after the first trimester then we can be released to other gynae? I have some issues here where I am returning to work, however, most scans are in the weekday which may be tough for planning. Is there any sisters here who went to private clinic for scan instead? thanks in advance

For me, i was consulting 2 gynaes (1 from KKH and 1 from pte) in my first trimester. I had not much problem as my company allows time-off for medical reasons. After 1st Tri, i stick to the kkh gynae and he provides consultation up till 7pm. So i managed to schedule my appointments without having to apply MC or time-off. Only when i feel something is not right and when my gynae is not available, then i will go to any pte gynae for scans.

NUH gynae operates on Sat? If yes, then you can try to schedule Sat scans instead. If you have problem arranging for scans from Mon - Fri, it might be the same for pte gyne as most are providing consultations during "office hours".

For me, i was consulting 2 gynaes (1 from KKH and 1 from pte) in my first trimester. I had not much problem as my company allows time-off for medical reasons. After 1st Tri, i stick to the kkh gynae and he provides consultation up till 7pm. So i managed to schedule my appointments without having to apply MC or time-off. Only when i feel something is not right and when my gynae is not available, then i will go to any pte gynae for scans.

NUH gynae operates on Sat? If yes, then you can try to schedule Sat scans instead. If you have problem arranging for scans from Mon - Fri, it might be the same for pte gyne as most are providing consultations during "office hours".

Oh which means you see both Kkh and private gynae for your first scan?

They were saying there is no viability scan on weekends. Is the first scan transvaginal ultrasound?

Very tough in planning especially taken more than 3 weeks of leave and now returning to work and more leave to be arranged.

hi im 15 weeks now with nuh and prof has release me to other gynae in nuh of my choice at week 12.

after BT the next 2 weeks is the first scan at FCC is to see the sac. Den you see prof. He provide you with the same insert and oral medication and proluton jab twice a week to be done at nuh or buy from nuh and jab at gp. Another 2 more weeks, scan at FCC to see heartbeat den see prof. same provide same insert, oral and proluton jab twice a week. Another 2 more weeks, see prof only, he scan you see heartbeat and baby size and same provide same insert, oral and proluton jab twice a week. Another 2 more weeks, when ur going to reach 12 weeks, NT Scan known as Oscar Scan at FCC. See Prof, he graduate you no more inserts, oral and jab and provide you with vitamins instead and release you to other gynae appointment the next 2 weeks. Believe me the first 3 months, ur gone be broke every 2 weeks. $500 - $600 gone every 2 weeks coz crinone is so expensive! Everyday insert one for the first 3 month. Haha But its really worth it, just to keep your baby safe.

Last edited:
@cowmoomoo, for the first scan after bfp, i did the FCC in KKH first. Subsequently went to pte gynae coz my hb want to see the foetus again as usually KKH won't entertain.
For FCC, they will do abdominal scan first. If cannot find heartbeat, then will do transvaginal scan. Not sure if the practice is the same as NUH though. I think for FCC and first trimester dating (or oscar) no choice have to take leave or MC wan coz only done on weekdays. Once you have cleared the respective screens, you might be able to arrange weekend scans for the routine consultation, if your gynae work on Sat.

@cowmoomoo, for the first scan after bfp, i did the FCC in KKH first. Subsequently went to pte gynae coz my hb want to see the foetus again as usually KKH won't entertain.
For FCC, they will do abdominal scan first. If cannot find heartbeat, then will do transvaginal scan. Not sure if the practice is the same as NUH though. I think for FCC and first trimester dating (or oscar) no choice have to take leave or MC wan coz only done on weekdays. Once you have cleared the respective screens, you might be able to arrange weekend scans for the routine consultation, if your gynae work on Sat.

at NUH they scan both stomach and vaginal for the early stage. Week 12 onwards den only stomach coz baby has grown bigger. Oh yah and NUH FCC dont allow hubby to be inside for vaginal scan coz they said so call their protocol. But i insist my hubby to be in with me. I pay in full, my baby, my scan, I insist, I dont care one.

hi im 15 weeks now with nuh and prof has release me to other gynae in nuh of my choice at week 12.

after BT the next 2 weeks is the first scan at FCC is to see the sac. Den you see prof. He provide you with the same insert and oral medication and proluton jab twice a week to be done at nuh or buy from nuh and jab at gp. Another 2 more weeks, scan at FCC to see heartbeat den see prof. same provide same insert, oral and proluton jab twice a week. Another 2 more weeks, see prof only, he scan you see heartbeat and baby size and same provide same insert, oral and proluton jab twice a week. Another 2 more weeks, when ur going to reach 12 weeks, NT Scan known as Oscar Scan at FCC. See Prof, he graduate you no more inserts, oral and jab and provide you with vitamins instead and release you to other gynae appointment the next 2 weeks. Believe me the first 3 months, ur gone be broke every 2 weeks. $500 - $600 gone every 2 weeks Haha But its really worth it, just to keep your baby safe.

wow, so these proluton jab and inserts will have to be continued from week 4 to 12 too. That's a lot of money!

at NUH they scan both stomach and vaginal for the early stage. Week 12 onwards den only stomach coz baby has grown bigger. Oh yah and NUH FCC dont allow hubby to be inside for vaginal scan coz they said so call their protocol. But i insist my hubby to be in with me. I pay in full, my baby, my scan, I insist, I dont care one.
I'm paranoid now, is bending and squatting down all okay?

But I think only NUH practice proluton jab till week 12. Prof want to be 100% safe. I even bargain with Prof can i take the proluton jab once a week, he said cannot, better dont risk it.

I have the following that I wish to let go cheaply. You can ask for minimal prescription from your doc first and get the balance Fr me here.

1) dydrogesterone 10mg tablet
49 tabs expiry 052019 @ $0.80 / tab normal price from kkh $1.78

2) utrogestan (micronised progesterone) 100mg capsule
15 caps expiry 042017 @ $0.40 / cap
3 caps expiry 022017 @ $0.40 / cap
Normal price $0.83

3) puregon pen and needles
Have the pen in the case and 3 boxes of pen needles. Each box have 3 needles so total no. of pen needles = 9 expiring 022018
Letting go $200

Hello sisters, can I ask if it is normal that the left side pelvis kind of 'Suan, suan' kind of feeling? Anyone experience that? I had that since tww till now, and the 'pain' is still there. Is that normal? Not sure if I'm overreacting

Last edited:
Yups. IVF baby. Most expensive and difficult baby to conceive and maintain. haha
Wow seems that most sisters are given 'double' protection with medication. Dr Sadhana only prescribed duphaston twice a day only.
Heartburn is terrible. Night sickness starts to creep onto me the last few days and yesterday night puked at 2am.... super uncomfortable and cannot sleep

Wow seems that most sisters are given 'double' protection with medication. Dr Sadhana only prescribed duphaston twice a day only.
Heartburn is terrible. Night sickness starts to creep onto me the last few days and yesterday night puked at 2am.... super uncomfortable and cannot sleep

Ya.... nausea has been quite terok for me too. can't wait for the honeymoon phase to come.

How are you all doing? I'm finally in the 2nd trimester. Nausea is easing off, finally butttt.. gastric reflux is kicking in. Ive gotten my result for my harmony and also know that I'm having a boy! :)

How are you all doing? I'm finally in the 2nd trimester. Nausea is easing off, finally butttt.. gastric reflux is kicking in. Ive gotten my result for my harmony and also know that I'm having a boy! :)
you are in week13? Can know the gender already? Hehe your boy is definitely not shy!

I'm still waiting for my first scan but have bad morning sickness now. Heart burn and feel like vomitting. Hope all is well

you are in week13? Can know the gender already? Hehe your boy is definitely not shy!

I'm still waiting for my first scan but have bad morning sickness now. Heart burn and feel like vomitting. Hope all is well

Yah I knew the gender through harmony. But also can see a bit during the scan. Bahahahah. Yah he not shy!

Ooh no. How are you coping? Can try a few things for the morning sickness :
1) Eat small meals often ie. dont leave your stomach empty but don't eat too much at one go
2) Preggie pops - I got mine from qoo10
3) Sea bands - they do help although not 100%

Congrats sister! Sounds like it's going great!!! =)

How much did you pay for your harmony?

Congrats sister! Sounds like it's going great!!! =)

How much did you pay for your harmony?

So far ok.. but yah I'm still paranoid. Lol. I think I'll be like this until I deliver.

Harmony - About 859 or 879. I heard it's very ex (1.5k to 2k) at other hospitals though. Parkway East and Raffles are the lowest I think.

I checked that most insurance companies do not cover maternity insurance for pregnancy via ivf.
The only insurance company that I found out that offers maternity coverage is AIA Family First Baby but need to add premium to be paid for Investment Linked Products.
I found out from insurance agent that the minimum premium for ILP is $100 per mth and the premium for the maternity rider is $360. So for 1 year of pregnancy and post pregnancy, I need to fork out like $1600 and the benefits is limited to max of $5000 each for mother and child complication and max of $3000 for hospitalisation benefits at $100 per day.

Anyone know of any other maternity insurance that cover pregnancy via ivf and anyone plan to buy such insurance? or any other medical insurance that can cover pregnancy complications and baby complications?

I've just been booted out by Dr. Sadhana!!!

I suppose that's a good sign because it means she's fairly happy with baby's development.

BUT! I'm panicking cos I've yet to make any appointments for my next gynae!!! (T_T)

Yup it's a good sign cos it means she's confident of releasing you to the wilderness! lol.

Mine was supposed to be wk 12 but i asked if can extend then she said till wk 20. And so I booked my appt with the other gynae for jan! Like super early but the nurse said it's ok. lol.

Where are you intending to deliver?

I checked that most insurance companies do not cover maternity insurance for pregnancy via ivf.
The only insurance company that I found out that offers maternity coverage is AIA Family First Baby but need to add premium to be paid for Investment Linked Products.
I found out from insurance agent that the minimum premium for ILP is $100 per mth and the premium for the maternity rider is $360. So for 1 year of pregnancy and post pregnancy, I need to fork out like $1600 and the benefits is limited to max of $5000 each for mother and child complication and max of $3000 for hospitalisation benefits at $100 per day.

Anyone know of any other maternity insurance that cover pregnancy via ivf and anyone plan to buy such insurance? or any other medical insurance that can cover pregnancy complications and baby complications?

Thus far, only Great Eastern, AXA and AIA offers insurance for IVF Pregnancies (neo-natal care). From what i understand, Great Eastern will only cover your child if he/she is in NICU level 2 onwards. For AXA, additional premiums will be charged for IVF pregnancies, i think amount will largely depend on the diagnosis from the gynae on the pregnancy. You may want to check them out.

I bought mine recently under AIA, mainly because i have existing policies with them. I think i paid about $1.9k pa for the Family First and the investment link. I did not have any added exclusion coz given a clear bill from gynae. No doubt the coverage is low, but it is still something when i needed it. After the baby is born, we can choose to transfer the investment link to the bb or can also terminate it after 2 years. I am a risk-adverse person, but i guess no harm in this plan coz i will definately get back some money. At worse, i terminate after 2 years. But if you want further coverage for your bb after birth, you need to buy another medical or hospitalization policy later on. I paid another $360 for additional rider to cover my toddler (also conceived through IVF) for medical and hospitalization.

Yup it's a good sign cos it means she's confident of releasing you to the wilderness! lol.

Mine was supposed to be wk 12 but i asked if can extend then she said till wk 20. And so I booked my appt with the other gynae for jan! Like super early but the nurse said it's ok. lol.

Where are you intending to deliver?

I am happy about the development of my baby but I'm sad I have to find someone else now. Haha!

I am thinking of Mt A, Mt. E Novena or TMC. Gynae wise, I'm looking at Goh Shen Li... anyone knows whether she is any good?

Hello sisters, can I ask if it is normal that the left side pelvis kind of 'Suan, suan' kind of feeling? Anyone experience that? I had that since tww till now, and the 'pain' is still there. Is that normal? Not sure if I'm overreacting

It is actually normal for you to experience a dull aching feeling at your pelvis as your uterus is expanding. Initially i was also quite paranoid when I felt it but it is all part and parcel of the whole pregnancy. Don't worry :)

Hi just to check mummies with dr Loh do you continue with him as your gynae after BFP or you switch to another doc?
Wonder how is the waiting time like in o&g do they have night clinics? Thanks

Hi just to check mummies with dr Loh do you continue with him as your gynae after BFP or you switch to another doc?
Wonder how is the waiting time like in o&g do they have night clinics? Thanks
I'm not with him, but my nurses friends told me he is a skilful obstetrician. If I had gone to him for IVF, I would definitely stay with him. But yes, his waiting time can be quite long because he is so popular.

Hi all,
I just got a positive result (HCG 925 at 12dp5dt) from my BT done on Monday, so I'm just at 4 weeks pregnant! Feeling so excited and yet nervous at the same time. Gonna wait another 2 weeks for the first scan. I'm thankful to find useful information (like what to eat and what to avoid) from here. It's always good to be able to seek advice and support from fellow mums / mum-to-be. :)

Hello sisters, morning sickness will last at least for the whole one first trimester? I'm really feeling terrible starting from week 5 onwards, and it doesn't become better each day. I feel so drained, tired, exhausted and helpless. :'(

Hi all,
I just got a positive result (HCG 925 at 12dp5dt) from my BT done on Monday, so I'm just at 4 weeks pregnant! Feeling so excited and yet nervous at the same time. Gonna wait another 2 weeks for the first scan. I'm thankful to find useful information (like what to eat and what to avoid) from here. It's always good to be able to seek advice and support from fellow mums / mum-to-be. :)

No chinese herbs like Dang Gui. If unsure better ask or avoid chinese herbs coz first trimester is the most unstable stage. Bak Ku Teh might have to give a miss too as some are prepared using chinese herbs. I also stopped taking water-melon, chrysanthamum, barley etc. The rest i continue eating as usual including pineapple. LOL
Most people says avoid pineapple so if you are worried, give it a miss too. To avoid constipation, eat more fruits such as guava and apples. It helps to ease the bowel.

Hello sisters, morning sickness will last at least for the whole one first trimester? I'm really feeling terrible starting from week 5 onwards, and it doesn't become better each day. I feel so drained, tired, exhausted and helpless. :'(

It varies from individual. Some mummies to be dun go through it, whereas some had to bear with it up till 11 or 12 weeks. I am one of the "fortunate" ones coz MS stops ard week 16 and hit back around end Trimester 2. For the moment, take small meals and taking dry food like biscuits help!

Back