Year 2016 IVF Mummy To-Be

Hello babes!!

Im here too. Actually just discovered this page. :p
I've been really tired these days since the hubby is away and gotta entertain my cheeky active 2yo son.
Only 6 weeks and ive already vomited once. Nauseating almost everyday.
But its true how we dread all these sickness but when it goes away, we wonder if we are still preg. Confused ah.
On another note, cant wait for my 1st scan tomrw(wed). Hoping my son can come in together & say hi to his fellow "twin".

Babeeeee!! Did you update them at the IVF board about your success? I don't remember seeing this!

Happy to see you here! let us know when you see the heartbeat! So cool to be able to conceive with your frozen embbie =)

Its so great to have this forum going. Im week 14 tomorrow. Prof Pc Wong has released me to other gynae. So far i feel lucky i have no vomitting. Just when early stage headache and indigestion. Now all is good. :)
You sooooo lucky!!!!

I kena spotting and nausea so early on (T_T). Hopefully I get as lucky as you for the rest of the weeks!

Congrats on reaching 2nd trimester!

Yayyyy.. you are here too! Ooh no, must be very tiring for you.
Nauseaous right? :-( My MS seems to disappear for a few days but it came back with a vengeance recently and it's strange but whenever I go to dirty toilets, I'll vomit. Grrrrr.
Tell us how the scan went ok. You put in 2 right?
Oh yahhhhhhhhh.. it's the same batch of embryos as your son right. That's a story you can certainly tell them! :)

My sense of smell is overpowering. Cant even smell Eijaz's poop nowadays, I'll want to gag. But no choice lah, still must tahan! Heheheh will update again tomrw.

Yup yup, the embryos are of the same batch. So technically twins but of different years. Hehehe

Hello Gals, i also just discovered this thread! this thread like not as active as the ivf thread hor.

@ain_wayne, find your nick familiar. Were we cycle buddies in the past? My LO is 2yo and turning 3 next Jan.

Hello shiro_ger,
I think so!! Haha my son turns 3 in Feb next yr too. Wait we are cycle buddies again! Hehe congrats to you!! How far along are u?

Babeeeee!! Did you update them at the IVF board about your success? I don't remember seeing this!

Happy to see you here! let us know when you see the heartbeat! So cool to be able to conceive with your frozen embbie =)

Hello dear!!
Errr.. Where is the ivf board to update? Hehe haven really catch up leh. I only read the forums once in a few days..
Im gg for the scan tomrw at 240pm! Not the first time yet im so nervous like crazy.
Yeap yeap it was really a heartwarming thing to meet the frozen embbies again. Hahah i teared during my ET cos i felt like i missed them for 3 years since 2012. Lol
Now, prepping my son to call himself Abang and talk to his 'Adik'. Heheh

Oh my God!! 11 weeks! That means first tri is almost over!! Yea!!!

I am a looooooong way away. I should turn 7 weeks tomorrow. Can't wait for these weeks to pass and to go into 'safe land' 2nd tri!

Is harmony test used to test for DS?

Yes going to be over in 2weeks! I can't wait to enter 2nd tri. I heard it's like honeymoon period. Bahaha.

only 6 weeks away! It will fly by! Sometimes I feel that time is moving slowly but when I realize I'm almost 1/3 way done, I get scared and want time to go slowly, esp when I hear horror birth stories. Bahahah

Yup, it's used for DS testing. My dr said for me must do both the nuchal scan and either oscar or harmony. Apparently, the charges for harmony is so different in different hospitals, so do check with yours if you intend to do harmony. Some are $800+ and some up to $2k! *faints*

My sense of smell is overpowering. Cant even smell Eijaz's poop nowadays, I'll want to gag. But no choice lah, still must tahan! Heheheh will update again tomrw.

Yup yup, the embryos are of the same batch. So technically twins but of different years. Hehehe

Bionic woman! lol. That's what I told my hubby when my sense of smell suddenly become heightened. I felt like bionic woman! Maybe you have to wear mask when washing him. Hehe. I sometimes dab axe oil around my nose in case got any funky smell around.

Woahhh.. you can tell them the story when they grow up! The wonders of IVF and scicence. Same age but not same age!

Yes, update us on your scan k! :)

Hello shiro_ger,
I think so!! Haha my son turns 3 in Feb next yr too. Wait we are cycle buddies again! Hehe congrats to you!! How far along are u?

Not the same cycle this time round. Me not as lucky as you le. After my first cycle in 2012, i tried 3 FETs and 2 fresh. Got 2 MCs and finally strike on the last fresh. Me reaching 27 weeks liao. So bbs will still be borned in the same year. My 1st tri was bad too. Lost 6 kg coz of morning sickness. but like you said, must tahan. in Tri 2, usually will put on weight coz appetite is back. All the best for your scan later !

Hi ladies,
I read somewhere that mackerel fish is high in mercury content so we need to avoid them. But I also know that most fishballs are made from mackerel fish. Does it mean that we can eat?
I have been eating fishball mee tai mak soup every alternate days as that's the only comfort food for me now....
How. Must stop or can continue eating?
Anyone has any good advice.

Hi ladies,
I read somewhere that mackerel fish is high in mercury content so we need to avoid them. But I also know that most fishballs are made from mackerel fish. Does it mean that we can eat?
I have been eating fishball mee tai mak soup every alternate days as that's the only comfort food for me now....

I think better to stop eating it so often. Maybe can ask them to put something else instead of fishball? Mercury can affect the lungs, kidneys and nervous system. Even tuna has high mercury content. I kept craving for tuna sandwich the first few weeks but I keep stopping myself, maybe limit to once a week and for other days, I'll get chicken mayo or egg mayo sandwich.

Hi ladies,
ARGHGGHGHGG!!!!!! I should have read this!!! I just had the same thing this morning for breakfast (T_T) Tasted sooooooo good.....

My gynae told me week 6 till end of first tri is critical for baby cos all the critical organs are being built. better eat well and tahan... I stop myself from eating spicy food because of that... so xing ku.

ARGHGGHGHGG!!!!!! I should have read this!!! I just had the same thing this morning for breakfast (T_T) Tasted sooooooo good.....

My gynae told me week 6 till end of first tri is critical for baby cos all the critical organs are being built. better eat well and tahan... I stop myself from eating spicy food because of that... so xing ku.
Littlemonkies,
I know how you feel. I have no appetite for anything except this. So bo bian dinner still eat the same thing. Auntie assure me her fishball is made from yellow-tail fish. I eat more minced meat instead.

I think better to stop eating it so often. Maybe can ask them to put something else instead of fishball? Mercury can affect the lungs, kidneys and nervous system. Even tuna has high mercury content. I kept craving for tuna sandwich the first few weeks but I keep stopping myself, maybe limit to once a week and for other days, I'll get chicken mayo or egg mayo sandwich.

the_spinsterella, thank you for the advice. Will eat more minced meat instead. ☺

Littlemonkies,
I know how you feel. I have no appetite for anything except this. So bo bian dinner still eat the same thing. Auntie assure me her fishball is made from yellow-tail fish. I eat more minced meat instead.

*pat pat* We 同病相怜. Let's commiserate together.

It was quite funny. Hubby fried some 豆苗 for dinner yesterday. When I smelled it, I straightaway went toilet chuck up! It's strange how we develop aversion to the strangest possible food options lol!

Not the same cycle this time round. Me not as lucky as you le. After my first cycle in 2012, i tried 3 FETs and 2 fresh. Got 2 MCs and finally strike on the last fresh. Me reaching 27 weeks liao. So bbs will still be borned in the same year. My 1st tri was bad too. Lost 6 kg coz of morning sickness. but like you said, must tahan. in Tri 2, usually will put on weight coz appetite is back. All the best for your scan later !

So u did another cycle when ur son is ard a yr or so? Its ok, those failed cycles are now the past and really happy for you.. Hehe u have 10 weeks or so more to go! My prayers for u!!
My hubby actually been wanting us to go thru this again earlier but bcos my son was fully breastfed till a few mths back & that my period only came back on his 21st mth that we finally decided that it was prob time for him to have a sibling.

Anyway yes i had my scan today ladies! Sonographer found 1 baby today, so beautiful i couldnt help but to smile so widely when i saw the flickering heartbeat. 6 weeks we are.

I have always been a skinny gal who eats alot. Thruout my 1st pregnancy, i could eat everything i want, always hungry. Haha but this time, eat abit only so full i feel like puking.

So u did another cycle when ur son is ard a yr or so? Its ok, those failed cycles are now the past and really happy for you.. Hehe u have 10 weeks or so more to go! My prayers for u!!
My hubby actually been wanting us to go thru this again earlier but bcos my son was fully breastfed till a few mths back & that my period only came back on his 21st mth that we finally decided that it was prob time for him to have a sibling.

Anyway yes i had my scan today ladies! Sonographer found 1 baby today, so beautiful i couldnt help but to smile so widely when i saw the flickering heartbeat. 6 weeks we are.

I have always been a skinny gal who eats alot. Thruout my 1st pregnancy, i could eat everything i want, always hungry. Haha but this time, eat abit only so full i feel like puking.

Yay that's wonderful! :)

Did you have food aversions also?

As far as I know, the numbers usually double within 48 hours. Yours is 96 hours and it is already 10 times. So that is why the nurse is concerned. Maybe do the scan early to check that it is twins or not, besides ectopic pregnancy.

Haha no! Im such a foodie i hope it will never happen to me. So far everything seems ok but its just tat i cant eat as much. Half e usual amt. So sad cannot enjoy food like i used to. Hahaha

I'm a foodie too but now there's a gazillion things I can't eat.
It seems that garlic, onions and gingers are my biggest enemies.
I used to love veges also but now I only eat 1/4 of veges.
And I can't even look at mushrooms now. Bahahaha.
Even those fried chicken makes me queasy.
*faints*
I can't wait for the first trimester to be over so I can eat.

Morning sickness dun just stop by 1st Tri. Mine lasted from Week 7 to Week 16. Had a good break from Week 17 to 20. Mid of Week 20, the whole vomiting episodes started again (just that not as bad as 1st Tri).

Gals, when you all can eat, take the opportunity to eat whatever you crave for but be careful of overeating. Also need to pray hard that the food aversions dun visit again. The feeling is terrible!!

I just got sent home from office because my face looked so green from the nausea, and I was scaring people off the toilet with my puking sounds :'(

Nausea is really horrigible. Don't have also worry, have also hate. ARGHGHGHGHGHGHGHGHGHGGHG

Congrats sister! What an impressive HCG level!

I generally avoid cold and cooling food. e.g. ice cream, cucumber etc.
Avoid chinese herbs unless your sinsei specially prescribed for you. My sinsei told me to avoid dang gui during the first trimester.
Avoid pineapples, bananas.. in general fruits high in potassium.
Avoid spicy food

The rest you should know ba... like high mercury content fish must avoid etc. =)

Congrats sister! What an impressive HCG level!

I generally avoid cold and cooling food. e.g. ice cream, cucumber etc.
Avoid chinese herbs unless your sinsei specially prescribed for you. My sinsei told me to avoid dang gui during the first trimester.
Avoid pineapples, bananas.. in general fruits high in potassium.
Avoid spicy food

The rest you should know ba... like high mercury content fish must avoid etc. =)
Thanks sister! In fact i really have to thank you as i've been closely following your advise for the do's and don't during 2ww such as boiling chicken essence, red bean soup etc. Actually im also seeing ban choon chan for 4 mths prior to my IVF cycle but didnt go bk after ET as hub doesnt feel good to mix the med. Haha so im taking his free advise from you.:D

Last edited:
Thanks sister! In fact i really have to thank you as i've been closely following your advise for the do's and don't during 2ww such as boiling chicken essence, red bean soup etc. Actually im also seeing ban choon chan for 4 mths prior to my IVF cycle but didnt go bk after ET as hub doesnt feel good to mix the med. Haha so im taking his free advise from you.:D

Haha! Funny you! Welcome welcome! Happy to share all information as long as more sisters succeed!

Oh... I forgot also.... please continue taking chicken essence every day till bb's heartbeat is detected =) Best to use Sakura chicken or Kampung Chicken.

Jiayou ok!

Haha! Funny you! Welcome welcome! Happy to share all information as long as more sisters succeed!

Oh... I forgot also.... please continue taking chicken essence every day till bb's heartbeat is detected =) Best to use Sakura chicken or Kampung Chicken.

Jiayou ok!
Haha! Okok yes will faithfully take the chicken essence! :)

Morning sickness dun just stop by 1st Tri. Mine lasted from Week 7 to Week 16. Had a good break from Week 17 to 20. Mid of Week 20, the whole vomiting episodes started again (just that not as bad as 1st Tri).

Gals, when you all can eat, take the opportunity to eat whatever you crave for but be careful of overeating. Also need to pray hard that the food aversions dun visit again. The feeling is terrible!!

*faints* You mean it can go on till 2nd or 3rd trimester? :-/

I just got sent home from office because my face looked so green from the nausea, and I was scaring people off the toilet with my puking sounds :'(

Nausea is really horrigible. Don't have also worry, have also hate. ARGHGHGHGHGHGHGHGHGHGGHG

Oh no.. hope you are feeling better! Try getting the preggo pops. It helps.

For me I always gag/puke when I'm in public bathrooms! It's so strange but I'll always have to make a decision whether I want my bladder or throat to burst. *faints*

Littlemonkies,
Feeling any better these few days? Praying will be over soon

Hi IVF mummies,
i just had ET on last Sat, now is in 2WW.
Can anyone advise to me what shoud I take note?
Thank you.

Oh no.. hope you are feeling better! Try getting the preggo pops. It helps.

For me I always gag/puke when I'm in public bathrooms! It's so strange but I'll always have to make a decision whether I want my bladder or throat to burst. *faints*

I was in bed the whole of the weekend... all burnt. But today is much better... maybe cos I slept so much. I think rest does help with the nausea. Food smells also trigger nausea right...?
Littlemonkies,
Feeling any better these few days? Praying will be over soon

Hello dear, how are you doing? Still have nausea, but I guess we have to thank God for giving us the precious babies to carry in our wombs :)

I was in bed the whole of the weekend... all burnt. But today is much better... maybe cos I slept so much. I think rest does help with the nausea. Food smells also trigger nausea right...?

Hello dear, how are you doing? Still have nausea, but I guess we have to thank God for giving us the precious babies to carry in our wombs :)

Yeah, food smell also triggers nausea. But i tink for such instance, taking in 1 deep breathe (through the mouth) and burping it helps. Lol. Funny but it works for me.

Hi,

Getting distress and hope to hear any Sistas sharing experience here.

Yday I had my blood test and my beta reading was 88, I had spotting and bleeding for 5 days and still bleeding now. My HCG level seem to rise slowly and doc is worried.

Is there anyone who has such experience and carried on to successful pregnancy? It has been a terrible few days for me, I went to my gynae and as he checked me inside, is all blood and he said is not very encouraging sight..

I am scheduled to do blood test again ..to see my HCG levels. Feeling very down now..

Hi,

Getting distress and hope to hear any Sistas sharing experience here.

Yday I had my blood test and my beta reading was 88, I had spotting and bleeding for 5 days and still bleeding now. My HCG level seem to rise slowly and doc is worried.

Is there anyone who has such experience and carried on to successful pregnancy? It has been a terrible few days for me, I went to my gynae and as he checked me inside, is all blood and he said is not very encouraging sight..

I am scheduled to do blood test again ..to see my HCG levels. Feeling very down now..

Dear, I only had experience of spotting, and that was sufficient to know that any symptom of bloody discharge can be extremely distressing. You are so worried, and hoping against hope that the baby sticks. After all, you've been through so much for this baby.

Remember, you have already done your best. Only thing you can do now is to continue trying your best. Which means lying down as much as possible, have as much nutritious food as possible, hydrating yourself, talking to your baby, not panicking, and praying.

As for whether baby sticks, you can only pray and trust God. It is cold comfort but try and accept that if the babies don't stick, it usually means that there is something wrong with them. Bring out to the world also suffer. I'm not sure whether this helps. But when I was hospitalised for my spotting and possible ectopic pregnancy, this was what I told myself to bring myself to terms with the situation.

We are all rooting for you. Chin up!

Dear, I only had experience of spotting, and that was sufficient to know that any symptom of bloody discharge can be extremely distressing. You are so worried, and hoping against hope that the baby sticks. After all, you've been through so much for this baby.

Remember, you have already done your best. Only thing you can do now is to continue trying your best. Which means lying down as much as possible, have as much nutritious food as possible, hydrating yourself, talking to your baby, not panicking, and praying.

As for whether baby sticks, you can only pray and trust God. It is cold comfort but try and accept that if the babies don't stick, it usually means that there is something wrong with them. Bring out to the world also suffer. I'm not sure whether this helps. But when I was hospitalised for my spotting and possible ectopic pregnancy, this was what I told myself to bring myself to terms with the situation.

We are all rooting for you. Chin up!
I can't help but feeling depressed. I know at this point of time, I need to be strong and positive for my embbies. I kept telling myself that these few days, as each time I go bathroom and see blood trickling down I can't help lose hope and faith....

it helps a lot here that I get encouragement from sistas here..

Will go another blood test Tomm and see doc too...

I can't help but feeling depressed. I know at this point of time, I need to be strong and positive for my embbies. I kept telling myself that these few days, as each time I go bathroom and see blood trickling down I can't help lose hope and faith....

Just try your best to calm yourself down... and your emotions. Do some things that will help you stay calm, like meditate, pray or whatever works for you.

Keep faith ok.

Urghh..
Ive been putting off cooking for awhile now but tot today i'll want to fry some rice for my son..
Braved thru it totally. All the smell combined i swear is so nauseating!!

Hope you doing alright today. Have faith babe.. Even if it doesnt work out like you wanted, tell urself that u've tried ur best and the rest is God's plan.
Take care ya

hello ladies, can i ask after the BT, the next will be FCC scan to see the sac? and thereafter 2 weeks will scan to see BB's heart beat?

hello ladies, can i ask after the BT, the next will be FCC scan to see the sac? and thereafter 2 weeks will scan to see BB's heart beat?

Hello dear.
Which hosp are u at?
For KKH, after BT the nurses will scheduled for you ur 1st scan at the AMC clinic about 2 weeks later.
About 6 weeks then, sonographer managed to locate sac & see bb's heartbeat.

Hello dear.
Which hosp are u at?
For KKH, after BT the nurses will scheduled for you ur 1st scan at the AMC clinic about 2 weeks later.
About 6 weeks then, sonographer managed to locate sac & see bb's heartbeat.
Hello sis, I'm from nuh. BT will be around 4 weeks and at 6 weeks can see sac and bb's heartbeat?

I can't sleep through the night now, feeling abit of heart burn kind.

Did kK gives the support medication? Like proluton, duphaston? Will usually need to be on that until the first scAn?Pardon of my many questions

Hello sis, I'm from nuh. BT will be around 4 weeks and at 6 weeks can see sac and bb's heartbeat?

I can't sleep through the night now, feeling abit of heart burn kind.

Did kK gives the support medication? Like proluton, duphaston? Will usually need to be on that until the first scAn?Pardon of my many questions

KKH only gave me duphaston... I didn't get proluton. I started having it the day my BT came out. But unfortunately, they had to up the dosage of my dupaston closer to 5 weeks because I had spotting.

I also having some major problems sleeping because of reflux... the stomach acid keeps coming out. Guess it's one of the prices we pay for the privilege of a bun in our oven :)

KKH only gave me duphaston... I didn't get proluton. I started having it the day my BT came out. But unfortunately, they had to up the dosage of my dupaston closer to 5 weeks because I had spotting.

I also having some major problems sleeping because of reflux... the stomach acid keeps coming out. Guess it's one of the prices we pay for the privilege of a bun in our oven :)

Thanks littleMonkies! After 2ww, worry of the first scan. Worry every moment, walk too fast also worry , worry will it affect the little one. No more burping symptoms also worry.

Can I ask can we still continue to drink longan red date drink everyday?

Going back to work soon. Was it a 'relaxed' mode away from work for some time. The thought of it really .... Can only enjoy the last few days now

@cowmoomoo Dun worry about the various milestones (though it's hard i know) coz the embiescan feel it. Try to stay chill and treat it like any other day. Time passes faster too. As for walking, actually walking fast is ok but NO to brisk walking, jogging and running.

After detecting the bb heartbeat, IMHO, actually not too bad to be symptom-less. The morning sickness, heartburn and light-headedness can affect our work. Mine was so bad that i was admitted for dehydration and was on HL for a while. In fact, going back to work and help to divert part of our attention from counting down to the next milestones. And yes, can continue drinking LRD tea coz it keeps the body warm. But our body changes during pregnancy so not everyone can take the heatiness (even if you are ok before confirmed bfp).

Enjoy the journey and all the best to your upcoming scan!

Did you tell your doc about the heartburn and get him to prescribe you with the medicine?

Im also kinda worried for my first scan as i feel symptom-less until now. Dunno its good or bad! No morning sickness...nothing. except sore breast still exist. Anyone experience symptom-less as well?

Urghh..
Ive been putting off cooking for awhile now but tot today i'll want to fry some rice for my son..
Braved thru it totally. All the smell combined i swear is so nauseating!!

Ooh no! I can't even fry egg also. My dr was saying some ppl cannot take the oil smell.

I'm so anxious cos I'm waiting for the Harmony result. Took the blood on 24/10/2015 but so far no calls from hospital. :-( Tomorrow I'm going for my nuchal scan. Also nervous. :-(

Back