WTS: Here's A Little Poem (Julia Gabriel)

yoke

Brand new " Here's A Little Poem ". The book is required for use in class at Julia Gabriel. $18
Please PM if keen. Thanks.

book cover.JPG
This exuberant celebration of poetry is an essential book for every young one’s library and a gorgeous gift to be both shared and treasured.
The poems, one per page, are arranged in four categories that encompass child's a world: "Me, Myself, and I," "Who Lives in My House?," "I Go Outside," and "Time for Bed." The poetry is witty, intelligent, and well crafted, and perfect for the target audience. The list of contributors reads like a who's who of children's poetry—Margaret Wise Brown, Nikki Grimes, Aileen Fisher, Jack Prelutsky, and others. Almost all of the selections have appeared in print before. Most of them are only a few lines long, and are printed in large informal type in a variety of colors that match the illustrations. The art was created using a wide range of mediums and techniques, and Dunbar blends them seamlessly to create charming images that are amazingly expressive. The children in them are carefree and happy and the book as a whole suggests a world that is safe and secure. Here's a Little Poem is a great way to introduce the youngest listeners to the genre—Donna Cardon, Provo City Library, UT

Last edited:

Back