Who's the best divorce and custody lawyer in Singapore?

Mummy_Darling, you are fighting his family only. I am fighting against the women's charter and the court's perception that mothers are normally the better caregiver.

I can't live without my children. All the mummies out there will feel me because we are the ones that feed the children, we are the ones that changed their diapers, we are the ones that clean up after them, we are the ones that wakes up in the middle of the night carrying them and consoling them.

My wife's boyfriend is a chain smoker. His whole family of 5 are smokers. Whenever it is my wife's turn to look after the children, they will be sent back to me coughing away. Every time I get them back to health, the next week will be the same again.

Her boyfriend is a divorcee himself with 2 children, presumably with his ex-wife. Therefore he knows the fact the courts will normally give preference for the kids to be with the mother.

I am fighting a great uphill battle.

James, I totally understand ur stand. Cos not all lawyers are willing to use the woman charter to help and protect woman as the stand of being the mum. I have already done all I can to protect my kids and also within my means. Now is all up to God's strength to help me. As long as my stand is clear cut and stand firm too, I believe nothing is impossible. Pray to God and he will help u. Must have faith k?

Goo luck and may God bless u too.
happy.gif

My circle of friends are all praying for me. My whole family is praying for me. Even my domestic helper, my neighbours are praying for me. They are the ones that see for the first hand how I sacrifice for the children.

I am a Master degree holder, yet, I gave up my career for a one the dot 6pm to go job so I can rush home to look after my children personally.

I taught my daughter her first word. I taught her the different body parts. The happiness I got when she does it right is unable to be described.

Yet, I may lose all of them even though my wife is the one that committed adultery. Just because I am a man.

james K, i really saluate u.
not many man r like u willing to give up career for the family.
its not easy for a men to bring up the kids as many have big ego n stuff.
u really make me look up to u.
keep ur fighting spirit

Thanks Yeo Xiu Hui.

My career is secondary to my children. My children are the most important persons in my life. I used to have a big ego. But when my daughter was born, my perception changed. Her smile changed me. When my son was born, he has even a greater smile. He is a shy boy but his smile can melt the coldest heart.

Even her family and friends agree that I am a better caregiver then her.

Alas, I have a greater chance to lose both of them as the Singapore courts has a norm where the care and control of children of young ages are normally given to the mother. They are only 4 and 1 respectively.

James,

I hope you win the custody of yr kids. Pls hv hope. Is the wife's adultery overlooked when it comes to custody of the kids? I do feel it is unfair cos not every woman can take care of the kids well. Don't they see case to case basis? Seems like Singapore is old fashioned when it comes to divorce cases when the wife commits adultery, just like they cannot accept babies born out of wedlock, cos certain parents subsidies/financial aids are not given to single mothers. Our govt has not kept up with the times that adultery committed by wives is slowly getting prevalent.

Moospa, to answer your question, even if a woman had committed adulterous act with 100 different men, it bares no significance.

My soon to be ex-wife, now resigned from her workplace to "look after the children full time", which I guess would be until the whole custody fight is over. The court will look favourably towards her since she "give up" her job to look after the children. Better yet, because she "give up" her job to look after the children, she can claim more alimony and child maintenance from me.

I am in sort of a lose-lose situation. I lose my wife to her adulterous partner, I might lose my children to her because I am a male, I might be required to give her more alimony and child maintenance if the children are given to her just because she "needs to maintain the standard of living as if she is still in marriage."

james, sorry to hear what u going thru.

But I disagree with what u say. If she commit adultery with one man, it might not show there is serious flaws in her character but if she commit adultery with many men, then it shows she is not a good example for the children. if it's like that, then get a good lawyer to fight for custody.

For her resignation, u can show cause to the judge, she is doing all this to get higher maintenance during the period of divorce. Actually if u get a good lawyer, they suppose to highlight all this to the court.

Janey, I know that come as a shock to you, but it does bare no significance. To the court a woman might not be a good role model, but as long as she can prove that she can look after children, she wins.

I had already gotten a lawyer. She mentioned to me that it is always an uphill battle against women in a custody fight, even if there are sufficient evidences to show that she had committed adultery.

My lawyer did highlighted this in my affidavit that she had recently resigned from her job to contest for care and control for the children and higher maintenance.

My Lawyer highlighted several factors, her inappropriate association with a male, her negligence to the children since Jan (the day she ran away from home taking the children with her), her suddenly resignation to "stay at home to look after the children" and so on.

But there is still no 100% certainty of winning.

hi James, I learned it from my lawyer, if u can prove that she is not a good role model, and also bring many men with the children, u can use this. It will be good to seek a second option, as I know there are some good lawyer who are good in custody matters.

Although it's a uphill battle for custody, if u are persistence and truth, u will win the battle. In court proceeding, nothing is 100%.

If she is not true in wanting to look after the children, then if she resign from her work to look after the children, won't u have more chances to get evidence of her not taking care good care of the child.

Hi Janey,

There is no way I can prove that. I can prove that she is always out until wee hours, but it might not be useful.

Perhaps you can recommend some good lawyers who are good in custody matters to me. My lawyer is recommended by a lawyer friend. She has been a matrimonial lawyer for 18 years.

She is currently cohabiting with her boyfriend at her boyfriend's place, it is impossible for me to get evidence for her not taking good care of the children. I have evidences until late Feb, that is when she sack my family maid and sent her back.

Then after she sent her back, she made a police report against my family maid to make sure the maid is banned from coming back to Singapore to provide evidences against her.

hi james, if u can prove that she is always out till wee hours, isn't it good to use against her? How is she going to look after the children when she is out? who is she leaving the children with?

yes, u can PM me, if u wan for the lawyer contact.

if she is at the boyfriend hse, isn't it good to gget evidence? can't get a good PI to help u monitor their behaviour?

I think if the maid is on your side, u can also appeal on behalf of the maid the reason and maybe ICA or mom will not ban her

Hi Janey,

She can say now she is a full time mother and would not go out any more. Chances are she will leave my kids with her new maid.

She is at the boyfriend house, that is the hard part. Even a good PI cannot go into the house to monitor their behaviour. Their flat is on the low floor and partially covered. The PI I had used had told me of the restriction.

I had already managed to get my original maid back. Now my wife is trying very hard to press the police to press charges against my maid. We had even been summoned to the police station for my maid's case.

Can anyone recommend a good lawyer for me for the care and control of my children?

My adulterous soon to be ex-wife is trying very hard to brainwash my children now. I do not want them to be brainwashed and grow to hate me. I want the care and control of my children.

James K, I read your story.

Actually, u could have used the evidence from the PI to bargain with her for custody. Don't let her know how much u have in evidence, since u have some facts like where they stay and so forth. Use it to frighten them. She would have know u have a PI on her. If she contested, the man would have to appear in court, and this will shame both of them. So normally she would ask u to reduce it to unreasonable behaviour, and u can use custody of your children to reduce it to unreasonable behaviour.

But I think u have reduce the reasons for divorce without any trade in. Now, there is nothing u can use to frighten her. And although she pay for your PI fees and part of your lawyer fees, but she is getting back at you with the custody and maintenance, and in the long run, u lose out.

All this actually u should have sat down with your lawyer to discuss the whole plan, putting divorce, custody and maintenance as one, so that u would not have being in this situation.

I have a friend who was in the same situation. The wife also want the custody of the child to 'punish' the husband, my friend got evidence of her committing adultery from a PI. He used the evidence to 'talk' with the wife. The wife was shocked and give me, as he was afraid of disgracing herself and the man. The lawyer put up the divorce paper and the wife signed. Everything was smooth and fast.

The problem is she is not afraid to be shamed. All the family members,relatives and her ex-colleagues knows about it.

I had spoken with my lawyer, she proceed without informing me. Why do you think I want to change lawyer?

It will be different to be in court to answer to adultery and also for that man.

Anyway, pm me if u wan a lawyer' contact

Hi Janey,

Thanks. She just smsed me. I will be seeing her this Friday for preliminary advice.

Hopefully it would be a good picture.

i am not "ti-kee" (铁齿), but we must not be too superstitious over this kind of thing. Are u so competence in this that u can accurately a couple bazi?

Jolyon, I know u trying to help. But your topics is irrelevant to this thread. Maybe u can start your own thread as it's diverting to different topics.

Jolyon, I am a Christian. I am not tee ki. I have my own religious belief, u have your own. So pls respect each other religion even thought I don't belief what u say.

Anyway, it not right for u to 'hijack' others' thread as it not relevant to the topics. If u like to discuss about Bazi and ghost sighting then start your own thread, so that anyone who believe or interested will go there.

Dear Mdm janey (janey09) & Mdm clear path (margret) ,

Do not get angry first.

1. Looks like you do not read my posts. May be you do not understand what is written in Chinese.
2. Up to you to believe.
3. I do not have to convince you.

If you feel offended, I am sorry.

Last edited:
i am not angry, I have read, u are highlighting things which u have belief, for us we belief in different things, so it doesn't mean we are tee ki. In this thread, we are not kaypoh to advice others to divorce, we are helping people to look for good lawyers in divorcing case.

Anyway, like I say, ths thread is for recommending lawyers that we come across to be good and reliable. If u think u can help others with your belief, start your own thread, nobody will 'disturb' u.

Jolyon, what I believe everything is destiny. Are u saying u are better then god? by going through the Bazi reading, u can change the course of life? Even both party are married and their bazi are compatible, are u saying because of this to stay in the marriage?

Not everyone become worse when they get a divorce. There are many cases, where the couples become happier after a divorce.

I am going through Divorce and my lawyer is really good lawyer. Her name is Grace Malathy.
She has very good Communication ability.
She is perfect in Responsiveness.
Quality of service is really great.
Value for money is totally worth it.
She is really good lawyer and negotiable.
Her office is at Mountbatten Square.
I would definitely recommend her to anybody.
If anybody need more info pls send me SMS @ 85885490.
I would love to share more details with you whoever is in need for their bright Future.

Do u know it's against the law to promote legal services in this manner ? Why do u think no lawyers come to this site n promo the other than u!

I think in such matter going for a lawyer advice is better idea, since they know about droit social much more correctly then anyone of us. Lawyers are the only person to whom we can ask any question regarding law and they gives us the proper answers.

Hi toy_collector ... Christian lawyer or non Christian lawyer, they all need to makan. ...Uncontested div $3-5k n Contested is $5k+++++

I'm doing myself n I haven't even spent $500 so far. Feel free to PM if u wish to know.i'll help u. God bless

Has anyone fought in court against lawyer Carry Gill from Harry Elias? I asked in some facebook groups, some say she uses very dirty tricks and makes parties to fight more in order to escalate the costs. Some say she is very aggressive, takes things very personal and attempts to emotionally destroy those who she fights against? any feedback please, what to be ready for?

Hi there, can anyone pls share the average cost for lawyer in divorce maintenance contested case? Any feedback on Gloria JC or IRB Law? Thanks in advance..

Hubby and i have came to a consensus to divorce but the bto which we are living in is 2yrs 3 mths.
Found out he has many rs with many girls, with one whom he spent mainly on like air fare, jewellery, money, gifts and all. He keep claiming no sex. How could that be. But even without, can we file the divorce under adultery?
I have some whatapps msg log of him talking intimately with some of these sluts.

Anyone got good lawyer which is not too expensive. I m working but under probation not yet confirmed n may need to find a job. I want to fight for my girl main sole custody with reasonable visiting rights what does visiting rights under supervision means?

Hope to get advice n hear from u lovelies soon

Hubby and i have came to a consensus to divorce but the bto which we are living in is 2yrs 3 mths.
Found out he has many rs with many girls, with one whom he spent mainly on like air fare, jewellery, money, gifts and all. He keep claiming no sex. How could that be. But even without, can we file the divorce under adultery?
I have some whatapps msg log of him talking intimately with some of these sluts.

Anyone got good lawyer which is not too expensive. I m working but under probation not yet confirmed n may need to find a job. I want to fight for my girl main sole custody with reasonable visiting rights what does visiting rights under supervision means?

Hope to get advice n hear from u lovelies soon

Nope you need to get him
-to admit
-they have a child
-get a PI.

Otherwise, you just file under unreasonable behavior.

Sole Custody is difficult unless he is abusive or other issues that will affect the well being of your daughter or he gives up. Get sole care n control n give him access rights.

Under supervision can be with helper or social welfare worker however there must be a valid reasons like too young or husband is abusive.

Hello. Anyone applied to Family Court for custody, care and control without a lawyer? Any advice on the basic amount of maintenance or access rights granted during separation? I tried to do a separation deed but my husband who is earning almost $6K only want to provide less than $200 a month for my girl (8 months old). He also wants liberal access rights which is very disruptive cause he doesn't know how to take care of her and expects me to send the baby to him because my father drives. My concern is money cause my parents are old and retiring. I do not have a maid so the baby is at the IFC and I'm very burnt out because baby still wakes up at night to BF but it is okay cause I love her so much. I just want to protect her and take care of her. I'm the sole-caretaker at the moment. I've moved out since late last year cause we keep fighting everyday against his wishes. He used the baby many times to threaten me and I feel very trapped.

Back