When does your kid know how to bath by himself?

jkids

my son still needs me to bath for him, esp his head. he is 6. when is the right age to let go and let him do on his own?

Hmmm this is interesting. I am keen to know to.

I think by 6 years old, parents will need to start training the kid to shower on their own. So that when the child goes to student care centre in primary one, he is independent. I heard the staff at the day care centers will not help to shower the children.

But if the child confirm not going student care, perhaps there no hurry. But usually chldren's self awareness will strengthened as they grow, by primary school, they may not even want parents to help them to shower.

My kid showers himself (although we're on standby in the bathroom) - been encouraging him to shampoo/wash himself clean since he was 2 plus.

Initially we made it like a game monkey-see, monkey-do so he imitated our actions. Same for brushing teeth, we'll make funny sounds when we brush upper/lower jaw etc. He thinks bath-time is fun so there hasnt been any problems getting him to clean up.

other than bathing himself...wats the best time the child can wipe himself after passing motion? my child tried...but not clean...

Good question, dreamer! Hahaha haven't gone to that stage yet. He'll run to the shower after pooping anyway so everything's washed away!

My son at 4 I've let him tried to bath himself. I will stand beside him to guide him so far he did quite well just that he like to drag abit (playing water) in the toilet.

Back