watt wing fong from Raffles hospital

yaEsh

Dear all,

I am new to this forum and I would like to get reviews about gyne in raffles .. I had a miscarriage in my 1st pregnsncy ( later understood that I dint make proper checking for doctors here ) and this time to be more safe , I would like to have reviews before I choose gyne.
Does any one suggests DR.watt wing fong from raffles ? Could u let me know the package cost and what are covered in the package .

Appreciate all your kind responses.
Happy motherhood .

Hi @yaEsh, I was seeing Dr Watt from 1st trimester until last week (week 39). I was not informed of her package cost so I assume she does not have a package. Her follow-up consultation is about $90 per session (excludes ultrasound scan and emergency consultation). She is a patient doctor who does not rush through consultations and answers all your questions. I liked her scans as she would tell you all the details of the bb, and show you the bb's face on the monitor.

I can tell you her delivery charges and Raffles Hospital charges if you're interested.

Do you have a birth plan? For e.g., do you prefer natural or c-sec? Do you mind being chemically induced? These are questions you should think about and you may feel most comfortable with a gynae who supports your birth plan as much as possible.

Hi thanks for your reply.

I had a miscarraige at 17 weeks in my 1st pregnancy. Later we realized that it's gyne mistake that they dint do ultrasound at 15 weeks to check the position and the gyne is unwilling to tell us the reason for miscarraige. That's y we want to be safer this time to avoid complications.

I would like to give natural birth . It will be appreciated if you could share me the delivery costs and other necessary information .

Appreciate your help .
Hi @yaEsh, I was seeing Dr Watt from 1st trimester until last week (week 39). I was not informed of her package cost so I assume she does not have a package. Her follow-up consultation is about $90 per session (excludes ultrasound scan and emergency consultation). She is a patient doctor who does not rush through consultations and answers all your questions. I liked her scans as she would tell you all the details of the bb, and show you the bb's face on the monitor.

I can tell you her delivery charges and Raffles Hospital charges if you're interested.

Do you have a birth plan? For e.g., do you prefer natural or c-sec? Do you mind being chemically induced? These are questions you should think about and you may feel most comfortable with a gynae who supports your birth plan as much as possible.
H

@yaEsh Sorry to hear about your miscarriage. I understand that you'll want to be in safe, competent hands this time round.

For natural delivery at RH, the estimated total cost is about $7,400 (after Medisave deduction), including Dr. Watt's fees of $3,200 (add $500 if you need assisted vacuum or forceps delivery). For c-sect delivery at RH, the estimated total cost is about $8,000 (after Medisave deduction), including Dr Watt's fees of $4,200. As you can see, both RH and Dr Watt are NOT cheap! But RH is a really pleasant hospital and the service is good.

I should share with you my personal experience as I wanted a natural delivery too, but I switched gynae in my 39th week as I found Dr Watt was not very supportive of my birth plan. Although Dr Watt is very nice and patient, she kept saying that I would end up with a high chance of c-sect due to my short stature (less than 150 cm) and tight pelvis. She strongly hinted that I should go for a planned c-sect. That she was not confident of my ability to deliver naturally due to my physique made me very upset and demoralized. So in my 39th week, I switched to a much more pro-natural gynae - Dr Paul Tseng, and gave birth at TMC less than a week later. Under Dr Paul, I delivered naturally and safely with vacuum assistance and was very happy that my wish for a natural delivery was met!

So if you want to stick with Dr Watt and RH, do check with her early on what she thinks your chances of a natural delivery are. From my experience, it is clear that she is more risk averse (hence relying more on c-sect) than the more pro-natural gynaes.

Hi
Thanks for reply. Do you have suggestions about other gyne in raffles ? Just as back up incase i dint get Dr.Watt appointment .

Hi
Thanks for reply. Do you have suggestions about other gyne in raffles ? Just as back up incase i dint get Dr.Watt appointment .

@yaEsh I was recommended Dr Lee I-Wuen by the nurse who led the RH hospital tour, as well as Dr Tony Tan Yew Teck by a senior gynae who's my mum's friend.

Hi
Thanks so much fr reply. I ll check on those gynes .
Between is it common to urinate frequently for every 10 mins during 1st trimester . I checked with raffles emergency last week and no urinsry infection. I am drinking lots of water though . Donno y I am peeing for 10 mins once .

Haha my 1st trimester felt like such a long time ago. :p Yes, it's normal due to the hormones. When you pee, try to lean forward to empty more of your bladder.

Hi thanks so much fr giving me boost up. I went to raffles emergency just now again to check whether any urinary infection or not . Thank god no infection though . May be I am worrying too much . They suggested to drink alkaline citrate to control burning . I hope it won't affect my bb and get rid of this problem soon .

Back