Ultrasound to Find Out Baby's Gender

p_eppermint

dear mummies, would like to find out if there's any private clinic which i can go to to do an u/s and check for bb's gender.. i'm currently 16 weeks going onto 17 weeks, seeing dr vanaja from NUH. the thing abt NUH is, they do not do u/s scan everytime you see the doc, and the no. of u/s scans is really limited. i had my last scan at 11+weeks (first trim screening), after which i saw the doc again just last week - but doc only listened to bb's heartbeat; no u/s.

firstly, i am worried cos as a first time mother, at this stage we'd like to be able to see the bb for ourselves and sort of assure ourselves that bb is fine.. secondly, of cos, we'd like to know the bb's gender as i understand that usually it is around this time that we are able to find out through u/s.

according to my sis' experience at a private gynae, an u/s was conducted during every visit which was every mth and it was extremely reassuring to see the bb doing fine. plus, you also get to look forward to sth every mth i guess.. she was shocked that NUH does not do u/s scan everytime we go for check up.

my next appt to see doc is in mid apr - but only to see doc regarding thal. minor issues (hubby did blood test prev visit just to confirm he does not have thal. minor so doc wants to see us abt that). following which, detailed scan in first week of may which would be my 21st week. still more than a mth from now to the detailed scan :( hence thought i'd try my luck to see if anyone has done anything like this before? going to private clinic just to do u/s to check on bb and reveal bb's gender if possible? i know that it is possible to do gender tests but it's a bit too ex :(

thanks in advance for any helpful information!

Back