TTC - Trying to Conceive 2017

Anyone using Watsons Ovulation Kits? I had been using it for quite awhile but couldn't see any positive line at all.
I tried it every morning around 7plus everyday and my period is regular (32 days).
Please advice am I using it at the correct time? I google it some say morning test and some say afternoon test but I'm followed according ovulation kits guide (first urine in the morning)

Anyone using Watsons Ovulation Kits? I had been using it for quite awhile but couldn't see any positive line at all.
I tried it every morning around 7plus everyday and my period is regular (32 days).
Please advice am I using it at the correct time? I google it some say morning test and some say afternoon test but I'm followed according ovulation kits guide (first urine in the morning)

Ovulation kit afternoon pee will be more precise if using Watson or cheapo test kit.
Clearblue can be use any day as it can detect the surge.

First urine to be use if testing for pregnancy.

I already tested for two days in the morning. Shall I carry on to test in the morning for this cycle or change to test in the afternoon?
Sorry for being a noob here.

this cycle i test in the afternoon using cheapo kit. if the cheapo kit have faint line, i change to clearblue to test. yesterday i test in the morning which give me smiley face (clearblue). is ur cycle zun? or u can test both time in morning and afternoon everyday to catch the surge. use the cheapo kit and if positive surge then use clearblue to double confirm.

this cycle i test in the afternoon using cheapo kit. if the cheapo kit have faint line, i change to clearblue to test. yesterday i test in the morning which give me smiley face (clearblue). is ur cycle zun? or u can test both time in morning and afternoon everyday to catch the surge. use the cheapo kit and if positive surge then use clearblue to double confirm.

Zun for the past two months. I shall monitor again. Thanks for the advice.

counting down 2ww again 3-5 more days.... anyone else soon?

I felt a little sore throat few days ago, stomach slightly tight and rumbling, I know it's could just be normal symptoms before period. I'm still very hopeful this month :)

only strange thing was I was dizzy for 2 days am, but could be due to no food but I normally do not eat in the morning anyways.

Keep positive !!!

Untitled.png

mean my AF coming right :(

Hi bonjourbaby,

Can i check how to know if i am havin chemical pregnancy?

For past 2 cycle, my Af is 2 days delay , with high bbt, usually Af is 14days after ovulation date, but that 2 cycle AF comes ard day 16 to 18 after ovulation. Is it chemical pregnancy? I tested but is BFN

If hav Chemical pregnancy, cant do ivf?

Since u already tested BFN, high chance it's not chemical pregnancy. For my case I tested BFP, and then when I go to gynae for BHCG blood tests, the numbers keep dropping, then confirm it's chemical pregnancy

Was considering it, but clearblue OPK is more expensive.. As I am currently testing everyday, will be using the OPK for days which shows faint and clearblue during the estimated fertile days...

It is strange... everyday test but OPK shows nothing... or should I be testing 2x a day?

I'm using Clearblue Advance Digital OTK, since I have more than one set of digital reader from my previous purchases, I continue to test after the first one shows the smiley (Peak), the next test shows "O" (not ovulated) then following day blinking smiley (Ovulating), and another day "peak" again ?!? Confused *

I'm using Clearblue Advance Digital OTK, since I have more than one set of digital reader from my previous purchases, I continue to test after the first one shows the smiley (Peak), the next test shows "O" (not ovulated) then following day blinking smiley (Ovulating), and another day "peak" again ?!? Confused *

I have bad experience with the advanced clearblue too. Blink and blink and did not turn into peak.

I guess after so many tries I better take the words of the elderly, I heard some people are more "bang-dang" and weak in nature, try to avoid any celebration or mourning events if possible (Birthday, baby shower, house warming, wedding, funeral or hospital visit, etc), in Chinese layman term is red & white events.

Nowadays I don't take Birthday cakes, red eggs or Ang Gu Kueh for baby full-month celebration...
Better to be safe than sorry.

Anybody (esp the 三姑六婆) that asks me or my hubby "not planning to have children ah?"
Just smile and get distracted. Don't say so much... very stressful to explain too

So stressful to monitor by ovulation kit always negative and measure BBT. Tried for a few months but no good news. See gynae for further check up and tcm to tiao body already but still no good news. So desperate to have baby.. Anyone same as me?

So stressful to monitor by ovulation kit always negative and measure BBT. Tried for a few months but no good news. See gynae for further check up and tcm to tiao body already but still no good news. So desperate to have baby.. Anyone same as me?

My normal bbt also range from 35.8 to 36. Is it too low?

Haiz.. I feel u.. have been trying for months...

my tcm told me must be 36.7 during ovulation and it will stay for estimation of days

Just went to see my tcm and she told me don't depend on ovulation kit too much. As the more I tested I won't get what I want because I'm too stressful by seeing the result on the kit. How not to be stressful?

what is IUI success rate? I am considering IVF though

SO IUI success rates are better than IUI, not sure of the percentage though, but it's lower than IVF. If you are looking at IVF, you may want to start arranging and make appointment if you are planning to use KKH as the queue is a few months...

SO IUI success rates are better than IUI, not sure of the percentage though, but it's lower than IVF. If you are looking at IVF, you may want to start arranging and make appointment if you are planning to use KKH as the queue is a few months...

Ya I got an appt next month... hope all went well..

Hi everybody, I need your advice please.. i just got married on february this year and we want to conceive asap.. Been trying in the last three months and AF kept coming every month (crying everytime it shows up).. hehe

I tried using OPK and the smiley face kept flashing for few days and suddenly it's O.. but ill keep on trying to use OPK to see my ovulation..

I am currently 1 week late and did pregancy test this morning and came out negative.. :(

Many people told us to take it easy and not think about it too much.. but thinking that i am 31 yo and my husband is 36 yo, we want to check our condition on this early stage..

So I am considering few options and thinking of going gynae or tcm, but not sure which one I should go first.. Should I go do fertility test first before tcm? Or should i just go tcm.. Need your advices ladies.. thank you <3

Amita,
you hormones are alright since you ovulate, can check your fallopic tubes, sperm hubby, if he is agree to do such test...

Hi everybody, I need your advice please.. i just got married on february this year and we want to conceive asap.. Been trying in the last three months and AF kept coming every month (crying everytime it shows up).. hehe

I tried using OPK and the smiley face kept flashing for few days and suddenly it's O.. but ill keep on trying to use OPK to see my ovulation..

I am currently 1 week late and did pregancy test this morning and came out negative.. :(

Many people told us to take it easy and not think about it too much.. but thinking that i am 31 yo and my husband is 36 yo, we want to check our condition on this early stage..

So I am considering few options and thinking of going gynae or tcm, but not sure which one I should go first.. Should I go do fertility test first before tcm? Or should i just go tcm.. Need your advices ladies.. thank you <3

actually after u detect smiley face, you can stop to test and just do the deed after 12 hours. i did not test again after detect the surge cos the egg will be released within the 36 hours after detect smiley face.

after trying about 1 year if no result , you can just refer to gynac for further check up or go to polyclinic to get referral to go KKH/NUH/SGH for further subsidies. you can tiao with tcm also if u trying at the same time.

Just the ovulation kit and its showed a faint line as below. Any idea is this consider positive?

80174623253224acddd6a37b3bd38232.jpg
the second line need to be darker if ovulation occur. from the picture look like ovulation going to occur soon. maybe u can test again tomorrow morning. anyway u can start to BD now.

Last edited:
Hi ladies, anyone of your ever had endometrial polyps removal in private hospital singapore? Can share ur experience and the bill cost?

Hi BonjourBaby, are u using the purple clearblue advance OTK? If it is, sounds like is different with mine. The paper guide says blinking smiley face is fertile day while smiley face is the most peak/fertile day (ovulation day). So once it is peak, we do not need to test it again the next day coz the smiley face will show for 48 hours (means egg has released during 48 hours) and I can't use it to test again. After that, the digital will shows O. This is what I tested too.

I'm using the purple one too.
But I have multiple sets of digital reader.
The first one peaks (smiley face for 3 days). I use 2nd one to continue test.

Yes. U seems stress every month, doing the routine. Relax and don't turn BD into a chore.

Get a fertility check up with your hubby, and review the results with your gynae.

TCM is supplemental treatment, if u going the Chinese physicians will also prefer to know your fertility results and common health symptoms, to customise your treatment.

Hi Amita
yea, I would say go for proper fertility check up in the hospitals.

You have only tried 3 months, give it another 6 months, since u are under 35, according to statistics average ppl take 9-12months to conceive. However, if u want to know early, then should check both u and yr husband. you could even be pregnant now, since yr period is late :)

I did TCM and Fertility check up concurrently, after didn't get pregnant 1 yr, but I didn't track anything, other than trying BD in the middle of the month. Anyhow, TCM appointment came first and the O&G check up was a few weeks later.

This TCM apparently helped many couples get pregnant , but the most useful thing I got from her was OPK test strips, which I never thot of trying. Gave me some pill form TCM meds, said my uterus was large !? and told us we shld go and get a check up at the hospital ...we were like huh ?

Back