TTC - Trying to Conceive 2017

OMG ... Good news mommies (cos we are pregnant, now or future )

Received text from standard chartered last night to inform
15% cashback on iHerb products when u buy via shopback link. normally 3%
https://www.shopback.sg/sc-promo

i thought this deal was over, couldn't find it last week and put thru my order :( its every Wednesdays, until 30Jun. so only today and next wed left.

your iHerb account and your shopback has to be the same email, registered via shopback.

on top of this, u get the normal 5% loyalty credit from iherb for yr next buy.

Last edited:

OMG ... Good news mommies (cos we are pregnant, now or future )

Received text from standard chartered last night to inform
15% cashback on iHerb products when u buy via shopback link. normally 3%
https://www.shopback.sg/sc-promo

i thought this deal was over, couldn't find it last week and put thru my order :( its every Wednesdays, until 30Jun. so only today and next wed left.

your iHerb account and your shopback has to be the same email, registered via shopback.

if u don't have shopback... my referral link below. many great deals for cashback and tie up with credit cards/ visa.
https://www.shopback.sg/referred-signup-bonus?raf=goSC7a

on top of this, u get the normal 5% loyalty credit from iherb for yr next buy.
I tried but 3-4 times didnt got my cashback from shopback from iherb. They investigating. It works for other shops but not for iherb! I bought 3-4 times none was captured thou i email then invoice and follow all instruction.

Hi all, need some advice. Went for scanning today (Cd12) after my 1st cycle of clomid. Gynae said my ovary is quite big n should be able to release the egg soon. Told me to go back n check my o kit, if there's no LH surge, I'll have to go back tml for a jab. Just tested and sadly no smiley face:(

Do you all this I should test again tonight or no surge means no surge?

Anyone hv taken the jab to induce ovulation? Isit painful? Is there any side effect?

Many thx.

Hi! i've been on Clomid for 4 cycles and Letrozole for 2 cycles. still not successful. Hubby asked to stop taking to let my body rest as i gained alot of weight after taking these pills. so now trying hard to lose weight and ttc naturally.

eating clomid and letrozole will gain weight?

CD 33 and my period is still not here yet.. should I eat medication to induce or wait? tested 2 days before... not preg.. and temp is low.. so I doubt... but my last few cycles I ate clomid my period is quite accurate...

i think because i only have some symptoms of PCOS yet nt remarkable. like 50% not and 50% yes. that's why i think gynae didnt give a definite 'yes' that i am PCOS. this also make me unsure of how i shld go abt it. is neither here or there.

Jiayou u can do it!

Hi may i know what is the blood test to do for Pcos? my doc also did not give a definite 'yes', just highly suspected to have Pcos. She asked me to do progesterone test on D21 to confirm ...

Hi may i know what is the blood test to do for Pcos? my doc also did not give a definite 'yes', just highly suspected to have Pcos. She asked me to do progesterone test on D21 to confirm ...
For mine, there was alot of small bubbles liked cysts from the scanning.

the blood test is to test my hormones and also progesterone. the other one i cant remember.

I tried but 3-4 times didnt got my cashback from shopback from iherb. They investigating. It works for other shops but not for iherb! I bought 3-4 times none was captured thou i email then invoice and follow all instruction.

is it cos u use gmail and then when u forward, the email gets cut off (truncated problem) and not all the details are there? i had tt issue, before... but looks like shopback doesnt need email to be forwarded anymore, not sure but no such instruction on the page to link to iHerb.

Tested use my clear blue digital ovulation kit this morning at 8plus am and finally saw a smiley face! But I goggled that 1st urine in the morning is not accurate. Is it true?

Tested use my clear blue digital ovulation kit this morning at 8plus am and finally saw a smiley face! But I goggled that 1st urine in the morning is not accurate. Is it true?

Clearblue can be tested anytime of the day. 1st urine not an issue

is it cos u use gmail and then when u forward, the email gets cut off (truncated problem) and not all the details are there? i had tt issue, before... but looks like shopback doesnt need email to be forwarded anymore, not sure but no such instruction on the page to link to iHerb.
How you over come that? Still need forwarding.

How you over come that? Still need forwarding.

oh will call them to check. so far, if any issue I'll write to them. they do reply, except my latest query. haven't heard from them. generally the usual 3% no issue, if short orders.

my AF came 3-4days late, no BFP
I have been having the most excruciating menses last 2 days, today can still feel abit. On the first day, at dinner felt weird, almost fainted, my vision blurred. happened maybe one other time when I felt dizzy. anyone feel faint during period?

so sad .. like effort wasted, all the healthy eating, acupuncture, TCM and supplements , not healing. few months back I was taking Vitex, seemed to help abit but I stopped since I ran out.

oh will call them to check. so far, if any issue I'll write to them. they do reply, except my latest query. haven't heard from them. generally the usual 3% no issue, if short orders.

my AF came 3-4days late, no BFP
I have been having the most excruciating menses last 2 days, today can still feel abit. On the first day, at dinner felt weird, almost fainted, my vision blurred. happened maybe one other time when I felt dizzy. anyone feel faint during period?

so sad .. like effort wasted, all the healthy eating, acupuncture, TCM and supplements , not healing. few months back I was taking Vitex, seemed to help abit but I stopped since I ran out.
I email them but they only say investigating, till now no cash back. First order in last nov i gave up. Just use iherb 5% discount code and 5% credits. Usually my order not long too. 3 or 4 items.

Hugs. Are you seeing tcm? Maybe you can ask him / her why like this. Dizzy spell can be low blood or low sugar. Or lose too much blood during menses can take some iron pills too.

How long you been eating heathy? I know a lady did it for 1 yrs plus with tcm to tiao body and bfp on her first ivf cycle. Yr effort not wasted and it is for a healthier you. Jiayou.

I email them but they only say investigating, till now no cash back. First order in last nov i gave up. Just use iherb 5% discount code and 5% credits. Usually my order not long too. 3 or 4 items.

Hugs. Are you seeing tcm? Maybe you can ask him / her why like this. Dizzy spell can be low blood or low sugar. Or lose too much blood during menses can take some iron pills too.

How long you been eating heathy? I know a lady did it for 1 yrs plus with tcm to tiao body and bfp on her first ivf cycle. Yr effort not wasted and it is for a healthier you. Jiayou.

hi daledale
u are right. thanks for the encouragement.
i am taking iron supplement, and doing acupuncture.

will see my gynea soon, hope it is not endometriosis.

was it in the ovary or uterus?
Hmm.. i cant rmb if she mentioned on that. Only heard my gynae said there r many v small bubbles liked cysts when shes doing transvaginal scan.. from the screen I saw lots of small white bubbles but cant tell if its the ovary or uterus.

Hmm.. i cant rmb if she mentioned on that. Only heard my gynae said there r many v small bubbles liked cysts when shes doing transvaginal scan.. from the screen I saw lots of small white bubbles but cant tell if its the ovary or uterus.
Oic, i also did the transvaginal scan & saw a lot of black dots (follicles), but the 1st gynae said everything is normal.
2nd gynae suspected Pcos, so im going for my progesterone blood test soon. Might as well as them to test Fsh / LH/ prolactin the whole package to confirm everything

Oic, i also did the transvaginal scan & saw a lot of black dots (follicles), but the 1st gynae said everything is normal.
2nd gynae suspected Pcos, so im going for my progesterone blood test soon. Might as well as them to test Fsh / LH/ prolactin the whole package to confirm everything
Ic, thats true. Just test and see how it goes. My gynae said for my condition, my body couldn't ovulate on its own thats why Im having difficulty conceiving ( cross fingers thats the only prob), so I was clomid to induce ovulation ( which it did) Now at TWW. Crossing fingers this will be the month!!

My menses has always been regular but I am three days late. I tested the kit but is a BFN. Did anyone start taking tcm and delay in menses cycle? I just started this month.

05c70074edf61421c469d74805964a55.jpg

Ovluation kit to bless 3 person
Am pregg now 24weeks+.
Please post name below & pm me yr mailing add
(Priority for first to post name below)

1. (20pcs) (zen) mailed
2. (20pcs) (grumpet) mailed
3. (19pcs) (name) mailed

CLOSED ALL TAKEN

Last edited:
May I check how long should we read the reading from the pregnancy test kit? It state 5 Mins after testing. It show one line but after 30 mins it show 2 lines. Which is accurate?

Ic, thats true. Just test and see how it goes. My gynae said for my condition, my body couldn't ovulate on its own thats why Im having difficulty conceiving ( cross fingers thats the only prob), so I was clomid to induce ovulation ( which it did) Now at TWW. Crossing fingers this will be the month!!

Same problem same as ! Not ovulate on its own even though we had AF on regular basis

All the best

test again ! might be preg !

I do not dare to pin high hope as I have endomentrosis and this will make it harder to conceive. But I do not have any early sign of pregnancy like headache. Only bloaty and cramp which are like menses cramp.

Anyone who have endomentrosis and able to conceive naturally? Really hope to hear from you to boost my confident.

I do not dare to pin high hope as I have endomentrosis and this will make it harder to conceive. But I do not have any early sign of pregnancy like headache. Only bloaty and cramp which are like menses cramp.

Anyone who have endomentrosis and able to conceive naturally? Really hope to hear from you to boost my confident.

u never know.. endomentrosis mean urs menses will be painful? miracle do happen..

I'm new here but thot I'll share 2 points :-

1. For those who hope for a child, don't give up. I had mine mid-forty & turn out well. He's very healthy (breastfed) and learn things very fast (read to him as baby till he read stories back to me at K2).

Tips : Eat healthily- lots of veg, fruits & white meat). Sleep early, raise early.

2. We previously thot married late must try the best doc. Was referred by this TCM @ Jurong East to pte doc, Dr C Chen at Gleneagles then. TCM said we both need help & straight away hand a name card fr her drawer for CChen. At Gleneagles, CChen said both hubby & I got endometriosis & blocked testes or sth & medical counselor indicated costs of "operation"! Then we went to KKH & found not such serious problem.

Heard fr KKH nurse that this pte doc always partner with TCM lady @ J East & caused many to part with tens of thousands $, some selling homes just to hv IVF.

Latest I heard this pte doc had a stroke!

Be very discerning & check for 2nd opinions. KKH hv some of the best obstetricians & gynecologists. I met mine at KKH & consulted thereafter at his pte clinic. Not expensive but in the end he helped me with natural birth. I'm grateful & thankful.

All the best to you lovely young mummies-to-be. Your hearts will be blessed as you journey to raise young cuties!

my doc said if lack of ovulation means ovarian reserve usually high. so the only issue is to get it to ovulate consistently every mth.
Hope we all get lucky soon :)

my doc said if lack of ovulation means ovarian reserve usually high. so the only issue is to get it to ovulate consistently every mth.
Hope we all get lucky soon :)
Really? Sounds good!:) how many dpo are you currently now?

1. For those who hope for a child, don't give up. I had mine mid-forty & turn out well. He's very healthy (breastfed) and learn things very fast (read to him as baby till he read stories back to me at K2).

Tips : Eat healthily- lots of veg, fruits & white meat). Sleep early, raise early.

2. We previously thot married late must try the best doc. Was referred by this TCM @ Jurong East to pte doc, Dr C Chen at Gleneagles then. TCM said we both need help & straight away hand a name card fr her drawer for CChen. At Gleneagles, CChen said both hubby & I got endometriosis & blocked testes or sth & medical counselor indicated costs of "operation"! Then we went to KKH & found not such serious problem.

Heard fr KKH nurse that this pte doc always partner with TCM lady @ J East & caused many to part with tens of thousands $, some selling homes just to hv IVF.

Be very discerning & check for 2nd opinions. KKH hv some of the best obstetricians & gynecologists. I met mine at KKH & consulted thereafter at his pte clinic. Not expensive but in the end he helped me with natural birth. I'm grateful & thankful.

All the best to you lovely young mummies-to-be. Your hearts will be blessed as you journey to raise young cuties!

Hi hi,
completely agree, shld always get 2nd , esp if serious.
i know which tcm cos I went there too, when we first started TTC. my colleague said she knew 7 couples who got pregnant after seeing her so strongly recommended I see her, which i doubt after my encounter. Prob luck or they did other stuff to help their fertility.

Most useful thing i got from that visit was opk strips which i wasnt using back then. 2 yrs ago. She said my hubby was prob ok (asked if he had mumps when young) and my uterus is big ... need to go checkup at the hospital and gave that Dr Chen's name. I told her I was planning to go NUH already. she threw a few names at NUH, mentioned glenneagle doc again. i took some of her meds 2 weeks prob, but there was no instruction to go back, never did.

Her clinic used to hve long queues early morning, now i hardly see any outside.

their opk instruction is strange too. before ovulation try every other day, after O ... must do 4 days consecutively... har?! the egg already disintegrated by then.

Last edited:
Bluff. IVF chances are not very high. 7 couples not possible & fr one TCM even less. I vaguely rmbr one good hearted lecturer at NTU but lost the contact. Will ask my frd. But don't go to the one in Jurong East. She's paid by Dr C Chen to refer all patients to him to fleece. He knows Spore couples will do all to conceive. Try go check with Dr Yap Lip Kee or Dr Anne Tan. I think they're both at Mt Elizabeth. They were Visiting Consultants @ KKH when I seek help & then I went pte the moment I conceive. Just psychologically wanted everything smooth altho cld hv done birthing at KKH.

Try Dr Eunice Chua fr Thomson Hospital. She's good too.

Let me know how else I can help.

Went to Dr Yap & his charges were so reasonable. He never recommend anything extra. We new mums hv funny anxieties bcoz right after I came to know Dr Eunice Chua, I thot maybe go to female more comfortable to my mind. She was very ethical & adviced me to stick to Dr Yap & I'm in good hands. She didn't grab the chances to fleece me or anything. Dr Anne Tan did my amino tests coz Dr Yap was in China doing teaching then.

Bluff. IVF chances are not very high. 7 couples not possible & fr one TCM even less. I vaguely rmbr one good hearted lecturer at NTU but lost the contact. Will ask my frd. But don't go to the one in Jurong East. She's paid by Dr C Chen to refer all patients to him to fleece. He knows Spore couples will do all to conceive. Try go check with Dr Yap Lip Kee or Dr Anne Tan. I think they're both at Mt Elizabeth. They were Visiting Consultants @ KKH when I seek help & then I went pte the moment I conceive. Just psychologically wanted everything smooth altho cld hv done birthing at KKH.

Try Dr Eunice Chua fr Thomson Hospital. She's good too.

Let me know how else I can help.

dont think my colleague was bluffing. but may not know full details what each couple did to ttc.

i'm not looking for obgyn, or tcm. thanks for the suggestion.
the one at ntu is Dr Tan SB?

im seeing docs in NUH and SGH.

Oh, I don't mean yr colleague bluff. Apologies. The TCM lady may hv made claims tt we were not wise to catch her in. Initially we believed her & went str to Dr Chen. After spending some precious time, flights (we were overseas) then & consultation fees, we checked around & found not necessary.

I have endomentrosis. Would like to know which doc u visited solve the issues? Did u go for ops?

I went to Dr Tham Kok Fun for endometriosis. He's the expert also for cervical cancer. He's very good & very kind & unassuming. Wife used to be nurse @ NUH. He left no scars. Everything done very discretely and neatly. He's now with Gleneagles.

Actually, endometriosis can do D&C with any doc in any hospital- govt or pte. It's a very simple issue of clearing our dried up or overflow menses that was left behind. Overtime, it accumulated & can be toxic to our bodies.

After I cleared it, my colleagues all went for check ups & some found fibroids & polyps.

Especially newly weds & couples hoping to conceive, good to check & clear, owise our eggs will never get attached to uterus for embryo to develop.

I went to Dr Tham Kok Fun for endometriosis. He's the expert also for cervical cancer. He's very good & very kind & unassuming. Wife used to be nurse @ NUH. He left no scars. Everything done very discretely and neatly. He's now with Gleneagles.

Actually, endometriosis can do D&C with any doc in any hospital- govt or pte. It's a very simple issue of clearing our dried up or overflow menses that was left behind. Overtime, it accumulated & can be toxic to our bodies.

After I cleared it, my colleagues all went for check ups & some found fibroids & polyps.

Especially newly weds & couples hoping to conceive, good to check & clear, owise our eggs will never get attached to uterus for embryo to develop.

Thanks for your prompt reply. Actually I know I have fibroid and endo but the Doc said is still small to do any surgery. My menses have always been regular until this month. I am five day late. And I am so worry is it cos of the tcm I just started taking this month? And I tested the kit is negative. And I don't really have any pregnancy sign. I am not sure what to do. All I do is to wait for menses to come.

Don't worry don't be anxious. You can try these few doctors, they're very good. But just be aware that the more popular the doc, the longer waiting time.

Dr Yap Lip Kee
Dr Eunice Chua
Dr Anne Tan
Dr Tham Kok Fun

I believe all are good to handle endometriosis, fibroids or polyps. Just that with anything cancer related, Dr Tham had spotted mine early & I had remission for the last 10 years & even cleared to get covered for my insurance. Im particular abt full coverage since I had my baby so that I'm not burden nor give my kid burdens to my medical needs in future.

Back