Trying to conceive 2020

Hello. Anyone trying to conceive in 2020? Thought some support will be good. Loss my baby girl after 4.5 months in NICU due to prematurity last year. Second month trying and the negative line on the pregnancy kit is bringing my morale down. Period supposedly coming in few days time but hoping it doesn't. Currently no symptoms then feeling very bloated. *Pray*

Im sorry to hear about your baby. I wil be ttc but trying not to think about it as it makes me very very stressful. Keep ur hopes up! Gd news will come soon!

Sorry for your loss. :( I'm also trying to conceive in 2020, on IUI treatment currently. Also waiting for my period which should be coming this week! Feeling nervous & praying. Fighting!

Hi I am new here. Sorry for your loss. Don’t give up hope. I had an endometriosis op to clear my blocked ovaries in July 2018, and miscarried last year in Feb 2019 too. Been trying since 2018 till now but nth yet. Am still trying still. Let’s encourage one another.

Hi all, sorry for your loss :( i've also been ttc for 6 years now and started my ivf journey last year. going through my second cycle now, good luck everyone!

Hi all, I am ttc for 3 years+, going to 4 years already and go thru 3 IUI but still no good news, super sad. Every month also feel disappointed. I almost give up hope and now I try not to think so much. Hope my wish will come thru in 2020. Let's all jia you together.

Hi all, I am ttc for 3 years+, going to 4 years already and go thru 3 IUI but still no good news, super sad. Every month also feel disappointed. I almost give up hope and now I try not to think so much. Hope my wish will come thru in 2020. Let's all jia you together.

Ya it’s actually very disheartening to keep trying but nth at all. Affects mood aLot One.

Have you all seen fertility doctor or take any medication to help boost? Into my second month of trying and it is already making me so upset. Planning to get the tian yuan xiang chicken essence to try next. Husband and i just started taking coq10.

Yes I did and went to see 3 doc. The 1st one I see in yr 2017 and did some check up include hsg test to check whether tube got block or not and semen analysis, found out that my hb's sperm morphology was low. He took coq10 also. After 1 yr went for 2nd doc and try for 1st round of IUI, but I find the doc not really good and quite expensive so change to NUH Prof wong for 2nd and 3rd round of IUI on last yr. After failed 3 IUI I stop seeing doc coz I was tired of taking so many MC and leave, I also feel disappointed. So I am trying natural now, still thinking wanna go for ivf but my hb not ready for that.

The tian yuan xiang chicken essence I tried before for 5 mths, I find it no effect for me and it expensive so I stop. Currently I taking coq10, vit D, pre natal mult vit. My hb also got take some supplements.

Yes I took a lot of supplements already. I used to take blackmores conceive well gold which many said was effective but no effect for me. I took bee propolis because I googled and it’s supposed to help endometriosis as well. Tried for 2 years nth, then stopped and go and see TCM, but TCM I went 3 months only because the powder is really a pain to take. Been drinking red date tea like 3 times a week as well. Really is tried quite a few options already. All is $$, now I don’t want stress myself too much and just take folic acid. But gynae also got give me a supplement to boost egg quality and ovulation for 2 months for now.

wow. that's really alot of $$. I think the stress might play part. Just two month and i can already feel the stress i am putting on myself so i can't imagine how is it for the rest of you. Some say a holiday with bd will do the trick. because less stressful and different environment.

wow. that's really alot of $$. I think the stress might play part. Just two month and i can already feel the stress i am putting on myself so i can't imagine how is it for the rest of you. Some say a holiday with bd will do the trick. because less stressful and different environment.

HAHAHAHAHA holiday also tried le. I am just trying to see if the boost egg quality supplement works these few months, If not most prob considering IVF le. But I also worry. Cos I heard before some ppl canot conceive naturally but go IVF also canot keep baby.

Where do you recommend ? I’m considering also, googled about it but it stated it doesn’t help. Don’t know how true is that.
Can try search in this forum. There's a few recommendation
One of the popular choice is Baby Bliss Angelia

Hi Ladies,

Don't give up hope! I conceived my 1st baby after close to 10yrs of trying! Failed several ivf and even iui. Went for health check but we both no problem. Went TCM also and doesn't really work. After that I went into a 90 days program thing I googled online, and with the help of fertility massage, I managed to conceived!

Yes. Like JL8118 recommended, Angelia is one of them. But her schedule can be real hard to get sometimes, as she got a lot of business. If searched this forum, there are few others also. I have one recommended too, but well, is a guy though. So unless you are keen, you can pm me for the contact.

Hi Ladies,

Don't give up hope! I conceived my 1st baby after close to 10yrs of trying! Failed several ivf and even iui. Went for health check but we both no problem. Went TCM also and doesn't really work. After that I went into a 90 days program thing I googled online, and with the help of fertility massage, I managed to conceived!

Yes. Like JL8118 recommended, Angelia is one of them. But her schedule can be real hard to get sometimes, as she got a lot of business. If searched this forum, there are few others also. I have one recommended too, but well, is a guy though. So unless you are keen, you can pm me for the contact.
Hi KelGen, what is the 90 day program thing?

Jiayou everyone!
I’m also trying in 2020. I did IUI last year & lost the pregnancy at 6 weeks :( very sad.

Let us all have good news this year :) Have faith trust God.

I also wanna know wat is the 90 day program?

I also heard went holidays, BD then can conceive, I did try also but no use for me, i find holidays also tired and stress, not enough sleep when go holidays.

The fertility massage angelia I got message her before, ya her schedule really very tight and is not cheap.

@KelGen u manage to conceive with the help of fertility massage? Is with the guy one?

90 days program as below. Of course may or may not work

1) Healthy diet that is nutritionally balanced (ie: brocolli, berries, dark keaves vege, tumeric, salmon, ginger) Avoid food like: processed food, trans fats, soda, caffeine.

2) take prenatal multivitamin or antioxidant. Look for vitamins made from 100% whole food as opposed to synthetic multivitamins.

3) reduce stress. Taking walk and enjoy nature.. indulge in bubble bath...

4) improve blood flow n oxygenation.Drink at least 8 (8oz.) glasses of water everyday. Exercise regularly—walking, running, hiking, fertility yoga and so forth. Get fertility massage.

5) balance out your hormones. Eat fertility food like maca. Regular sex (also improve blood flow).

I also wanna know wat is the 90 day program?

I also heard went holidays, BD then can conceive, I did try also but no use for me, i find holidays also tired and stress, not enough sleep when go holidays.

The fertility massage angelia I got message her before, ya her schedule really very tight and is not che
@KelGen u manage to conceive with the help of fertility massage? Is with the guy one?

Yes. Angelia schedule very difficult to book.

Yes. The fertility massage is by a guy. But very professional and experience

90 days program as below. Of course may or may not work

1) Healthy diet that is nutritionally balanced (ie: brocolli, berries, dark keaves vege, tumeric, salmon, ginger) Avoid food like: processed food, trans fats, soda, caffeine.

2) take prenatal multivitamin or antioxidant. Look for vitamins made from 100% whole food as opposed to synthetic multivitamins.

3) reduce stress. Taking walk and enjoy nature.. indulge in bubble bath...

4) improve blood flow n oxygenation.Drink at least 8 (8oz.) glasses of water everyday. Exercise regularly—walking, running, hiking, fertility yoga and so forth. Get fertility massage.

5) balance out your hormones. Eat fertility food like maca. Regular sex (also improve blood flow).

During this 90 days programme, did your husband do it as well? Or was in on any special diet or others?

Yes I did and went to see 3 doc. The 1st one I see in yr 2017 and did some check up include hsg test to check whether tube got block or not and semen analysis, found out that my hb's sperm morphology was low. He took coq10 also. After 1 yr went for 2nd doc and try for 1st round of IUI, but I find the doc not really good and quite expensive so change to NUH Prof wong for 2nd and 3rd round of IUI on last yr. After failed 3 IUI I stop seeing doc coz I was tired of taking so many MC and leave, I also feel disappointed. So I am trying natural now, still thinking wanna go for ivf but my hb not ready for that.

The tian yuan xiang chicken essence I tried before for 5 mths, I find it no effect for me and it expensive so I stop. Currently I taking coq10, vit D, pre natal mult vit. My hb also got take some supplements.

If u have tried for so long it’s time to think ivf. Try to persuade your hubby. If he is open to iui then what’s holding him back for ivf. It’s not as invasive and scary as ppl think. Given the Govt subsidy n grant the cost of doing it is Low. Time wait for no one. The longer u drag the lower your egg reserves. Quality also drop with age.

There are many reasons why natural fertility n iui fail. It could be egg shell hard n need assisted hatching or it could be sperm not strong enough to do natural fertilisation n need help of ICSI. Also there are also other factors like thyroid levels n whether u have antibody that reject embryos. All these u will never know unless u do ivf n find out the cause of it.

I regretted not seeking help earlier n even though I did succeed in the end but not without lots of tears n heartache with every ivf cycles.

Amanda,
Sorry to hear about your losses and I feel for u as I also lost a gal after 5 months in n out of hospital.

i did try something similar to KelGen prog and subsequently managed to get a healthy child. Don’t give up hope n Jia you . Also to add on that, no cold drinks or cold food as instructed by my doc. I also taken some Bai Fong Wan to regulate my body.

In case interested, I got some conceive gold and Eu Yan Sang’s Bak Foong Wan to let go cheaply as I overstock n near expiry. PM me if interested

Amanda,
Sorry to hear about your losses and I feel for u as I also lost a gal after 5 months in n out of hospital.

i did try something similar to KelGen prog and subsequently managed to get a healthy child. Don’t give up hope n Jia you . Also to add on that, no cold drinks or cold food as instructed by my doc. I also taken some Bai Fong Wan to regulate my body.

In case interested, I got some conceive gold and Eu Yan Sang’s Bak Foong Wan to let go cheaply as I overstock n near expiry. PM me if interested
Thank you for the offer. I’m currently taking other supplements as well and about to start on Tian Yuan Xiang so will give those a missed.
May I know how Long after did you became pregnant again?

I m quite lucky that I got pregnant about half a year later during a vacation. Main thing is to prep your body, overcome the grief , don’t stress and hub over what has passsed. Take very good care of yourself . Good luck.

I m quite lucky that I got pregnant about half a year later during a vacation. Main thing is to prep your body, overcome the grief , don’t stress and hub over what has passsed. Take very good care of yourself . Good luck.
Thank you very much. Hoping for the best!

Hi all! Happy CNY!

I just started TTC last year. Just went for fertility check at KK November last year as wanted to try IVF since I’m turning 40 this year. I have 2 issues. I am not ovulating every month and the other issue which is polyp thus need to remove before I can proceed further.

Doc proposed SO-IUI instead of IVF as me and husband don’t have major issue but I’m considering as I’m 40 in few months time and wish to utilise government co-funding for the first time hence looking at IVF. Have scheduled polyp removal in late March so 3 weeks later need to see doc again to confirm all clear before starting IVF. Not sure if I’m in time for IVF before mid June which is my birthday. :(

I do have some questions below hope you guys can give some valuable info or advice. Thank you :)

SO-IUI also can qualify for government co-funding right? I hope to start one cycle now before I hit 40 to be eligible for subsequent government subsidies after 40 if trying IVF later.

Should I start with SO-IUI or straight to IVF given my age? SO-IUI seems more simpler and less invasive. My egg reserve is ok but I’m not sure about the quality.

HI everyone! I have been lurking in this forum for months now before I decided to sign up. I'm 33 this year and also currently TTC for 2 years now, since we got married. But no luck, ... we went for a check with Dr Sheila at Raffles in Aug 2018. All came back alright and told us we can still try natural and if still no good news, come back for more further assessments. She told me about this dye check but I wasn't ready for that because I thought it was quite invasive.

So we've been trying ever since and it has gotten quite tiring and emotional for me, to see my period coming every month. Twice it has come late, and naturally I had my hopes up, but no. It's like my body is playing tricks on me and it got me so frustrated at myself. I now stress is one cause for late cycles, and even from trying to conceive, so I've been trying to take it day by day.

Now we are going through another round of checks and we decided to go through the subsidy route in KKH. Just had our 1st appointment last Monday and since our last check was over a year ago, they want to do the checks with us again, and a more detailed one too, before we find out what we can do next. I had my blood taken and hubby will go for his semen test soon.

My next test is the HyFoSy. I read somewhere in here that it costs $500++?? Really? :eek: Can anyone confirm that? And if it's true, can I use Medisave for it?

HI everyone! I have been lurking in this forum for months now before I decided to sign up. I'm 33 this year and also currently TTC for 2 years now, since we got married. But no luck, ... we went for a check with Dr Sheila at Raffles in Aug 2018. All came back alright and told us we can still try natural and if still no good news, come back for more further assessments. She told me about this dye check but I wasn't ready for that because I thought it was quite invasive.

So we've been trying ever since and it has gotten quite tiring and emotional for me, to see my period coming every month. Twice it has come late, and naturally I had my hopes up, but no. It's like my body is playing tricks on me and it got me so frustrated at myself. I now stress is one cause for late cycles, and even from trying to conceive, so I've been trying to take it day by day.

Now we are going through another round of checks and we decided to go through the subsidy route in KKH. Just had our 1st appointment last Monday and since our last check was over a year ago, they want to do the checks with us again, and a more detailed one too, before we find out what we can do next. I had my blood taken and hubby will go for his semen test soon.

My next test is the HyFoSy. I read somewhere in here that it costs $500++?? Really? :eek: Can anyone confirm that? And if it's true, can I use Medisave for it?

I did mine last week for hsg. I’m using Medisave so about $200 to be deducted that’s about it.

Hi all! Happy CNY!

I just started TTC last year. Just went for fertility check at KK November last year as wanted to try IVF since I’m turning 40 this year. I have 2 issues. I am not ovulating every month and the other issue which is polyp thus need to remove before I can proceed further.

Doc proposed SO-IUI instead of IVF as me and husband don’t have major issue but I’m considering as I’m 40 in few months time and wish to utilise government co-funding for the first time hence looking at IVF. Have scheduled polyp removal in late March so 3 weeks later need to see doc again to confirm all clear before starting IVF. Not sure if I’m in time for IVF before mid June which is my birthday. :(

I do have some questions below hope you guys can give some valuable info or advice. Thank you :)

SO-IUI also can qualify for government co-funding right? I hope to start one cycle now before I hit 40 to be eligible for subsequent government subsidies after 40 if trying IVF later.

Should I start with SO-IUI or straight to IVF given my age? SO-IUI seems more simpler and less invasive. My egg reserve is ok but I’m not sure about the quality.
If I'm you , I will straight go IVF. I'm now in 3rd SO-IUI, if failed this time round, I will consider IVF already. Every month feeling disappointed and lost hope liao...

Hello everyone, I am new to this forum and started to TTC since last August. My husband and I went to Dr Caroline Khi from ACJ Clinic for our fertility checkup (sperm count and blood test) previously. All seems okay, except that I have cyst and fibroids (which Dr Khi says just monitor). So we were advised to try naturally for at least 6 months before we follow up with the doctor.

I am turning 34 this year and even though I have very regular menstrual cycle, it seems so so difficult to conceive. Whenever AF appears every month, I will be super down for a few days.

TBH, we haven’t been trying at all till a few months back so I am considered a newbie as compared to some ladies. These few months, it has been interesting discovery of my body and understanding how fertility works. Not shameless to share some lessons I have learnt.

I have always been counting my menstrual cycle wrongly. Apparently from what I read, day 1 of the menstrual cycle is the first day of full flow (spotting doesn't count). I probably failed Biology badly when I was schooling and had too much confidence in my Math. It took me some time to get it right so I thought to just share it here in case anyone is as confused as I am.

We have used 3 rounds of Clear Blue OPK. The first time round, I didn’t get any smiley face at all. I was so worried that I don’t ovulate, and I went back regularly to the gynae to make sure my follicles grow. Second lesson for me is, even though mensus happens, it doesn’t mean ovulation happens. And third lesson for me is, ovulation doesn’t happen at 14 days. I have a shorter menstrual cycle (26 days), so by right my ovulation will happen on day 13. But by left, it always happen on day 16. Hence I didn’t get any smiley face the first time I used OPK because the 10 sticks didn’t last me till day 16 Haha. But for the past two months, I finally got it right. At this stage of mine, seeing the smiley face feels like I strike a lottery.

That is all for me and the stupid mistakes I have made so far. Sorry for being so Long-winded. Hope it brings some laughter or shed some light with everyone. I haven’t succeed yet and hope I get some good news soon. I have been taking folic acid and drinking Yomeishu every night. I also cut down on coffee and cold drinks. I did enquire about Angelia’s fertility massage, it is quite pricey for me and there is a need for weekly commitment for 6 months. We thought of trying it naturally first before going to her. I also went to did a trial on Joyre fertility massage, not sure if it works but it did help in my bowl movement.

Baby dust to all!

Back