TOA PAYOH mummies

hey,stylobb,Dor
My boy wake up midnite i also thk is habit!he can cry vy loud for that!and gv milk,then he can finihs it vy soon,so me and hubby was wonder,he so hungry meh?we feed him milk at nite 9pm plus,then he go bed abt 10pm,but he won immediately zz one,must mk abit noise,let us hug him awhile,play awhile,then only will guai guai lye down bed,then start taking to himself,till he tired,then close eyes zz,by then abt nearly11pm liao!then abt 1 or 2am will awake again one!!i hv no idea how to change his habit!

Jfoo,u said let him scream and cry,ut i just scare neightbour wil complaint me!coz his voice really loud,if they don know tot im torture him ah!I did gv him full bottle milk le!so sure he is full b4 go bed de!
Thk my hb also cant bear to listen him cry and ignore him!he is the 1st one always go comfort him zz de!i so tired le!!

BBGenius,he actually vy tired liao,can tell from his eye like garfield liao,half open only,but just refuse go bed with peach,sure wan make noise one!!I tried let him don zz much at day time,but still...

Precious,so u wake up 2 times,rotate with hubby?else vy tired lo,like me somemroe both of us need to work next working day le!haiz....

Sometime,sat,sun, day time he also don wan zz,then bring him out shopping,also make noise cozhe obviously is tire lo,but just refuse zz!

I need help!!until 2 yr like babygenuis girl?i will mad by then le!!
My coll said 16mths shd be ok,quite easy to tk care le,but is NOT for my boy le!!

Newmummy, whether you train now or later, the screaming and crying will come in sooner or later. The longer you drag, the longer you and your hubby will have to "suffer". Just bear it for a week and you should get some, if not the full results. Sleeping (and all else) is a matter of discipline. I'm the type who will strongly believe in discipline. There are things which I can give a freedom of choice but some things must instill early so that at a later stage, not so difficult for the parents.

Primary school reg - all those who are interested in entering the school, regardless of distance will register. Pei Chun actually informs those who are not within 1km not to bother IF they already have those staying within 1km taking up all the spaces available. Last year, there were about 120 applicants (ALL within 1km) balloting for 60+ places.

Dor
How tall is C? The outdoor theme park is limited to min height of 107cm for those more adventurous rides. My boy is standing 76cm, hence he enjoyed so much for those family rides. Other rides, with min 122cm, my girl were not allowed to ride and she got so disappointed that she cried a couple of times.

Precious,
i yet to tk her actual ht reading but i believe she passed 100cm liao gotta pay for mrt or bus ride heehee!
O dear Sha mus had felt very disappointed but i guess she forgot the incident soon, due to other distraction.

Here are the details of the playgroup advertised outside the TPY mrt.

THE LEARNING CIRCLE @ Kent Ridge Tutor

Mon-Fri, 2h session (timing not stated on poster)
12-18mth (Wriggly playhour)
18-24mth (pitter patter)
2-4yr Tippity playhour)
4-6yr (Stomp playhour)

Activities:
- Music
- Movement
- Games
- Exploration
- Communication Craft

Focus:
- Children think, feel, and react to their surroundings
- Provide a child with info to think and wonder
- Watch their minds grow and their vision sharpen
- Watch them make exciting discoveries with the entire class participating
- Interest remains high and minds stay focused to experiences

Hotline: 62500444
Consultation: 96733744
Add: HDB Hub #04-43

If any mummy happen to call, can share the price, class size, etc?

I called Kent Ridge tutor some 3 months ago but they only running the 3-4 years class as the rest of the age group did not have enough children to start class.
Thanks thanks!

newmummy, i train enyu to stop waking up for milk at 5mths old, basically i just give water, my hubby gives so she wont expect me to latch her. only when she is not well, i know she not drinking or eating well enough in the day then i give milk.

BTW anyone can recommend me what high chair to buy ar? She is sitting ok liao, tot of get her to use to sit high chair.

Hey Sunny,replied ur email.thx for the kind adv~!
Jfoo,i don thk i able to make it!ya,he shouted,scream,tillwe unable to bear with it!few time,i insist,but hubby cant tahan!we also quarrel for this few times already!haiz...
Precious,tats is vy little zz for only 5/6 hrs zz!but u not working rite?me so tired wen go work on the next working day!
Ivy,so good!thk ur bb girl vy guai,butnot my boy!haiz...i thk still hv to struggle for few more mths ba!!

Newmummy, if you guys end up quarreling then no point. Guess you and your husband will have to bear with this until your son himself decides to kick off this habit. For me, I definitely can't take it for so long, so I do it the "cruel" way right at the start.

Ivy, you can try local brand Lucky Baby.

ya!truly understand Precious!one i already wan faint!
Jfoo,ya lo!but some time really pek chek,so definately will a abit quarrel on it lo!haiz...hope he faster grow up and we will more easy to tk care le...

newmummy08
My girl is coming 22 mths. I been having this sleep problem with her for the past few months also. Basically, it's coz of different caregivers who put her to sleep. Used to be only me every night. But as I am pregnant now, so MIL and helper will help to put her to sleep. Plus I think my girl has also "grown up", become a naughty and active toddler now that her motor skills are better, she wants to climb out of cot, wants to walk ard in the room (in the dark). We put her to bed at 9.30am, she will sleep only close to 11pm. Has been like that every night for past few months. Sigh. Yes, it's tiring to put her to sleep. What we try to do now is to tire her out. After her afternoon nap, bring her outdoor, let her run and climb, exhaust her. She will take a shorter time to fall asleep (45min? to me, v good alr). My frens all told me it's a passing phase and there will be a day when they will become sensible and sleep by themselves. I am still waiting for that day to come.

Agree with jfoo that we shld be strict. Sad to say, MIL does not buy this idea of letting the kids scream and cry, said will hv "wind". Then I will get nagged for the next 1 week.

Sigh. I always tell my frens, life was simpler without kids. Yes, kids bring us a lot of joy, but when in laws are involved with the taking care and there's conflicting views, we sometimes hv to give way to the elders. Hopefully, with my 2nd one due in nov, I wld really want to take charge of the "training".

Surf!1st of all,congrate2u!but i thk i dare not hvsecond kid so soon!let me "used"to my1st son 1st!haiz!
I hv a totally same feeling with u!now i know not only me facing such prob with my son!
Well,u atleast gt helper, MIL help up,me alone le!day time is tk care by nanny,so they way she tk care n myself is diff,so i do agreed diff caregiver will make diff!
My son also will drag on his bed near 11pm,since near 10pm put him on bed!i also hope that is a passing phase and there will be a day when they will become sensible. Im also waiting for that day to come fast fast!!
Lets pray for it ba Surf!

surf,
congrats to you. i'm also expecting #2 and also due in nov. agree that it's not easy when an in-law is helping to take care and who also gets involved in the way you raise your kids. can be frustrating.

Ivy,
I got my high Chair when my baby was about 7 mths. It's called Bloom Nano from Mothercare. Though it's quite ex but then it's very comfortable and my gal can sit in it for 1-2 hours while I do my chores in the kitchen. Especially I have no helper, I found my high chair a great investment. Saved me a lot of stress n time.. Comfort is an important factor.

Surf n newmummy,

i also have this issue with my boi. tuck him to bed at 8pm then he will play n struggle,walk up n down n the roll here n there till almost 10-1030pm then zz.. haiz. so tiring..

congrats Surf. when u due?

hey Gal.dolphin,
u so early put him on bed at 8pm and stuggle till 10pm+?wow!ur son nvr make noise ah?if my boy, he sure scream and shout le!!

newmummy,
just ignore lor..
he gt cry n make noise.. dun care..
last time when i put him to zz this timing he zz ard 8+pm.. then slowly change to 9+ then now 10+! faintz! sometimes can even extend till 12am!!!

wah....gal.dolphin, ur son make noice non stop u also don bother?then ur hubby le?
Btw,y not u just let him play in his room,rather then put him inside bb cot do nothg and keep on shout and scream?

Morning mummies
Anyone have part time helper/cleaner to recommend? Appreciate any referrals. Mine has just decided that it's too far to travel to my place and quit. To work either on weekday evenings or Sunday early afternoon.
Thank you.

Dor, ikea one got no tray right?

Jfoo, i go check it out but is it comfortable?

Orangymum, ya i wanted to get that but expensive, so dunno worth it or not. The tray height is good? Can sit till how old? Mums& babes selling 200 plus i think, i tot if really comfy and can sit till toddler, maybe good investment :p

Hi Jfoo,
I forgot to tongpang you to buy the Aquafresh toothpaste for me when u went UK earlier this year
sad.gif
Ryan got used to that tube u got for him last time now he refuse to use any other brands that has fruity taste! Did you stock up on that, any to spare me just one tube please?

Ivy, if your kid like mine (i.e. cannot sit still, likes to climb everywhere) maybe you try looking for the old fashion rattan "baby" chair... my little monkey was given a lovely high chair for her 1st birthday. But she refused to sit in it for too long. Maybe with all the padding, it was too hot if no aircon, or probably she just doesn't like to sit. But she would wiggle out of the 5 point harness and keep standing up and even trying to "step out"! We gave up on the high chair after a while and went back to the old fashion rattan one. Nowadays, she quite happily climbs into the rattan chair herself when it's "makan" time, and then out again by herself when mealtime ends.

Welcome Sunny.
Btw Mummies, any idea the polyclinic at TPY got japs for Pneumococcal vaccinations? Any idea how much there charge?how abt private clinic?
My boy now 16+mths, when is the suitable age for him to tk the japs?
I also wan to gv him jap for chicken pox, so which one i shall gv priority 1st?

Experience mommy, can i also ask, my girl turning 8mths old, how early do i have to book her 1 yr old cake / venue?

newmummy08,
polyclinic at TPY got japs for Pneumococcal vaccinations! cost is $160/ dose. pte pd am not too sure already. can use medisave up to max of 300/yr

ivy... my ger used the lucky baby high chair till she outgrew it @ ard 5YO. we like this particular model cos the seat is big (ah ger fat bum bum ma), but the cushion is nice and comfy, rubber cover oso easy to clean & not as hot as cloth, cos my ger sweat a lot. my niece also uses the same, and she cant climb out once the tray is put on, so tat keeps her in till end of meal. i like the big tray also, i used to put lots of toys there to entertain ah ger.

this is the model. http://cgi.ebay.com.sg/BN-Lucky-Baby-Deluxe-High-Chair-/190425409703?cmd=ViewItem&pt=LH_DefaultDomain_216&hash=item2c563d28a7#ht_1060wt_911

think so far AMK NTUC seems to sell the cheapest, think cheaper than kiddy palace.

for bdae, if the venue is a popular one (like those kids playground type or come condo function room) better to book once you confirm date, esp if weekend. cake abt 1mth in advance is gd enuff, unless you buy from those make from hm, then gotta book their slot in advance. i read a lady was booked 3 mths in advance cos her cupcakes are really popular. is B feeling better?

Are, B is feeling better, and very cheeky now, loves to play, that time sick also wanna play haha. Terence aunty wanna buy her the high chair for her 1 yr old birthday, she ask terence to get the nano one, so im still not sure what to get. Will go see the lucky baby one tomolo at KP.

Hey Jasmine for the info.So wen is the required age for bb to tk this japs?my boy now 16mths plus, but i plan to let him tk japs fro chicken pox 1st le!is chicken pox can aslo tk at polyclinic and claim from medisave le?

newmummy
I was advised to let my boy take his chicken pox jab after he turns 1 yr old. i'm bringing him soon :)
Now his doc is at Lor 8, Faith Clinic

ivy,
ikea bby highchair comes wif tray it sell separately.

the bby rattan chair is good but out grown v fast. it comes wif a mini tray table.

1yo celebration venue depending on how popular the place is. for me i reckon to have a simple one since your gal is just 1yo. wait till she turns 2-3yo tat's the time the kid really know wat is going on and starts to enjoy the company (children ard her age). ordering of cakes 1 or 2 wks in advance from cake shop shld be sufficient.

Dor, ya lor usually 1 yr old im sure she blur blur haha. I tot of booking hotel at sentosa! So me and hubby can test out let her stay in hotel in singapore 1st, then bring her overseas next time. Warm up lesson haha.

Anyone know any hotel that can have a poolside bbq? chalet i scare not as comfortable. (for me lah)

Hey Precious,thx for sharing.
Is faith clinic charge ex?i thk i may let my boy tk it within this few weeks ba...any idea Polyclinic hv this japs?can claim from medisave?

precious, ya lor i more of thinking a good place for me and my frens to go hahaha. But a cake is good lah, so take photo in future she can see.

precious,
wat is the blk of faith clinic? i'm trying to look for a GP who is good with kids around TPY.

my gal is down with high fever and cough since last night so brought her to see her usual PD but i find that dr heng is a bit overboard with her diagnosis. she did a test on my gal to see if she has any viruses like h1n1 and tested positive for something related to h1n1 so my gal was given tamiflu. and the test itself costs $80. my gal is also prescribed antibiotics and i was strongly adviced to nebulise her when i feel that her cough is not so serious, just give inhalor puff at most should be enough in my opinion. then next day gotta go back for review and maybe have to go for chest x-ray. just today the medical bill is already $307! my hb and i can't take the exorbitant medical bill liao.

Ivy,
Don't forget to take video clips too!

newmummy08
U may call Faith Clinic about the price.
Chicken pox, I don't think it can claim from medisave.

Precious, ya photos videos for memory is most impt. SHe grow so fast...

i just find out the IFC use suchi fillets or catfish fillets for the baby fish porridge... mmm.. am not sure whether to let my girl eat or not.

char... agree some PDs are overly cautious. my ger used to visit a PD, everytime cough give neb. then i stopped and returned to her docs in kk, they always give puff only. recently, she was wheezing when i brought her to GP, so she suggested i bring her in to kk A&E. even at A&E, they oni give puff, but crazy dosage of 10 puffs x 3 rounds. i asked why dun juz giv neb, but they say neb is for some special situations, and they dun giv unless puff doesnt work. weird, but since there are more than 20 kids who are given puff @ A&E, i suppose this is workable?? and neb is so ex! need to rent the machine somemore.

ivy... glad to hear B is well. erm... if someone giving pressie, maybe you get a "better" one if no budget so can last longer, as in till ger is much older, and also keep for #2??

Back