TOA PAYOH mummies

Hey,mummyof2boy,78b got childcare?u got the tel?Actually wats the diff with PAP and childcare?fee wise cheaper and programe same?

ya, i agreed that diapers will depends on each bb...but after all,still feel MP is the best ba~!:p

Hey mummyof2boys
Just remembered your boy also at the edufarm PG! My girl just started. Their PG is also called pre-nursery in their application form. Not surprised if they learnt similar things as it's the same level actually, just that we get headstart by being able to start them at 18m at Edufarm.

Actually, if I dun enrol her for pre-nursery at TPMC kindy come Jan, she can still stay put at the edufarm PG till end of next year, and then go into Nursery instead in 2012. But at kindy, they get to learn Chinese as well coz got a chinese teacher. So it depends on what you want to expose your boy to at this stage? You met the principal? Which month is your boy born in 2008?

After no luck with CC centres at TPY, we hv decided on a Kindy. If Kindy, we prefer a church environment, hence there's only TPMC, marymount and Ascension nearby.

Re: diapers
Just bought pet pet yest at Fairprice. Still thinking abt the pants. Offer till 21 Jul. Hehe.

Hey Surt, wer is edufarm PG?TPMC kindy leh?got tel?don know still got vacancy,else might let my boy put his name under waiting list ba..

hey mummies using ergo. can chk with you the difference between the normal and the sports version? the sports version supposed to be cooler, but think the material is rougher? anyone tried both before or bot sports version?

are,

146A is the carpark. there is a big open area on both side. the side they want to built on is the BLK 147. they put a lot of flyers on the walls around the area. they building up the park behind the CC also. going to be fun for the kids.

newmummy08
PG = playgroup. Something like pre-nursery. For kids btw 18m/24m to 36m before they go into Nursery proper the following year. They do not hv Nursery, K1 and K2 level. After they finished the PG/pre-nusery, you still hv to find a proper kindy for them. But for your case, if you are finding a CC centre, the ctr will hv all levels usually.

Oh yes, Blk 146A will hv a new CC opening up under PCF. Think it's called Sparkletots. I put my name down few mths back!!!! :p KS mum right? The fees quite cheap, half day about $200+ if I am not wrong. That was before I realise TPMC has a kindy. Go chk it out if you keen. Can't remember the tel. But their banner is at the MRT underpass there, opposite TPMC.

are
I hv a bjorn. Is that the same as ergo. Also hv sports version. I bought the sports version. $200 plus and we used a short while only coz find it too heavy to carry my gal in it alr. Yes, it's cooler as it's made of mesh material. Quite soft the material.

are,
the 147 one is new one. Terence also ask me whether to shit enyu aka bella there. but i see how lah, she use to the first skool pple liao leh.

hey surf,thx for the explanation~!i tot PG is only for thos few hours program only..:p

I more prefer cc with all level typr, then can enroll directly...:p
but now all cc full le!sad...
sad.gif

hopefully can get for him one suitable one b4 he turn 2 yo...

So the new one blk 147,will intake new comer?any tel offhand u gals hv?then may call to ask details...

hi,

i've also been using ergo for a while. In fact my 2nd boy was so heavy, i put him in ergo(without the infant insert) from 2mth. cannot leave home without it.

Newmummy08
PG is only 2 hours usually. The new CC centre at Blk 146A will open in Sep when I last called them. Go see the banner on your way home if you taking train. When you exit by the Lor 2 underpass, you will see the banner on your left.

there is also infant care is what is written on their work flyer pasted on the walls. will see if i remember to take down the number and can post here.

newmummy08

opps sorry missed that you was looking for cc.
happy.gif
the one at 78b is only 2 hrs

surf
i checked with the teacher at 78b already. seem that the stuff they will be learning is going to be the same next yr leh.... my boy in feb 08....
tpy kindy...met with a teacher bah? but able to show me quite a bit of stuff that they will teach the kids leh. :p

dor,
i've not been to malacca so no comments about it. as for genting, not sure if there are any places with good food if drive down the hill but inside of genting highlands itself, i'd say there are a lot of places to eat but to me they're very ex. the only place worth to eat are their western food like pizza hut (one pan pizza here in S$, you pay the same amount but in RM) and kenny rogers (eg: 1/4 chicken meal is RM14 - 16+.)

Mummyof2boys
I see. Your boy had a 6-8 months headstart since he's a Feb 08 baby. Mine is an Oct 08 baby, so she just started PG after turning 18m. She not learning that much from the PG yet coz it's only the 2nd week. She also not able to vocalise to me what she has learnt also. Haha. That's the prob with year end baby, slower in the devt milestone at this toddler stage.

Anyway, if you think it's the same that your boy is learning and you more comfy with his current PG, then you can consider to let your boy stay put at the current PG then.

Dor
Malacca must go eat their chendol and chicken rice ball at chinatown! Been bugging hubby to drive there but he not keen to go with the kid.
sad.gif
Said not safe. Sigh. But i think it's actually ok. My coll stays there and goes back every week. Safer than going JB she said.

precious,
thank u thank u! my EDD is mid nov, still have a lot of time. when ready u let me know and i'll get my hb to collect from you.
happy.gif

Surf

my boy also 08 bb Nov.u sent ur gal to which PG?me still lookin ard for suitable PG ard TPY.. mostly are full.. if nt nt realli suitable..

ergo carrier:
are,
i gt mine when i was planning my trip to HK w my boy back in May.. imagine i went HK w0 stroller onli on Ergo. i got no backache.. my boy is 10.5kg now.just legache frm walking... even now if i dun hv stroller i will carry him using ergo to do marketing.. mine is a sports version.. i feel tat he is not so hot inside..
let me know when u need it n hw long.. n i see if i need to use if nt can lend u try. =)

precious
u driving up to malacca or?bringin ur gal n boy plus helper?

helper
hi mummies, i m hunting for helper again.. any lobangs?prefer indo.. with experiences...

Diaper vs Pull ups
diaper is meant for longer wear..
pull ups are nt for nite n longer usage.. i tried on my boy..
just my input.. btw he is on MP at nite n daytime he wears drypants pull ups when we go out.. so far ok..

Gal.dolphin
I'm going to Genting with the kids, my mum, my sister. Yes, will be bringing along my helper for this trip.

Tape diaper n Pull ups
Has been using MP. In the day, I let him wear pull ups and at night, he wears tape diapers.

Mummies
Do you have any winter clothings which I can borrow for my 2 kids (boy: age 1 & girl: 4). We are going for a trip to Melbourne in early Aug, temp is about below 10

Hey,mummyof2boy,is ok~!i still searching for cc lo!even find for Bishan area as well!but the cc tehre seems abit ex le!i hope my first skool will hv vacancy coz i feel there is the best among all tat i view lo!
For the Sparkletots, will try cal and ask ba...then TPMC is another cc?also near blk 146??

Oh ya,the PCF at opposite HDB,is it good?

Newmummy, TPMC not cc, only provides 2 and 3 hour programmes if I'm not wrong.

Precious, I can lend you something. Should have something for your gal but boy...may not. The ones I have may be too big for him. You come and see?

Hi mummies,
have been a long time since i pop by.

My son is in Ykidz Montessori and i'm thinking to withdraw him.
Any kids is in ascension kindy ? wanted to know more about the kindy cause i can't run around with my #1 and a newborn..

jfoo, not sure if u remember me!
Anyway i'm quite keen in the art class. let me know if u are still having it ..

Sorry mummies, art class is off. My friend can't commit to the timings I offered... So sad, my kids were really looking forward to it. They've always wanted to attend art classes but the ones I found were either too far or timing not right...

Babyrainbowz, how come you want to withdraw your boy from YKidz?

char
Congrats on having a boy.

jfoo
My mom just told me there is a new class starting at Blk 99C, 4 -12 years old. I have enquired with the RC - will be sending my boy there. Not sure if this is too far for you or suitable for your kids' ages.

babyrainbow
A few of our kids are in Ascension....

are
Wow, not easy carrying 17kg walking here and there...

My T1 is 18kg, when she asks us to carry her, I can only manage a short distance...

Precious,
Am going early august. which hotel r u staying? i choose the most convenient 'first world' but understand Genting hotel and the Resort is pretty nice, but I lazy to walk so far to the theme park with the lil one tagging along keke!
If u still cant manage to get any winter clothings for your kids you may try tpy ctrl 'cut-out brand' they do carry some warm clothing at a very affordable price. I din wanna invest too much on these clothings as they out grown them very fast hence i try my luck @ this shop and manage to get 2 pcs for my HK trip in March this yr.

Char,
Thanks for sharing.

Surf,
ya get to know abt the chendol and chick rice thru internet too. we stayed in Puri before and this time round we tried out a new place called 'cyclaman cottage' suppose to be quite nice and hospitable according to 'tripadvisor' via internet. It is abt 45mins walk to chinatown but since we r driving hence make no diff.

stylobb,
am kinda lost, may i know what class is starting at blk 99C coz is jus opp where am staying and keen to find out. Txs!

Dor
For Malacca Chicken Rice balls, try the original which is Hoe Kee, at the corner of Jonker Street. Farmosa Chicken Rice Balls restaurant (there are many outlets), is a copy cat joint. Malaccans still swear by Hoe Kee - oh, the assam fish at Hoe Kee is quite delicious too but must go early otherwise it sells out quite fast.

Try Satay Celup too. Chloe may like this, since it's a lot like playing with food. My favourite restaurant has closed down and I'm not sure where they have moved too but there's quite a nice place at Jalan Ong Kim Wee as well. As a kid I found the kacang sauce to be a bit too hot and spicy but it was still quite fun to 'balance' the sticks horizontally across the sides of the celup pot and then eat all the nice warmed up fish balls and quails eggs. There's also Capitol Satay Celup - queue very long.

For Nyonya Food, try Auntie Lee's at Ujong Pasir. Small place, must reserve and if possible order in advance cos if she has a bus of tourists that day, you can wait very long for your food, assuming there is a table in the first place. I can get the number from my mum if you are interested. The good thing about this place compared to the bigger and more established nyonya restaurants like Ole Sayang is that she's not 'halal' - still uses pork etc in her dishes so they're more flavourful. The bigger more commercial places do all their dishes with chicken instead of pork so the true nyonya flavour is lacking.

When are you going?

Dor
If you like grilled fish, and other seafood as well, in a very natural surrounding (i.e. no aircon
happy.gif
) , try the ikan bakar at Serkam. Delicious and cheap (esp since you speak malay so can fake being a local). I have no idea how to give driving directions but you could probably google it or use GPS/garmin to find the village. The govt have "done it up" a bit but still quite basic la. The fish and crabs are excellent. Usually they ahve nasi lemak on the table, and they will just count how many packs are left and charge you the difference.

sunny,
wow thanks! can i hv the no. to auntie Lee's rstn please. am going from genting to malacca on 7 august only stay for a nite.

precious,
am not sure watz the shop name but is the one tat carry adult clothings too.

sunny,
o i love all kinds of food as long as its yummy! but only 1 day there doubt i cld cover so much makanan leh....i miss the nite mkt @ jonker st. it really brings back those olden days...the atmosphere is so diff fm our local nite mkt.

ah, pity. I haven't been to Serkam for some time now and just writing about it... made me wish I could go again. The last time I was there,...wah, so shiok.

Just asked my mum for the number. Will PM you when she sends it to me. Oh, if you are going to Auntie Lee and want dessert, esp the durian chendol - you must order that first and make sure they reserve for you. Cannot wait until you finish your meal then order dessert cos she makes very limited supply.

sunny,
wow this auntie lee's rstn sounded big time mann.... hahaha! hope they do serve non spicy food as well at least my gal can take.

no la, not big time. She's just a small family business, premises are quite small, and I suspect the kitchen is as well. The good thing is it means that the taste is still quite authentic. quantity control = quality control
happy.gif
There should be lots of non-spicy dishes. Nyonya food is more sweet than spicy really.

dor
Oops, sorry, I am referring to ART class .. since jfoo was talking about art, but from 4 years onwards. Your gal not 4 yet, right?

Malacca - we also drove in recently from JB, last min. decn, stayed at Holiday Inn.
Ate yummy putu piring at the Malay night market...

sunny
Chix rice balls, I rembr, years ago, when hb/I were there, we decided to go to the coffee shop where the locals eat instead of to Farmosa.
But still, me not a fan cos their chix meat is lean and mean.. keke

Have you heard of these 2 restaurants called "Bei Zhan" and "Teo Choon Loong Teochew Seafood Restaurant"? Are they good?

stylobb,
o is it under PCF or a centre on its own...do u happen to know the name of this school? I'll drop by sometime to chk it out. Thanks!

Are,
Ya it's gd but ur gal is 17kg already. U shud try. If u free, u can pop by I let u try.. Otherwise I think metro can try..

According the ergo web:
ERGObaby recommends a weight limit of 40 pounds (18 Kilograms) for its carrier; however, the carrier has been tested up to 90 pounds (41 Kilograms). Our carrier will accommodate you as long as you and your baby are happy using it.

Source:
http://kb.ergobabycarrier.com/questions/6/What+is+the+weight+limit+of+The+ERGObaby+carrier%3F

styloBB - in the past, the chicken used to be nice and juicy with fats,... but too many tourists (hint Singaporeans) complained and complained ...so he has no choice but to cut out the fat... even my favourite satay stall in Malacca has taken out almost all the nice crispy fat/lard bits in their pork satay.. and yep, it's cos of the singaporeans again. So dont complain about the lean meat hor..
happy.gif

Bei Chan is not bad. Teo choon loong doesn't sound familiar but sorry hor, I dont know the names of the restaurants I go to in Malacca cos most of the ones my family goes too have been there so long that we just refer to them by the street name or short nick names..

dor
It's where KiddyABC has its classes in the daytime. It's called RC Zone 4. Actually it's same venue as my boy used to have his art classes.

sunny
Huh? S'poreans complain abt the fats??!! I'm surprised! I thot it was kampong chix...

You want fatty bits of pork satay, can try the one at Old Airport Road hawker centre, stall no. 85.. hee

The restaurants - I'm just asking lah...

sunny
We had a yummy meal at Banonya long time ago, but since there are quite a nbr of Peranakan makan places, not sure if this is one of the best....
Still rmbr the sweet/sour squids were v delicious...

We went to Newton Food village, one of the stalls sell the lor bak, my kids like it...

think you gals probably know more places to eat than me... i'm a very lazy malaccan. Every time I go home, i just tag along to wherever my parents or relatives or friends recommend. Makan and forget
happy.gif

Hi Stylobb, my boy now 15mths plus,but need start search cc for him le..coz now all cc are full!
sad.gif

btw,wer is appletree tat u mentioned abt??

Wow, u all mummies so good life!can alwasy go tour here and there!so envy le!
i was so scared to travel, as my boy really really vy noti and move here and there in the plane!thk all airline will blacklist him!!coz make alot of noice in the plane!!

Back