TOA PAYOH mummies

So diff to get in this web le!
Finally!!

hey mummies!i also just back from short trip to Langkawi~!but not so fun there,1st day went tk flgiht was force to fly back due to weather bad at Langkawi!luckly only wait 15 mins, then fly to there again!then went there raining...haiz...
then inside the flight,struggle with my boy some more!nowadays he already 15mths, no more guai guai zz already!make noice wan walk walk!coz he just learn walking already!so headach!whole flight ppl must know me already coz he keep on shout and scream!me in my heart was scream for HELP~!!Even with my hubby 2 person can handle him le!!

Btw,just chk with u gals, now he already got injection for MMR, so can tk chicken pox japs already?or shall let him turn2 1st better seems he not join childcare yet..

Any mummies use Huggies?may i know it cozt how much for new born?coz my coll ask me,but i didn buy b4..

Talk abt letting my boy change diapers!me also vy headache!every time hv to gv him new thgs to ply so that he can guai guai lye down on bed let me change!some more need fast,else he only can tahan few mins, then he feel sian with the new toys liao,then he throw it away and flip and trying run away liao!!
Pants a bit ex if only wear at home for a while. but i did bought for him when going out shopping.
I bought Drypers brand, don know good or not.
Last timr Precious gv me XL size huggies brand i already used finish~!Thx Precious~!

Thk all expences now already go to his diapers la, milk powder le...
sad.gif

Mummies, I'm going to propose the fees as $320 per group, based on 4 kids so $80 per child per month. It's a small group so I think quite reasonable. If group of 3, I propose $100 per group so $100 per child. Let me check with her whether she's ok with this.

Pooh, your girls are 8 and 5?

Stylo, yours?

Currently I think we almost have a group for the 3-5 yr olds if Char and Charsiew are on.

My place is at Lor 5, blk 50. Lesson will quite likely be on a weekday (Mon or Wed) evening, probably around 730 as my friend knocks off at SOTA around 6pm. The two groups will quite likely be back to back so that she makes only one trip. If weekday doesn't work then may try weekend. Mummies who are interested, ok with the above?

jfoo
My boy is 6.5 years old.

What do you mean by back to back?
How long is each session?

Mondays are preferred if it materialises but I understand it will go by majority.

new mummy
"Thk all expences now already go to his diapers la, milk powder le"
---- think of my scenario when my three were younger and needed diapers and milk (lots of them!) ..hehe..

J_foo,
Thanks for arranging.

Pse let us know the duration of each session and if drawing materials are provided. Is the rate negotiable? Coz i find it quite costly for the age grp of 3-5yo.

Each session will be an hour. Back to back - so if the younger group starts at 730, the older group will start at 830.

Drawing materials will be your own, unless it's one-off materials like sequins and such. Otherwise one should have their own colour pencils, crayons etc.

Charges - if one looks at the charges at private art studios with such small group size, one is paying close to $40 (if not more) per session. Of course, materials are included in studios (at my place, I can't provide/store the materials, that's why need you guys to BYO). I'll consolidate with my friend again, but won't be any lower than $70 per month cos I think won't be fair on her.

My friend is trying to work out her schedule at the moment, will update further when I get more info. I've also asked her to give us a gage of what she'd be doing with the kids.

Precious,
I was looking for a montesorri for my 18month child in Toa Payoh. Only get to know the ykidz at HSR building and liz montesorri at Blk 85. The latter takes 2 years and abouve. I saw a banner on deerland montesorri but when I called, they said they incorporate montesorri into their curriculm...
I have signed my gal for the ykidz, starting next month.
Thinking of signing her uo for shichida kindergarten (takes kids from 30months) next year but is very expensive $800/mth and not sure if is really that good or is just a brand thing.

Hi j foo, thanks for the art class update :>
icic..actually i also find the fee quite steep for tots this age :p, anyway i decided to drop my interests since the time slot is not favourable too (too late), tks & paiseh ya!
happy.gif

btw, if i rem correctly, some mummy had shared some infor of another art class previously. The instructor's name is Christina Yap, http://www.christinayap.blogspot.com/. i rem the course fees posted in the thread is like $90/10 lessons (i rem like quite affordable de), for kids 4yrs & above (if my memory did not fail me).. But again, i do not know the class size & duration, so it's not comparable like apple to apple hah..

Hi Jfoo,

I'm interestd in the art lesson for R. Pls keep me updated if there's more details. In case I didn't response to your postings here, u hv my mobile, right? I'm busy with my new place reno now.. Will be moving in abt 10 days time..

Ling
I'm keen in Ykidz too, as it is just 5mins walk.
However, they don't have own bathroom. And they place potty in the corner of the classroom.

jfoo
Thanks for arranging but the timing at 830pm is rather late cos by the time my boy gets home and prepares for bed, it will be 10pm... a bit too late as he needs to wake up early ... hmm....

charsiew
Christina has stopped the class becos the RC says the number is too few and the RC has taken back the use of the venue. She is a v good teacher..

Hi mummies

No one here considering TPY methodist church kindy? Am trying to get feedback on this kindy but seems like not many hv heard of them. Any mummies hv kids at Marymount Kindy? Gave up on Ascension as the sch bus picks up at 645am!!

Newmummy
Can take jab after 1 month from the earlier jab. That's what the PD says. But to be on the safe side, you can just wait first since your kid not in CC yet. I am also considering if to let my girl take chk pox jab. She had her 5-in-1 jab 2 weeks back. Next compulsory jab is in pri 1 liao. *Phewww*.....

Christina, noted. You're moving so soon? Gonna be around TPY?

Can't compare the prices with those based in CC/RC or those with a class size of 10. I'll discuss charges with my friend again if she's ok with taking on the classes. But as I mentioned before, really don't think it should go below $70 per month...

Stylo, if the timing is 8-9? My friend will have to come after knocking off at SOTA so...will arrange again. And I don't want her to have to come down two trips.

surf
My kids are in Ascension.

Once the church rede is completed, I think the kindy side will have a higher profile. Did you go in to take a look? There is lotsa space and it's v bright. I hope the principal will build up the reputation of the kindy once more - v different from years ago....

jfoo
Hmmm.... I think leave me out. Usually art classes are 1.5 hours. For 1 hour, if I were to bring him to your place, I walk home and then v soon gotta walk back again..hehe. I understand the constraint your friend faces too.

char
All such classes are not cheap. Only CCs charge cheaper.

StyloBB, I'll check with my friend again once she confirms her commitment. IF the class is 1.5hrs would you be interested? You're more than welcome to stay at my place while the class is going on
happy.gif

Hi mummies,
I am looking for transport service (private car) to pick my toddler from school on weekdays 10.30am.
Between toa payoh lor 4 and Toa Payoh Lor 6.
If you know of any reliable source, please let me know. THanks very much!

Hi mummies,
Just wonder any of you got YaoLan to sell?i just need the stand,coz i got the net,spring,electric rocker and the hanger already.
The exisiting one, my fren borrow me and sheneed it back already.
Tried to train my boy zz on bed during day time, but vy difficult le!he only zz bb cot at nite time...

precious

was looking at ykidz too! but yaps the toilet is a :p factor

preschool by the park @ Carmichael was recommended by a friend. will try to pop by this week to get a feel of this school. haha then will post it up

surf

am considering it but cant seem to get a response in contacting them! also have walked circles around that area but cant seem to find a way in leh!

surf

am considering it but cant seem to get a response in contacting them! also have walked circles around that area but cant seem to find a way in leh!

Mummyof2boys
I been to see preschool by the park @ Carmichael. Their curriculum is good. I like the Li Hwan branch. The place is newer. As for Carmichael, the property is quite old.

So you considering TPY Methodist too?? Finally found a mummy here who's interested! Which level you looking at? They just put up the banner outside the church gate. Think the places will be snatched up soon! as they only hv 1 class of the same level at 1 timing. I went to chk out the place last week alr. Hubby likes it, think he's going ahead to register liao, although I am still inclined towards marymount.

StyloBB
Your kid takes sch bus to ascension? I like that school too but the sch bus is really early.

Char
Yes, Marymount is more expensive but i realise it's coz their pre-nursery is 3 hours. TPY methodst is cheaper as it's for 2 hours. Their rationale is for pre-nursery, 2 hours is enough. I sort of agree as my girl just started her 2 hours playgroup. After that 2 hours, she very tired already. Fussed a lot when reached home, dun want to bathe or eat, just want to nap.

hey mummies...

me too juz returned frm a trip to bintan. was lousy too cos rained & ger was cranky 80% of the time, refused to sleep @ nite, so much so i've fallen sick upon return. nvr so suay b4 man. sianz...

another thing, i'm considering buying an ergo carrier, cos my ger is way too heavy for my sling liao. any mummy using it? any chance i can borrow to try? cos even 2nd hand not cheap, and i dun wan to buy then cant use, juz like the hippychick last time. Thanx in advance!

newmummy... i think the drypers now quite gd. tho i use NTUC regularly, i used drypers when ger having diarrhea cos the elastic around the thigh is better so less leak, which i guess wld be gd since your kid start moving ard already. when she is well, i use bac NTUC cos cheaper, and my ger is those tat wet muz change, so buy the cheapest lah! :p

re milk powder, i find ang mo sell cheaper than most. you all can chk out your brands there too. but some times will be OSS, so hv to stock up.

jasmine... going bac to work full time again? KK? so your maid how? u still keeping her?

re methodist church... the new plac eis really nice & spacious, cos my mum lives @ the blk beside, and i look down into the building. my fren's son used to go there, she say their english teaching is very strong. but the downside is, the boy's not gd in chinese. hehe...

Are
I do have an ergo carrier. How old is your child? Now that my son is 10kgs, I find it too heavy to carry him with ergo carrier too. After 1hr+, I feel exhausted.

surf
My boy took the school bus last year. The driver and auntie are v nice.
This year, my mil sends them back/forth as my twins started school there.
Boh hua to pay school bus fare for 3 kids for 12 months...plus I doubt they can wake up so early!

The TPY church bldg is coming nicely, trust me, I'm there every Sunday...hehe...

are
How heavy is your gal now?
I thot it will be easier to put in stroller?

precious/stylobb... ah ger is 17kg now. definitely stroller if i can help it, but there are times when i need to carry her, like if i take a bus to kk, or sometimes when she is cranky and we need to carry at lengths. the sling is very hard on one shoulder, and difficult to adjust. we recently saw a man carry a toddler in ergo comfortably so tot maybe tats better, with the waist support and padded straps on TWO shoulders.

Hey are~!yesterday just tried up dryper pants for my boy overnite,after 3 hours plsu, he got whole boy wet liao le!thk b4 zz he did play alot and move here and there, so mayb cant tahan for so long?then midnite hv to change back mamypoko for him!
Actually all the while i use mamypoko, but feel XL size mayb too big for him?he currently only 11kg, but when wear L the waitst seems thight!so i let him wear XL.After all,when pass few hour, his urine become more, then XL size will become bigger and i thk it will more easy to leak,especially when he zz and lye down...haiz...may try mamypoko pants tonite,see how...

Oh, the church reopen?i didnt know there got playgroup!got full day programe for childcare?if not christian can register study there?currently full?

Hey newmummy08
Think my girl same year as your boy? 2008 baby? The TPY methodist kindy not a childcare centre, only offers classes. We are not members of the church (my hubby is a catholic though) but they do welcome non-christians too. Their pre-nursery class start jan 2011 for 2008 babies. Why don't u go chk out the place and see if you and your boy likes it?

Hv not started my girl on diaper pants yet. But got bring out for her playgroup, easier for the teachers to help change if she poos. Got sale for the Mamypoko value pants at FairPrice (saw the ad this morning). Is this value version good? I know generally mamypoko is quite good.

hey Surf~!no le, my boy is mar 2009 bb.now 15mths+.ur girl le?so now she study there?
for per-nursery class is for how many months bb onwards?thk my boy not qualify yet ba..
may go to chk out this sun..they do open?i mean the class...

Oh, ur girl not started yet?coz my boy always fussed when we try to change his diaper,so thk pants more covenience lo...
Oh, Mamypoko value pants is in yellow colour one rite?heard not so good wo,coz easy to leak. But is blue colour or pink one, then good, those 30% slim than normal pantc type...
but abit ex lo..

Generally I find pants not as absorbant as diapers, I guess that's the whole point, train the kids to feel it's wet and therefore not comfy, need to change. As for the Mamypoko value, my neighbour said that the cutting is smaller than the normal Mamypoko, so if you want to try that, get one size up?

oic...but heard easy to leak le...so dare not buy lo...
hmm...so pants won absorb too much?then better not let him wear tonight le...:p

newmummy08
I see, then cannot liao. You hv to try for 2012 prenursery intake. You can try nearby PG, saw you looking ard for montesorri type but I think they only take in at least 24 months kiddos.

The church kindy not open on Sunday, only mornings on weekdays when there's classes going on. Nice and new environment after they hv renovated. Hope they can complete by year end. Think they started renovating when I was pregnant back then. 2-3 years already.

Oh dear, really arh. Was still thinking to try the value pants, more for toilet training purpose. Haha. Let me go chk the price for the blue and pink one. If not, I thought drypers also not bad until I see your comments that it leaks!

hey jfoo,thx for the adv.

Hey surf,thk will search for those childcare ba,but most of tpy area no vacancy le!even i try search bishan area too...heard happy family near library there quite gd,but abit ex comparewith my first skool leh!

Well,thk dryper pants good for use day time,but zz time not so suitable ba!but for mamypoko value pants not as good as if compare with the blue/pink type.can tell from the price itself lo!

they going to start building a PAP childcare/infant care at block 146A. forgot when will be ready.

i find the value pants missing a lot more side padding so easier to leak from the side.

Are,
I also bought an ergo($169) last mth for my trip to genting and didn't use stroller at all. Since I bought I haven use my stroller at all when I go out. She is 11kg now and the weight is on my hips. If u are looking for a carrier, I think ergo is good. Dolphingal n I swear by it now.. Haha ironic thing is I bought when C is 21mths already..
Ur gal how heavy now?

I agree with jfoo. Pull up pants generally not good for night cos it cannot absorb as much as the normal diapers.
Mamypoko value pant is definitely less absorbant than the normal mamy poko pants...that's why cheaper right?

I like Nepia pull up pants (and the tape diapers too). Pricing (when on promo) is definitely comparable to drypers and mamy poko and certainly cheaper than pampers! It is very soft and absorbant. And it's made in japan!

Now NTUC got promo on diapers:
- Drypers pull up 2 packs for $29+
- mamy poko value pants $10.45 per pack
- Nepia tape / pull up $28.75 for 2 packs

are
nope not kk but one nearby! :p hahah their staff kindy is dirt cheap but waiting time is 2yr! gosh imagine!
that is the reason that i am sourcing around.... but once got place sure will use the one at my work place!

diapers

agree, pull up really more for training purpose will leak after 5hrs for my boy. both the mamy poko and huggies

tpy methodist kindy

surf
hahah... just want today. was asking for the curriculum... then found out that they will be teaching the exact same things as what my boy have learnt in the pg at blk 78b leh! how?
price wise. this is not too bad... hahah actually quite cheap! but note hor the k1 and 2 is more exp. not much just $30.
happy.gif

newmummy08
your boy is same yr as my #2.
happy.gif
heheh like this can try the pg at blk 78b. not bad but if you are going to put in the church kindy after that... well you can see my comments....
tpy meth kindy wise...
here is the break down
pre-nursery 3yr(2008)
nursery 4yr(2007)

are

i got the ergo. heheh how long you need it to test? :p coz if only 1 wk, get lend mine

actually i find that diapers and even FM all depends on how they suit the child. my hb's ex colleague and i use petpet for our kids even at night and find it ok whereas i have frens who find that petpet leaks. it's all about trial and error to me.
happy.gif

rlcl... 146 got A meh? kaoz... my mum stay 146 i oso din noe. hehe...

orange... ergo really gd eh? me oso 1 kind lah, bot sling oni wen ger 3+, now she 6 and 17kg then i buy ergo. hehe... u all noe la, my ger cant walk, so always gotta find ways to ease the carrying. but its oso for safety, cos there was once i carried her in sling to get on taxi, then i tripped at the kerb and knelt down. lucky thing ger was in sling, her head oni inches frm the grd! so frm then on, if i need to carry her for any reason, i will bring sling. juz tat sling is really hard on one shoulder, and nw she's learnt to "slide" her buttocks out of the sling so v hard to manage! hehe...

jasmine... i sms (& email, in case your HP MIA again :p ) you liao. thanx heaps!!

re diapers... me lagi worse than you all la, i 6 yrs "playing" with diapers liao leh. sometimes one brand use for a long while ok, then suddenly not ok. then gotta use diff brands for "in-between" sizes cos of different cutting. hehe... i used to use petpet too, but the cutting quite slim, ah ger thighs too fat, cant use. ha! btw, i am selling 2 packs of pureen XXl if anybody keen.

jfoo... ur fren v steady leh. my family all amazed tat tat small church has ballooned so many times in size! great use of land. but torturing to us, house so dusty for so long, glad they will be done soon! oso din noe the church so "rich". hehe... but the ppl in the church v nice, always come invite my parents for their activities.

Back