TOA PAYOH mummies

ya..my son also cough after sent him to CC...
sad.gif

Yem, overall PG at deerland ok la..
Sylvia,i sent my son to YWCA at Bishan..ur son same age as mine,also born in 2009.

Hi all!Im very happy!Finally My First Skool from blk 248 called me will have vacancy next yr Jan/Feb!!
Even my son at YWCA bishan now,i thk i better withdraw him coz afetr all TPY still more near to my hse!
Some more i feel YWCA during school holiday they dont hv daily activities!so the kids now are like "zhor bo"!
But i thk My First Skool is better ba...even i still not go to view the environment yet...:p
Btw,all my fist skool no air-con??

Newmummy

Maybe take a look at the school first.
Btw for K1 and K2, the children have to go Blk 6 for 4hrs then teachers will bring them to Blk 248 for the rest of the days. I thought Blk 248 is PAP Childcare?

Is my first skool le...
I will go c now...
Y for u2 k2 need go blk6?for this blk?
Got transport?
But I don knw good or not...my son hv to start use to d environment again..hmmm!

Have a little gem to share with you. There's a place called Nailz Secretz, located at Blk 177 2nd floor (go up by the spiral stairs behind Healthway). The manicurist is June, she runs the place alone. Really nice girl. Prices are really good too. Express mani (shape and colour) is $5. There's a promo going on now, classic mani + pedi $30. Need to call for appointment, no is 63535979/84997255. The same promo is running during CNY too. Go and pamper yourself
happy.gif

hey mummy...

merry xmas to all... got a new makan place to recommend! if you've been to the restaurants at orange tee building, they've just opened another new "place", at the alley behind the jap curry. its called malaysian food street, and they have very bagus penang char kuay tiao (better than we ate in penang), lor bak, dim sum, claypot rice, laksa friend beehoon, porridge, desserts, satay and many more!

opens 5pm, till 1am (sun - thurs), 3am (fri-sat) i think. go chk it out!!

6504006.jpg

Eh, you sure or not, char kway teow better than the one you had in PENANG! Two Penang girls here leh - newmummy and myself! I bet you went to the wrong stall in Penang! Haha! OK, will give this place a chance. Really hope it's good because I am getting a bit "sian" of the usual places in TPY. Heard that there's a new ice cream parlour somewhere along Lor 1? Near Phillips? Anyone know or been?

Just got back from Kuching, visiting my godparents and now am in Sentosa. Staying at Amara Sanctuary for 2 nights. This trip is the family's Christmas gift from my hubby. Kuching was my gift for the family. Let's hope the weather holds during our stay here. Mind you, we brought along many board games, just in case! Haha!

ya lo Are!I agreed with Jfoo!haha...tats y i wan to knw which restaurant let me this "origine" penang lang go to try it then know it!haha~!

opps... step on wrong toes... better than what I ate lah... i ate at those normal coffeshops oni, cos dun noe where is good. hehe...

@jfoo... u lucky leh, ystr and today quite a lot of sun compared to the past few days of non-stop rain!

not seen ice cream place leh, where?

newmummy... its "fengwei". this "food street" is just behind the restaurant, just tables and chairs along the alley. food is cooked in the restaurant kitchen. and at $3.50-$4, its certainly worth it!

just tot its a nice change cos sometimes late dinner then no place to eat one. lor 5 a bit boring liao.

go try and let me know original or not! hehehe...

thanks ARE, don't know where is it ... check it out when I'm back in Singapore. You mean the food in this alley is cooked in FengWei ?

Hope you ladies have a great Christmas .. and Happy New Year to everyone here too !

wah janice... in SH also never forget us ah? still dun want to come back ah, sch reopening liao leh...

and yes, the food is cooked by fengwei chefs, tats why got standard.

J Foo,
There's an ice cream palour called "Creamier" at Blk 128, Lorong 1. Think it's pretty new. Not sure whether its the one you are referring to. I've not been there myself but friend said that they have flavours like peony tea, horlicks & choc chip, and even ginger masala ice cream. Also has waffles. So foodies out there can try and give your reviews
happy.gif

Thanks Sunny, this should be the one my friend told me about. Must drop by at some point of time to see whether it's really "creamier"
happy.gif
I like my ice cream heavy and "with substance" whereas my hubby likes it a bit on the lighter side (he does prefer sorbet to ice cream). So far my local vote goes to Udders for their alcoholic ice cream; Island Creamery for their local flavours and Cocogelo for matcha. Oh Canele has nice in-house ice cream, sadly not for sale. There's one in Chip Bee Gdns too which is quite nice, called Daily Scoop I think.

hey jfoo...

wah, you ice cream lover ah? hv you tried the 2 along upp thomson rd. think 1 is salted caramel and the other is scoopz... i oni tried salted caramel before, the waffle is nice and ice cream & coffee not too ex, but gotta fight for space with students!

Are,
good to noe that tpy has new happening makan plc and opens till late. i passed by sometime ago and saw they put up some signages but thot its only temporary food fest.

cny coming soon are u still taking orders for cny goodies?

jfoo, can really see u love ice-cream very muchie.

heard my sil mentioned abt this 'new kid in the blocks' but yet to chk it it out...i had tried the ice-cream just next to united square dun noe wat is it call very popular especially in the nite. I love their rum rasin very generous wif their liquor.

Heehee! Ya, I like my ice cream. Can eat ice cream day in day out!

Dor, the one you tried is Udders. They are indeed generous with their liquor. Try the tiramisu. Can beat the real thing anytime! haha! I also like their chocolate orange bitters which has an orange liquer. The brains behind Udders use to be a teacher but he quit and went overseas to learn the ropes, came back and opened Udders. Doing very well now with a branch along East Coast Rd.

Are, yes, I have tried Scoopz but don't really like it...not creamy enough for me. Have not tried Salted Caramel. Have seen many people there so will find a chance to drop by. Parking is quite a nightmare there.

Hi

I hv been a silent reader all these while, i need ur help to recommend transporter to pick up my son at tpy central to the childcare.

Actually before we enrol him, we already check wif the transporter if he is able to pick up my son at 7:10am, he said okie, but untill nw then he told me he cant slot my son in due to the timing n ask me to find other transporter. I gt call the school up to ask for help but they aso cant find another transporter within such a short notice.

Can anyone recommend any reliable transporter, pls PM me the contact.. Thanks a lot!

haha Are, the penangers feel challenged.

Girls who knows the chef is true blue & good chef from penang? i shall go try.

the ice cream i think i try before.. udders seems nicer lah.

Hui Ying, u need to travel from tpy central to where?

Hi mummies,

Any kind soul has last year's (2011) Primary 2 textbooks and workbooks to donate to me?
I need the shaping Maths course book and workbooks, English Stellar Units.

Please PM me. Thanks in advance!

FYI - the banks have new notes already so you can start preparing your angpows if you like. UOB has a limit of $500 per customer. Not sure about the rest.

Hi ivy

Thanks... they do have transport, but the timing do not match. The transporter said that they can pick my son at 7am but 8 plus then will reach school. Which means he have to sit in the school bus for 1 hr plus which i m not comfortable with it. The sames goes for fetching him frm school
sad.gif

So i hope to find another transporter which can at least reach the school 30-40 mins after picking my son up

hey mummies...

anyone or your frens got unwanted newborn/bb items? my colleague has a client who is a 15 YO single mum staying with her single mum (the grandma) so very poor. could use anything and everything.

Are, the Malaysian Food Street, I couldn't find it leh! Only saw Hailam, which is relatively new in the area. There's no proper signage? I saw some tables and chairs along the alley behind Feng Wei but aren't those for the bar (Waves or something)? By the way, may have some baby toys somewhere, once I can locate them I'll give you a bell.

hey jfoo...

those are the ones lor. near to the jap rest.

if you go closer, you can see some "food stalls" displaying models of some of their food. you can choose to eat in the jap rest. if you want aircon.

I see. OK, will go there. We went to Hailam, uh...not too good... prawns were not fresh, or at least they weren't on the day we had them.

My first skool at blk 236 bishan st 22 is forming a class of 8 for 2007 child...those interested plesase call shida at 6509 7887

hey mummies...
been MIA quite abit.. how are u gals!! happy new year! time flies..

are,
i do quite a few....but mine is for bb gal if it's ok. clothes and toys..let me know then i will pack..if not will be cleared soon. =)

wah.. penang kway teow! *slurps*
Jfoo, are and newmummy.. there is this cafe known as penang kitchen.. not sure if u heard of?personally i tried the laksa and the char kway teow! *slurpsz* *thumbs up!* but the price quite pricey.. ard $8.50/bowl.. =(
mabe u gals can give it a try?coz i lovez penang laksa.. so far cannot find a similiar taste from penang.. but found this quite one quite near though. =P

btw mummies, CNY is near the corner! how's your preparations? =)

Penang Kitchen...sounds familiar...Bukit Timah?

I know there's Gurney Drive at Thomson Road, opp Novena Church. And there's a branch at Suntec. That one...ok..nowhere near the ones in Penang of course, haha!

I heard that there's good Penang food at Aljunied. Have been wanting to try for a long time but parking at Geylang is a nightmare so we avoid...

Hi mummies

Just venting my anger.. Wanted to bring my gal for haircut Yday so I brought her to one of the salon along the shophouses behind the library. Dunno what's the name of salon but is a small salon run by a lady boss, kind of one man show that kind with only two male hairstylist helping out. She told me had to wait for half hr n I patiently waited there. After half hour gone, I asked her again how long I hv to wait as there r two customers behind me already doing their hair. When she said had to wait for another 15-20mins, I was so angry as the 2 customers are walked in but she said they had made appointment. If she felt that doing a $5-7 business is nothing then she shld tell me she dun cut hair for kids!

Hi rlrenn,
Gosh, understand your frustration. Do update us on the name of the shop ( so that I can boycott it).

I still cut my child's hair. Have been doing it since he's a baby.

U so good samantha~!Bravo!:p
I always brg my son go Snip Avenue,near braddell,so far ok la coz my biy cut botak..easy~!haha~!
Dolphin,jfoo,is the food at opp Novena chursh nice?will find one day go try,but must be ex,rite?

The one opp Novena Church is not called Gurney Drive, it's Penang Road, sorry for the wrong info. Anyway, price wise...it's ok, for S'pore standard. Similar to Old Town kind of pricing. Oh now I remember, Gurney Drive is at AMK too. They bring in Ghee Hiang products.

rlreen,
I'll black list this saloon.

There's this hair saloon (cant remember the name) along lor. 1 (braddell mrt) next to Watson charging hair cut for just S$2.80. They used to charge SS$3.80 but now having promo. They din increase price during CNY and I did my hair colouring, treatment (loreal) and cut there recently qutie satisfied cost me only S$170+ for mid length.
I'll bring my gal there in future, otherwise her hair cut was done at the normal shop house hair saloon near my plc.

hi mummies

i chance upon this thread and wonder if you mummies have any recommendation for phonics classes for my 4yr old around the area?

hi mummies, i just came to know that there is a shop at toa payoh selling cheap children clothings including branded types, like dresses, shoes, etc. May i know the exact location of that shop(besides song & song)??

hopefully can ask mummies staying at toa payoh, will be able to help me on that, thks for the advise, zbuzz78

Back