TOA PAYOH mummies

char

Yes yes! I aws see that nebuliser thing when I'm paying at the counter. Seems like everyone needs nebuliser & everything is bronchitis & every kid has phlegm
sad.gif

I suspect maybe my SIL's kids are forever coughing coz their lungs got weakened by the nebuliser???

precious,
thnx. will consider bringing #2 to dr jeremy if really need to.

jul,
it's the antibiotics that caused the diarrhea. few mths ago she did a test on my gal and said that it was something related to h1n1 virus and prescribed antibiotics and tamiflu. she also strongly suggested that i neb my gal although her cough wasn't bad at all. my med bill for that day was $300. after the med had finished and my gal started coughing again, i decided to bring my gal to a GP whom my hb is seeing (company doc) and he didn't agree to give both at the same time. so far my gal reacted quite well to dis GP's med but the con side is the amount of med he gives is such a small bottle. my gal still hasn't fully recovered and the med has finished.

char

Yeah it's the stupid augmentin *blood boils*

Actually my PD gives a very small bottle of med too. It's usually those std (issit 90ml?) plastic bottles for common meds like rhiramine & paracetamol. Only 'branded' meds like Mucosolvan & Zyrtec came in their own sealed big bottles.

But my PD told me to take ard 4-5 days, then stop the meds & let the baby recover by himself. My Terbutaline cough syrup normally can last for 2+ illness bouts. Sometimes I'm KS & give a bit longer than recommended. How small a bottle is the meds the GP gave u?

Maybe it's coz I only have #1, so tend to be a bit KS & only go to PD for jabs & illnesses. I find PDs very very fast at checking & jabs. I needs very fast docs coz my boy will bawl & struggle at every doc's. Hiaz..

Jul
Yes! Talking abt nebaliser. That was the final straw that made me change from her to a GP. We had to pin our gal down in the clinic for the 1st round of nebaliser. My gal was crying so badly and I cried when i had to hold her down, telling myself it's for her good
sad.gif

After that when i saw a GP for my own flu, the GP said actually no need everytime give nebaliser, they also hv the equipment but they dun prescribe readily to kids. They will use normal medication first. From then on, i decided that my #1 shld not see PD anymore.

Just a recommendation, my #1 seeing raffles clinic at Central. An indian lady doc, recommended by a fren in TPY who also brought her son there. Brought my gal there for fever and she only prescribed NECESSARY medicine for my gal and the antibiotics, is the same as what PDs will give for yound children. My bill is about 40 plus, include consultation.

How much is this prime gym?

BTW mummies, my tummy so big still after 5 post-natal massage session. Does girdle or tummy binder help? Any idea where I can get it?

Char
Conclusion, vaccines still go to her. I feel her jabs stock will be "fresher" coz everyday also use mah. So many babies. At GP, not everyday got babies go for jabs.

Surf
The high waist, during promotion is $39 to $69. They are good as they don't roll down easily when you sit down. They should be having some promotion now, since it is Christmas season. Happy shopping

jul,
this GP gives 45ml bottles. so tiny! but this clinic is shared by 2 GPs, daytime is male doc which i usually see. just now in the evening i brought my gal there and it's a female doc. she gives 60 & 90ml bottles. so now i know, next time go see her.
happy.gif
3 bottles of med - $37. the male doc also charge around that price for those tiny bottles.

surf,
didn't the massage lady bind up your tummy during those 5 sessions? it should flatten a lot more. using a girdle or tummy binder after the 5 sessions should help. hollywood actress, jessica alba uses a girdle for several months after she gave birth to her child and she said it helped to flatten her tummy.
happy.gif

tummy binder/girdle: if only i asked this question earlier, i'm also looking for one but too late to go shopping. tmrw go see gynae and not sure if will induce tmrw or not.

re abdominal binder... i had emergency csec and they charged one to my bill aft i discharge. the binder was really gd and i recovered very fast. i was able to move ard easier also cos the weight of the tummy not going down.

last year, my SIL gave birth and she was wearing one with three straps, which is a lot more comfy than mine cos adjustable according to your tummy. she bot it frm an online shop but i juz cant seem to find it now. if i find i will post here.

osim also has one i rem, and you can get it frm any pharmacy. if really urgent hor, can always go mustafa, 24hours, everything also hv. hehe...

Are
I bought that. Not effective at all. And not easy to use. Each time go to the washroom, have to do the velco again :-(
The material is very thick, warm to wear :-(

precious,
but the waist cincher has attached panty is it? then wont it be quite tight around the private part? i prefer to have a binder that wraps around the waist and not have to struggle pulling up and down a tight binder when wanna go to the toilet.

been busy and finally manage to read all the post.

Eh for dr heng hor, i went there once. Also given anti-biotics, anti viral... say viral fever.. then she ask me go back review my girl, after review go back again.. until i feel a bit uncomfortable keep going back. So after my original PD, dr ong w H from aglow come back from leave, i went to him and he check say could be fake measles... and say no choice finish the anti-biotics.

He will usually give salbutomol (sort of oral ventolin) & amxol (cough and wheezing) for cough phlegm, only when bo bian then give neubalizer. So far after giving western medication to bring down the illness quicker, i will give tcm, and she will recover.

Char
The material is very soft, easy to remove n wear it back. It is best to wear a binder for a couple of weeks after delivery. Hv you engaged any malay massage lady? I had the jamu wrap for a week after delivery.

precious,
ic but i feel that one is more suitable to wear once the bleeding has stopped else it'll get dirty and needs replacement very often. hmmm....worse come to worse i'll buy one from the pharmacy at the hospital. i have engaged a malay massage lady who did post-natal massage for me during my gal's time. this time i wanna be hardworking and wear a binder as long as i can tahan.
happy.gif

Thanks Precious. The price is reasonable but prefer those that bind across, instead of a panty design, gets dirty easily and need to change frequently. Any idea if marks and spencer sell those one pc across bind across tummy with vecro?

surf

Central = next to Merchant Court Hotel, not Orchard Central right?

It's terrible when docs give unecessary meds for small babies & kids. Their organs are hardly formed yet & they are adding chemicals to their innards
sad.gif

I'll stick to my current PD for now. He's also the type who doesn't believe in unecessary meds. I asked him to clarify that antibiotics = bacterial infection & antiviral = biral infection. He told me straight out that there's no need for meds for viral infection. Just let the body recover on its own. So I trust him a lot. If he gives me the meds, that means I MUST take them.

Sigh I can't help with the tummy. Am poking at mine now & sighing loudly haha.

precious

Oh it's abt $39-69 for a girdle? I NEED one very badly. I already was not very toned before preggie, and now 15 mths after childbirth.. *shudder*

So it needs to be wrapped? Not just tugged on like a normal girdle?

char

Actually I feel that 45ml is enough for me. Coz the meds can only be kept for 6 mths before u have to throw it away. But since the lady doc gives the same med in bigger qty for the same price, why not? haha

Oh good luck for ur gynae appt!

ivy

yes, I'm aws told to go back for review every time I went there. Anyway I've boycotted the clinic
sad.gif

Hey Are
Saw the link on the binder. Similar to what the massage lady wrap manually, i,e from below all the way up. Yes, hot, but quite effective i feel. The price also cheap. Hmm....

jul,
the 45ml bottles sometimes dun last long enough. my gal not fully recovered and the meds are finished.

i'm still at home. gynae thought it may be today, ready to burst waterbag but i'm still not dilated and baby is still ok inside so can afford to wait 2 more days.

char... if everything is ok then dont burst waterbag. very painful lah! hahaha...

go or more walks, and also do gentle squats and doggie poses? all the best for a smooth delivery!

precious... i din use personally so i dun noe. SIL and another fren highly recommend it leh. maybe a different brand they use from yours.

are,
thnx. my gal's time gynae burst waterbag as i was already dilated. the whole process was quite fast (compared to those who went thru 10 over hrs) - 5hrs for my gal to make her grand entrance. this time went for check up this morning but still not dilated so can't burst waterbag as baby may get in distressed if cervix dun open in time and may end up c-section which we all try not to go for.

surf,
haha, thnx. er....actually i'm not looking forward to the frequent night feeds. :p so right now i'm enjoying the moment when he's still not out yet.

Hey mummies!I got a call from My First Skool again saying that mid jan next yr hv vacancy le!but still...i was wonder my boy already prepare for it or not...hmm....if i miss this chance, then will be in waiting list again le...don know wen will get again....is the one at blk 192...

char

R u still here? Erm.. is it your EDD already, that's why ur gynae wanted to burst waterbag?

newmummy

Blk 192 is the one at the NTUC right?

I think there's another My First Skool opening near Blk 54 or 55 or somewhere right?

jul,
my EDD was supposed to be last fri. and yes, i'm still here. yday went to see gynae but i'm still not dilated at all so can't burst waterbag. thankfully baby is doing fine inside so still can wait. but looks like tmrw have to do something liao.

char

Hmm.. u could have just ovulated late right? Mine was definitely late coz I used OPK. And he still came out 3 weeks ahead of schedule!

yeah i was thinking it could be that as my period is very irregular after i delivered my #1. actually i'm kindda liking it this way, still have some freedom. :p

Hey Precious,i cant decide yet as hubby said my boy too small go there will get sick more easier!but got trail period of 2 weeks...so i thk still ok ba?but altermately i still need to let him use to the environment,coz for sure beginning he sure not use to the environment one!but i scare if let go the chance then don know when will hv vacancy liao!
Hey Jul, yes, new branch will be at blk 54 there, but don know when open..some more actually if go there even is more near to my hse, but no shelter all the way to there,if raining then cham liao!
Blk 192 tehre still ok,as my hse here got direct bus to there,atleast raining not tat scare lo!
So...still don know want to let him go or not...
sad.gif

this sat hv to let them know le the latest!
The other concern is if i work late till 7pm,then don know who will go pick up him!as i don hv back up!hubby may work late too!so was thk my current nanny can help or not lo?as by then not let her tk care le, then ask her help if i late back,then pay her some money lo....don know how to gv and gv how much..and she don wan wan or not too!coz by then she may tk care other bb,then may no time go pick my boy also lo!

char

Hmm.. starting to think of No.2, even tho I can hardly manage No. 1 haha

newmummy

Oic, yeah no backup is not easy. If both of u need to work late, it's a hassle.

I think the new centre at Blk 54 is opening in Q1 2011. If u wanna wait, I think still got chance?

I'm also thinking whether to put my boy to playgroup/CC at 18 mths, or to wait till 24 mths. And to start on full day CC or half day CC or playgroup. And to put in more affordable Star Tots / First Skool or to put in so-called branded CC. All this thinking is giving me a headache..

Jul
I just delivered 2 weeks ago, so still in confinement. Got a CL to take care bb, #1 at MIL's place on weekdays. Weekends then bring her home. Well, i logged on here while pumping milk!
happy.gif
I guess after confinement is over and my elder one is home daily, I be real busy liao. That's why desperate to send her to CC centre mid Dec.

surf

Oh! Hmm then which mummy is the one with a 4-mth old baby? Is it char?

Hiaz I only enjoyed motherhood for the first 2 days in hospital! After that, I really suffered. No confinement lady, stayed at MIL's, don't have anything with me coz I delivered unexpectedly... If I have #2, I will have both CL & maid! So there!

Jul

I was like you then. Gave me lots of headaches when thinking if I should send both to full day program. Finally made the decision, the worst if they can't adapt well or find out it is not necessary for them to go cc, then I will withdraw them. At least both are in the same school, with more friends to play with.

precious

Hiaz.. I guess I just think toooo much. Or maybe I'm just lucky to have options. I guess if I didn't have Il support, I'll just pop my boy into IFC w/o even thinking abt it.

Ugh.. still thinking very hard..

Newmummy
Pray about it. Sometime we must learn how to let go too. For my 15mths boy, I won't be accompanying him into the cc next mth (16.5mths). The more I can't let go, I know I will cry and perhaps regret my decision. My hb also agreed with this idea. It is normal that he will cry, but as long as he is being attended, we know he is alright with the school. Before you make any decision, have a good talk with your nanny. Bring your concern to the school too

Jul
Agree. I don't hv alternate help too. I tell myself, as long as the children enjoy themselves in cc, Im happy too. And I can always fetch them earlier if I want to bring them out for outdoor activities :)

Precious...u may diff,coz im working mum!
sad.gif

I really need to hv a deep tot of it b4 make decision...btw,Jul,i thk the blk 54 mayb got chance?
so Precious, the reno only undergoing ah?don know can complet on time on Q1 of 2011?

jul,
can't be me who has a 4mo baby cos i'm about to pop.
happy.gif

surf,
lucky you to have help from mil to help take care of your no.1 during your confinement. my mil is no longer around and my mum is still working so no.1 will be under my care but the CL said she will help to cook for her, bath and change her.

Char/Jul
Yes, we are better prepared for No. 2 this time except for maid issue. Sent my new maid back last week after she threw everything on the floor and sat there crying like a bb! Sent her bk to agent the next day. Not easy to find a good maid these days. Sigh.

We also ga lang ga bo for #1 back then.

But morale of story, dun let MIL do confinement for you. Sure got tension. MIL wanted to do for me for #2, thinking it's easy after helping me take care No 1 from 3rd mth onwards till now. Lucky I insisted on a CL this time too, if not sure mad house and temp brewing at home. 2 more weeks and CL be gone, I will hv to do night feeding cum pump milk liao.

Jul - no need think lar, just pop another one and then consider close shop!
happy.gif

newmummy
According to the sch prinicipal at Blk 192, Blk 54 is starting in June 2011.
If you were to enrol him at blk 54, you would be facing the same issue too.
Perhaps wait till he is much older, or when you or your hubby is able to make arrangement in the work schedule?
There would be lots of adjustments involved especially we don't hv alternate help.

wow!so late only open on June next yr??
ya lo.thk hv to wait him more older then will bring him to cc then....
sad.gif

Just hope current nanny won too spoilt him!

precious

Blk 54 may be good for my ILs. They live at Blk 45.. Hmm..

newmummy

Sorry I din catch the beginning of your discussion. Is it urgent for you to put your baby into CC? You have a nanny now right? She deosn't wanna take care of him for you?

Honestly, after all the thinking & hindsight experience, nannies & CC & grandparents all have their pros & cons. Nannies - personalised care but they're 'outsiders'. CC - interact with kids, learn more, but aws sick. Grandparents - try their best for their beloveds, but may spoil them & they learn nothing. So.. just do whatever we wanna do if it's within our means lah!

That said.. I'm lucky to have 2 options, that's why I think soo much haha

char

Yeah hor! How can u have a 4mth baby? *slaps forehead* My brain's like half gone after No.1. After No.2, I'll have 1/4 brain left????

surf

Hiaz.. maid issue ah. Reminds me of mine.

Haha I'm scared to have #2 coz #1 is a real challenge!

Back