TOA PAYOH mummies

hey mummies...

kiddy palace got pigeon products 20% discount off regular items, till 31 dec.

ivy... nice to see you and lovely bella!! so fast, 1 year old soon!!!

Hi mummies & daddies,

Anyone has sent their kids to Ascension, Pat's schoolhouse, Learning Vision or White Lodge? Can give some comments? Or any good preschools ard Toa Payoh area? Can kindly give some feedback?

Hi Jul,
My current nanny is good, but just scare she will spoilt my boy!wat to do?
sad.gif

At least go cc teach can teach him lo..
later going to call cc inform will gv it a miss!this is second time they call me le...
hope wait he grow more big boy 1st ba....properly after cny,he is abt 2 yo liao...

are,
yes she 1 yr soon, very fast hor. If u call her en yu, she will know better.. cos we seldom call her bella now ahha. only my 1 grp of frens does. End up we did not buy anything anyway. will pass ur hb card to my sis tonight.

Forgot to tell mummies that PCF sparkletots also called me last week liao, to say got vacancy. The fee after sub really cheap leh, but alr told them will give it a miss as we hv decided on another CC centre.

Newmummy
We are toying ard the idea of getting a nanny for #2 after i go back work. Can share the charges and her profile? can PM me.

Winnie
Not many pre schools in TPY. That's why mummies here cracking our brains where to send our kids. U looking at CC centre or a kindergarten? Ascension is kindy, the rest u mentioned are childcare centres.

are,
the pigeon pdts are all 20% off even without showing membership card???

no news from Char, think she might have popped.. hehe..wish her all the best..

surf,
u r right.. maids are not easy.. so far i have no luck with one.. haiz.. still choosing and waiting for my next one to come.. *pray that she will be good help*

dolphin... the tag says off all regular products leh, pasted on the shelf. i haven't bot mine yet, cos i need to go bishan to use my capitamall vouchers.

Hi Surf,

Ya..agree that there's not much choices in Toa Payoh and that's the reason why I have to search one that is out of TP area but hopefully not too far away. In fact, I'm actually looking for a preschool with playgroup program. Intend to let my girl learn & socialize with some other kids. Maybe half a day program or 3 to 4 hrs kinda program. Any idea what is a better choice? Quite confused btw CC & Kindergarten though cos some CC also have the kindergarten curriculum rite? Kindly advise. Thanks ya!

Just to share

Carlson baby wipes or Squibbles baby wipes is having great promotion, 3packs x 80pieces at $4.40.

John Little is selling $5.50

Now purchase $50 n above, free delivery.

May contact Jeffrey @ 9146 3669

Winnie
I just enrolled my two children, born 2006 and 2009 at Cherie Hearts Preschool at Kallang Sector. They do provide sch bus transport service.

Surf
Blk 146A PCF sparketots called me two weeks ago. Their price is really cheap for kindergarten, around $280 monthly. For nursery and infant, the price is double due to the teacher-student ratio.

Hi precious,

My gal is currently 15 mths but intend 2 sign her up when she turns 3. Heard tt good preschools hv long waiting list tt's why I start searching early.

Hi precious,

U hv mentioned united Montessori at bishan. Is it good? In fact, I hv in mind pat's schoolhouse, learning vision, ascension but still open 4 other options. Any idea 4 church related school will They include bible or church related kinda program in their class cos quite sensitive abt this issue as I'm nt a Christian.

newmummy

I also worry that my ILs & maid will spoil my boy. But now I'm mor worried that he'll like them more than me.

Not sure if I've shared before.. But my boy seems to dislike me! When I talk to him, he mostly ignores me. When I carry him, he'll more often than not reach out to someone else to carry him - FIL is all-time favourite, followed by Hubs. Worse is when he seems to like the maid more than me, when she's only been here for 2 mths! And I stayed home with him for almost 15 mths lor
sad.gif

So one of the reasons for sending my boy to PG/CC is to tear him away from them. So selfish hor.. but I can't help feeling this way
sad.gif

winnie

I'm thinking abt Sparkletots at Blk 146 or Star Tots at Nlk 78, or Learning Vision at Novena.

Are u looking for the LV at Gentle Rd, IRAS, TTSH? My boy's comint to 15.5mths, so our BBs are abt the same age.

But I think I'll put him to those 2-3h PG first to let him get used to it, then maybe half day CC. IF I want #2, then I'll put him to full day CC. That's my thinking now.. but I may change my mind again 2moro haha

Jul
It is normal if the child is closer to the main caregiver. For myself, I'm closer to my granny. Btw, if you decide on 2-3hrs daily program, they might not have full day program. Hence you will have to look for another cc. My girl was in Bishan Montessori playgroup for 1yr, then in PCF for 2yrs and going to Cherie Hearts next week. Thank God such changes did not affect her much :)

precious

Boo hoo.. I was a temp SAHM with my boy for 14.5 mths & only just came back to work! Feeling like a failure
sad.gif

Yup, I'm also concerned abt whether the changes in schools will affect him. That's why I'm thinking abt Learning Vision coz they have half / full day CC all the way up to K2 level. So now I'm trying to decide if I shd go for CC or just "study" If it's "study", I can go to either Star Tots. But if I want option for CC, then it's gotta be Sparkletots or LV.

Jul
Learning Vision, if I'm not wrong, the sch fee is around $1k after subsidy. Maybe find out more about the environment (some are open concept, some has their individual own classroom) teacher turnover rate, reading program and sch curriculum.

Once I asked PCF sparketots about their sch cirriculum and

Hey Surf,PMed u...but mayb not for the time being, properly after cny got vacancy, then i will let him go le...don wan drag too long, but for the coming Jan vacancy at My First Skool,i will gv it a miss liao lo...kind of waste the opportunuity, but no choice le...
sad.gif

Hubby say my boy not prepare yet...hmm....so after cny,he already 2 yr,better ba..
So Surf u wan to let nanny tk care ur #2?how old?and y not send him/her go cc le?

Jul,i understand how u feel,haha...is norm for every mummies to hv same feeling like u...:p
DOn worry,afetr all,ur kid still will stick back to u de...:p

For half day and full day program, there is no much difference in price. If you are a working mum, full day program you get $300 subsidy, half day program you get $150.

I have friends who send their children to Pat School house, Eton House, their children enjoy there.

precious

Thanks for the advice. I'm looking at the LV situated in a landed property so there's outfoor play & fresh air (even tho I'm an aircon baby haha).

But will the school actually declare turnover rate? Will they actually tell me, "Yeah we had 3 teachers leaving every 3mths"?

Sparkletots of course is the very PAP system lah haha

I think for LV, half day & full day is $50 diff only! Pat's Schoolhouse & Etonhouse is too exp for me. Even LV is exp, but I can maybe wing it. I don't want to spend so much on CC. Anyway there'll be misc fees on excursions, enrichment programmes, unfiroms etc to pay for, not just the monthly fees!

newmummy

Thanks. I hope things'll improve when he grows older too

Etonhouse

Personally I find it too 'atas' already. I see so many expat kids there. I don't really feel comfortable with sending my boy there

Jul
You would be able to find out if their teachers work there for many years :)

I also like clean and spacious environment, allow the children to mingle around during free play or get together time.

Good to find one which you don't have to spend extra $ on enrichment lessons on weekends too. And that is the purpose of sending them to FD. Can't imagine sending them to FD and still have to enrol them for academic enrichments

hi mummies,

i hv this eu yan sang 20% birthday discount voucher for 1 time use (not applicable to Cordyceps, patent medicines & prescriptions). If you all have anything in mind, let me know by mid dec.
happy.gif

precious

That's why I'm having such a headache! If I send to full day CC, I'll need one that has a so-called better curriculum coz I don't want my boy to study again on weekends. he needs some time to jyst be a child! But if I'm not gog for full day CC, I can settle for Sparkletots or Star Tots. Argh! I think too much!

Winnie, if you are clear at home about what religion you are and teach your child accordingly, there is no reason why you can't send your child to a catholic or christian school.

There are quite a few advantages from a language and educational and social point of view. My family is buddhist but my dad sent me to Convent kindergarten and even asked for me to attend cathechism class instead of "morals/civics" class. His reason was that in cathechism class, at least I get taught properly and get taught in good english unlike at the more bochap civics class which is more like free period.
I am very grateful for his foresight because the grounding in catholic beliefs have helped me a great deal (i) in school - in English lit and history. For lit - A lot of authors use a lot of biblical references in their writings and if you dont understand the original context, you miss half the "depth" of the work. (ii) in life - I understand and appreciate and think am more tolerant about other religions.
I am still strongly buddhist. Dont be scared about learning new things. Just make sure that your home grounding is firm. cheers.

Hi mummies, any recommendation for good dentist who r gentle to kids?? I scare my gal's tooth Kena poke by fish bone leh coz the bleeding start from her tooth. My mum gave her fish with bones though she said she had extracted all bones out but I still scare. My gal is seems ok now lah so I'm not sure if she is really poke by fish bones or just bit on herself?

precious

Oops! Typo. I meant Kindergarten for schooling & Sparkletots for CC. PCF has both & I aws have to think twice abt which is which!

Amazon

Er.. anyone bought books from Amazon before? How does the inetrnational shipping work? I just choose all the books I want, then ship directly to me (cheaper than shipping through vPost right?)?

Is there a max no of books when they will charge me the surcharge for bulky package?

Jul
Great minds think alike! :p I am sending my gal to CC partly to let her be disciplined at CC coz at home, old folks pamper too much. I am TRANSPARENT when they are around ok. *faint*. Nope, that is not selfish tots. We are doing it for the good of our kids!!!!!
happy.gif

Winnie
Church kindergatgen are great places too, I totally agree with Sunny. If not for the fact that they only offer 2-3 hours classes, I wld hv sent my gal for it. I need at least haf day with option of full day in future.

Newmummy
Thanks for the info. The charges are ok. Little skool house is $1000 after sub and it's LONG LONG QUEUE everywhere!!!!! the CC that we hv signed our gal up for does not hv infantcare so now we are stuck. May hv to run 2 places if really send to infantcare. No. 2 is a boy. 3 weeks old now. This nanny only takes in 1 kid?

Church-base kindergarten - christianity is not driven into the child but they will sing songs based on christian themes, that's about it.

Rlrenn, our family dentist is at River Valley Road, Gentle Clinic.

Twinkle, can you get "ling yang" for me? There are two types of "ling yang", one of which is the AAA the other is a cheaper. I only need the cheaper one (think it's about $15 per packet), want 4 packets. Also a box of Bao Ying Dan. Cough powder (for warm coughs) - two types - one in yellow box for mild warm cough (12 boxes) and the other in red box for more serious cough (6 boxes). Let me know if that's ok. Are you buying from the EYS in Toa Payoh? One alternative is for me to go in and ask the staff to put aside for me and you buy on my behalf. Most of the staff there know me quite well so should be ok.

j foo, yup i'll be buying from EYS at tpy central. but will be ard mid dec. cos need to ask friends if they have anything in mind to tag along as well. is it ok with you to wait? maybe like 11th dec? either way or we can either go together.
happy.gif

Twinkle, I can wait, no problem. Are you a FTWM or SAHM? Saturdays I am tied up with teaching most of the day so I'm afraid I can't make it for 11th. See when you're going and if I can make it I'll meet you at EYS. Otherwise if you can let me know a few days in advance then I can go down and have the things put aside.

Hi Jul,

Thinking of LV at Gentle rd or IRAS but still open to other options. Can't really make up my mind now.

Hi Sunny & J foo,

Thks for yr comments. I'm not against the religion of Christian or Catholic but just concern that the class will include bible or praying kinda things. If only songs that are educational, I'm alright with it.

Can I chk with those mummies or daddies that hv sent their kids to LV, Pat's schoolhouse or Ascension, are the curriculum well prepared for the kids when they are enrolled for pri 1 class?

I use to work at Pat's (I helped with planning their music curriculum as well as some teaching). From what I see, they have a very well thought out curriculum, with most of the material from States. The kids are well prepared for P1 and the kids are widely read. Part of it is due to the way teachers teach (though it may vary from branch to branch) and the company of kids they mingle around with - being Pat's, the kids who attend are from mid income to high income families who are most well versed, exposed to many things.

Hi j foo,

Oh, u r previously fm Pat's so why did u leave then? Do u know the difference btw Pat's, Learning vision & The odeyssey then? Cos fm their website, I found that they are somehow related. Hope u can clear my doubts. Thks!

Hi Twinkle,

Juz chk with u regarding the eu yan sang birthday discount. The 20% discount will be applicable to u on birthday month? How does it work as in u juz present yr card or u hv a discount voucher tt they sent to u cos in fact this month is my birthday too but was nt infmed abt the birthday discount. Kindly advise. Thks!

Hi j_foo,
Are you teaching piano classes? home based?

Winnie,
I have a fren whom send her child to Pat's schoolhouse near kk. She withdrew after a year as she felt the teachers then weere not as dedicated for the price she paid.
The other fren send her gal to Pat's at Serangoon. She said so far so good.

For Eton house, so far I heard about very good feedback but price is steeper than Pat's

I am looking at MMI at Thomson. They are open to a 1 hour trial lesson on 11-Dec. Think can call to register.
Any mommmy placed their kids with MMI before?

hey mummies... i'm looking for brand new bottles. anyone got the following to let go?

- 240ml bottles (normal neck, any brand)
- 300ml bottles (wide neck, prefer pigeon)

thanx.

Winnie, if u r EYS member, they shld hv sent u the birthday voucher (that 20% voucher & other promo items) a month before your birthday month. N is valid for one time use. You are not allowed to use the EYS card for further discount or earn pts if you use the voucher. Maybe you can call EYS to check why you didnt rec their vouchers?

Hi babygenius,

Thks for yr comments. I did consider MMI at Thomson too. Did u sign up for the 1 hr trial? They only have on 11 dec? Can't make it on tt day though. Possible to give ur feedback after attending? Thks ya!

Hi Twinkle,

I hv rec'd some vouchers fm them but there's no 20% discount voucher in the pack tt they hv sent to me. I think I will chk out with them. Thks ya!

Any comments on Pat's schoolhouse Buckley or Whitley? Or any other comments for any good preschools nearby? Kindly advise. Thks!

hi mummy,
i've popped liao on thurs.
happy.gif

jul,
i usually order direct from amazon cos they ship directly to you. didn't compare rates with vpost cos firstly i dun have vpost account and secondly, if join spree gotta go and collect if not still gotta pay for postage so might as well order directly.
happy.gif

Hey Surf,
My nanny is only tk care 1 kid at the time, i prefer that too...oh ya,u just gv birth not long ago....congrate...sorry that didnt really follow the thread...:p

Back