Tiong baru/telok blangah/bt merah 2006-2007 babies n mummies

springdance,
he's w sparkletots, only kids in his group got it. over the weekend, got 2 cases. So i guess this week, he's not going to CC also lah....

Hi Amy,
Yeah, i went on Sat, wah liao, i almost fainted... so many pple and of cos many inconsiderate pple too.... Am so angry w them

amy

my son is in cherie hearts- SAF @depot road
clarrisa's son has registered at cherie hearts @ treetop
luvbabe- erm i dont think she has registered her son at cherie hearts

cherie hearts is a franchise and they have many branches all over singapore. The in charge for my son's cherie hearts is quite nice and friendly, its her own business actually.

randal progress at school
Today finally some good news! The teachers told me he has improved a lot and only cried very little. then he was also playing with the other kids at the playground, and participated in the activities. He also guai guai finished his lunch, which previously he did not eat.
Hope it will become better and better!

Hi Esther
Thanks for the welcome, how do u find cherie heart deport road 4 ur boy? does ur boy enjoy sch?

Hi Amy,
Thanks for ur welcome, yup im looking 4 a suitable playsch for my boy..how abt urself??
i recently quit my job to b a SAHM

Luvbabe, Clarissa
Would really love to meet up with you ladies and let my little shy boy make friends with your boys.
happy.gif

I am ok with Clarissa's suggestion of Hortpark. Would late afternoon with alright with you gals? Hmm...how about New Year day?

Mist
Agree with your decision...better be more careful just in case...anyway, this week X'mas season, should have a "break"..kekeke.

Amy/Esther
Dun mind me KPO abit...Clarissa's boy going to a montessori in Newton next year....not to Cherie Hearts Tree Tops...

Hmm...I am not exactly 100% sure..but I think Luvbabe & Clarissa are referring to iGenius class...

spring - my boy will be at cherie hearts at treetop from Jan. He will attend either Montessori at Newton in Aug or St james come 2010. I wanna put him somewhere to play couple of hours daily since he will be coming 2yrs old. Thus, place him in Treetop as its near my home. Furthermore, this place is not overly crowded with kids.

we can go hortpark in the early evening? about 6pm or so? I was there once about 5plus and its scorching hot.

Hi Mummies,

Merry x'mas and Happy New Year!!! am working full day today... sian right?? but i dun need to work on eve of New year... hehehe, that's the tradeoff lah

2011179.gif

Merry Christmaas to everyone!!!

Ester
hope Randal settles in CC soon! I cannot tahan my girl's tantrums anymore. Am sending her to CC next yr but on waiting list now. Baby always neglected. Visited carpe diem near Royal Rd and she kinda liked the sch, so do hubbs and I,but not sure how she will react eventually...

Hi Ladies,

Can my little boy join in the play at the litplayground? Would like him to meet up with more friends too!Where's Hortpark playground anyway?hahaha....all confuse with the enrichments and schools that the little ones are attending! Guess it will be great to meet up to have a chat! ;)

Hi Rosebel,
Welcome to the life of a SAHM! I'm a tutor from 5.30 to 9pm!Else, my time is devoted to the family! Avel is attending JHS at River Valley next year. Have you shortlisted any school?

hi all mummies
its been a loooong time since i last posted here.

just chking any mummies with kids at leng kee cc brightkids? thanks

HI Amy, Springdance, Ester

Thanks for info on CC.

Ya, had went to the Eager Breaver at Safra. Quite like the place but again then like wat Amy had mentioned, their waiting list is super long.

We had sort of combed thru and visited quite a few CC at Bt Merah and Outram. Hmm... not really 1 that I like. And those I like have super long waiting list.

Anyway, have sort of decided on 1 near West Coast. Though is not a one that I really like, hopefully it will turn up well.

Hi Nana,

it's ok we can fix a date when u r avail. Sorry to hear that yr wallet lost...u must be worried sick.

Hi Mummies,

wow! so many newcomers & much talk abt cc. Haven't really look into it as intend to look after my girl till 3yrs old. Is it too late now or early to source 1? M confused abt cc (is it childcare centre)?

Hi Esther,

Guess this week n next can't fix swimdate as near festive season n recently been raining...quite cold.

Hey! Recently bought a Dinky Chair Harness fm BP n just got it on X'mas eve and try it out on my girl...quite cool! Check it on my girl's blog : http://wwww.shannonlee-karim.blogspot.com under x'mas present subject in Dec. Hmmmm....can't remember who ask something similiar for chair harness? Springdance? lao liao...

Hi Jessica,

Ya, CC here means childcare.

My advise is that is good to source around first. Those better ones have long waiting list, the parents chomp from 1 yr back liow.

<font color="aa00aa">Hi Mummies, may I join? I am staying @ Redhill... Talking on CC, any feedback on Learning Seeds @ PSA Club?</font>
smile.gif

hapi melodius
welcome to join us and we hope to see u more often here chatting with us
my boy is 2 yr old and he is in Playgroup 2. He just started school for 1 week and now is still the crying period... hehe

jessica
wow u are so capable, doing ur own blog... u must have spend much time and effort doing it. I am sure shannon will appreciate mama's effort when she is grown up
Oh Jessica, u need to start sourcing for a school soon. I have spoke to some schools ,and they told me some parents register for their kids born in 2008! faintzzzzz. That means they register the kids when the kids are barely 1 year old!!
U slowly look around and then u can find one that u like and register first, before all vacancies run out

<font color="0000ff">wishing all mummies and tots a happy new year 2009!!!</font>

Clarissa
I have also made some considerations over the past few days about school and have the same thoughts as you...might put my boy at CC first when he turns 2yr old and come 2010 when he is of eligible age, then send him to montessori or church kindy...but I'll have to look for schools accessible easily by public transport coz my MIL will be the one doing the fetching...but problem there's very little or almost no good schhols easily accessible without own transport lei...unless I take the school bus service option...but that mean extra hours of travelling since the bus routes around...headache!

True hor...Hortpark might be alittle hot even for late afternoon...but 6pm will be dinner time for my boy...Hmm....

Luvbabe, how about you? Would you be keen to meet together?

spring, dramaqueen

i wanted to let my boy take school bus initially, but my hubby not very supportive of this idea , as he think my boy too young , and he is worried lor. anyway i think school bus fees is something like $160 per month. So not exactly cheap also.

ester

my gg was originally at moral childcare, but had to change sch for her s the sch is moving to another location.
she will be starting at brightkids at lengkee cc on 2nd jan

Hapi_Melodius
Came across this True Way kindy which is quite near our place...me also staying at Redhill...you heard any feedback about it?

Esther
Ya lor..Hubby &amp; I also not too keen on school bus.. but will still consider as a last resort option if we can't find any school that we like near our home and accessible by public transport.

Miorei and all other neighbouring mummies
<font color="0000ff">May you &amp; your family have a wonderful &amp; fulfilling New Year ahead!</font>

spring - yes understand it can get abit tricky esp when we try to coordinate distance, caregiver, logistics, school quality, our kids' needs and not to forget our 'KS-ness' (talking about KS-ness, i actually went to check out PMI this morning)
happy.gif
spend sometime to do some research. Hopefully you can find an ideal solution
happy.gif

hey mummies

i just realised our thread has an archive already! means many many posts already... hehehe... keep the posts and chats coming!

clarrisa
u really very hardworking leh, keep visiting so many schools.. I just visit 3 or 4 enuf laio, can decide on one already! I guess the school u finally decide to place ricco in must be the perfect school for u and him !

<font color="0000ff">Good Malay massage lady to recommend</font>
Hi mummies, anyone has a good Malay massage lady to recommend? Those that come to ur house to do post-natal massage.
Tried and tested anyone that is good? Please share with me how much she charges and what kind of things she will do to you(herbal wrap, cloth binder, or jamu or whatever)
Thanks in advance!
happy.gif

Hi Esther,

so cute R enjoys wearing his uniform. He seems like he settle down at cc? Looks like he's eager to go to school. Abt malay massage lady, i used Ms Sadiah but lost her contact liao. Too bad can't help u. She's good and also read review on other thread she's v. popular. She did the cloth binder with malay herbs (recommend to put on overnight till she came or at least more than 8hrs to take effect.

jessica
he enjoys wearing his uniform but he doesnt enjoy gg to school leh... still crying period. Now every morning he will cry when i send him to school. But when i secretly peep at him, he stops crying when i leave. Then when he sees me come fetch him, he will cry upon seeing me.. Then after a while stop when i carry him . Sigh, hope this crying will stop soon.

any sahm free on next monday morning?

hey, jessica and me are meeting on next monday, at 9.30am at ikea alexandra. any sahm want to join us for coffee n chat?

Hi mummies!

Happy 2009! May all ur families be blessed with good health, joy and laughter!

Esther: I think my malay massage lady is not bad. She stays in woodland and she charges about $40-45 for 2hrs! I think it's v worth it. She uses massage oil and binder cloth. She will come with a clean cloth everyday. U dun have to wash for her. Let me know if u r interested and i will give u her contact no.

hi all

Happy New Year!! May 2009 be a year of abundance &amp; joy for all...

esther,
u wont be bringing randal? as he in school rite?
i see if can wake up in time to join u all.... heee..

jessica,
ya lor... lost everything then.... sigh...sad.... shall tell u all the story when we meet...
oh ya... i decided to sign up my boy for the little neuro tree.... wan put u as referral... what details need to give them?? my boy wld be starting his first lesson on 9 jan ... hope he likes it..

Happy New Year everyone...

Esther - yes, ideally i wanna send Ricco to a school which is good for him and me
happy.gif

Bless - thats real cheap! i remembered my massage was an hr with some herbs to wrap afterwhich costing about 60 or so... but i must say the wrap is good.

<font color="aa00aa">Hi Mummies, good morning &amp; A Happy New Year to everyone...
smile.gif

Hi Dramaqueen,

The sch bus per mth is $60 &amp; will pick up my boy @ 7:40am, back at abt 6.00pm
happy.gif
Hw's yr gal @ BrightKids?

Hi SpringDance,

From the feedback that I have gather, True Way is consider quite good, I have registered my Twins for their Pre Nursery class this year but letting them start in Term 3 as I find that they are pretty young... All classes will be in morning from 8 - 11am as they are currently doing some renovation...</font>
kao_happy.gif

esther,

wah, randall very cute hor... likes to wear uniform... hehehe.... too bad i can't join u gals, working lah.... maybe see one of the weekend, go your place for swim?

Clarissa
Thanks....I hope so too...can find a school solution that is satisfactory (not I did not mention best since some compromises have to be made to accomodate the various factors! LOLzzzz)

Esther
I guess Randal has settled in school already?
happy.gif

So "shiok" can 'La Kopi' on a Monday morning....

Hapi Melodius
How about Faith Church Kindy? Have you heard anything about this one?

Hi mummies,

I stay in strathmore. Can i join you in this thread?

Ive a 21mth boy &amp; looking around for playgroup. See that there's alot of advice here on this. Currently on waiting list in CS montessori in TB Plaza &amp; Edufarm which is jus near my block. Any comment on these playgroups?

Hello hapi!
Hello jessica!
Nice to see you here.

spring
no leh, R has not settled in school yet leh. Still cried when i leave him there, and cries when i pick him up.
and worst thing is , recently , he is extremely sticky to me, which is driving me crazy. Then do little things also cannot, keep wanting me to carry him. Aiyo how to carry him now , when my tummy is so heavy now? 7 mths laio

hihi new here...
Me got one 3 yr old boy.. staying at Telok Blangah Height...
Son now attending Sprankle tots.. just recovered from HFMD... haha haha

hey any one send their kids to phonics??
Me looking for some enrichment center that teach phonics

Good morning mummies,
Long time no post, hope everyone still remember me. Lots of things happen in 2008, lucky i survived and i'm back in 1 piece and get busy with work again. Thanks for some mummies who visited my blog &amp; send their regards. So far i'm ok just tat cannot carry jerald for at least 3 months though sometimes i tried to carry him hee...

Wishing all mummies, kids &amp; their family have a smooth year 2009 ahead. May all be blessed with good health, career &amp; all wishes comes true.

Welcome to all newcomers... Do join all the mummies here for chat.

Priscilla,
I'm staying at Telok Blangah Heights too and we've a few more mummies around the same area. Sometimes i'll even see them downstairs hee...

We even say wanna meet up at the senior citizens corner for chat while our kids run about haha...

Morning Mummies!

Today is Avel's first day of school! Still sleeping at this hour (10.50am)! Hope that he will be totally charge up for school later! The funniest thing is that i am so excited that i woke up at 6am and cant get to sleep after that! Went to the market, bought some food to cook for lunch.... Just feel so excited! Hahaha...

Just saw all the postings and a pity i didnt get to see the meet up at ikea! Else, i will be able to join. :S

Redhill mummies! Im also staying nearby! @ Henderson Road! Maybe can meet for breakfast sometimes as i had decided to wake up early every day to go market to cook lunch for Avel before sending him to schooL!

Went to True Way Kindergarten to take a look before. Dont really like the environment as is pretty old. Maybe i went to during the holiday and there were no children, the place seemed so cold and my boy obviously dont like it as he kept asking me to go.

whoooooo...... talk to ya again tonight!

esther
Maybe you wan to try letting someone else liek your in-law bring Randal to school? Could be a different scenario...

Mrs Wang &amp; Priscilla
Welcome to the thread...we can discuss more about schools &amp; enrichment programme together.
happy.gif

My boy is 20mths....turning to 21.

Pris: You can consider Zoophonics... I read reviews that it's not bad.

Irene!!
Soo lonngg never see you...how are you doing dear? I hope all's well &amp; good for you now. You take care and dun over-exert yourself ya.

Amy
Thanks for your feedback about True Way...Yup I think from the exterior of the church, I can guess it's quite old....but not sure if it's well-established....

Do update us about Avel's 1st day at JHS tonight ya...
happy.gif

<font color="aa00aa">Good afternoon to all Mummies, taken yr lunch?
smile.gif

Hi Springdance,

Hmmmm! Don't really like Faith Kindy as they have the columbarium near there &amp; as what Amy said, theey are very secretive abt their teaching model... From the feedback that I have gather are not so positive... Hw old are yr kids?
happy.gif

Hi Pris,

My boy is in Zoo Phonics (Jurong West Branch) since Feb last year, so far can see improvment in him... You can try "I can Read" @ Pacific Plaza in Orchard, seems quite good but again it depends on the teacher &amp; the child as well. Every child is different in their learning process...
kao_smile2.gif

Hi wang,

How are you my dear?

Hi Amy,

Avel is in JHS? It is at River Valley right, ex? My dad is staying in Henderson Cres, which bk are you at?</font>

HELLO TO ALL MUMMIES!!

Hi hapi,
Wat does JHS stands for? Im still on waiting list to enrol Kief in a playgroup. Jus sign up RIM at Gracekids yesterday. Everyday Kief bugged at me &amp; say "Vivo there! Vivo there!" .. he wanna go out!

Hi Springdance
My son is also turning 21mth this mth. Zoophonics looks interesting but no branch near queenstown. ive a 8mth old at home &amp; din wanna leave her alone wif maid for too long.

Any nice enrichment class you've tried? Ive tried gymboree, kindermusik &amp; gracekids &amp; they are all similar. Finally i chose gracekids as its nearest to my place.

Hapi
These 2 church kindys seems the nearest to our place liao...that's why asking about these 2...like Amy also mentioned, True Way premises seems old lei...what do you think?

You have received feedback from many people about TW?

JHS is at River Valley...their hours are quite long though...either 9am - 1pm or 1pm - 5pm I think....they are also a Childcare centre.

Mrs Wang
Ya the nearest branch for Zoophonics from our place is either Thomson or Jurong...my boy attended Busy Buddies with Grace Kids...quite interesting and the teachers are nice. I like the spacious classrooms.
happy.gif

Back