Tiong baru/telok blangah/bt merah 2006-2007 babies n mummies

jang,
oops, i forgot where is the exact location u are staying. To get there by bus, it will be 195, 175. Do u have these 2 buses at ur place?

I like it cos its big n well ventilated, and i think it helps to prevent spread of childhood illnesses. Also the kids have ample space to move around. And many classrooms for different purposes. Maybe u can take a look , the director, Ms Mei Yian, is quite nice and friendly. U can call them up at 6373 1531. She will welcome u to take a look at their premises.

Good morning mummies,
Me Monday blues... So tired & sleepy.

jang,
It's a long distance if u wanna walk but good exercise hee.. Either u wan to take bus 33 from ur place then change 195 at ikea or take 145 then walk in a distance...
Let me know how u find the place? I'm searching 1 for jerald also but it has to be nearby my parents hse at Queenstown. But now most of them are full only can waitlisted.

Hapi Melodius / Icey
Oh ya...Jang (joeyang) is also staying at our estate...Shall we visit each other place's during CNY?
happy.gif

Jang
Me also trying to find a school for my boy...very hard to decide which one is good...

I read somewhere in the forum the Cambridge CDC got several cases of HFMD in year 2007 ...so I am not too sure about it....have not visited them yet.

Priscilla,

my boy is with the TG class. btw, i jus noticed that the meals by sparkletots are all chicken. so maybe no good for flu and cough and difficult to get well? i've been finding the cause of my boy's recurrance flu and cough, so seen the chinese physician, and he say my boy has to refrain from eating chicken...

hi all,

mist, is ur son the eyes big big one?? and small small cute cute one??
actually i got write in the communication book and acknowledge what are the things my son cannot take..

I find it is waste of time to talk to the teachers or even the Ms choo. I find they all are very rude...

Hi Esther, nice to know u & all mummies...

Hi jang
We consider cambridge too but the idea of walking there under the hot sun puts us off. Haha lazy mummy me...

Hi Irene
I stay in strathmore & also looking for Playgroup around here. Seems that Im too late & most of my choices are full. So now sign my boy up in Busy Buddies class to socialize him.

Hi Priscilla
Which school of the teachers u talking abt? I need some feedback on schools for my boy. My consideration is convenience & thoughtful teachers.

Priscilla,

hahaha... err, i find it tough to say "no" to the above description of my boy leh.... he's small small cute cute lah, not sure abt eyes big
big... hahaha...

Really huh? no use talking or writing in comms book? sigh, then chiam leh.... I see esther talkin abt cherie hearts at depot, me also feel like changing, but hor, it's not so convenient for me loh..

ya depot quite far haha haha..
mmm u always bring ur son very early to school one rite??
is ur son name call yao ming or some thing like that?

Priscilla,
hahaha... no lah, me always late one, abt 8.30am then reach the CC. so it's not my boy that u saw lah... ;p

sigh, dun know how like that leh.... this year the TG class change the chinese teacher, but hor i dun like her leh....

WOO change teacher?? which one??
I also don like my son's Chinese teacher.. me and my DH find she got a kind of attitude.. but maybe cuz they know i very fierce so she nv really talk to me.. I got a problem with ppl that got attitude :p u ard what time will fetch ur son??

Wang
we talking about sprankle tots telok blangah...

Priscilla,
Now the chinese teacher for my son's group is Zhang lao shi. she's the lady, who tied her hair in small pony tail.

hahaha...u very fierce one huh? I am the gan cheong mummy. Me usually pick up my boy at 6.30pm, but this mth, he only attends 2 days and he's sick liao... sigh.... at home since last tues. For e whole of Dec, he also stay at home.

I_bless_you
Currently my gal is in learning seed at PSA club. I thought of switching her to Superland Montessori. What do you think of that sch?

Priscilla
Indeed it is (I can read) quite expensive. Not sure it can pay by monthly. I have no time to visit the sch yet but will go down and have a look 1 of these days. Will keep you guys update.

Just wondering is the one at Pacific Plaza (orchard) better or Harbour front?

Jang
Welcome. You mentioned about the Cambridge CDC, good as in? Is it clean? Is it ex? Teacher friendly? Thought of switching my gal to a kindergarten sch instead of CC. We are staying at the same area together with Melodius & Springdance.

Jang,Melodius,Springdance
Sure, we can visit each other during Chinese New Yr. Other mummies can join us also. But must say first, pardon me if you find my house not very nice hoo…
happy.gif

Toady had just informed the teaches in the CC that I will withdraw my gal either end of this week or mth end. Hate to do this but I have to…. So rushing to get a better sch now. Anyone heard of good shepherd kindergarten? It Is Christian sch. Between TW and good shepherd kindergarten which one is better? Dam shg… Headache!

Hi Icey,
I know there is a christian school along the road to harbourfront from PSA building. Will check the name out for u.

mist
thanks, but that photo don really look like the real me.. thats what most of my frens say haha ahha but its a gd shoot due to the camera angle.
I had the same feeling as you. My son also stayed throughout at home.. but then now he suffer bites on his both hands.. i don know what happen but i feel like asking them to change my son's mattress. It looks like bed bug bites to me..
I am fierce cuz I really cannot accept the facts that there are 2 confrimed kids with HFMD yet the sch did not inform lor, den when my son got it, i called the school and "scolded" them and said that they really no fit to be teachers. Den they actually replied saying that when there is 3 confrimed case den they will inform the parents.. i find it so irresponsible..

Hi icey,
how about putting ur child in the CC in Telok Blangah chruch there?? As its a christian church...
but if u don mind there have a lot of christian teaching.. cuz me christian too hehe hehe

Icey
Aiya...now that our house got young kids..how to maintain the house to look nice nice? Think we all "sama sama"...cannot expect much of a design in our house...hahah.

Icey/ Pris
I think the church kindy near to harbourfront is call 'Capstone'.
happy.gif

Icey,Jang,Melodius and all mummies here
Was wondering if you would be available for CNY house-to-house visit on 27 Jan?

<font color="aa00aa">Good Morning to all Mummies
happy.gif

Hi SpringDance,Icey,

Sure, can arrange again
happy.gif

Hi Icey,

My eldest boy joined Cambridge last year, I don't really like their teaching method &amp; he don't learn much over there. The fees is very ex compared to other branches, reason being - that is the head office &amp; rental is expensive...
sad.gif

Hi Esther,

Nice to know you
happy.gif
</font>
kao_smile2.gif

hey mummies,
something which my fren email me:

提醒您注意!!
牛年新年不能說的吉祥話

一、財源滾滾~裁員滾滾
二、招財進寶~遭裁禁飽
三、萬事如意~萬市如憶   ~股市萬點已成追憶 ,苦啊~
四、心想事成~薪餉四成
五、鴻圖大展~紅屠大斬
六、財源廣進~裁員廣盡

p.s..還有不要喝!!仙草蜜~先炒..me

Hi Mummies,

Had been a real busy weekend. First, Avel got a food posioning from the food that his aunt bought! Vomit...Diarahea...Fever...Bought him to the doctor twice! Refuse to eat medication. Spit everything out. Give him milk also reject to drink. Give him sweets as reward also don't want! Force it into his mouth, he puke.Any other ways to feed toddlers medication??? Im running out of ideas and these driving me crazy!! Miss school yesterday but brought him to school today but was called to bring him home an hour later as he's having a temprature of 38.1. He's better than sat and sun but still have yet fully recover.
sad.gif

Anyway, if mummies looking for a Montessori kindergarten, i seriously recommend JHS @ River Valley. This the 2nd week of Avel's school and he's enjoying it. +ve, caring and energetic teachers. Never fail to feedback about how's Avel coping in school. The only thing is that they prefer to be entrusted with the child and advises parents not to stay in school with them. This is also good as kids learn and adapt faster.

Priscilla,

the HFMD case happen in Dec??? so your son is the 3rd case huh??? lucky got u go scold the teacher, probably tt's y they inform me when i brought my boy there...

Springdance,
Count me in for house visits. Would love to take this opportunity to meet you mummies in person! I stay at strathmore (next to QT mrt) &amp; willing to offer my place as one of the venue.

Amy,
Hows yr boy today?

how much is the school fee? Which programme your child attending? Pls advise.

hi ladies

recently bought a baby swimming pool from BP for R to play in. He loves it! Also doubles up as a spa pool for us to relax in. I think its a good buy. If u are keen to buy it too, I will pass u the BP link. Also good service and delivery from the BP owner
2077673.jpg

Ester:
ur boy look so cute!!! haha haha me bathroom not big enough for a baby swimming pool haha haha haha...

mist:
ya me and my hubby went to confront the school and we force them to make a notification to all parents one by one abt the HFMD.. me and dh are very concern abt other kids too.. with one experience , we really know how tough it is to go through the HFMD.. its really very tiring de...
so we told them, we don wan other parents to
"suffer" and their kids too...

All mummies,
hey CNY 2nd day i gg to my mum house
sad.gif

me house very small.. hehe hehe so cannot open up for gathering but nevertheless lets have a confrimed time for us to go each mummies hse hehe hehe

Esther,
i saw the BP! hesitating if wanna buy.... hehehe... so it's good huh?? big enough for randall to swim inside? $80 plus right?

Priscilla,

wow, u all very nice!!! lucky u guys go and warn the teachers leh... yeah, I know HFMD very stress for both parents and kids

mist, my lovely baby, priscilla,
ya $80. its 80cm X 80cm. I got the transparent baby pool. Ya big enuf for him to move around in it. Actually u dont need a big toilet to put in the pool. its fits most HDB toilets. And they can also do delivery to u at a nominal charge, unless u want to go to their house at sengkang to collect. I double it up as a spa pool for myself to do jacuzzi eh.. hehehe, wah shiok.

hihi mummies!
me wanna let you guys knoe about the launch of http://www.dylan.sg my online boutique of workclothes and partywear. Basically i source for the fabrics locally , vietnam, and states and design them myself, not yet sewing them personally though , lol, but soon hopefully...;)the designs are exclusive, less than 4 per designs for some dresses. do check it out or join the mailing list and be kept informed of latest events on the site.

lol , yeah it's called dylan cus of the tag line---stand on your own. if you get the gist;)
hope you can show your support!:D

haiz today I sending will sen to polyclinic AGAIN...
his hands and legs are really so scary with those "rashes" or blisters.. i totally so stress over it...

<font color="aa00aa">Hi Mummies, have a Great Day ahead...
smile.gif

Hi Priscilla, Amy,

How's your children, hope that they are getting better now...

Hi elaine,

Will go in &amp; take a look...
kao_cheers.gif

Hi esther,

Your boy is so adorable, my hse don't have such a big bathroom to put the pool
sad.gif
but it is indeed fun and enjoyable for the kids...</font>
smile.gif

Hi mummies, I'm a newcomer staying at Tiong Bahru. My gal is a Nov'06 baby ...now attending CC at Little Skool House at Pearl Hill (previously known as Learning By The Park) behind Outram MRT. Anyone sending child there? Any feedback after Little Skool House takeover? I'm considering to switch her if still no principal. Phineno, does JSH have schoolbus arrangement?

Ester, ur mum so cute haha haha...

Now will sen is back to school today for his CNY party... advice to mummies, pls don go china town to buy CNY clothes for kids.. its even more ex than those in Giant.. but for ladies top is affordable cuz only $10.. and those are cheong sam top..

Also any mummies a fan of japanese drama???
Recently got a nice show which started on Tues..
pls go to my blog for more details wor haha haha

http://prisdreamgarden.blogspot.com

Hi Priscilla,

Talking about bites. Avel is prompt to mosiqutoe bites. Once biten, it will be very red and swollen and sometimes is hard! Just keep applying Mopiko and Zam Buk and eventully the swells will go away.

Hi Happi,

Avel is feeling better except that there are 4 ulcers on his lower lip and 1 on his upper lip. Guess he's very very heaty. Also still having a little stomach pain and mild diarrahea too. Still refuse to eat the anti-biotics. Super slow progress of recovery.

Hi Mrs Wong,

Avel is attending the N1 afternoon session in JHS. It is a Montessorie approach school. There are only 4 groups in each class and 6 children in each group. Afternoon session is around $1300+ while moning is $1500 per term(10 weeks)

Hi Wifiel,
Yes. It has school bus arrangement.

Hi Esther,

Seems like both of you are having so much fun in the pool! lol...is it very difficult to keep?

CNY gathering is a good idea! Maybe can have a pot luck session too! I stay in a 3-room flat so might be abit small for gathering but i dont mind opening it up if you ladies dont mind sitting on the floor. Hee hee... Cheers!

amy - is your kid attending the kindergarten at JHS? or is it the childcare? your kid is 3? I placed my kid in the list for next yr's kindergarten too.

esther - why do you need to buy this pool when you have such a huge pool at home? I would think your pphysical pool is better?

elaine - your dresses are so pretty
happy.gif
of cos the model looks even better! you are so hardworking to set this up. i am thinking of setting up some online thingie to earn extra monies too... need some to source and plan though
happy.gif

spring - you decided on a school for jonas already?

Hi mummies, didnt log in for quite sometime as my PC was down. Hmm... How shd we go abt visiting during Chinese New Yr?

Ester, can i have the link as well. It seems like very fun
happy.gif

Hi Amy,
Woah $1500 per term!! Im sure JHS is a good school &amp; worth the price ...

Hi Esther,
Saw the BP, thks! Very tempted to buy... looks fun!

amy
we wld love to go to ur place for cny visitations even if it means sitting on the floor! when would u be available? 2nd day of cny?
Not difficult to keep. Iplace it in my bathroom, only open whenever i want to use it. When not in use, just collapse it and put it by the side. It takes very little space to keep. quite easy to use n keep

priscilla
my MUM so cute? U mean my SON so cute? for a while, i was a bit stunned when i read ur post..hehe

icey
ok will pm u the link

clarrisa
got the pool cos we can let him play in the water in the comfort of our own house and i think its also cleaner. Then after R finishes using it, I will go in and do my spa, followed by my hubby. Next time also let my younger son play in it. So i think quite a good buy.

hey mummies
L'occitane has got a buy 2 get 1 free promotion now. Anyone wanna share? Just intend to gather 4-5 mummies to share in the shipping.
http://usa.loccitane.com/FO/Catalog/Catalog.aspx?cat=Buy2-Get1
Each item is only about $8, so we get 3 items for $16.00. thats quite a deal!
Then we all stay around Tiong Baru area, so I can pass them to u easily.
2088693.jpg
2088694.jpg
2088695.jpg

Some examples of the stuff that has the promotion, their website has much more.
Let me know soonest, cos i dunno when the promo will end.

Hi Amy

May I ask what makes u decide this school? We like to consider JHS &amp; CS-montessori but like to hear some feedback.

Ester,
Sorry sorry typo error haha haha

To all mummies,
this wed, 21st will be my boy boy 3rd birthday... so happy.. and time fly so fast...
2092555.jpg

2092556.jpg

Hi Mommies, how are you there?
Activities for your kids...

Thomson Junior Angels Club
Private Stargazing Session At the Observatory

View the night sky, be amazed by the scale of the solar system, constellations, nebulae and galaxies.

Find out interesting facts about the Sun, Earth, Moon &amp; the other planets in the solar system. Learn more about
Eclipse &amp; natural phenomena through a series of demonstrations.

Especially for Junior Angels Club members, we have booked the whole observatory for you and family so you can enjoy the night out
Together without jostling with the crowds.

Date : Thursday 19th February 2009
Time : 8pm - 10pm
Venue : Observatory at Science Centre - Jurong East
Fees : $15.00/participant (JAC member &amp; family)
$20.00/participant (Non JAC member &amp; family)
Free for children below 2 years old.
(Inclusive of : Entrance fees &amp; Special goodie bag for children &amp; refreshments)

Programmes : Interactive Astronomy Talk
1 hour &amp; 20 minutes of Star Gazing Session

Closing date : 30th January 2009

By Email [email protected] or

Download online form at www.thomsonmedical.com/junior_angel.htm

Hope to see you there!
Limited seats available, so book yours early!

priscilla
ur boy sure knows how to pose eh! He looks like the mischevious kind, is he?
U are a young mummy! Any plans of going for 2nd kid?

mujmuj
thanks for the info abt the star gazing event. it looks interesting, but pity my son is too young, otherwise can bring him for the event.
keep us updated about other events u may come across ya
happy.gif

Back