Thick Endometrial Lining = Cancer?

Worried88

Hi all, I have no friends or anyone to turn to. I'm unemployed thus in great financial difficulties. Can anyone please share their experiences or advise me? I have been crying nonstop and having anxiety attack.

I went for a pelvis ultrasound at polyclinic and the results showed I have a thick endometrial lining of 19mm. The day I did my ultrasound was the 14th day of my cycle, during my fertile week. My period has been quite regular (28 to 30 days) in the last 1 year.

The doctor told me it's uterus cancer and referred me to KK for biopsy.

I am 33 this year, have been very overweight since young. I have heavy menstrual bleeding with some huge clots and occasional light spotting during my fertile week. I also have hair loss, brittle nails, achy muscles and restless feet.

6 months ago, I was diagnosed with iron and vit d deficiency. After months of supplementing, my figures went up but my symptoms still remained.

Does thick endometrial lining always mean uterus cancer? Is biopsy a SOP for thick lining or it's confirmed I have cancer? I'm super worried and scared.

If your lining is too thick, it is advisable to take biopsy and confirmed if it is endometrial/uterine cancer (子宫内膜癌)
It is normally appear on those who do not have regular menses (e.g. few months with absence of menses) & thus having thick lining.

Don't panic, adhered to doctor's advice and stay positive for time being. Take care!

If your lining is too thick, it is advisable to take biopsy and confirmed if it is endometrial/uterine cancer (子宫内膜癌)
It is normally appear on those who do not have regular menses (e.g. few months with absence of menses) & thus having thick lining.

Don't panic, adhered to doctor's advice and stay positive for time being. Take care!
Oh dear... I have regular menses every month...

Back