Support group - Miscarriages

Hi, is there a whatsapp support group to join? Would greatly appreciate if anyone could advice. :)

Had a miscarriage last June and have been ttc for last 5 mth. Went to see a gynae just yesterday and was diagnose with PCO. Was prescribe with Metformin, duimin and supplements to help regulate my mensus and ovulation. Hoping for a rainbow baby real soon as age is catching up on me.

Baby dust to all ladies here. ~ ♡

Hi ladies, I have done a d&c last mon. My bb stops growing at 7wks. I am totally torn and devasted when hearing the news from gyn. A scan at 6wks show the little heart is pumping and a scan at 8wks show it gone.

Totally cannot accept the fact as I am so looking forward for bb arrival. I am age 40 and after 8 yrs of waiting (my elder gal sec 2 and younger gal P2) and in hope this round I can have a bb boy yet a joke was played on me.

I am still so emotional when think about my loss. When see preg women or young bb, my tots just went wild.. I want to let go and keep telling myself bb and I are not fated but is just so hard.

I would like to know how soon after d&c we can try again. As age is catching up, I wish to find back my lost child but in the other hand, also thinking is it due to my age my egg is not in good quality that results in loss.. I scared will such mishap happens again. After d&c, high chances of having a healthy bb till full term?

I also had 3 MCs. Just wanted to share how mine went:

Aug 2017: MC at 6 weeks
Feb 2018: Conceived and gave birth Oct 2018
Oct 2019: MC at 6 weeks
Feb 2020: MC at 8 weeks
Jun 2020: conceived and gave birth just in Mar 2021 (3/3!)

I can’t say why the MCs happened and my gynae said there was no point doing testing as I did manage a healthy pregnancy for my first child. I didn’t do things differently other than to go for TCM to tiao after each MC. circuit breaker happened after the second recurrent loss and I just took a mental break from TTC. Things happened naturally thereafter so not dwelling on things possibly helped.

Jiayou to everyone though and baby dust! The pain of 3 losses is still there and God willing, you will see your rainbows. :)

hi I did, but I didn't remove the entire tube. My gynae managed to save the tube for me. But we wont know if that tube is still functioning. Don't worry, I got pregnant twice after that surgery. One was chemical and one I finally have my baby.
Hi hopefulmum, may I know who is your gynae at that time? I'm looking for a good doctor that "save" the fallopian tube while removing a tubal pregnancy. Really appreciate. Thanks!!!

Hi all, this is my 1st post here. I just suffered from a miscarriage bout 3weeks ago. My 1st pregnancy was my girl whose currently 4ish yo. 2nd pregnancy was an MC @ 5.5 weeks. Cant help but feeling sad. Wondering if there is anything I can do to tiao my body. Does anyone have any TCM and post MC massage company to recommend? Any food that I should take or avoid? Not sure if it’s too late now (3 weeks later) for all these?

Hi all, this is my 1st post here. I just suffered from a miscarriage bout 3weeks ago. My 1st pregnancy was my girl whose currently 4ish yo. 2nd pregnancy was an MC @ 5.5 weeks. Cant help but feeling sad. Wondering if there is anything I can do to tiao my body. Does anyone have any TCM and post MC massage company to recommend? Any food that I should take or avoid? Not sure if it’s too late now (3 weeks later) for all these?

i am sorry for your loss.

i actually done all that u have mentioned back in nov. Massage and TCM after my mc to tiao my body. Would u like to PM me if u like to know more in details?

Hi Twinkledust, PMed. Hopefully it’s not too late to see TCM and do massage to tiao my body. I didn’t even do the mini confinement. Am turning 34 yo this year and feel like time is running out. Initially I didn’t want to have a 2nd child. But seeing how lonely my daughter is I decided to try. After trying for 3mths, I got pregnant. But ended up in MC. Sigh. Abit have phobia to try again.

Hi all, I’m a new member here and needed a space to talk. I’m 25 this year and looking forward to have my own family.
I got married last year and got pregnant few months later. It was such a happy news. Then everything came crashing down when it was being diagnosed as a blighted ovum and proceeded with D&C at a private clinic in November. The worst thing was to have people around me telling me that I give myself too much stress and pressure when they weren’t even in this situation before.

I didn’t had my period for months due to the amount of stress I was going through (another pregnancy in the family within a month I miscarriage and comparisons were done). Gynae induced my period in March with hormonal pills.

Then we tried again with OPK positive on 10th April and I got tested positive on 25th April with a faint line and it didn’t get darker till today. Went to my gynae today and he gave me duphaston to support the pregnancy. No ultrasound done as he said positive line is too faint.

I hope all will turn out good. Thanks for listening.

Hi all, I’m a new member here and needed a space to talk. I’m 25 this year and looking forward to have my own family.
I got married last year and got pregnant few months later. It was such a happy news. Then everything came crashing down when it was being diagnosed as a blighted ovum and proceeded with D&C at a private clinic in November. The worst thing was to have people around me telling me that I give myself too much stress and pressure when they weren’t even in this situation before.

I didn’t had my period for months due to the amount of stress I was going through (another pregnancy in the family within a month I miscarriage and comparisons were done). Gynae induced my period in March with hormonal pills.

Then we tried again with OPK positive on 10th April and I got tested positive on 25th April with a faint line and it didn’t get darker till today. Went to my gynae today and he gave me duphaston to support the pregnancy. No ultrasound done as he said positive line is too faint.

Praying all goes well for you :)

i totally understand how u feel. I am in the same situation as u now. Rest more and try not to move too much. Pray that u will get to hear the heartbeat soon!

Hi! I went for scan on Friday and was told that my twins heartbeat stopped. Supposed to be 10 weeks 1 day but they stopped growing at week 9. Doc asked me to start inserting Cytotec to expel them out and I can take off counter painkiller if the pain is unbearable. Read online that taking ibruprofen is more effective than paracetamol in dealing with pain. Any advise? Thanks!

joining this group.
diagnosed with blighted ovum in january and cleared and i tried again.
tested positive in late march. saw a heartbeat flashing in april.
recently had bleeding went to kkh and cant detect heartbeat so doctor diagnosed me as missed miscarriage.
was looking forward for my 2nd appoint on mid may but now everything just crush down.

Updating here today.
Went to KKH on Friday and did a scan but there’s no sac. So did a blood test and HCG was only at 549 but it was dated around 5w3d according to my OPK. Today, did another round of blood test and HCG went up to 709 only. So doctor cannot rule out ectopic pregnancy/blighted ovum again as they see a small sac in my womb but there is nothing in it.
Coming back to the urgent O&G department tmr morning for a scan again.

Me and my husband are handling this better emotionally this time, probably we are more experienced already :’)

Hope all of you have your good news soon! Let’s all stay strong together.

Just did my second d&c in 6mths. For the second mc, I tried taking the pill orally ( failed) and subsequently inserting ( also failed) , so ended up in d&c again. I did ask doc to see if I can go to the recurrent mc clinic, but he said as I have a healthy birth ( my #1), they might not accept me. The problem is I’m approaching 40 soon, I so scare of trying the next time.

joining this group.
diagnosed with blighted ovum in january and cleared and i tried again.
tested positive in late march. saw a heartbeat flashing in april.
recently had bleeding went to kkh and cant detect heartbeat so doctor diagnosed me as missed miscarriage.
was looking forward for my 2nd appoint on mid may but now everything just crush down.
Hugs hugs

Hi, I’ve just underwent my 2nd natural miscarriage at home and my 1st one was 6 months ago by D&C. Both lost around 6-7 weeks.
Just wondering what are all of your thoughts on ttc again?

Many people around me have asked me to stop trying and kind of “blame” my 2nd miscarriage on me by saying I didn’t rest enough and kept getting pregnant. My MIL went to tell her sister and sister’s daughter about it and all of them asked me to wait for 1 year then try again. But I really don’t see a need as I feel that I’ve recovered well enough and I think that being young is one of my advantage so I should try as soon as I’m ready.

I understand they meant well for me but I’m really eager to try maybe in another 3-6 months time.
I care a lot about what people say to me and say about me. And probably this is adding pressure on me :(

Any thoughts?

Hi, I am a new member and I truly feel for all that have lost their baby and thank you for sharing your experiences here.

I wanted share my recent mc experience just 2 weeks ago. It was my first pregnancy and I lost my baby at 18 weeks and it was a very shocking and upsetting experience and I felt terrible that I have no control over my baby and the mc process. The baby was healthy with no issues after all the scans and detailed checks previously.
But just at my 18 weeks, I discovered abit of spotting and when my gynae checked, baby still had heartbeat but my gynae noticed that I had begun dilating and told me that I was in the process of mc and admitted me to the hospital for mc. I have been searching for reasons and causes but could not pinpoint on any exact answers even after consulting my gynae. There could be complications because I have a large fibroid of about 11cm now. The fibroid was small at the start of the pregnancy but it grew tremendously during my pregnancy. My gynae advised that when the baby reaches 4-5months, baby could grow big enough to push the fibroid aside but there could be risk of restricted growth so the progress would be closely monitored. I read on forums then that there were successful pregnancies with fibroids.

After my mc, my gynae advised that I should follow-up with him after 3 months when the pregnancy hormones are gone and when the fibroid shrink smaller and decide if there is a need for removal of the fibroid. It seems to me that ttc couldn’t come so soon. There is a dilemma as to whether to remove the fibroid as 1) there is high risk to conceive again with fibroid vs 2) remove the fibroid but faces fertility problem due to scaring from the removal.

Does anyone here has similar experiences?

Now with my loss, I hope to seek some advice from you mummies and mummies-to-be:
  • Any good gynae to recommend that I could seek a 2nd opinion for my case? I am hoping to seek advice on fibroid removal and also subsequent ttc
  • Anyone here has any good TCM to recommend? I am looking at going to a TCM as I am not sure if mc could be due to weak womb or weak cervix which my current gynae didn’t diagnose.

Many thanks in advance!

Hi dear, so sorry for your loss :( hugs to you.
For gynae, I’ve read up a lot of Dr Khoo CK. You can probably go to him. I haven’t got to see him yet. Or you can look for Dr Wendy Teo, she has removed cyst for both of my colleagues before, 1 during her early pregnancy.

For TCM wise I’m not very sure and I’m looking out for one too.

I am so sorry for all your losses ladies.

i understand your pain on the loss, the anxious on trying again and anxiety on next pregnancy.

i went thru a mid term termination last nov. Did a mini confinement with so much tonic and good food. But my body still felt weak and constantly cold, so i went to see a tcm for the first time in my life to get my body back stronger. Turns out my body dint absorb all the goodness and is still weak.

i went to search thru all the forums and recommendations and decided to go to Dr Su at Fu Nan medical hall at Bukit Batok. I have been seeing her since nov.
And during 2 weeks review after my d&c, my gynae found a new cyst. So i was advised not to ttc. I continued to take the tcm meds regularly and going back to see her regularly. She is famous on fertility and u expect a long wait with many couples going to see her.

my body dont feel so cold and i never felt better than before after taking her meds. I only got an all clear to ttc in late feb and i managed to conceive the next cycle. The anxiety on whether this pregnancy will go smoothly is still very real. Every lightest spotting worries me.

So u ladies, hang in there! U are not alone!

So sorry to hear of all losses too. I had my 2nd pregnancy, 1st MC (chemical pregnancy as ruled by Gynae) around 2 months ago @ 5.5weeks. Tested early. Those who just had their MC, please do take care of your body; have a “mini confinement” if possible. I didn’t know we need to like “tiao” back the body after MC (regardless of when the MC happened). I went to drink beer had loads of sashimi, cold stuff right after my MC, cause I thought the “tiao-ing” didn’t matter. Bout 1 month after the MC, I realised my body seemed to be weaker. I feel cold more easily. I’m 34yo this year. Had my 1st pregnancy (daughter is 4.5yo now) when I was 29yo. I also went to see Dr Su, taken 1 round of Chinese meds (lasted for 2 weeks) and feel better, less cold I should say? Just visited her 1 week ago for my 2nd consultation and fingers. Thought I gotta add, the front desk lady abit the rude. Haha. Anyways, for all who are trying, take it easy! I feel stress played a very important part on whether the fertilisation/implementation/successful pregnancy takes place or not. For now, I think I would just want to chill for the next 6 months at least before I try again. Stay happy! Although I know it’s very difficult. Cause for my case, we tried for about 3months and wanted to give up on having a #2. But #2 came along and ended up being a MC. Pointless to think so much also. Cause we won’t have answers to our questions as to why it happened. Most important is to stay happy, move on and try when one is ready!

Hi all, i miscarriage 2 days ago. Waterbag burst after 1 days of bleeding at 15+ week. ;( 4 days shy of seeing my dr at kkh.
I gave birth to my baby but placenta didnt expel so went for op. The pain on my tummy n cold chills are killing me. Plus the tot of losing my baby is so hard. ;( any wa or telegram support group that i can join?

Hi all, i miscarriage 2 days ago. Waterbag burst after 1 days of bleeding at 15+ week. ;( 4 days shy of seeing my dr at kkh.
I gave birth to my baby but placenta didnt expel so went for op. The pain on my tummy n cold chills are killing me. Plus the tot of losing my baby is so hard. ;( any wa or telegram support group that i can join?
Hi dear, a BIG HUG to you! It must have been very hard. Pls rest well and take care of your body.

Hi,

I’m new here.
I jus went to have the routine checkup today for my pregnancy at 8 weeks which doc did a tummy scan n there is no heartbeat detected. N he suggested to do a ultrasound scan n vaginal scan which shows no heartbeat detected. So he concluded it as a missed miscarriage n prescribed medication to quicken the discharge.

Do you think I shld get another opinion of the diagnose? Feeling lost cos this is my first pregnancy.

Thank you.

Hi,

I’m new here.
I jus went to have the routine checkup today for my pregnancy at 8 weeks which doc did a tummy scan n there is no heartbeat detected. N he suggested to do a ultrasound scan n vaginal scan which shows no heartbeat detected. So he concluded it as a missed miscarriage n prescribed medication to quicken the discharge.

Do you think I shld get another opinion of the diagnose? Feeling lost cos this is my first pregnancy.

Thank you.

hello.
Is this your first scan?
You could either wait another week or seek second opinion.

hello.
Is this your first scan?
You could either wait another week or seek second opinion.
Hi,
nope this is the 3rd scan.
First scan couldn’t detect a heartbeat n had the 2nd scan the following week which detected heartbeat. N now the 3rd scan which is 2 weeks after the second, it has no heartbeat again.
Had a thorough tummy n vaginal scan today. But I’m not sure is there a need to get a second opinion.

I
Hi,
nope this is the 3rd scan.
First scan couldn’t detect a heartbeat n had the 2nd scan the following week which detected heartbeat. N now the 3rd scan which is 2 weeks after the second, it has no heartbeat again.
Had a thorough tummy n vaginal scan today. But I’m not sure is there a need to get a second opinion.

i am sorry for your situation. I am going thru my second mc now too. Almost same situation as u. I waited for a week and there was no growth so i decided to take meds to expel it. Now still waiting for it to expel as i am typing.

I

i am sorry for your situation. I am going thru my second mc now too. Almost same situation as u. I waited for a week and there was no growth so i decided to take meds to expel it. Now still waiting for it to expel as i am typing.
I’m sorry for your situation too.
Thanks for sharing n hope you will recover soon too. Stay strong!

I

Sorry to understand further, you waited for another week is becos it was your first scan n doc advised to wait another week or it’s own your decision? Cos my dilemma now is whether to take the doc’s diagnose of the detailed scan as the final one n go ahead with the medication expel or to wait before having the expel med or to wait another week? Or seek another opinion immediately?

Hi,

I’m new here.

Thank you.

Hello nahs,

so sorry to hear that.
i have been through it 3 times & each time it never gets easier. For me, i will seek a second opinion, because at least it gives me a closure & a confirmed diagnosis.
My gynae also asked me to wait another week for another scan because she doesnt want to decide anything too fast or rather within 1 scan. But that one week wait was so torturous, so in between that 1 week, i went ahead to seek a second opinion & result came out to be same from both gynae.

Hi,

I’m new here.

Thank you.

Big hug to you! I had experience the same situation as you. When I was supposed to be 10 weeks 1 day, I visited the gynae in NUH. He scanned through vaginal and told me my twins heartbeat had stopped. So he arranged for me to go to fetal care centre (also in NUH) for a scan and the sonographer confirmed there were no heartbeat for my twins and they had stopped growing at 9 weeks plus. So I inserted cytotec and expelled both fetus out 2 days later.

I think you should get a second opinion first. Jia you!

Hi
Big hug to you! I had experience the same situation as you. When I was supposed to be 10 weeks 1 day, I visited the gynae in NUH. He scanned through vaginal and told me my twins heartbeat had stopped. So he arranged for me to go to fetal care centre (also in NUH) for a scan and the sonographer confirmed there were no heartbeat for my twins and they had stopped growing at 9 weeks plus. So I inserted cytotec and expelled both fetus out 2 days later.

Hi,
Thanks for sharing! Cos my doc arranged another scan at the radar imaging clinic next door immediately, should I consider this as a second opinion or should I go for another doc or clinic? And do you have any recommendation for to do the scan?

Hello nahs,

so sorry to hear that.
i have been through it 3 times & each time it never gets easier. For me, i will seek a second opinion, because at least it gives me a closure & a confirmed diagnosis.
My gynae also asked me to wait another week for another scan because she doesnt want to decide anything too fast or rather within 1 scan. But that one week wait was so torturous, so in between that 1 week, i went ahead to seek a second opinion & result came out to be same from both gynae.
Hi,
Thanks for sharing! Do you have recommendation for the second opinion?

Sorry to understand further, you waited for another week is becos it was your first scan n doc advised to wait another week or it’s own your decision? Cos my dilemma now is whether to take the doc’s diagnose of the detailed scan as the final one n go ahead with the medication expel or to wait before having the expel med or to wait another week? Or seek another opinion immediately?
I had total 4 scans before deciding. I had spotting so i went in for scan at week 4, then week 6 but sac and fetal pole only measuring behind at 5.5 weeks then we went back another week later. It grew to the right size but no heartbeat. Then waited another week, and no growth(same size as 1 week ago) since so decided to take meds. If it grew but slower i would definitely wait or seek another opinion but since it did not grew so there was no reason to wait longer.

i guess u can to go another doctor if u want to have second opinion?

Hi

Hi,
Thanks for sharing! Cos my doc arranged another scan at the radar imaging clinic next door immediately, should I consider this as a second opinion or should I go for another doc or clinic? And do you have any recommendation for to do the scan?

Actually to me if 2 different person confirmed there was no more heartbeat, then I will accept it and take the medication. For my case, gynae scanned already and I went to fetal care and scan again...the sonographer scanned already and another doctor came to check and confirm again. So is like 99% confirmed no more heartbeat..and they can tell me based on the length, they stopped growing at 9 weeks 4-5 days...

My gynae previously (for my first born-via ivf) was Dr Tan Heng Hao. He was previously from kkh and now went to Alpha IVF Centre & Alpha Women's Specialists. Very nice and gentle doctor:) You can consider him if you need a second opinion.

For the cytotec, u insert it n not orally?

Can i check for natural mc, when can i start having the confinement food? At 6w2d, went to do my first scan yesterday and was so excited to meet my baby but doc cant find the embryo in the sac. Last night there was a piece of greyish material passed out and just now the doc said i have a miscarriage and advised for it to come out naturally. I am starting to bleed and having some cramps. Looking at the different confinement food caterers for a 7day package..

Can i check for natural mc, when can i start having the confinement food? At 6w2d, went to do my first scan yesterday and was so excited to meet my baby but doc cant find the embryo in the sac. Last night there was a piece of greyish material passed out and just now the doc said i have a miscarriage and advised for it to come out naturally. I am starting to bleed and having some cramps. Looking at the different confinement food caterers for a 7day package..

i believed u can start now. My tcm advised to start drinking red date tea even. I am still waiting for pass finish the tissues but i have started my confinement. Wear socks, long pants, no cold drink/food and shower with herbs. I believed its always good habit to practice. So just start first. Even during pregnancy i also avoid cold food as i dont want to have any cramp.

I see. Okay tks for your advice. I asked my gyne whether i need to do confinement but he say actually no need. But he also commented if it makes me feel better i can just go ahead. But as im looking through the confinement menus i jus feel very sian. Coz im not really a rice person but most of the meals are and its like almost 2 meals of rice everyday.. i know i shldnt be picky now coz its more for the body but im afraid i ended up wasting the food. The weather is also so hot these days..i really dont knw how to survive this plus overcoming the emotional feelings

I see. Okay tks for your advice. I asked my gyne whether i need to do confinement but he say actually no need. But he also commented if it makes me feel better i can just go ahead. But as im looking through the confinement menus i jus feel very sian. Coz im not really a rice person but most of the meals are and its like almost 2 meals of rice everyday.. i know i shldnt be picky now coz its more for the body but im afraid i ended up wasting the food. The weather is also so hot these days..i really dont knw how to survive this plus overcoming the emotional feelings

u can ask them to change rice to noodles instead. I also dont eat rice, so i changed mine. I understand how u feel, its very hard and u will feel even harder when u cant do this cant do that. But just remember that this for your next baby. U need to be stronger for that to happen.

u can ask them to change rice to noodles instead. I also dont eat rice, so i changed mine. I understand how u feel, its very hard and u will feel even harder when u cant do this cant do that. But just remember that this for your next baby. U need to be stronger for that to happen.

ohh. Okay im checking with tianwei now..how many days of confinement food will you be taking? Yes.. i think only we can understand how each other felt..i think my case is similar to yours? My hb keep consoling me that at least it hasnt been formed but to me, from the day i knw that im pregnant, i can already feel the baby is part of me. Even though its a small tissue that passed out yesterday, its really hurting so badly inside me.

ohh. Okay im checking with tianwei now..how many days of confinement food will you be taking? Yes.. i think only we can understand how each other felt..i think my case is similar to yours? My hb keep consoling me that at least it hasnt been formed but to me, from the day i knw that im pregnant, i can already feel the baby is part of me. Even though its a small tissue that passed out yesterday, its really hurting so badly inside me.

i ordered 14 days single meal from tianwei for my last mc because my hb can cook too. But i never order this mc yet. I really like their food but this confinement i sort of know what to cook already. And they give the red date longan drink - i dont drink as i dont take sweet drinks. I boil my own daily. So i dont think i will order this time. But definitely will order 28 days for my real confinement in future.

yes our case is very similar. Mine also stop growth at 6w2d. I understand how u feel. Sorry about your loss.

Back