Support group - Miscarriages

star, it is a private event..i am also not sure until i meet the organiser tonite.
happy.gif

u interested in dog too?

dear sylvia, i don't take any medication since young. gynae say it's chorioamnionitis.

i'd better get another gynae's opinion anyway. thinking of going to KKH directly rather than private. no need to consider switching hospital if there's a problem.

anybody got gd gynae to recommend in KKH? better one with experience in high risk preggies?

Hi hi,

my boss is also quite understanding lor, juz that u all know lah, there will surely be some super irritating and kpo people at work one lor..for me, i simply dun care, juz walk away lor..its really not easy but i guess time will heal all things..

angela,
oh now i know wat AF means..at first i read till i blur man, trying to understand all the languages..hee hee..we can try so fast huh??me still thinking of resting for a year before ttc leh..abit scare oso lor..

to the rest
let us really pray and hope that our next bb will be a healthy child..we must have the faith k..i always tell myself that oso..
happy.gif

It's nice to have each other's support over here coz i know sometimes it's frustrating to hear the same old stuffs over and over again from relatives n friends. Simply because they do not understand and cant unless they have been through it..

Maybe guys will always be guys. I know it wasn't on intention when they accidentally say something that is sensitive to us, but probably mummies will understand better. I remember reading a book one of our mummies recommended for miscarriages... a line which says why we feel more... because one day our baby is with us in our tummy.. the next day, they aren't.. Guys do have their way of grieving just that they are not so expressive bah..

On another note, i went for my routine blood test follow up etc end May. When i went back to get my report, i was down with an allergy and was itching and swelling, which i have no idea what caused it. Was then given a reference letter by my gynae to the 24hr Women's Clinic downstairs(KKH). I had to have an injection at my butt to clear the itch. It was the very moment when the injection went in and the fluid was pumped in when everything came flooding in. My D&C procedure. The damn Anesthetist had to inject twice into my spine for some reason i forgot and it hurt as much.

I just cried like no one's business and both my bf and the doctor was puzzled. The doctor tried to counsel and gave various suggestions to let out. But I had done tried writing a letter or whatever blah blah blah. She name it i did most of them. I just refuse to let everything out. In the end the doctor even wrote a referral letter for counseling which i abhor and it's still in my cupboard.

Sorry for the long post but i just felt a sudden sadness overwhelming me as i read the posts of you ladies and baby Ashley's blog. I am crying silently while typing this... Some times i am just tired of being the happy-go-lucky girl everyone sees on the surface. I appreciate when others try to console and say, "You are still young, still can try again in future.." But they dont really understand how we feel inside. Sometimes i even hide away from my partner.. to lighten his "burden" or whatnot. No one wants to come home to a crying partner do they? Especially when it's already been more than half a year..

Hi Jessie, you may want to look for my gynae @ KKH. His name is Dr Wee Horng Yen. He was recommended by a friend of mine who helped her throughout her pregnancy. Dr Wee is a very nice and understanding person. Not sure of his experience with high risk preggies but you can try and get him. He is also the director for Women Wellness Center of KKH. Maybe you can mention you are recommended by Gina. Below are his contacts...

Tel: 6293 4044
Fax:6298 6343
Appt: 6294 4050
email: [email protected]

I prepped boss and other important pple already.. if pass means go on maternity in end of the year. and if i can't cope with the twins, means i have to quit. if mission fail means can mc anytime.

Looks like all busy prepping bodies for ttc! stay positive, remember to do exercise too. On top of that, start your folics once ttc. I am firm believer in western medicine and i swear that taking centrum multivits the last time round after i mc really helped me to recover very quickly and gave me a lot of energy back. For those who are into western med can give a try.

xuanting, i have to work in the day, and working takes my mind off all my problems. At the end of the day, i am too tired to think so much too. However, cos my "danger zone" is coming, i still become a bit more paranoid. This time round, if mc will lose two, so i have to pray doubly hard!

gals, I am also deeply saddened by Ashley's blog... I am sure the twins are fine now in God's hands.

xbliss... think positive!! k?

apple, i bought one that is quite flare, can wear with a ribbon at waist for normal dressing, if preg, can wear the ribbon higher like a babydoll, or mayb even without the ribbon if nec... my hubby say its a sweet dress, i hope i get the chance to wear it for the intention it was bought for... i very tempted to buy more, but mus control first... what about u ? what hv u got in your wardrobe? hehe

u hv a dog? what breed? i hv a jrt... she is very sweet gal, i regard her as my daughter... she sleeps in my bed... keke..

Hi jessie, my gynae is a visiting consultant at KK, if u wan his contact, do let me know...

applemuffin, tomorrow got dog show? i haven't been in a while! is your dog going there to jalan jalan or take part in any competition? having a furkid really helps me stay more relaxed. they're the best listeners and comfort pillows ever.
happy.gif

hi irene, i'm sorry your work environment is kind of political. it takes a lot of self-restraint and maturity to not react or let those negative people get to you; you're the stronger and wiser one there. i do hope your boss will learn to appreciate your hard work and performance in time for your next performance review. i never felt inspired to buy maternity clothes but keep wanting to buy cute baby clothes i see! all these small small things are just so adorable.

hi nickel, i'm glad at least you have an understanding boss and are not letting those idiots in your office affect you. rest well these few weeks.
happy.gif

hi gina, (((((HUGS))))) i think it's inevitable for the emotions to come gushing back sometimes. think you just gotta cry when you feel it's pouring out. in my case, i feel like people around us try to be helpful but sometimes end up getting frustrated themselves cos they can't make us feel better, and in the event, leave us feeling worse off for not being able to respond to their good intentions. i think what we need is just a listening ear, someone who don't try to 'solve' the problem by suggesting all sorts of ways for us to quickly 'recover'. but sad to say, many well-meaning friends and relatives don't seem to know this.

xbliss, you're not too tired with work yet? when you begin to feel a little bit bit tired, try to rest ok. everything is just double on you, so you really need to take good care of yourself. must be very kiasu.

hi xuanting.. i totally agree... they try to be nice but sometimes things just go haywire. Different people have different perspective bah. We see things this way.. they see it in another.. But no one can see things clearer but ourselves..

hmm dog ? I have a female silky terrier.. heh..

hi.. suddenly alot of postings here...

My gynae always tell me success stories of his clients who m/c 4-5 time and delivered child successfully on 6th one. So, let's not give up~

I love dogs... I have a male maltese who I treat like my son and the whole family absolutely adore him.
Didn't know so many dog lovers here
happy.gif

i'm a dog lover too! I had a pomeranian for 13 years and she passed away many years ago. Since then, i din have the heart to get another dog cos nothing could replace her. SHe was so adorable, always looking out for our feelings and making us happy. So self sacrificial til her last breath. Even during my pregnancy, i keep thinking about her and i tell her to take care of my angel in heaven. I will tell her to take care of all our angels in heaven too.

xbliss,

now i am thinking to buy some prenatal vitamin.just now u have mentioned about the centrum multivitamin. may i know what is this and where can i buy it?

hi piggy mummy, i used to be in this thread..

just to let u know that another recommendation of prenatal vit that i took is nature farm twin-lab pre-natal vits.. its best for ladies before ttc and during preg..
i took it before i conceive and rite up to 9 mths of preg..

hi all..

I went to see my gynae just now....

My pregnancy is unsucessful.. No foteus is found despite my waterbag is growing...

Last 2 wks while waitg to see my gynae for my next appt,i had been readg this thread... I feel very sorry...

Rite now for myself, I guess i got to face the realilty as life has to goes on...

My gynae ask me to choose in between natural m/c or washg out.. I have nt yet to fix an appt..

Is washing ,d/c rite? painful?

wow...suddenly so many threads...
Hi ladies, me went TCM today and she said she is starting on a 10-course accupuncture for me...AF still missing and coming 100 days liao...
So fan...felt bloatness for so long but blood test shown tt I am not O-ing and AF not likely to come so soon...sick of all these already!!!

ic piggy mummy.. its ok.. just wanna let u know of another option cos i took them and did asked my gynae last time if its advisable to take and she gave me the green light to take..
in fact, the nature farm pre-natal pills was so popluar that its often sold out and i also have to buy extra bottles for myself n my friend..

i think as long as it's a reputable pre-natal vit is fine. As for centrum, it is just a general multi vit but contains much more vit than most multi vit. One thing to note, the amount of vit A in centrum a little high, so take only when not ttc. Vit A can cause deformities of foetus. i took after dnc and stopped 1 mth prior to ttc. I continued with only folic acid. During the period i took centrum, i felt really good and thought it aided my quick recovery from dnc.

Ah Kat, do hope your acupuncture produces good results soon.

Inuovi, dnc is done under general anaesthesia, so no pain felt, even after the surgery. It is a day process in which you get medical leave for few days to a week if i recall correctly. Actually some ladies here opted for natural mc ... in which i remembered some medication may be given to help expel the bag and all. Natural is def much much cheaper than dnc. Think it is up to you to decide with your doc. For me, cos i trust my doc's recommendation and skills, i think i would opt for dnc to clear out everything.. but note that those docs who don't perform dnc properly/skillfully may leave some repercussions. So do discuss with doc. take care. after that remember to do mini confinement.

hi ah_kat, hope that the acupuncture will give you good results! did she explain her diagnosis and procedure well to you yesterday?

hi inuovi_gal, please take care. are you seeing the doc tomorrow?

hi ah_kat,
u still with EYS TCM for acupuncture? Hope yr AF returns very soon aft the 10-course. Is the physician very sure that AF will return aft acupuncture? If not, try western treatment, faster results i think.

piggy mummy.. actually i am not really sure what is considered high. That time when i asked gynae, she was the one who told me that centrum multi vit's vit A (think is about 3000 mcg) is little high. The funny thing is from my 3rd month of pregnancy onwards, she gave me pramilets, a prenatial multivit, which contains 4000 I.U. seriously i dunno how to convert I.U. and mcg so i dunno how true if centrum's was high. But i did a search and 4000 I.U is very safe.. http://www.californianatural.net/html/References/vitapreg.htm

inuovi, my gynae is from tmc. she is a consultant so no subsidies.. will cost max $1K if you go for dnc. Not sure how much medisave can subsidize.. din bother counting the last time as too stressed. If you are ok with the price, maybe i could pm you the contact cos i dun think can put up here. But cannot guarantee if she is still taking in patients cos her clinic is so full.

hi xuan ting,

will make appt on this coming thur for the D/C..
A question to ask, the anaesthesia is for the whole body rite? Which means we will go to sleep for abt 2 hrs? Where they inject the anaesthesia ?

Thanks xbliss, I had my own gynae..
Now im feeling very low morale n scared...

xuanting... u hit it rite.. i m trying to take things easier... esp after my previous preg... but after the DnC, i slipped back to the race again. of cos now i learn to "kan kai dian" so it does not bother me that much now..

Hi Ah_kat, how much are u paying for your 10 course, and what does it include? can share?t he last time I went to fix a stiff neck, med plus tui-na cost me almost 80 bucks, so its very ex to me..

and i din know there are so many of you are dog lovers, in case u gals wana arrange for a sunday outing at the Bishan dog run. do let me know, cos i live next to Bishan park ",)

inouvi... in Dnc, u'll probably be knocked out for about 2 hrs before they wake u up. In my Dnc, the injection is into the vein at the back of my palm, I knocked out in abt 5 sec..
should u decide to do it, pls find a gynae whom u can trust. and pls do the mini confinement. take gd care..

inuovi gal,
i just done my d&c 2 weeks ago... same case as you... empty sac (blighted ovumn).
sad.gif

i had GA adminstered into my right hand (back of my palm), within secs i knocked out. after the d&c which my hubby said to be around 20 mins, they already woke me up. but i'm still feeling tired hence bedrest in the clinic for 1 hour+ before i leave.

my gynae also gives me 2 option, wait for natural mc or d&c. but she warned me that natural mc will be quite messy and if heavy bleeding gotta admited to A&E. Hence I opt for d&c.

big hugs... understand how you feeling now. take care!!!!

irene, xuanting, roxyz, and other dog lovers,
happy.gif

after my 2nd mc, my HB and i decided if we cant have kids, we have furkids..
happy.gif
and when we 1st bought our furkid and when i hold her, i feel her heartbeat and felt all better in my heart. i know i am still capable of taking care of a live...our lives are filled with hopes again...my furkid see me thru my 2nd and 3rd mcs...w/o her, i think i will go siao already...these days, we are so busy with furkid's stuff, training, dog shows, dog runs etc we hardly have time to think abt ttc..and guess we r also happier..
happy.gif

irene, i bought tons of maternity wears...spent almost 5oo to 600 bucks on them...now they are all sitting in a drawer...hopefully got chance to wear them again...but if no chance it is ok too...just keep as keepsake..

roxyz, when i mc the 1st time, some consoled me by telling me "its ok, there r ppl who mc once and go on to have a successful bb"..then when i mc twice, another one told me, it is ok, some even mc 3x b4 having a healthy bb. when i mc 3rd time, my fren told me her sis mc 6x and still no bb.....i fainted....i mc 3x liao...and age is catching up...not many mths or years for me to try before factory time's up...sigh...

on multi-vits (pre natal) is it really that effective? i am taking E, C, Folic...good enough? i have problem with swallowing pills..
happy.gif

irene, there is a charity walk coming sat at bishan park...i will be there...maybe can see u there!

inuovi, sorry to hear yr news...must be tough to have to make a decision. my personal view would be to go for a d&c, esp if there is already a sigh of the waterbag deforming (changing shape), there might be infection. But always check w/yr gynea for advice...he should be able to scan and advise. take care.

Hi Inuovi,

Sorry to hear abt your news, do take care. For me, I had a natural miscarriage, I saw the sac, clots and etc (sorry abit gross) here, but the bleeding stops after 6 days, will be seeing my gynae this coming Wed, then see what he says becos I've switch gynae from the previous (abit regret din opt for the latter) haiz...

Hi Applemuffin,

I've 4 buns, Hubby loves dog, tht's why wondering if shd get a dog? Hmm...

Btw, I'm (eternitystar) but got some problem with the login so I hv to recreate another a/c hahahaha :p

hi Irene,apple n ms piggy...

really appreciate wat u all have advised.. No words i can really think of now, except to thank u all n appreciate...

I have yet to make an appt though i noe i will go thru it this wk... cant bring myself to do it... Although its an empty sac n its nt so heartbreaking but test n signs had proved im pregnant. But now...

I got heard of being awake during the 'washing' which i think i really cant take it! Can u all imagine, i dont even have the courage to call up the clinic of my gynae to ask..

Im very glad to have this thread n u all friends out there to give me advise n encouragement..

Really a thousand n millions of thanks to u all gals out there....

hi Mikki,

U take care ya... I noe be it natural m/c or d/c, not easy.. Its a heart breaking thing! May I noe hw many wks r u that time?

Now whenever I saw Preggies ard, my feelgs was like.... envy...many many many more, dont noe hw to put it...although is nt my 1st pregnancy but it still.. If im fortunate enuff, i will be able to have a bb to be held during next yr CNY.. bt its nt fated to be this way...

inuovi gal,
gynae told me that this is just 1 time bad luck... will have no effect for the next pregnancy. and you can start to ttc again after 3 cycle.

hence be strong, after d&c... rest well to build up your health then try again. *hugs*

let's JIA YOU together!

hi inuovi gal
Be strong and know that you are not alone. I am sorry to hear about your loss. My gynae always told me 1 in 6 women miscarriage, and that is excluding chemical pregnancies, it's just that people do not talk about it. So this is probably just 1 time bad luck, like what mspiggy said. We will all hold our babies in our arms one day.
Remember to do mini confinement and rest well after this.

Hi apple
Yes, people always say that and i understand what you mean. But don't give up k? Do not worry about age also. Btw, how old are u if you dun mind saying? I just turned 29 this year.

Ladies, Ive not been taking BBT for past 1 week. It's a good feeling no need to pop thermometer first thing in morning everyday. Hopefully this will relieve e stress of ttc-ing

Hi Inuovi,

I was about 5.5 wks when it happen, apparently when I found myself bleeding I headed straight to the gynae immediately who administer the jab and hormones pills given but after I got home, it became heavier and I know it's gone somehowthe sac/clots started coming out on that day itself
sad.gif
HmmI heard from the sinseh I been to said that for me duphaston is insufficient to sustain it, I would need another kind of hormone jab etchaiz

Like you, sometimes when I see pregnant ladies on the street I was wondering to myself how come I can't be like them? Think I'm suffering from mild depression, whole of last week, I will be ok for a while and in the night I will start crying, throwing temper for no rhythm or reason, luckily hubby was understanding enuf.

Now I feel better le, although sometimes the feeling still comes back to me. Although it ended so early and a fren of mine was telling me that it's only cells at that stage but no matter what the fact remain that I'm pregnant, so I can definitely understand what u are going thruDun think I will want to bring up this matter to any frens anymore, else they will say "U r still young, can still try again" haizI dun want them to start patronising me again

I strike at my first attempt at TTC, so abit upset that things din work the way we wanted it to be, guess we just have to wait for our next miracle le

Jia You Orr ^_^

ms piggy, roxy n mikki,

ya I can be alright this moment bt the next moment I keep on brooding over it.. I think your gynaes quite gd, comfort u dat only 1 out of 6 women m/c..n this time just 1 time bad luck...
Ya i really hope this 1 time is enough le, n of cos all of us here do hope...

Last sat know the bad news n today im still gg back to office bt of course im nt in the right n gd mood...

Hi Inuovi,

Just thought I share my experience with natural miscarriage with you. I only began passing the blood clots and eventually the pregnancy sac three weeks after first diagnosis that foetus has stopped growing at its 6 weeks. The whole episode took about 3 to 4 days. Other than the heavy bleeding which happened at work which was a quite a mess since I had to juggle buying the pregnancy pads to soak them up, running to the toilet every 20 minutes and still pretending all's fine since no colleagues knew, it turned out alright and I did not require a d&c which I was afraid of.

I can fully understand this could be rather traumatic and whether to wait out or not can be a diffult decision to make. Please do take care.

hi all,

jus now i told 1 of my close colleague abt my misfortunate..

i was asked could the foetus outside the womb?
I was scared to death.... but if touch wood, really is, my gynae able to to detect fr the scan rite?

roxyz, i am 34..age is catching up...but no regrets not starting ttc earlier (i seriously start ttc at 32) cos i treasure all the experiences i had w/o kids...

hi applemuffin, can tell you really love your baobei. it's really our fu2 qi4 to meet these lovely little furkids. my first and my current furkids also went through lots of ups and downs with me. the pills can get a pill crusher? but powder form worse wor, more bitter.

inuovi_gal, i think it's such a horrible idea to be awake during the d&c. i don't think any woman should put herself through something like that. imagine reliving the painful episode over and over again. no one deserves that kind of punishment. re the foetus being outside the womb, can ask your gynae to confirm when you see him? is your hubby going to accompany you to doc this week?

bloomsbury, i'm sorry to hear about what happened to you. did you take any home rest at all? the whole thing happening in the office must've been very tough on you.

Hi Xbliss, Xuanting & Step77

Thanks for the concern...TCM mentioned that at least it take 6mths to see results and if I am really fedup with the missing AF, i can proceed to take the western med to induce it as it is immediate result. She did not say for sure if menses will come after 10 sessions of the accupuncture but according to her, the accupuncture is supposed to help blood circulation and work on the hormones.

Be seeing another specialist for second opinion (Western) tomorrow.

Irene, I paid $16 for accupuncture and $10 for consultation. This is excluding the med fee

Dear all,

I just had a D&C this morning, old friends who see me in this thread again, I am really ok. I didn't want to break the news in the Miracle Baby thread coz that is a happy thread.

For those who are deciding to do a D&C, it is not that scary. But then again, this is from me who had gone through a miscarriage at 5 months 2 years ago, n now a D&C. So as compared to the trauma I went thro during my 1st mscarriage, this is really not as bad. For a D&C, u will be put to sleep n when u wake up 1 hour later, the procedure is over. The heart pain will still be there though, esp for those who are going thro the 1st pregnancy.

I understand how some of u feel, on top of the pain, u really wonder if u can ever have a baby at all. This was how I felt aft my 1st miscarriage. But of course u can. My 2nd pregnancy was extremely stressful for me but I am now a proud mother of a 15 month old gal.

WHat I experience recently (Blighted ovum) is disappointing but I believe that will not affect my chances of a successful pregnancy next time.

So do focus your energy on taking good care of yourselves, eat healthily, exercise regularly...prepare your womb for your little ones.

Hugs...everyone

droopy, i was shocked to read of ur post here and is speechless now... really dunno what to type in here..

Juz to say, all the gals there will be happy 2 welcome u back... do pop by to the other thread...

do take good care of ur health now and if u need listening ears, we will all be here for u.. God bless...

droopy, i'm so so sorry for your loss. i didn't expect to see you post here, was waiting for updates from you. still, i'm glad to see you being so postive and i'm sure you will be delivering good news again very soon.

meanwhile, focus your attention on Qi, i'm sure she must be really active and draining your energy now. do pop by to our thread coz we all miss you a great deal esp me ok, you were my preg buddy hor!

Hi xbliss
Me from the twins and mummy thread.. just a note to encourage you to stay positive, rest as much as u can, don't overwork. Let your mind think happy thots. Tell yourself u wl carry them to full-term. How many weeks are u now?
All the best! (fyi I had a mc before my twins came.)

xuanting, yeah i love my furkid berry much..last nite she passed her basic obedience test..i am beaming with joy today..
happy.gif
i guess her presence in our lives helps us forget the unpleasant memories and the uncertainty of the future. For that, i am grateful...

I am still waiting for my 3rd AF to report..no sign yet..though my last AF reported 3rd week in June. Guess it is still a little unstable..I had two AF in June, once 1st week and once 3rd week...anyone experience two AF in a month? Normal?

Hi Xuanting,

Erratic A/F is common after M/C, I thot I stopped bleeding since last wk, but tis morning I discovered that I'm spotting and it's btwn brown/red hmmm...
sad.gif

Anyone with such symptoms??

Back