Support group - Miscarriages

Hi Tubby,

Sorry for not being able to log in early as I was rather busy the past few days. So glad to "hear" that the piece of tissue has dispelled. This means the medicine is taking effect. So, has the spotting stop completely?? Do continue to take more "bu" thing and always be positive. Our time will come, ok.

There is something wrong with my yahoo email address. Can you send to this address :[email protected]?? thanks.

Hi Folic,

So happy that your gynae visit turn out well and you are happy and comfortable with her.Stay positive and you will see your ah dot growing in your next visit.

Hi ladies... its been a busy busy week for me thus didn't have time to log in to read. Hopefully this week will be better.

Folic... good to hear that everything is going well for you. Enjoy your pregnancy.

Tubby... sorry to read what you had went through. But hey.. every cloud has a silver lining... glad that your spotting has stopped. Henceforth everything will be fine ;)

Ocean... so touched to know that you have kept me in your thoughts. I hope that you are doing great. Errmmm... not sure leh... So signs or symptoms so far. I think the chances are pretty low. Guess that I got to try harder next month :p

Hi ladies,

Thanks for enlightenment. It's true that I didn't follow history of the entire thread. You really have a point there and adding to it, it's definitely good to keep this "important helpline" active and ready to give helping hands to any who are in dire needs.

All the best to you and your babies..

hi SSL,
If u want to an ultrasound, why dun you go through a GP first. In my last pregnancy my stomach was also bloated, then my GP press press my stomach and suspected either a bb is there or there are fibriods, so he refered me to do a pelvic ultrascan at Parkway Medical Centre. That's where I discovered abt my pregnancy. Like wat folic said, u can do temp charting and OPK, but if u really wan to reassure yourself that u are indeed ovulating than go to a gynae and he/she will scan to see if your folicles are growing properly.

hi ocean,
So far my spotting stop *cross fingers*. Can I ask why u are doing a triple test? I tot if you are under 35, dun need to do?

hi all,
Seems like my MS is getting better. Recently my appetite is improving, but in the evenings still merlion lar. Maybe becos I'm in my 10th week.

Morning ladies!

How was your weekend?
mine was a lazy one...
laze at home... cuddled up in bed, watching vcds...
kekeke...

glad to hear our preggie friends here are doing well, both mom and baby!
happy.gif

tubby,
how are you?
have you started on your 'bu' program? hee hee

millie and java,
my gynae told me that during our menses, our blood vessels are exposed. hence, any foreign thing (e.g., husband's semen) may cause an infection... maybe, that's why i caught it during my first AF...

hamasaki,
yup, agreed that books on pregnancy are very informative...
but don't overdose yourself with info and get paranoid like me... hee hee...
both my gp and gynae have warned me that as i tend to get worried over small little things... kekeke

hi odie,
don't worry...
as long as you do not see red, there is still a chance!
keep your spirit up, ok!
happy.gif

oh i forgot to tell you all. At first I went to fullerton for high tea, then my hubby's colleagues say the high tea there not attractive, so we went to Goodwood Park Hotel for Dim Sum Buffet. By the time I started eating, it was abt 3.30pm. I was so hungry, but kept quiet coz my hubby's colleagues dunno I pregnant. Very bo hua leh, paid $25 for the meal, wah the restaurant earn like siao. After the meal, I stop myself from vomiting $25 out, coz eat very full. If not waste $$$

Think for the meantime, I won't be going for buffets liao.

Hi java,
Read somewhere that in order to avoid terrible ms, you should avoid oily food leh. You still go and eat dim sum? Aiyo, so oily.
nono.gif
And also avoid eating too filing leh.

Hahaa..
biggrin.gif
<font color="119911">Java</font>, u so funny, can still stop urself from vomiting out the $25.00??? Hmmm... then, u shld eat
125604.gif
and
125605.gif
vomit at the same time. After that, can eat again!!
lame.gif

Hi gals!
happy.gif

I just came back from the visit to the dietitian. It was a good session. I was taught what to eat to control blood sugars. Even though it is normal now, it is good to have a headstart to ensure that I don't run into GD too early.
happy.gif
The amount of food that I can take is also reasonable.. not too little. I was worried that I will be given too much restrictions. But from the discussions, it seems manageable. I mean, I can eat 1 bowl of rice each meal with one portion of meat and unlimited servings of veg. It is not that bad. Just no fried stuff ( this a bit tough for me ;)) and no desserts and stuff (which is fine for me, since I don't have sweet tooth).

Java, hahaha I know what you mean about throwing up expensive meals. That was why I minimise expensieve meals these days
happy.gif

Jus, good to see you know how to warn Hamasaki not to get 'overdose' of information!
happy.gif
Not only your GP and gynae warn you, you also got warning from me ah!!
happy.gif

Hi to everyone else, no time to write more liao.. need to clear backlog cos I missing from office the whole morning!

folic

gals,
maybe becos i've been spotting for soooo long, dis 2 days i visit the toilet, still got phobia dat i'll see red...
sad.gif
like i'll still monitor my urine flow to see whether got red anot, then wipe myself STILL EXPECTING to see red... aiyoo, i really hope i'll cross dis psychological barrier soon....

hi folic,
my spotting really stopped liao...
happy.gif
1st 2 days after the tissue came off, i got lotsa EWCM... then now i am hving those creamy discharges... althou i'll tell myself i can't rush for AF to visit me, but still can't help but wish dat AF will come soon...

hi java, jus &amp; Tiny,
i oso dunno how to describe dat pc of tissue lah.. never saw raw chicken lungs be4... but definitely dun look like pigs' liver... i hope i dun see anymore of it when my 1st AF comes...

jus, bai feng wan shd be taken when AF comes is it? my sis gave me a box, but i dunno when exactly i shd start taking? pls advise...

Tiny, u r so rite!! from the veri first day i posted here after D&amp;C, u gals made me feel dat i am not going thru' dis ordeal alone, at every stage, there'll be someone out there who understands wat i'm facing... it does makes the journey alot more easier.. until now, i still find it difficult to tok abt it to my frens...

hey miao,
i find dat u r a veri strong women as well.. we went thru' the ordeal at ard the same time, but u r always the one encouraging me... u r my 'idol' now leh...
happy.gif
i'll be cheering u on when u start TTC-ing...

hi millie,
jus a pt to note.. there's 2 O&amp;G clinics on 7th level, they r directly opposite each other.. my gynae's clinic is on the left hand side when u walk from the lift lobby... i dunno whether he has other clinic anot, there's no mention of it in his name card...
i remember i cried veri badly during my pregnancy whenever spotting increased or during the episode of bleeding as well.. it's still quite vivid in my mind... i will let time do the healing for me..

hi Ocean,
my overall emotions r better than last week
happy.gif
hope it continues to get better in the coming weeks... i luurrvvve reading ur postings wif all the cute icons.. it jus makes my DAY
happy.gif
*BIG HUGZ* to u as u r approaching ur 2nd trimester dis week...

hi tiantian,
i've jus resent to ur new email address...
happy.gif

&amp; yes, our time will come... *hugz*

hi Odie,
somehow, the fact dat i can see &amp; feel the tissue &amp; seeing it coming off marks an end to my pregnancy.. althou it's difficult when i first saw it, but after dat nite, my mindset has changed.. i dunno how to put it.. but for me, dat's really a closure liao...
happy.gif

hi jus,
i hvn't start my 'bu' program yet.. cos i just finished my antibiotics last nite.. think i will remind my mum later again...

hi folic,

Glad to hear that your visit to the dietician went well...
lucky you do not have s sweet tooth...
otherwise, difficult to go without dessert...
happy.gif

Hi tubby,
actually i m not too sure of how to eat the bai feng wan...
folic may be in a better position to tell, since she took them previously...
but i heard that some girls take them right after menses...
i would let you after i ask the salesperson at eu yan sang
am planning to get them tonight...
happy.gif

<font color="0000ff">Miao</font>, u noe, when i in GuanYin Temple last Saturday, i was praying
125635.gif
for u all. Then, i dun noe how to say who are all of u, so i told Guanyin Buddha to look over for my friends in this forum support group.
happy.gif

Hehee..
biggrin.gif
Glad to learn that u are intending to try after ur next cycle.
lol.gif
Actually, i felt very excited
125636.gif
once i know that my buddies
125637.gif
here are going to ttc!!
happy.gif

<font color="ff6000">Odie</font>, like wat <font color="aa00aa">Jus</font> said, no <font color="ff0000">Red</font> meant got chance!!
125638.gif

<font color="119911">SSL</font>, maybe u can go polyclinic to get a referral letter to KK. So when u see the doc at KK, it would be a subsidised rate. Are u suspecting that u are pregnant?
happy.gif

<font color="0077aa">Tubby</font>, i really feel so happy for you!
125639.gif
I can feel that u r getting stronger as days passby and moving on.
rofl.gif
Yes, i'll be moving on to 2nd trimester soon. Sort of looking forward too as it is one stage clear...
happy.gif

<font color="ffff00">Java</font>, it is true that for women who r lesser than 35, chances of down sydromme is lower. But there is still a risk.
125640.gif
Anyway, as the tripple test is only takin my blood sample to see whether if i am high risk or not, i had decided to take it. It cost abt S$29 if i remembered correctly. Coupled with this and the neck measurement of BB, together with detailed scan, will give us a better possibility of the risk!
happy.gif

Hi tubby,
Me too. I also find Ocean's cartoon very cute.

Oh. Well, I do feel very very sad when I know that I've lost my precious. I start to blame myself also.. but as time goes by, the thoughts slowly drift away. I keep reminding myself everyday that tomorrow will be better. I tell myself that the others can do it, so can I.
125651.gif

So don't worry. We will encourage one another everyday hor.. You have all of us here to push one another forward. okie!
happy.gif

Hi gals,

I have been in meetings all afternoon till now. Feel slightly giddy.

tubby, You can take BFW after your menses clear. The direction is to take it once a week till the next menses. However, I only take 1 bottle after menses cleared, that's all. Some of the other girls took till they think they have ovulated (so maybe 2-3 bottles). Since you see some EWCM, it is likely that your menses will come around 2 weeks time? Good luck!

folic

Hi gals
CAN I join in?
I am new over here.
I am now hoping to try again for a baby.
So can anyone of you gals recommend me a good gynae?
Is Chan KH a good one?
Thankyou

Hi gals,

I am so happy today becos my 2nd AF finally came after "absent" for more than 60 days. Not sure if it is due to the chinese medicine that I took last week.

Just to check with you gals. The AF flow this time is very different. It is very bright red in colour and looks more like bloody red mucus. It is very thick (sorry for being so gross) It does not look like the normal blood flow I got every month. Any one experience this b4?

Hi Tubby,

I rec'd your mail. Thanks.

Hi Jane,

Welcome! Dr Chan KH is from Gleneagles right? My fren went to him previously and found him good. His charges are reasonable too, I think. There might be discussion thread somewhere in the motherhood side.. YOu might want to do a check. I am currently seeing Dr Thong at Raffles Hospital and she is also very nice and experienced.

Hi Tiantian, glad to hear that your AF is here. I think I get some of that kind of flow before.. not just after miscarriage. Don't think there is any cause for alarm.. unless the bleeding is prolonged and heavy.
happy.gif
Take care!!

folic

Hi Jane,

I think it is about the same as Gleneagles, if not cheaper. My previous gynae is from Gleneages. Her charges are definitely higher than my current gynae. I think there is a package of $2000 from week 12 onwards. I will share more info when I find out more.
happy.gif

folic

Hi jus and folic,

Well, its true that my eyes are stuck on those pregnancy books.. All becoz I want to be ready prepared for my next pregnancy coz I do not have any idea how to take extra care and build up my womb and health of my body before, during and after pregnancy.. Just want to make sure that it will not result in another miscarriage..

At least read up on those info will give me more insight and knowledge and will also prepared me for the next pregnancy.. Will not be a sotong who knows nothing at all.. I does not want to depend on others to provide me with so many info.. AT least I know a bit (at least the basic one) better than knowing nuts at all..

Hi jane,

You're most welcome to join us.. I think Chan KH fees are a bit too high.. So i will not be going there again..

Will try to look for other reasonable clinics and I have even consider going to SGH for check ups in future.. Will give tham a ring to check of their prices one day..

Hi folic, Java, Ocean

No, i cant be pregnant cos i'm having my AF now. But tummy always very bloated and big
sad.gif

I was diagnosed as having blood cyst by gynae before and having some problems on endometriosis. Read this article on my case (very similar). So not sure if i should go for another Ultrasound to see if my condition is worsen or what??

http://www.mygynae.com.sg/endometriosis.htm

If i choose to take the temperature, does it mean that a rise and then fall in temperature determines that ovulation is over? so when will i know ovulation is going to approach??

My inner body is pretty weak so sometimes will have those whitish discharge (Bai2 Dai4)

I went for blood test before TTC. Thats why i had to take Rubella and Hep B jabs before i start TTC.

Hi ladies,

Sorry to interrupt your discussions. I'm from the other thread and still struggling to conceive. I've just visited my gynae last sat and he suggested that i do a D&amp;C cos he suspects I have polyps which probably may have caused my abnormal bleedings between periods since my teens.

If it's ok for you gals to share with me on your experience with D&amp;C, i would like to find out:

1) How many hours later did you wake up from the surgery?
2) Should i expect vomitting and nauseousness?
3) How many days did it take you to recover from the surgery? Is it painful? Cos i'll be given only 2 days MC.
4) How long are we supposed to abstain from sex and other activities like swimming?
5) How much did it cost you? I'm charged $700++ inclusive of sending the tissue for diagnosis.
6) Did you give any excuse when you submit your MC to company bearing your gynae's clinic name? I'm thinking how to be discreet about it.

Appreciate your replies.

Hello Shuin,
No problem, we're always willing to share our experiences here...
1. I was awake immediately after surgery, and could help myself from the stretcher onto the hospital bed. But fell in and out of sleep for about two hours after. Couldn't sleep right through because the lady in the bed next to mine was snoring so loudly!!!
2. Didn't have any vomitting or nausea or dizziness at all.
3. There was no pain at all. You'll just have bleeding like a period, that's all. The next day I felt physically fine. Just very empty in my womb, that's all.
sad.gif

4. I read that you should abstain from sex as long as you are bleeding, so as to prevent infection. It's probably the same for swimming.
5. Mine was $1,000-plus.
6. Didn't have MC because I am not working. You could just say that you had surgery to remove polyps? Maybe the other girls can help you out with this.

Will removing polyps help you to concieve? You mentioned that your gyane *suspects* that you have polyps. Maybe you might want to ask him to check to confirm first before you go for the d/c? All the best on your baby-making!
happy.gif

Hi Tubby,
Yay!!! You sound much much better!
happy.gif
happy.gif
happy.gif
I am also having the discharge still. Hope for both you and me to report 1st AF soon! *praying*

Hi SSL,
There is a lot of info about temp charting on fertility friend. You can probably find the info you need there. Here's the link: http://www.fertilityfriend.com/

Hi Jane,
Welcome!
happy.gif

Hi ladies
Thks for the warm welcome!
Actually I am very timid as I did not do any further checkup on my body after I had a chemical pregnancy.
But now I wanted to consult a gynae that will be more pathetic towards my timidness (HA HA)

Morning ladies,

Hi tubby,

I just bought the bai feng wan yesterday
Didnt know that it would be quite exp
$43 for half a dozen
I have checked with the salesperson, she said to take a bottle 3 days after your menses ends; thereafter a bottle every week. But to stop when menses arrives
I think I would take 2 bottles a month
One after the menses and another about 2 weeks later
Guess should be ok

Hi tian tian,
Glad to hear that your AF is here
happy.gif

My second AF is also kind of mucous-y but not as much as my first AF
I supposed its pretty normal

Hi hamasaki,
Yup, guess we should equipped ourselves with a certain level of pregnancy knowledge so that we would be able to avoid things that are harmful to our babies

Welcome, Jane!
I am not too sure about Dr Chan
But, I m with Dr Brenda Low at TMC
Shes pretty patient and thorough in her consultation
Do let me know if you need her contact
Charges-wise guess its about there for private clinics

Hi shuin,

1) I was woken my the nurse right after the surgery
still very groggy, then
slept for another 2-3 hours before leaving for home
I exp bad dizziness as I lost quite a bit of blood

2) nope, no vomiting nor nausea
But, some actually vomited due to the GA
Just follow your gynaes instructions and dont eat from 10 pm onwards if your operation is sch in the morning

3) well, physically-wise, about a few days after the surgery (mine took longer as my surgery was more complicated and due to lost of blood)
emotionally-wise, took much much longer to heal
I was given 3 weeks hospitalization leave
You might want to take about one week or so

4) my gynae advised us to abstain till after the first AF

5) as mine is not a typical D&amp;C, my charges were much higher
about 3K for the surgery and hospitalization (mine was not a day-surgery)

6) for my case, my colleagues and bosses knew about it cos I was 4 months pregnant then
I m not too sure how you would like to go about it

Hope this helps!

Hi SSL,

I am not sure how to advise you. I think it would be better for you to see a gynae to make sure that things are ok, since you have previously been suspected of having endometriosis. At least, that will give you some peace of mind and you can start to TTC without worrying what's wrong.

As for the temping, you shoudl go to the site which jujube pointed out. It has lots of info under the charting FAQ and handbook. Charting will not predict when you are ovulating but will give u and estimate. You will only know if you have ovulated after the temp has risen. However, if you chart over several months, you will start to see a pattern and can guage the ovulation dates better.

Shuin, My experience with D&amp;C is pretty similar to what the others have described, so I will not elaborate. My new gynae is at Raffles Hospital. I find that one good thing about their invoices is that it does not state which dept you are visiting. Eg, it will only say consultation, surgical/medical procedure for the u/s etc. So mebbe you ask your doc to give less descriptive description on the bill. There are many reasons why one goes to a gynae anyway. So if people ask, you can just say it is a general checkup.

folic

folic

Hi Folic and Jus,

Thanks for assuring that the mucus-like menses flow is normal.

Would like to share with you gals what my chinese sinseh has told me yesterday. She says women who are ttc'ing should avoid green beans and barley drink as these 2 items are very 'liang' and may cos m/c should you get pregnant.

For chinese herbs, avoild 'dong chong chow' as this is a 'bu yang'medicine for men. Another sinseh from Tong Chai also told me the same thing abt 'dong chong chow'.

So ladies, if you are ttc-ing remember to avoid the above.

Hi Shuin,

I did 2 D&amp;C b4, one to remove polyps and the other one is due to m/c. The first one is similar to your case, i.e gynae suspects I have polyps due to spotting in b/w menses. To answer yr questions :

1) I woke up almost imediately
2) No vomitting, in fact feeling hungry cos no food for more than 12 hours liao
3) I was given 3 days MC for 1st case and 1 week for 2nd case
4) doc only advise sex after bleeding stop for 1st case but for 2nd case, I wait for 1st AF to come first.
5) I was charges $1000 plus both time

If you still have doubts, it's best to check with your gynae.

Take care.

Hi Shiun

1) Depending on what kind of anaesthetic you are give. It will be faster for local than GA. I can't stand pain so was given GA, I gain conscious almost immediately after the surgery end. But I lie for half an hr before attempting to get up.

2) The clinic nurse said some ladies will vomit. She prepared a kidney shape dish and tissues for me, but luckily I don't have to use it.

3) It isn't painful for me, but I felt very weak.

4) i suppose it is ok if you feel you are physically well, but we wait for a month

5) My gynae charge me $450. I'm not sure if mygynae sent samples for analysis/

6) I think HR has the responsibility to keep all the MC confidential. For me, it is impossible to be discreet. Almost everybody knew about my pregnancy and since I was given one week MC, the smarter colleagues would have guess what happen.

For that reason, we have decided when I get pregnant again, we will keep it a secret until the pregnancy is stabilized.

Hi ladies,
Does anyone of you have very long first AF?
Mine lasted for 2 weeks. I got so worried that I went back to gynae for checkup. The blood was clearning off though and I was given clean bill of health. Now I still have some spotting.

Notice that cycle went all haywire. Any advice on how to plan for ttc? I'm thinking of starting after 2nd AF.

Jujube and tubby, hope your first AF will come soon.

Ocean, so nice of you to pray for us. Guanyin niang niang will also bless you for a smooth pregnancy. You have all our mental support
happy.gif

125876.gif
<font color="aa00aa">Jane</font>! Er... but i feel quite funny welcoming you here if you know what i meant!
uhoh.gif
But then, since things already happened, we'll support each other!

Sigh... it's lunch time again!
125877.gif
Dun noe wat to eat... Quite tired and stressed up at work cos boss is stretching our workload.
sad.gif

<font color="119911">SSL</font>, if u still dun feel right and afraid that the fees is higher, suggest u go polyclinic and ask for referral to KK as polyclinic dun have the u/s scan. Under subsidised rate, it is really cheaper.

<font color="ff6000">Shuin</font>, to answer your qn:-
<font color="0000ff">1) Think i woke up just few minutes after the surgery. I think for different individuals, most woke up at most is after half an hour cos i saw that the gals from my other bed, one of them woke up later.

2) i dun have have any vomitting and nauseousness. Just very hungry &amp; thirsty cos my operation was delayed due to loss of file and i din eat for almost 22hrs. After the operation, i managed to eat some food. Oh, maybe the vomitting and nauseous that pple told u was due to hungerness...
lame.gif

3) I dun feel anything after operation. But the next day, i had slight pain b4 i was discharged. I was given 1 wk hospitalised leave. But 3 days later, i went back and discovered blood clot in my womb. Was given another 3 days MC. Total i rest for 2 wks whereby i had my mini confinement too!
happy.gif

4) For me, only started to BD after 1st AF arrived cos scared of infection. You should not do any form of excercise when u r still <font color="ff0000">spotting</font>!

5) My total bill b4 subsidised is abt $1000++ and i stayed in KK for 2nites at the 6-beded (non aircon) ward. Cost included U/S, ward, operation and the special antibody that i took for my heart, but dun think there is any dignosis on the lost BB.
sad.gif
After sub, i pay abt $400++ from medisave.

6) My company was not aware of my pregnancy at all untill i told them i was hospitalised. Had no choice but to tell them i got a M/C. At least they are more understanding. But my dept are very nice as they only told the HR and close collegues who happened to ask abt me. For your case, suggest u just tell them that it is woman problem. That is what i tell my not so close collegues. you know lah, women got lots of problem one!
lame.gif
</font>

Hope the above helps!
happy.gif

Hi ladies,
Thank you so much for sharing and your advices.

Hi jujube,
I'm not sure if removing polyps will help me concieve or stop my abnormal bleedings between periods. But since i have this bugging problem since my teens and have been TTC-ing for some time already, i think i'll just go ahead with the surgery.

Actually, he's the 2nd gynae who suspect that i have polyps but both of them couldnt see anything from CD2 scans when the uterine lining is thin (hence easier to see). But funny thing is that both of them saw that my uterine lining is bumpy during the 2ww (when the lining is thick).

hi tiantian,
you also used to have spotting between periods? are they usually before or after O? did your mid-cycle bleeding stop after d&amp;c? how did your gynae determine that you have polyps? did gynae ask you to skip that cycle for ttc-ing? was your O late that cycle? wat excuse did you give company the other time?

sorry for the long list of questions
embarrassed.gif

<font color="119911">Tian tian</font>, for the 'dong chong chow', i was told by gynae not to eat during pregnancy as the content of the herbs is not tested and thus not known. Din noe that this is not good even when u r ttc-ing.

<font color="aa00aa">Jus</font>, i thot u r taking the herbs from Chinese Sinseh? Then, why do u still need to take Bai Feng Wan?
uhoh.gif
I quite scared u have overdose leh!! Wait too heaty hor? Must drink more water hor!!

<font color="0000ff">Pageup</font>, no lah!
blush.gif
I din really do anything. I think the feeling is mutual.
happy.gif
All of us here would like everybody here to be healthy and subsequently get preggie and then deliver a healthy BB.
125913.gif
The feeling is so strong as we had been "there" before. There is a connection loh
125914.gif
as what the western like to say!
biggrin.gif

Hi pageup,

I did not have exceptionally long first AF...
but i rem my gynae telling me that first AF normally differs from a normal AF...

Hi ocean,
yup, taking the herbs from the sinseh...
but, mine is not those in pill form.. instead, they are in the raw form
in fact, i have to plant some of those herbs (cos quite difficult to get in Singapore)
she did not tell me to exclude other things leh...
just told me that if i found mysalf too heaty, then stop some of those herbs temporarily...
moreover, those herbs were supposed to strenghten the womb and 'bu' blood
hence, i m taking other things such as the bai feng wan, bat zhen to supplement the herbs, to regulate my menses...
yup... am drinking more water now...

how about yourself?
how are you feeling?
going to be end of your first trimester!
happy for you!
happy.gif

Hi Shuin,

I hv prolonged menses that last for at least 2 weeks. The 1st few days I have normal flow but fr the 5th days onward, I will hv brown stain for another week or so. AND, one week b4 my next menses, I started having the brown stain again, which means to say, I am wearing a pad almost every day!!!!

I have this problem for quite a few years liao and the gynae say the only way to check is to do a D&amp;C to check for polyps. But sad to say even after the D&amp;C to remove the polyps, I am still having mid cycle spotting. I also have adenomyosis (a kind of fibroid) and endometriotic cysts which can oso cause the prolonged spotting.

Consulted 2 gynaes and both ask me to go for surgery to remove them as my chances of conceiving with these conditions will be VERY VERY LOW. But even with surgery, some good eggs will be destroyed and oso need to go for hormonal jab for at least 6 months.

I did not go for the op and got pregnant miraculously in Apr but the happiness lasted for one month only as I had a m/c in May.

Both times, I only tell my HR I had a day sugery for some woman's problem.

Hope I have answered all your questions.

Hi Jus,

My sinseh told me if you are already taking chinese herbs, it is not necessary to take BFW or bat zhen as most chinese herbs will hv these ingredients. Taking too much may be too heaty for you and it is oso no good to over 'bu'

Hi tiantian,

Thanks for your prompt response. Do you have an email account which is convenient for me to email you? Cos I would like to discuss more about our conditions and dont think it's nice to hog up the thread.

hi jujube,folic, Ocean,

Thanks for all your concerns.

I knew about the site that jujube mentioned. will probably visit the polyclinic to get a referral letter to KK for U/S.

<font color="ff6000">SSL</font>, good luck! Just to let u know, polyclinic waiting time can be long. Try not to go on Monday... Queue is always the longest!
happy.gif

<font color="aa00aa">Jus</font>, SEE! <font color="119911">Tiantian</font> also said no need to take so much BFW.
happy.gif
Maybe if u really wanna "pu", try to take lesser dosage.
lame.gif

Hi tian tian and ocean,

Guess I am too over-enthusiastic about bu-ing
Kekeke
happy.gif

Previously, I never really take care of my body and am quite lazy to take all those bu things
Now, taking too much hee hee

Think Ill just take half a bottle after my menses since I have already bought them

Anyway, those herbs given by my sinseh are not those conventional type (i.e., not ready packed, nor are they in pill form)
So, I guess there would not really be duplicates in the BFW

Hi ladies,

It's me again.. I understand that some of you are seeing chinese physicians to rebuild your health. Some of the gals at the other thread were suggesting to me that maybe I should consider seeing one to take some herbs after my D&amp;C.

Can you gals share with me the contacts of your chinese physician? And you gals communicate fully in chinese with them? I'm ok with mandarin, just that i dunno how to explain polyps and D&amp;C and some other conditions in chinese leh.

hi folic,
glad dat ur dietician was able to give u veri good advices on ur food intake.. now jus hv to kwai kwai follow instructions &amp; enjoy ur pregnancy.. *hugz* &amp; thks for the advice on bai feng wan...

hi jujube,
take 3 bottles at 1 go after AF is it? won't it be veri heaty then? i think i'll take 1 bottle each week after AF clears until the nix AF comes.. so during ovulation still can take rite?

ladies,
i went for my review today.. according to the scan, i am ovulating veri soon.. either today or tomoro.. my egg measures at 22mm.. i dint know egg is so big one leh... gynae says the egg is good... but hor, she notice dat my menstrual lining is thin.. she says cld be due to the D&amp;C or the prolonged spotting... my 1st AF would be in 2 weeks' time...

she did say dat thin menstrual lining cld be the cause of miscarriage.. if i'm really worried, i cld go for a scan on my O-day when i'm ready to try again...

i am now puzzled.. all dis while i tot CM is quite a good gauge of O-day... but hor, i am hving creamy/sticky discharges now.. &amp; yet its supposed to be our O-day... i hope it's jus a case of my body readjusting to normality for dis cycle...
happy.gif

Hi Shuin,

Don't worry, most chinese sinseh are bilingual, they understand medical terms in english.
I visited tengah chinese medical hall
Add blk 134, bukit batok west ave 6 #01-449
tel: 65636507
they open from wed to sun, 8am to 4pm.

I just finished my 40 days "confinement herbs". May want to go back follow up check to see if there is any improvement of my 'energy' and 'blood'.
Some other ladies here visited the chinese sinseh at balestiar. Think they have positive feedback too.

Hi tubby,
I think your AF will be here soon. I also have creamy discharge a week before AF.
I guess our body is still trying hard to adjust back to normal, so must try not to be alarm by any unusuality lor.

Hi Shuin,

The chinese sinseh is a he.
He is recommended by my neighbor who has history of recurrent miscarriage. We witnessed her success in conceiving and delivering a healthy baby girl after taking the herbal mix he prescribed for her.
I wasn't sure if that is a miracle cure or pure coincidence, but I decided to give him a try since taking these chinese herbs will likely have more benefits than harm to health
happy.gif

Hi Tubby,
Good to know that yr review went well and that yr AF will be visiting you soon.
wink.gif
So you don't worry too much liao ok. In no time, your cycles will be back to normal hor!
126430.gif

For my AF, it came to visit me on 17/7/04 then ended on 25/7/04. The first 3.5 days was kind of heavier than normal, then brown discharged followed by light spotting. 2 days after end, I took one bottle of BFW - my colleague advise me to take it once a week until the next AF come. So bought 1 box of 6 bottles the other day - rather expensive leh! S$43.30 less 7% disc = S$40.27. Ha! Ha! "reimburse" the cost from my hubby.
proud.gif

Remember I told you that I had yeast infection after my D&amp;C? I was actually rather worried about it so has scheduled a pap smear test next monday. I just wanted to be sure that I'm alright before I start TTC again.

Hi pageup, tiantian &amp; jujube,
Happy that everybody is coping fine. Wish you all the best okie!!
126431.gif
Something about taking chinese herbs for 'bu-ing' the body hor - my mum say cannot eat radish/carrots/"cai bor" for the next 12hrs bec it will sort of offset the effects of the 'bu' so will be wasted. Also must avoid coffee or tea hor.

yawn.gif
Ok, gotta get to bed oredi. Sweet dreams everybody!!

Hi everyone!
happy.gif

Hope everyone is feeling ok.

Tubby, glad to hear that your visit to the doc went well. At least you can see that you are ovulating.
happy.gif

pageup, you so steady.. actually finish 40 days of confinement herbs. I take those confinement food for 2 weeks plus already give up liao!
happy.gif

jus, remember huh!! everything must be JUS nice then can liao! MODERATION ok?
happy.gif

btw, I got my new car yesterday!
happy.gif
So happy to drive a 'high high car'
happy.gif
Actually, I didnt drive lah.. my hubby did. I will drive out during lunch time later!
happy.gif

folic

Hi Ladies,

Good morning. This thread seems to be quite quiet lately. "seen" all the MTBs chating at the other threads liao. Actually, also good lah, don't want this thread to have too many new members. Hope every one here will be upgraded to MTB soon.

Hi Miao2,

Tks, I am coping well. today is CD04. My mum also say the same thing abt radish/carrots/"cai bor. You too, must take care.

Hi Folic,

Wow, NEW CAR!!!! don't drive too fast hor..... How's your ms now?? Feeling better??

Hi Pageup,

I also very "pei fu" you. 40 days of confinement herbs!! So when do you intend to start TTC again??

Hi tubby,

Good to know that you are ovaluating soon. That's mean your womb is back to normal liao. Be positive, ok...

Back