Support group - Miscarriages

hi rivernile,
thanks for the detailed explanation
happy.gif
u reali know a lot.
May i know how much did u pay for the chomosomal test?

Hi avocado,
sorry to reply late, i'm busy rushing work after more than 2 wks away from work during mc. oh i'm seeing Dr Ho , a pte clinic at Mt E tomorrow for a scan. i hope he will scan for me cos i only seen him once & sat busy day i'm afraid he will say no need to scan.

Babydream,
i'm see Dr Ng Ying Woo from NUH, but actually i'm subsidy case so i don't stick to him. Just that he operated my blood cyst so i requested for him to do a follow up after i got preg then when i missed mc i also asked for him at A&E. NUH no scanning after mc.. my next scan is for my cyst, in march.. hope it dont come back so soon..

I'm really shocked so many of us missed mc actually.. anybody found any special reason? doc always say it's a unhealthy one dunno how true.. i still think it's my stress & still pondering how to ctrl my stress. oh yes i bought new books and games to play and prob when i'm better i will then see what social work i can do.. too much shock and wound on my production factory so i guess i gotta quarantine no tcc till at least june. trying to take more tonic but feel rather heaty. have not been having my favorite chilli food and reduce fried food to prevent myself from getting sick from overheat.

pinpong, yokoh,
we almost do D&C at the same 8 wks... sigh precisely, everyone merry xmas & happy new year here & there and i thought it was the worse year i had.. i was at home and when my brother-in-law family come, i'll hide in room for hours.. sigh but well thanks to all these PH got more rest and my manager actually talk to me alot.. my crying spells r gone. i hope you all are having enough rest too. what's gone is gone... my MIL go to temple to get monks to pray lor.

Pinpong my hb also still very down and he told my MIL that he cant cry in front of me cant talk about it cos i very teary. to be honest after 2 mc i really really hope to giv him a child he likes kid alot and is a big kid himself.. i did learnt that his support & protection mk me felt very warmth & lucky in a sense.

we planning for a short trip in two weeks time , our wedding anniversary.. it's a bad year, but i agree that we have to look forward and keep the romances alive. like rivernile they all recommend, try some do hobbies get distracted lor. cant help thinking that i was happy planning to announce my preg during CNY and now i don't wanna go relative house, i hate pple asking me when r we having kids. so pissed... take care everyone.. let's hope for the better to come.

Rivernile,

Thank you. It is alright. I am not well-informed on the immunology too. As there are many scientific terms that seem so profound. But it seem that most of time if we don’t know, and we didn’t ask the doctor, they might sometime forget to mention to us. It is very frustrating. How much did you paid for your chromosomal test? Did you test on the fetus as well? My doc did ask me to check if I want, but was too distress to do much that time. Kind of regretted it now.

Createjoy,

I think it is a standard procedure for NUH. No scanning after MC unless complication set in later. Don’t think about the March scan, take care of your health.

So far the answer I got from my Doc for missed m/c is purely unhealthy fetus which is an insufficient explanation. Because I was thinking, since NUH is a medical training school, there are so many professors, research been done and there is no one telling me why it is unhealthy and what I can do to prevent it from happen again.

I do agree that stress might play a part in my case too. When I was preg, I was constantly in panic, easily frighten etc. And from TCM point of view this is unhealthy for the body. Even after the M/C, when I went to see my Chinese doc, she keeps talking to me to make me relax and accordingly to her my pulse is showing that I am very stress and is not letting go and this will hinder my recovery.

So it is impt that we must stay relax. I am working on this too now.

yokoh,

Sorry for the loss. Please take care. Sometime as we didnt informed friends/relatives about preg, and when we lose it, it is even harder to break the news esp over festive. Thus they might have put some salt on our wound unknowingly. But i believe if they know, they will shown concern to you.

I put on quite alot of weight and when friends and relative saw me, they thought i am preg when i just has an operation before i can even PA about it.
sad.gif
I just take it as part of emotional obstacles which i have to overcome now. Up to now, i have not really dare to go out for gathering without my HB around.

hi creatjoy,
i can understand how u feel.Ever since my D&C which done last thursday, i always pondering why i've MC. I surf net,read books to find out the answers.

I try hard to tink positively.Worst still,i am stay at home mum. I quit my job when i was 2wk preggie.tinking to stay at hme to tak care my son,spend more time wf him b4 the 2nd one is born.

i ever read abt carrying heavy stuff during the implanation may cause miscarriage.And i did carried a printer(bcoz we shifted to the new office) the few days after i conceived.but at that time, i didn't know i've preggie.

Other than that, I was oso quite stressed out wf my job(nid to hang over lots of things b4 last day), looked for maid, doing hsework...etc

Somehow,during this preggie,don't know why i encountered so many bad things.Firstly,i went to c this gynae which recommended by my frd.He refused to do the scan for me bcoz i was only 1mth preggie.Then he said:"Most pregnancies end up M/C, so no point doing a scan now"

Secondly,i called up Perm confinement agency to find out abt the confinement nanny.The agent kept calling me & trying to convince me to sign up the package.Then the agent kept saying:"U can sign up the package now, in case u've any M/C or illness, we'll give u full refund"

Thirdly,i did an interview wf this maid.She told me she had M/C when she first started to work in sg.

it was a series of unlucky events. unlike my 1st pregnancy, i didn't hear abt this kinda thingie.

ya u r rite, u shld refrain urself eating oily & spicy food. Ginger will not cause heatiness.In fact, i find myself feel beta after taking all the food which prepared wf ginger.

hi babydream,
may i know which TCM did u go?

Actuali, sometimes,after i tink again...in this world, there r lots of things which happened without explanation.For e.g. the doctor who died in his sleep.Also,ppl who died from unknown illness(yet they r healthy).

after some times, now, One week after my D&C, i learn to let go bit by bit.If it is not fated to be urs, then not yours. In buddhist,this is called karma.Our babies just chose not be with us.

Even if we found out the answers,the causes,we did our best to prevent,but at the end,we stress out ourselves to try hard to prevent the bad things happen, izzn't it add up more stress to us if we bcome more paranoid?

Rather than focusing on my M/C, now i am trying hard to focus on my hb,my son,my mum,and ppl who i care. I try to divert my attn & learn to appreciate the things I've.

to be frank, i hate to count down to another 2 to 3mth to start TTC again.In the past,i found the times went so fast, esp,when i was working,kept rushing for projects.Now I am here,staying at hme,doing nothing much.Can't even tak care my son bcoz i try not to move ard until my bleeding stops.

hi rivernile,
My TCM contact is Chew Say Yeow from Eu Yan Sang, Tampines st 21 blk 201D #01-1139. Tel 67836911. Called up to check his working time. By looking at his certs on the wall, i think he is a senior doc there.
He didnt insist, but just everytime say see you in 1 weeks time. I stop seeing him after he said my health imrpoved. Actually I wanted to see him again when I confirmed preg, but my gynae said no need.
Just a few more days is my next appointmt with gynae, I so scared to see no hb. I try not to put too much feeling towards this bb now, just in case...

girls, I think mine last MC also termed miss abortion. cos same thing the sac didnt really grow accordingly to chart. During that time I kept saying my ovulation was late so their charting not accurate!

hi gals, i suffer another shocking news today after my checkup... lucky i went to pte doc for scan.. the doc found i found a new blood cyst 3.7cm. i couldn't believe it could grow so fast! in dec when i scan for bb there is nothing!

doc say do another scan when my mense come to cofirm that is not egg. i think not very hopeful.. how could the egg be so big must be cyst. but i only had a mense and then misc, not many cycles aft lapr why would it grow so fast so sudden.. i only had dong cong cao & my sinseh say it's alright. i read endo increase chance of misc & i had 2 misc + new cyst.. i'm thinking of resting at least 6mth before tcc but i don't if the cyst can wait and how will it affect the bb. and now i feeling backpain same as after 1st misc where during lapro doc say small cyst already rupture i wonder if it's already rupture now..

i'm thinking if my cyst is cfm shd i go another lapro to remove it or just tk medi stop mense till end of the year when i want to tcc.. but i'm not sure if i shd try again.. i really scare of getting preg, was very stress. and when it's gone, i was so depress.. i don't how to go thru it again and really scare.. really scare i cant have a bb like anyone else.. i really wanted a bb of my own for my hubby..
sad.gif

hi mommies,

i just had a miscarriage which started with bleeding on the 4th of january. i was 6 weeks pregnant.

i wonder whether all of you experience what i'm experiencing now.

i'm on antibiotics called co-amoxiclav.

around the time i started to feel pregnant, i felt bloated and was burping all the time.

now i still feel bloated and am burping a lot still. i also feel nauseaus now. is this a side-effect of the antibiotics?

i was discharged from hospital early this afternoon but i didnt feel nauseaus until i got home.

any of you experience the same thing?

ps: i hope none of you are offended by the term mommies. i believe that all of us are mommies, even if it were only for a few weeks.

Hi Naddy,
did you undergo DNC or a natural abortion?
nauseous and preg symptom existing still despite loss of bb is accounted by residual hormone level in our body.

mine a natural abortion, and i continued with pregnant symptom for two weeks plus till HCG level dipp and confirm to be zero.

check with your gynae on the anitbiotics part if you have doubts.

Create joy,
avoid also bean and soy beans products, red dates, gou qi zi etc - any herbs or food that induce blood growth as it will lead to cysts growth.

Hopefully,
not advisable to see TCM if you are preg leh, at least not for first three months.
coz the TCM med might affect your hcg level etc.

Babydreamm,
True enff, NUH is on lots research etc, but those gynaes we preggie woman seeing,,,mostly are fresh graduates.
Mine was very eager to scan for me on first appt, and that day was a nightmare to us, not seeing sac. anyway, its all over.

i am following up with TMC now. finali, HCG dipped to 0 on sat, with no residual tissues. HENG!!!
surprisingly, there is two nice promising eggs, good wall lining and lots cervical muscus ready, waiting to ovulate.
encouraged by gynae to TTC these few days.
past BD sessions we had are protected, which gynae finds amazed and unbelievable as he feels there's no need to abstain. If my body is not readly, i will not preggy so soon. If i am , history of chromosonal abnormalities should not repeat itself.

after much consideration and encouragement from hubby (he is very keen to try), we startd TTC again yesterday way before my first AF report right after the miscarriage.
Really hope to have good news soon, with a smooth delivery and healhty bb.

hi ceraine,

thanks for the info. i was a bit worried that i could still be pregnant and the antibiotics would affect the baby.

for me, i started bleeding on the 4th and a vaginal scan could not detect the baby but it could be because it was still very early. i was hospitalised and blood tests showed that my hormone levels were dropping so it was very telling that i already had a miscarriage.

avocado

I am seeing Dr Zou at Ang mo Kio. You are right about the things which are happening now. Just few days ago, a well known actor/DJ MC King passed away just like this. Things are getting more unpredictable now.

I am not working too, and time passed very slowly. Thus i think this is one reason i keep thinking of the MC .

Createjoy,
I remember my insurance agent ever told me that last time, she has quite a number of cysts and she took TCM . Within months, they are gone to the surprise of the doc. Are you under any TCM now? What is the gynae suggestion?

I know it is hard to relax and not to think of anything , but you must tried.

ceraine,

May i know which gyane are you seeing now? your gynae is very detailed and has a positive attitude, keep encouraging you.

naddy,

Dont worry about the antibiotics. It is for prevention of infectious just in case. I was given antibodies too. I did feel nauseous thinking it is the HCG level and effect after D&C.

hi babydream,

so you also felt nauseaus after taking the antibiotics?

avocado,

i also carried a lot of heavy things in the three days before my miscarriage. i wonder sometimes if things could be prevented had i walked less and not carried all those stuff.

hi naddy,
whatever it is,try not to tink liao.Logically,carrying heavy things shld not be the factor which affecting preggie.

how come u nid to tak antibiotic? To reduce ur nauseaus. I didn't feel any nauseaus after D&C.but was very tired the two days after the D&C.Tired, sad, lost & weak.

Also felt a bit weird that someting which part of my body for the past 2mth, was gone.I drank lots of milk, soya bean during my preggie.Feel a bit "wasted".

babydream,
hv u thought of working PT? I am considering PT job,a job that allows me to bring work hme...still exploring.

hi ceraine,
my preggie symptom completely gone D&C.breast & tummy became smaller

Hi all,
I was reading from this site, it explains rather clearly as to why MC occurs. I guess that article will answers a lot us the questions that doc didnt explain in details.

http://www.babycenter.com/0_understanding-miscarriage_252.bc

I find this site quite informative too.

naddy,
I think our body arent as strong like our grandma's time, where they cant still go work in fields endure hardship during preg. Any sign of spotting, should refrain from walking around too much already, thats what the nurse told me.

Hi everyone,

Hope your weekend has been good. It is a difficult start of the year for us but lets all try to be strong as stress is really bad and can cause aging including aging of our eggs!

Hi Avocado
You very welcome k
happy.gif
I have learnt a lot from other gals' experience here also. Actually I rather not know anything and have a ignorant and smooth sailing but blur blur pregancy..heeee..but reality robs us that chance. For women like us who suffered miscarriage(s), our later pregnancies will loss that innocent touch and we all start to worry at least up to the point when the last lost happened. I suppose must accept fact that women who MC before will never have a worry free pregnancy subsequently. Its a harsh fact really.

Avocado and Ximi,
I paid $450 for an individual chromosomal test. Hence, $900 in total for a couple. Must test both couple as problem could be with either one. The test will take several weeks to complete as the lab has to grow our blood cells to analysis. And the test stands the test of time. A test done today will yield same result as 10 years later. I did not conduct the test on my lost baby since he/she already deceased for 3 weeks before I found out and the long died tissues will give void test result. My doctor mentioned that its is very expensive so test on the fetus as the tissues must be cultured to grow to analysis the chromosomes. As he ruled out testing fetus for me, I did not ask for cost but I assume it must be more expensive vs testing for adults which is already expensive to me. Ximi, don't worry about not testing for your baby. According to gynae, if the test shows a baby is chomosomally normal, very happy. But if test shows its abnormal, end up still must test for parents to track the source. So test parent more important. I did not follow your story if your MC is the first one or you already have kids, but if you already have, maybe no need to test unless you want to be absolutely sure. Yeah, agree with you that we really must take the active stance to probe for reasons and it is emotionally draining especially at a trying time like this. Many doctors will just leave it as it is esp if it is a 1st MC but we have every rite to ask even if it makes us look stupid. But I think you are quite well read of the most common causes with your research oredi. Another common cause is one's hormone levels (progestrone) to support pregnancy. Don't know if you already aware but it you can check to see if your progestrone is adequate by tracking your daily wakeup temp with a BBT thermometer. If temp after ovulation is higher than average (coverline), its likely to be adequate.

Hi Hopefully,
Thanks for your contact. Definitely sounds very professional. Yes, I can understand about not putting too much feelings in next baby since the first heartache is so bad..can full understand. All the best to you and hope you hear heartbeat k!
happy.gif

Hi Createjoy,
I know its easy to say but try to tell yourself to worry less about your cyst because stress can cause any cyst or lumps to grow faster. I had breast lump before in my early twenties and I did notice the lump grew much faster during high stress period. So control your stress level for your health k..and beside the advice Ceraine gave you on the avoiding the herbs, must also control your level of caffeine intake (black tea, coffee, coke all high. Green tea has least), can lead to faster cyst growth.

Telly, can use mum because we proud to be mums even for a few weeks..

Also hope those who started TTCing will have good news soon and make us believe in stories with happy endings again.

naddy,

I am not sure if it is the antibodies which causes me to be nauseous. But i did mention to the doc during follow up check up. Accordingly to him, this is normal and will go off in a couple of weeks time.

Avocado

I have just applied one PT job which is very flexible, just that I need to be on standby. I wanted to work FT and whenever I flip the recruitment section, so tempted to apply for one. But worried that I will need to take a lot of medical leave , time off later.

Rivernile,

Thank you for the information on the test. I keep having this impression that it will be $2K. Actually I did ask the doc that if the test show one of the parent being chromosomal abnormalities, the next step will be chromosomal consultation which I realize later it mean using other people egg/sperm. That time whatever the doc tell me, no words can go into me. This is my first preg and I have no children yet.

I was given jab throughout the preg period to support my preg from the start. And was given a blood test at week 5 to check on HCG level until it is stable. Thus I dun know that temperatures will rise then, but did notice a lot of changes to the body.

I am not that good at monitoring my temperatures. I just started doing this after the MC. My temperatures is like the shares market, sometime it can go up and down suddenly, and most of the temperature are of the higher end. I am even sure if the thermometer is working.

Hi Createjoy
Know it is worrying & hard to do, just as what Rivernile1 said, it is easy said, however, u hav to constantly tell urself dat things will b better. me still doing dat. Hav lot of rest.

Hi Naddy
Was taking Antibotics too after d OP.
Felt tiring & groggy esp on d dat of OP & d day after. didnt feel nauseaus. d gynae did told me dat in some case, u may feel bloated, indigestion after taking d Antibotics. If i spelled correct d name of a Antibotics is Augmentin or something like dat.
My mama did told me not to carry heavy thing or bend down. She said d wound is healing so hav to b careful.

Hi Babydream
me monitoring temp, as what my gynae adv me. it is tiring at time & i almost forgotten. Hav to tak temp first thing in d morning, dat is b4 getting out of bed, brushing teeth, etc.

Dear all,

It has been sometimes i logged in.

Glad to see some real good news. Gong xi!!! Hope my turn will come soon.

For mummies who experienced mc, take care. Really as much as possible, cry as much as you want. Don't keep it. Do share your feeling here. Ladies here all very nice. I also experience missed abortion in late July 07 (11+ weeks, 1st pregnancy)

I am still resting emotionally, can't TTC now as i am not mentally ready. Kept thinking if i am still pregnant, this month can see my baby. I try hard to brush it off, maybe my baby knows i am not ready yet.

Baby dust to all TTC.

Be positive!!! God bless
happy.gif
happy.gif

hello everyone..

long time since i logged in too. busy caring for my super premature baby. lots of challenges but hubby and i are staying strong together as a couple to go through this period. afterall, it was not easy conceiving and delivering this child.

welcome to all the new mummies to be here.
i wish u luck and patience in ur ttc journey. nothing is impossible if u look at the success stories here. it takes time but it will work out fine. Please focus on building up your physical and emotional health. stay strong as a couple together - talk it out and cry it out - it will help u to heal faster.

stefie2104
yes, hope ur turn comes really soon. it's ok to wait. i took 4 months before i was mentally and emotionally ready. some may be faster, some slower. the important thing is that u are ready for the journey ahead. :D

angela, roxyz, irene, and other pregnant mummies to be (sorry cant catch up with the fast moving threads), how are u all? pls do update when u have delivered. we are all hoping for the best. Do PM me if u need someone to talk to k?

irene
i am glad u made the decision even if that means losing the deposit. Pls take good care of ur health and bb's health by eating nutritious food and drinking lots of fluid.

Late cheers to a brand new year! Babydust to all!!

Hi Everyone

Just hope that this short message will brighten up your life.

I had 2 ectopic pregnancy before and one miscarriage. After first ectopic, i got pregnant and my son is going 3 this year. When trying for my second child i got another ectopic followed by a miscarriage and one year later, i am pregnant and now it is going 9 weeks old.

I hope that you will not give up like me.
If everything goes smoothly, i think i am actually a mother of 5 kids. Haha.

Look onto the brighter side.

Take care

Hi Avocado

Nice and surprise to hear from you. However, sorry to hear that u have the same ordeal.

Pls take good care and rest well. R u having your mini confinement now? I did not do that cos i need to take care of my boi even after my D&C cos' i didnt engaged nanny. My in-laws are taking care of him during the day and we brg him home every night so that he will be close to us even if he is taken care by granny and grandpa during the day.

Is your DS in childcare now or anyone helping to take care of him so that u can 调养? Are u feeling better now?

Hi Crazy

Your story really inspires me to go on cos i had juz found out that i have cysts in my ovaries. Was quite disheartened when hearing this cos i am oredi 35 years this year oredi a 高龄产妇. Wonder whether i will be lucky if babydust can fall on me to bless me with another healthy baby like my 1st who is coming to 18 mth this Sun?

Take care everyone and hope that babydust quickly fall on us!

Hi all,

is it not normal to have 1st mense afer D&C to be abit heavier that before? seem like most ppl have fewer flow. but 1 1st day a bit and very cramp, 2nd day more but no cramp now 3rd day even more blood..

Pbtgal

I am really happy that at least my life story inspire you to go on.

Dont Worry, as long as you dont give up it will come.

Createjoy,
my bleeding was heavy during the 1st 5days after D&C.Then the bleeding fewer & fewer for the subsequent days.

I've D&C done on 27Dec, and my bleeding completely stopped yesterday(7Jan).So it took 12days for bleeding to stop.

I tink it is normal that the flow is not consistent. Mine was heavy 1st 2days,then lesser on 3rd day,then started to be heavier on 4th day, on & off one...SOmehow,i feel the flow is oso depending on our mood & activities that we did.

In fact, now i am wondering if i am ovulating if i'm experiencing sticky transparent discharge.

Hi Avocado,

oh i'm refering to 1st real mense after d&C. my D&C is 11 dec so 6 jan come mense liao.. like quite soon come. think i stop bleeding ard 23rd dec same like u ard 12 days. now mense quite heavy.. worry if it's normal..cycle like getting short. i think i also have some transparent discharge & yeast infection after D&C..

hey pbtgal,
i fd out i got cyst after my 1st mc too. mine was blood cyst. did operation in sept this year. surprise that after 2nd mc i fd new cyst again.. when i was preg scan in dec was alright. dunno what i ate wrong boast the clot.. hope it will go away miraclely though i think not quite possible cos i feel painful.. suppose to go another scan this fri immd aft mense.

My hubby getting piss with me cos i need his attention so much.. u see i only see him on sun & mon on his off days cos he work night shift i work office job. so when he off, i will wait for him to wake up to eat dinner or go my mum place, then mon go temple or see doc. when i sleep i make him stay in the room play PS game till i'm aslp on his off days. mayb it's too much for him.. but i just want support and him to be around.. esp nw i fd another cyst i'm so upset.. dunno how to contain my fear and worries.. he just cant understand how much i fear of having cyst again as it hinder preg and mk me more prone to early mc.. i wanted to have our bb so much that i'm so fearful i can never become one..

Hi createjoy

i know how u feel. Maybe ur hb is just tired after a long nite work. Maybe can tell him ur true feelings as we are oso suffering from within us mah.

R u still having ur menses now? Think has to see doc asap when ur menses stop. I dragged for 3 cycles b4 knowing this and now i regretted cos can get cured sooner.

We have to look on the +ve side and be strong, if not life will be even more miserable.

R u seeing doc in KKH too?

hi, anyone here's opted for a natural miscarriage rather than D & C? just like to know what to expect etc... thanks

Hi
will b expecting my first menses after D&C in another approx 2 weeks time. Anyone can share, will d first menses after d D&C be heavy & high possibility of cramps?
d gynae did mentioned dat d first menses after d D&C mayb delayed for 1 or 2 weeks & in some case earlier as well.

All

DO u have cramping and yellow discharge after D&C ? My menses still have not come. Have been taking TCM for about 3 weeks..

pinpong, how do u know it will come in another 2 weeks ?

Hi Pinpong

my gynae told me the 1st menses after D&C usually come 5 weeks later. In my case it was true as i had D&C on 23 Apr 07 and my 1st menses came on 30 May 07. I didnt feel cramp leh.

Pingpong,

i think the AF will varies individually. Just like the cramp. And my gyane told me that my 1st menses will expect to come ard 6-8 weeks after D&C which indeed it come ard that period.

Stumbled_by,
I have slight cramping on and off. And i have yellow disharge but it clear up very fast.
I think it better to take more TCM. I took for a month and i think it improve my health slighty.

Hi Stumbled-by
Had D&C on 25 Dec 07, gynae mentioned dat d first menses after d D&C will be slightly late, so i calculated, my menses shuld be in another approx 2 weeks or more.

Hi Babydream
Thanx, didnt hav much cramp & not much bleeding after d D&C so worry dat for d first menses after d D&C, d flow will b heavy ...
Thanx.

Hi pbtgal
Thanx, as didnt hav much bleeding after D&C, so scare d flow will b heavy when d first menses comes.

Hi Stumbled_by
didnt hav much cramp after D&C, but discharges hav. Till today, me still hav watery discharges.

Hi all

I've just had D&C done on 29/12/07.

I'm thinking of taking Bai Fong Wan but not sure if i should start taking it now since the bleeding had stopped.

Any advice?

babydream,
i am seeing DR LC Cheng from TMC now.
juz closed my case with him last week.
anyway, talking of TTC again. AF reported two days later, so two eggs wasted.
but the nurse advised me to wait for a cycle before TTC again.

Pinpong,
we've M/C D&C abt the same date,mine done on 27Dec.I still hv occasional very light brownish sticky discharge.My gynae told me tat it is a leftover tissue fr. the D&C. But I did pregnancy test & it is negative.My hcg level shld be back to normal now.

hi ladies
Had my dnc on 28 dec and still spotting. Doc said to expect it to last for 2 weeks. So i'm hoping that it will stop soon..like in 5 mins time lol. Can't wait to have a normal AF to TTC again. I know my dh can't wait coz it's been over 2 months since we last BD.

I noticed that some of you have tried TCM.
I didn't 'pu' after mc. Frens recommended chicken essence. Tried one sip and almost vomited. That's all the pu i had since then.

Can i know if u have to boil all those herbs? Or they come in powdered form? I hate bitter stuff so am afraid i won't be able to stomach them. I too understand the impt to get our body strong and ready but scared waste $.

Apart from tcm, how are u preparing your body? Any of u started taking prenatal vits yet?

Hi Avocado

d pregnancy test is those pregnancy kit?
Didnt did any pregnancy test (urine test) after d D&C, currently monitor temp every morning, first thing in d morning.

Till today, can get breathless & tired easily after a heaty arguement or when being rush.

Just d 2 days ago, after a dramatic/heaty discussion with co-works abt an assignment, felt pain at my abdomine & giddy. Went home, & discovered slight bleeding.

Hi Yokoh
My mama boiled red dates water for me to drink.
For most dishes she will add in ginger, to drive away d "wind". Besides dat, was d Blk chicken soup, and some other soup which i dun really know what dat.

If u dislike bitter taste, suggest u boil red dates water & drink it like u r drink water.

Yeah, keen to know ways to build up our body as well...

pingpong,

For AF, i think the flow will varies, might be as heavy as u thought. I read it somewhere, after a couple month it will more or less stablise.

Fong2,

I thought Bai Fong Wan is to be taken after menses. Taking consideration of the date, last few bleeding should be from the D&C leftover. Not sure if should take it now or wait till the 1st menses.

Maybe take herb which can help to speed up recovery such as chicken/fish essence.

ceraine,
nvm, take more pu while waiting for the next cycle.

yokoh,

i did not take chicken essence yet! i cant stand the smell. I think i need to hold my breath when i take them.

For TCM, Mine is in powdered form and it is not bitter, just that there is a smell which need to get used to it. I have been avoid cold drink/food and drinking hot milk which has folic acid.

Hi babydream

Thanks for your advice. Think I'll wait till my 1st AF arrives first before i take the bai fong wan. I've been taking chicken essence every morning. But do i need to take it for 1 month? I've stopped taking the red date longan soup, cos a lot of pimples outbreak ever since i took it everyday.
uhoh.gif

I'm really glad that there's this support group which i can turn to. It really encourages me after i read thru some of the earlier postings. And i agree that people who never experience a m/c will ever understand how we feel.

I've never thought that i will ever have a m/c as my relatives all hv smooth pregnancies. Previously, I thought m/c only happens when there's bleeding or spotting. But i am wrong. Though i hv never experienced any bleeding or spotting, i still suffer from it as the embryo never develop. This is something new to us. *sigh!*
sad.gif

It really hurts when i heard of news of another ex-colleague being pregnant and hving the same EDD as me. But i know i shld be happy for her instead of feeling sad for myself.

I just hope that all of us here, our womb will heal well fast and hv a successful pregnancy the next round.

Hi fong2,
babydream is right bai fong wan tk after mense. but i'm not sure if it's good for pple like us who just mc. maybe ask the medical hall assistant or sinseh before u tk.. some of us too weak or wat also cant too pu. differ health condition so beeta ask before tk.. ya agree with u.. my cousin wife just give birth alomost same time as my 1st bb if didnt mc.. i also feel very sad and sensitive.

Hi Naddy,
sorry now really read trhu then saw ur concern on nausea. i hope u r fine already. it sould be the G.A doc use to put us to sleep during D&C that cause nausea or could be due to stress. in any case shoudl go away on it's own..

i be going bintan this wkend.. look forward to a good break.. take care gals...
happy.gif

Hi ladies,

I'm back from my HK trip with hubby. Totally enjoyed it.
happy.gif
We have started ttc and i'm supposed to have my menses a few days ago but it it still not here yet. So I'm going to get the pregnancy test kit later and see if i'm lucky this time round. Wish me luck!
happy.gif

Hi Fong2,

I am also glad there is a support group here. There are alot of things that i didnt want share with my friends, as i dun want to put them in an awkward spot which they dun know how to comfort me and they wont know how i feel too anyway. But at the same time i need someplace to said my thoughts. I am glad i have you ladies!
happy.gif
I realise it is alway easy to feel sad and pity myself, especially when I heard another good news,
sad.gif
but i keep telling myself soon it will be my turn again, just that i dont know when.

For the pu, i think u can go to the medical center to ask for some herb to pu the kidney & liver etc. Chicken Essence can be heaty and it might result heavy flow when your AF come.

pegsfur,
welcome home, it must have been a good break.
happy.gif
all the best , hope you see double lines !

Hi babydream

Need to bu the kidney & liver also ah? I tot only need to bu our womb.
lame.gif
Ok, i better reduce my dosage of the chicken essence.

Usually will the first AF after D&C be heavy or light? For me, this week is the 3rd week after D&C.

Back