Support group - Miscarriages

Hi again,

Stumbled by, thanks for sharing your experience, I will probably try MaKuang since there is one near my house. And I think I want to get a gynae should I really conceive in future that will tell me the baby's heartbeat as I read on overseas websites that doctors in US and UK believe the heartbeat rate is important to determine the viability of the pregnancy.

Irene, I would like to have the contact of your gynae, kindly send it to me at [email protected] And I will check out the strips you suggested. Thanks a lot!

Jesline, I assume that Dr Ang is from Gleneagles hospital?

Actually this morning I had a major argument with my hubby. Although I know he is very depressed like me, I asked him why he did not accompany me to do the D&C in the morning (he did came to fetch me after the operation as I was under GA). He replied that there were a few reasons. One is he was scared to come to terms with the miscarriage and second is that he had an important meeting with a big client. Knowing the truth sent me into great depression again. I know now that I cannot depend on this man for anything that needs tremendous emotional support in future. He even told me that if I had not pretended to be strong, he would have cancelled his meeting and accompanied me there. I was very angry and my heart died when I heard "pretended to be so strong?". And that was also his baby. Is it normal that husband don't accompany their wives for D&C? Can I know from your experiences?

hi irene, i'm glad you've made your decision re the nz trip. do try to rest as much as you can these few weeks. and stay positive, ok?
happy.gif

hi ceraine, mine was a natural expulsion too. there were cramps a little worse than menstrual cramps, but nothing incapacitating. i was able to walk around and do simple chores around the house. please give your doc a call if the pain gets unbearable. when are you going back for your review?

hi rivernile, i hope you are feeling better now. please try to take care of your health although this can seem like a very difficult thing to do now.

Congrats Irene!! Your wish has finally come true and I'm glad you made the decision to cancel the NZD trip. Our little ones are so much more precious than $ or the holidays.

Rivernile.. so far my hubby has been accompanying me for every gynae visit (except one due to work commitments) and he was with me for my prevous dnc. But perhaps your hubby is very stressed and sad over the mc and did not know how to react?

Xbliss, how is baby bryan. I hope he is well enough to come home with you now and please do post his pictures here to share with us
happy.gif

Thanks to everyone who has been showing so much concern to me and I'm sorry to see so many newcomers here, esp those who lost their loved ones mid term. Reading all those new postings abt mid term pregnancy loss is making me even more worried as I'm currently 16 weeks now. I had always thought that pass 1st trimester is safe liao. To stop my "hu si lan xiang" I have decided to stop coming in here/post less often. I'm very sorry about this decision and hope that it doesnt offend/upset anyone here.
I wil continue to stay positive and my thoughts and prayers will be with you all. Thanks for all the help and support given throughout to me all these while. The road to TTC is never a smooth one, made worse by our past histories. But have faith and pray and know that God is with us.
In the meantime, I am trusting God and leaving everything to him. I hope to be able to post my little one picture in here next time and hope to hear more good news here! Will be missing you guys. And Merry Xmas and Happy 2008!! A new year, a new start!
happy.gif

rivernile,
man are just like women too, got emotions. and they may deal with it a differnt way. When my babies passed away, i opted not to look at them at all. would u call me heartless? i believe so.. but then again, i cannot bear to remember that sad moment and live with the sad memories all my life. It's important to give each other time and space to grieve. I know how his presence means a lot to you, but i put myself in his shoes.. i may not be strong enough to go through that with u too..

take care there, please don't be offended by what i say k?

Dear ladies,

I need some support from you gals.. I lost my 1st bb at 6wk in june 07 (complete mc by the time i reach NUH) shock that i got a big blood cyst 6cm which doc say may be cause of MC. operated in sept. the doc say i can tcc after a month which i did successfully after the 1st AF.

After i learn of my preg at 5wk, i was rather nervous and stress due to 1st mc.i even dreamt of bleeding and paranoid check for bleeding regularly.finally my worse fear happen at 7 wks i got brown stain the rest no need to say already..at 8 wks, on 11 dec, doc confirm i lose junior 2nd cos no heartbeat, HCG dropped- missed MC.

After D&C, i stop bleeding after day 7th but day 9th i bleed again (red) then follow by brown blood till now day 11th . is this normal? i felt abit backpain and sometime stomach area abit pain i'm nt sure if it's the womb. do anyone experience backpain from missed MC or after D&C? any need to refrain from eggs & prawns?

i keep blaming myself for being too anxious. cos both preg after i found out i was very anxious i cant sleep well. i keep asking how can i not be anxious the next preg? i worry i get even more paranoid. do u gals felt stress too esp just before it hap? i read a book says stress will not affect unless extreme stress.. sigh i don't want to go thru this again.. i have a friend who succeed only on the 5th. i really admire her courage but i really pray i can make it the next time. I intend to rest at least 4 mths this time.. on one other hand i need to race with time as my blood cyst can grow again and affect fertile , on other hand i dunno how to cope with the strain.

i'm think of quitting my job before i conceive to minimise stress. but i feel it may not be miraclely go the smooth way. i worry i will end up with nothing. i mind what my frds & relatives think, alot women work and give birth, do i have to be so pamper so useless... i really don't know and i'm very scare! i know my pain is not much compare to many of you who went thru mid term. sigh i really dunno what to do.. i dunno where to get my courage back, every night i keep asking myself why it hap and how i can prevent it..! my sis have 3 kids why can't i even go thru a smooth one.. !??

Hi to all ladies here...

Its been a long time since i log in to this thread... I'm glad to see some familiar nicks that are still giving kind and good advice and support to the gals who needs it..and i felt very guilty of not being able to contribute over here...

For those who dun know me, I had a D&C in July and i was truly devastated... Doc asked me to try after 3 cycles of AF but i strike again after my 2nd cycle... cos i know the only way to heal my wound is to have another one... but for those who want to try immediately, pls be mentally prepared cos i realised that i still had phobia over my first incident and kept on having nightmares of me bleeding and etc...

i had just passed the first trimester period...and like xbliss, i am blessed with a pair of twins... so abit worried cos my doc said its a high risk pregnancy and due to my previous incident...till now i had lost 6kgs and are always feeling very weak..

i do not have the strength to encourage and support for the gals over here cos i'm still very fearful...

However, if i can manage to give birth to the twins successfully, i will definitely come here to repay and support to those who needs it...

And baby dust to those who are ttc-ing...
happy.gif

Roxy
you also in the June 2008 MTB thread rite? I am following the thread too but unable to post anything there cos the thread is too fast liao, unable to catch up...hope that both of us can deliver successfully ya...
happy.gif

hi ladies,
I am still on my mini confinement, keeping myself healthy and mind free of the sad episode.

Whilst i thought i had recovered, my best pal sudden delivery brought back all my pains.
Despite being happy for her, i can't help feeling down and out, that i was once blessed with this chance too but taken away, couldnt help blaming myself for the loss, and worried if i will be given a second chance. It hurts discussing bb chats which i am thankful my frd is understanding and we did not much talks.
On one hand, i am acting nonchalent, but on the other, i am hurting inside.

I view myself as a strong girl, optimistic and keen to ttc again. This to me ,is the best way to heal my wound.
However, i worry what if AF irregulates, what if the next is unsmooth too, what ifs....lots what ifs.

Hoping i am the lucky few who ovuluate two weeks after bleeing and strike thereafter, but worry this impulsive act will bring about a second MC. There is so much wild thoughts on my mind now.

bb08,
Congratulations. You will make it through, don't worry yourself unduly and stay being a happy mum okie.

Xuanting,
I am feeling much better now, occasional twitching and pulling pain.
Next wed, if hcg successfully dips, i should be scheduled for vaginal scan.

how are you getting on?

Rivernile,
Guess your hubby is trying to come to terms with the loss, but as a man, he has to stay strong for you despite his agony. He understands your pain, but hope you can cope well with it too. I agree its painful to hear from him that statement. It might have never occured to him you are hurting internally and needs his support. In another word, man are simple creature. They need woman to be totally frank to them to know what is needed of them.

Just let it go, do not let this incident sour your marriage or your trust/security of him.

Take my hubby for instance, during the two weeks of struggle, he has been accompanying me to gynae, exempted me from all houseworks etc.
He expects i close this chapter and do not dwell on it.
Unless he detects a sad note in my voice or teary eyes, he would like to think i have recovred. He would call often to check on me, make an effort to be home early if he detects things are not right, other than that, he resumes work and is home as late as 11pm.

simply, we need to tell them how we feel for them to "feel" for us.

hi ladies,
I am still on my mini confinement, keeping myself healthy and mind free of the sad episode.

Whilst i thought i had recovered, my best pal sudden delivery brought back all my pains.
Despite being happy for her, i can't help feeling down and out, that i was once blessed with this chance too but taken away, couldnt help blaming myself for the loss, and worried if i will be given a second chance. It hurts discussing bb chats which i am thankful my frd is understanding and we did not much talks.
On one hand, i am acting nonchalent, but on the other, i am hurting inside.

I view myself as a strong girl, optimistic and keen to ttc again. This to me ,is the best way to heal my wound.
However, i worry what if AF irregulates, what if the next is unsmooth too, what ifs....lots what ifs.

Hoping i am the lucky few who ovuluate two weeks after bleeing and strike thereafter, but worry this impulsive act will bring about a second MC. There is so much wild thoughts on my mind now.

bb08,
Congratulations. You will make it through, don't worry yourself unduly and stay being a happy mum okie.

Xuanting,
I am feeling much better now, occasional twitching and pulling pain.
Next wed, if hcg successfully dips, i should be scheduled for vaginal scan.

how are you getting on?

Rivernile,
Guess your hubby is trying to come to terms with the loss, but as a man, he has to stay strong for you despite his agony. He understands your pain, but hope you can cope well with it too. I agree its painful to hear from him that statement. It might have never occured to him you are hurting internally and needs his support. In another word, man are simple creature. They need woman to be totally frank to them to know what is needed of them.

Just let it go, do not let this incident sour your marriage or your trust/security of him.

Take my hubby for instance, during the two weeks of struggle, he has been accompanying me to gynae, exempted me from all houseworks etc.
He expects i close this chapter and do not dwell on it.
Unless he detects a sad note in my voice or teary eyes, he would like to think i have recovred. He would call often to check on me, make an effort to be home early if he detects things are not right, other than that, he resumes work and is home as late as 11pm.

simply, we need to tell them how we feel for them to "feel" for us.

Hi BBo8
take very good care!! Think postive!!!

createjoy, u need to relax.... and take it easy.. my mother always tell me to shun qi zi ran throughout the preg. now i totally believe it, so i hv to constantly overcome my fear and purge all the unhappy thoughts!! and only think about the positive things. Thank positive!! feel positive!! c'mon girls. u can do it! let yourself rest enough and when u are ready, ttc and feel positive about it!!

rivernile, i hv sent u my gynae contact.

my hubby also finds it difficult to handle my emotions when it gets too intense. To be fair, if you expect a man to understand how a woman would feel, it would really be helpful to reciprocrate that understanding.

men may talk to some of their closer friends, or they may not. some men may not be comfortable showing their emotions to the extent women are willing to... they are also impacted by the loss...they have their own set of emotions tto deal with, they may not know exactly how as this may also be something very new for him. he may not know what is the best thing to do, or wat he should say to u..

like ceraine say, we need to share how we feel, put it into words if nec for them, so that they can understand better. this is also what commnucation is all about. getting into quarrels would not get u anywhere..

I have to tell my hubby exactly what to do shoudld i start to cry and tear, i told him i want him to hold me close and tell me everything will be ok. that was infact all i needed at that moment and after he learned it, he could give that to me without having to stress out. he would also be calmer and not having to guess.

i hv seen husband accompany wives and I hv seen wives gg to hosp alone. i guess sometimes it could also be a practical issue that he might not be there, but if you ask him to accompany you, would he really say no?

be nice to youeself, be nice to the 2 of you, it might have been no one's fault... so grief what you need and then move on, no point getting stuck at this one point, aren't there so much more things you wana do? dun let the past hold u back. allow yourself to MOVE ON... with him.. k?

wow, there is definitely good news here. bb08, congrats. yes, twin pregnancy is terrible.. u really need to stay mentally strong ok? must keep talking to the babies everyday to tell them to be strong and to guai guai stay in there til it's time. they understand ok?

ceraine, i can only say we cannot be too anxious. the key is to relax and to be strong mentally. U will conceive one day and successfully deliver, this is what i believe of every woman who is fertile. It's a matter of time and chance. take care there and do drop by here to talk if u need.

wow, there is definitely good news here. bb08, congrats. yes, twin pregnancy is terrible.. u really need to stay mentally strong ok? must keep talking to the babies everyday to tell them to be strong and to guai guai stay in there til it's time. they understand ok?

ceraine, i can only say we cannot be too anxious. the key is to relax and to be strong mentally. U will conceive one day and successfully deliver, this is what i believe of every woman who is fertile. It's a matter of time and chance. take care there and do drop by here to talk if u need.

I agree with some of the ladies here. My hubby is someone who need specific instruction. I need to tell him eactly how i feel and he will do exactly . Sometime he forget what he supposed to do to calm me, this will trigger my negative emotion . Sometime i think i need to write a manual for him when my emotion get over me.

Just now i went for a chirstmas gathering, thinking i am able to cope. I was wrong. During a phototaking session,a friend was asking around loudly for all the mothers to come with their children. And i am sittting just right infront. I think i have just got salt been rubbed on my wound a few times during the gathering. I started to cry once i am back in the car.
sad.gif

Anyone know what would be a good excuses to avoid such gathering because when i avoid, friends will have this impression that i am preg and i dont want to tell them that i just have an MC?

I agree with some of the ladies here. My hubby is someone who need specific instruction. I need to tell him eactly how i feel and he will do exactly . Sometime he forget what he supposed to do to calm me, this will trigger my negative emotion . Sometime i think i need to write a manual for him when my emotion get over me.

Just now i went for a chirstmas gathering, thinking i am able to cope. I was wrong. During a phototaking session,a friend was asking around loudly for all the mothers to come with their children. And i am sittting just right infront. I think i have just got salt been rubbed on my wound a few times during the gathering. I started to cry once i am back in the car.
sad.gif

Anyone know what would be a good excuses to avoid such gathering because when i avoid, friends will have this impression that i am preg and i dont want to tell them that i just have an MC?

sad.gif

babydream,
just tell them you have other family commitments.a bad thing of being frank (MC) - they will start asking y, and forever, we can't put a seal to our sad episode. just go with your heart.

for me, one of my frd did guess i am preggy when i turn off an appointment. i was frank to agree, and disagree and totally open of the miscarriage.
rather then covering up and they suspecting and questioning, which hurts even mnore, i am more comfy in telling them of the loss so they'll understand and shower me with more concern and encouragement.

xbliss,
yah, had a chat with hubby. decided on to ttc after ist AF. to rest womb and secure my job.

i was out with hubby on bus this afternoon. a bb girl, likely 5mths, was so drawn to my hubby, playing chuckling and i guess we draw lots attention.
such a loving and touching scene and i pray to god above to grant me this scene soon

bb08
Congrats on your twin pregnancies! Yes I am in the June MTB thread, when you are free, please come join us there...

Something to share about Xmas and not giving up hope (sorry if I sound too preachy or shared it before, just want to reinforce that Xmas is about Hope! And not to give up) before I got a BFP, I had a dream that I was expecting twins through an ultrasound. Few days later, I had another dream of myself in a hospital delivering ONE child only. I never paid much attention to those 2 dreams until my 6th week gynae visit when I was discovered to be carrying twins (2 sacs) but one was a blighted ovum and never made it. I'm happy and contented that God has left one for me. God works in mysterious ways...before I knew I was pregnant, He already told me through my dreams and how I had twins but will only deliver one. I'm holding on strong to the dream whereby I delivered a child safely just like God is delivering His promise by holding baby safely in my womb despite all my many bleeding cases. So, please never give up, continue to pray and have HOPE. As Christmas approaches, let's take a time to pray for our little ones who have gone on in Heaven and for our little ones yet to be delivered in our arms. Merry Christmas all!!

How wonderous and reflective our dreams can be.
whilst i was struggling for HCG level to increase and praying a miracle that pregnancy is viable, i dreamt of a little girl, but HCG level dipped to 300. Following day,real life hcg level really dip to 500. Somehow,through the dream, i realized no more miracle, and this is destiny, i have to learn to accept it.I guss this works hand in hand with a diviation lot i just had, that a bb girl is struggling to be my bb,but doesnt turn out well.
Similarly few months back, i dreamt of myself preggy, and my buddy brought a boi boi to my home, waving at me. as buddy was preggy then, i thot bb boi is hers. turned out, she delivered a girl.
I would like to strongly believe this bb boi is mine, and i am looking foward to this dream come true. This faith keeps me going, my motivation for TTC again once i recover.

May we all be blessed with a second chance, a healthy and strong bb that binds to us and have a smooth delivery for our next upcoming bb

Merry Xmas !!!!

ceraine,

Merry Xmas too, altho the greeting came a bit late :p

dear all,

i know this qn has been asked many times but how long did u take for the spotting to COMPLETELY STOP after D&C ? Mine is mostly yellowish, light brown. It's been 2.5 weeks already. But I guess i shd be patient. After my delivery this year, my 'real menses' only resumed at about week15 or so, altho i stopped bf in week7..

Stumbled_by,

Mine stopped abt 1-2 weeks after D&C. My 'real menses" came exactly one month after D&C.

I think not everyone is the same. Do not worry too much!

Take care & enjoy the holidays!

Hi Stumbled_by,
Mine stopped after 10 days after D&C and same as luvluv,menses came exactly one mth after wards.
However,menses cycle has gone a bit haywire..from the regular 30days (all these years) to 22-26 days cycle and the flow is alot on the first day (had a few mishaps even) so in case,jus bring more sanitary napkins or tampons with u.

Hi,
It been a long time since I last come in here. I have good news to share. That is I am pregnant again after 2 months. Yup I MC during mid sept. now is abt 7wk. Just detected heart beat. Very happy little step, cos the last one no h/b.

At 1st I was sad, and upon seeing the cousins who got preg immediately after their wedding. I see TCM for about 1 1/2 mth, which the sinseh said my health has improve.

I was foolish at 1st, cos when I missed my mensus, and started spotting, I didnt see any doc, just guessing is it mensus coming, chemical preg? or really preg. Did the self test twice. Only on the second test did see very confirm double line. I got worried and afriad too. afraid to see doc to hear again sad news, as I still spotting all the way. Only on the 2nd week, I finally decided to see doc, to face it. Was given pills and jabs. Now the spotting turns lighter color.

My hubby and I was very afraid at 1st to see doc thats why we wait and wait to see if mensus really coming or not.. We in some kind of denial after losing 2 bb.

hi hopefully, can share wat are the jabs for? doc also asked me to take pills after checking my blood. why do u need to jab and take pills at the same time?

Hi Gals!!

I am back (am rivernile). Went for a short trip to get some fresh air and had problem logging in as rivernile. So created a new ID.

Thanks for your encouragement, Xuanting, Roxy, xbliss, Ceraine, and Irene.

Roxy, Xbliss, Ceraine and Irene, thanks for sharing with me how it is to take a more open mindset to view the reaction from my hubby. I have forgiven him and agree that different people have different ways to cope with crisis, especially a crisis like this that involves a life. And while a man might not react by crying, it does not mean they don't hurt inside. I am much better emotionally now. Thanks for being there for me.

This tread is moving very fast its hard to catch up. I will like to offer encouragement to every kind souls in here as I am emotionally more stable now but I still cannot say it with super high conviction as I am still phobic. Maybe some tangible advice first:

Stumbled by:
my bleeding and spotting took 18 days to clear completely (today) and the ultrasound review four days ago (two weeks after D&C) showed a follicle forming (ovulation). So my gynae asked me to expect my menses to come in two weeks time. From here, you can assume that menses will follow 4-6 weeks after D&C. But my friend told me that her bleeding and spotting lasted 1 month. So don't be worried if yours last longer since it depends on individual. So long as you don't have severe cramping and the review shows no left over placenta in your uterus, you are fine.

Irene: I believe the jabs (called proluton or something like that?) are very high dosage of synthetic progestrone (my hubby's doctor frd confirmed this), a hormone to support the pregnancy in layman's term. The jabs are adminstered twice weekly at the mum's backside. The pills (called duphaston or something) are lower dosage of synthetic progestrone, also to support the pregnancy and prevent bleeding or shedding of the uterus lining. These medication are typically adminstered during the first trimester when there are signs of bleeding (I took some) and you can stop taking them from your 2nd trimester when your baby's placenta starts producing progestrone on its own. My gynae also adminstered the duo treatment for me but stopped the jabs when the bleeding stopped after about 3 days in week 5. So the duo treatment probably meant the gynae wants to be extra careful and I heard these medications are widely used here. I researched some of these from the internet so they are not proven 100% accurate but these are as much as I can find as a layman myself.

For all the mums-to-be here, although I am not in a very good position to encourage as I very scared at this juncture too, please take care of yourselves even when you feel worried, so take control for whatever you can control and leave the rest to your gynaes/your prayers and I believe all your babies can feel the love inside your tummies! Talk again. Goodnite..

hi Irene,
ya like rivermile said, its jab for like stablising. and my pills are progestrone, doc asked me to insert at night, but the nurse at counter said to eat if I dont have the strong vomiting feeling as inserting might not be insert correctly too. The doc only jab me when I see him, not those twice weekly.
Actually I find this doc like not too concern about me. He didnt ask how serious my spotting. Its only when I volunteer the info. And the last time I see him, he only jab me when my hubby requested. Maybe we are over worry?
And so far at this clinic I have not taken any urine or blood test. Is it normal procedure? Cos over at KK, everytime I go, sure got those test.

congrats to those who got the second chance. The year is coming to an end, hope its a good next year for us.

hopefully

congrats on your pregnancy. if i recall from my 1st preg(tho it happened <1year ago but I forgot :p), the urine test only started in later time, like 3rd or 4th months onwards. Blood test is only needed once in a while..

AS for spotting, some spotting is not serious, but some are. So I guess sometimes gynea, with too many 'symptoms' or cases that they see, they dont want to overworry..

rivernile, i hope u are feeling more settled, just concentrate on getting better...

hopefully... i think each gynae got their own style of doing things, if u feel very uncomforatble, pls get a second opinion? my sister (with 2 kids) who also sees my gynae told me my gynae is really the kiasu kind, so he likes to take precaution measures. but he does not order anything excessive...

can check with you how much yr gynae will charge on average at every normal visit, say incl scan, take blood presuure and monitoring/consulation? mine is about $80 for normal no fuss visit.

Also Thanks for both your valuable sharing... the pills i hv is indeed duphaston and progynova, sure sounds like progesteron to me... been taking it diligently for the last few days. Gynae also ordered bed rest for me.

from now i m on leave till end of first week of Jan, so i want to have lots of rest.. my next scanning is on 2nd jan, which is my BIG 40 Birthday. God!! please please please bless me...

for all ladies here... may all of us have a good year ahead and pls take gd care of yourselves...

dear all,

I just had my D&amp;C two weeks ago. 2nd mc but 1st mc was complete so only this time need D&amp;C. Do anyone feel very stress when preg &amp; mc? I think both time i was stress till can't sleep. i read stress was alright except extreme like change job, move house.. but i thought having a life was much more stress than all these and unfortunately it happen to me twice within 6 mths.. my whole world collapse once again and this time was worse.. till now i still cant sleep well and frequently feel stress till breathless, rapid heartbeat, nausea... i'm so worried my stress freak behaviour will keep repeating. i think the next time i will still be as nervous and i'm really frustrated!i cant help thinking i cause the death of my own bb! what a sinner.. and i don't know how to prevent it! why is it that my sis can have 3 kids, i can't have a smooth one..

i think i am too lonely. cos my hubby work night shift, i work day shift so my life is just work, home, eat, sleep.. now i'm thinking if i can do any volunteer job or join some activities to make alot friends and become more optimistic &amp; confident but i don't know how to go about it. i seriously thought of quitting my job to minimise stress but think it's kind of silly and i can't really afford not to work..

by the way, i feel backpain two weeks after my both mc. is it normal? it's all the way up the spine from waist.. sinseh say its hormone change.. do u gals felt that too? i also have very yellow discharge no awful smell so i think not infection but abit itchy though.. i wish i can overcome my stress and not relapse again. is that any cure for stress prone? i wonder if i pu till very strong will it help? read some pple very jialut try own abort, mental illness but bb still survive... I really felt very stress, the frequent insomnia, heart pound and tense feeling is making me weak and fatigue. i did some stress test on net and all shows i got moderate depress and extreme stress. don't know what to do, just send an email to IMH hoping they would take me in to assess my condition and better still give me medi, if not i think i will stress till like liang shan bo become illness. but i worry they will not respond unless refer by doc. but then i,m subsidise patient, NUH always different doctor and subsidise refer take a long long time... maybe unless i get admitted to A&amp;E..

Hi Irene,

You are most welcome and rest well, watch a lot of comedies during your leave to keep yourself and baby happy
happy.gif
All the best and if you ever feel stressed, you can vent it out here and we can share your load so it will be less stressful.

Hi Createjoy,
really sorry to hear about your losses. Give yourself time to grieve as proper griefing its important for complete healing. Your backache may be a combination of your weak physical condition after two MC and your high stress level. Stress does all kinds of funny things to our bodies and is capable of upsetting your hormonal balance.

While building up your physical condition by visiting sinseh, why don't you consider taking up Yoga one month after your D&amp;C. Try Hatha Yoga that concentrates on deep and correct breathing plus stretching that really offers stress relief after maybe three months (at least per week for one hour) of practise. There are many fitness centres offering yoga classes but theirs are very strenuous and more for bodybuilding than correct/deep breathing that is what you need. So for Hatha Yoga, check out your nearest community centres, they offer three months course, once per week at very reasonable costs. After you mastered the right techniques, you can do at home with simple yoga mat and a yoga music CD. I practise Yoga at home and it does wonders for one's body/mental health in the long term. But you must be discipline enough to practise regularly to reap the benefits. Crying and reading self-help book also release stress. The right music too...

As for "pu3" until very strong, I guess it helps, avoid all cold beverages until your backache goes away and try to drink herbal soups when you are out having lunch/dinner. I heard "dang2gui2" soup is very good to balance out hormones for woman. Its simple to cook, just add chicken, danggui, dang3sheng1, and red dates and boil for 2 to 3 hours. But don't drink it if you are ttcing or already pregnant.

As for others who did not take care but bb still survive, I guess its really luck and life is never fair. So just do your best and so long as you can answer to yourself, you should have a peace of mind. You did not cause your bb's death and is not a sinner. I believe you have tried your best to keep your bb. So give yourself time and yes, there are lots of volunteering opportunities in Singapore such as http://web.singnet.com.sg/~autism/volunteers.htm Take care of yourself and you can be happy again yah
happy.gif

Hi rivernile,

Thanks for your advise. unfortunately i had blood cyst (endometriosis) which i had operated this year sept. so was hoping to tcc before another cyst build up which can endanger me &amp; my next bb. having a bb may also improve my blood cyst condition so it's a chicken and egg thing. on top of that i cant eat herbs that huo xue. so no danggui, red date, liver and ginseng also as i super heaty. frustrating right..? so ma fan even my MIL also sian to take care of me. but she do her best to make bird's nest and dong cong cao for me this time. maybe it's stress or maybe was my womb so injured these 6mths.. but think i will rest at least 6 mth this time and pray my cyst dont come back so soon and god grant me a healthy bb next round, i'm really scare to try. dont even feel like having sex again at the moment though my hubby seems understanding but also quite keen on it saying he very deprived dont know to laugh or cry.

becos of the mc and operation i was not advise to exercise in 6 mth time. so u didnt had the backache...? oh ok, i see what i can do for the autism. i guess i need more activities to get happy again. preoccupied with all negative thoughts..thanks so much.

thanks rivernile, u take gd care of yourself too!!

hi createjoy.. sounds like you might need some special attention to help u feel better at this hard time... pls consider seeing polyclinic for a referral to IMH, or if u hv been seeing a doctor at KK hosp, I think they also have psychiatrist department there. Its all about finding ways to get well so that you can achieve your final goal, so pls do whatever you need to have someone to help u on this. sending email to IMH may not give you a quick response as the emails are answered by their corporate comm, and not by the medical staff. Or u may wish to call them directly, I am sure u can find their number online.

I had endometriosis in 2004 and was operated, after that i had some dosage of hormone pills to help me prevent relapse. U may want to check with your doctor for this??

I was preg this Jan, in the midst of new house reno, bad designer, rushing to move house before CNY etc, only to hv a DnC in Apr which was 1 week after my wedding reception.

It was hard for me... for i am 39, and going 40 in a few days time. and this is my second marriage. no kids from my first cos my ex did not want kids and I stuck with him hoping that one day he would change his mind, in the end he left spore and worked overseas for a few yrs, then i finally decided that it had to end or i was getting no where...

I was supposed to fly off to NZ tonight, infact i am supposed to be boarding now. but i decided to cancel my trip as i m now about 6 weeks, my gynae has strongly advised me not to go.. and he classify me as a high risk case...

i would be going for my scan this coming wed... i pray and hope that everything would be good... i am scared too... sometimes i think i m slightly depressed but i make myself commit that i would always do positive thinking... whenever a negative thought barge in my thinking path, i would make a consious effort not to dwell on it and to smile and think about something nice... I am doing this not just for myself now, but also for my future...

i think I did hv some backache on and off after the last DnC, also there was some weird feeling like tenderness and some "pulling" feeling at the womb area... i think it could be due to the womb getting back in shape or possible also becos of prolonged sitting or staying in one position. I suggest u do some pelvic excersice, as well as walking, need not be fast, just at your own pace, in comfy shoes and clothings. u can do it at a park nearby and stop whenever u feel like stopping. getting some fresh air and blood circulation would probably make you feel better...

having a balanced and protein rich diet would be helpful, lots of water would make you feel hydrated. and of cos dun forget the folic pills.

if u need something to pass time, May i suggest drawing, knitting, baking, which are therapeutic in their own ways. or can u and your hubby go away for a short trip, to get connected and recharged? the holidays are over, now the travel charges would probably be more reasonable.. And as for the volunteer job, why not wait till u are more ready physically?

as for intimacy... and ttc-ing, its really a matter or readiness, not just physically but also emotionally.. u might need to communicate on this more with your hubby? I am so appreciative for my hubby is understanding, communicating would help you with that..

and of cos, u can always come here to share your thoughts and feelings...

once again, allow yourself to grief, like wat rivernile suggested... and when u are ready, take small steps to healing... there has been many other ladies who had done it... i m sure u can too!! i know the journey is tough... but u can make it... hv faith! in yourself!!

HUGS

Hi ladies,

Haven't been posting here for a while ... hope everything is going on well
happy.gif

Last thursday i went back to my gynae for my final check up as well as to confirm if i'm diabetic as i had slightly high suger level during my pregnancy. Everything is alrite with me and i'm cleared of my diabetes
happy.gif

Anyway, when i was at the clinic, emotions got the better of me and i started to tear again. I thot i'm past that stage already as I could look at baby pics without thinking of my Owen. Who knows the sight of all those proud, radiant- looking-big-tummy ladies made me green with envy. The cries of infants just cuts thru my heart. I had a bad time for the rest of the day after visiting my gynae. I only managed to feel better after my hubby comforted me. Sigh ....!

irene,
Good to hear that you have such a positive mind. We have started ttc .. so we'll see if i can join you people and announce that i'm preggy in a few mths time (if i'm lucky enough)
happy.gif

createjoy,
You really seems like very stressed leh ... Take it easy ok? Maybe you can heed rivernile's advice and take up yoga ... it seems like a good exercise to help you calm down and relax.

Hi irene and stumble,
ya, I guess all doc have their own procedure. I am just a little too over worry. I feel like buying thos homekit to monitor my BB heart beat.
As for my bill, so far only seen him 2 times, and each time is $140, only jab, medicine and consultation.

createjoy,
I was like you too, thinking how come some peopl their preg is so smoothly. I used to think that every women who got preg will sure give birth, MC only hapens when in accidents or going thru trauma. My hubby actually push the blame on me for the past MC. Although I am reall sad he thinks like this, instead of scientifically that its because the cells didnt form properly so preg ended. I dont harp on it, wont do me any good. Just take it as he is guy who dont know anything.
For your stress, go do something that you know will enjoy. Have a good cry and pick yourself up.

Hi createjoy,

You have been through quite a rough patch over these six months and probably your body is also telling you that it needs tender loving care. Don't worry too much about your backache unless it gets worse. Although I have no backache, I have other symptoms such as on off cramps and feeling cold more easily than before. So perhaps its our bodies telling us to take it easy for this period. So long as we stick to healthy/balance diet, it should be a matter of time before we say goodbye to all these symptons.

Since you cannot exercise, must find other methods to refocus your energy, do what Irene suggested, you can also find lots of ways to pamper yourself such as learn a new makeup technique, go for manicure or DIY manicure...just make sure you treat yourself like a princess and very soon, you will feel hopeful again. As for intimacy, I think its a good thing that your hubby initiates intimacy since you are still his lovely wife rite!! so its a positive thing! Just tell him good things are worth waiting for loh..
happy.gif

Hi Irene,
You are a very strong woman. I admire your decisiveness.

Hi Pegsfur, actually I also like you, for me, I feel like crying whenever I see cute toys that I thought my baby would have loved to play with. But nowadays I can control my tears before than three weeks ago because have finally accepted the loss. Anyway, congrats on your starting of ttc.

Hopefully,
can I ask you for the contact of your TCM becoz I have heard of some that die die want to lock in their customers for at least six months of treatment just to maximise profits. Yours sounds professional enough. I think I need to see one soon as I believe my progrestrone level has sank to rock bottom after the D&amp;C. Thanks.

Lastly, A Happy New Year to you gals and 2008 will be a very good year for us hopefully!

hi mummies,
I am new to this thread. I just had a D&amp;C on 26Dec.My baby was abt 8weeks.I experienced brown spotting on Xmas day.So i went to see my gynae the next day. Out of my expectation, my gynae cannot detect my baby heartbeat.

I couldnt believe that when we heard tat.My hb &amp; me broke down into tears immediately after we heard his confirmation.He asked me to perform D&amp;C in the afternoon but i am not mentally prepared yet.

when i reached hme,the spotting continued so we decided i shld go ahead wf the D&amp;C, afraid that i may hv natural MC anytime.

I cried throughout the whole ops.Even i was given aneathetics,i could still feel the pain(i wonder if anyone experience the same as me).I held the nurse's hand tightly throughout the ops.

It was been abt a week after the ops &amp; i still experience slight menses, come &amp; go.

After the ops, i keep thinking why if this happened to me. Could it be i've overworked/overstressed?

my 1st preggie was ok &amp; my son is oredi 3yrs old.Or could it be i've made announcement of my preggie? could it be my thyroid?But my specialist confirmed that my thyroid level is under controled, in fact, i've stopped medication for abt 1yr.

i've repeatedly asked my gynae but he couldn't explain.I am thinking of doing chromosomal test but he said it is unnecessary bcoz since we oredi hv a boy, it proved that we r fine.

biw, what is AF stand for?

hi createjoy,
I am SAHM, if u nid someone to tok to, pls feel free to PM me.

hi ceraine,
i can understand how u feel. Now i don't dare to go out bcoz whenever i see preggie women, i can't help myself of thinking abt my MC

hi rivernile,
ur gynae sounds very good. Is he from Gleneagles?

hi avocado, sry to hear of ur loss......

Hope u will be strong for the sake of ur loved ones and ur precious boy...
happy.gif

take care n dun dwell too much.

AF= auntie flow

Hi Ladies,

I'm feeling better already, thanks for all these advice and sharing. Somehow i found strength again. but then i think my hubby need attention too.. He was very stress at work plus my matter, he got self-hurt symptom. He barge his head on the wall and then end up giddy whole day went A&amp;E see doc, doc just say his ear what liquid mayb imbalance and then just give a medi to curd giddy. I'm so worry he blood clot. but he refuse to let me put ice or roll an egg..

Anyway my back still ache and to play safe i booked an apptm this sat to see a gynae for a scan since NUH didn't scan for me aft D&amp;C.

Hi avocado, what's SAHM? I hope you r feeling better. well at least u had a son.. some of us so worried we will never have one.. sigh.. do take care ya, i'm sure u can have another one since u got a sucessful one
happy.gif

hi createjoy,
i did my D&amp;C at Raffles &amp; they did not do a scan for me aft D&amp;C too. But I am going back to c my gynae after 1mth.

SAHM means Stay At Hme Mum.

dont worry, i am sure u'll get preggie soon.whih gynae will u be seeing?

i am currently seeing Dr KK Chow fr. Raffles.He is previously fr. Glen but shifted to Raffles. But I am planning to change gynae. Considering Dr Douglas Ong fr. Mt Elizabeth

Hi Avocado,

I fully understand your pain. I suppose already having a child before a miscarriage helps to assure you and your hubby that “your factory works". But for now, you will still be sad since a lost child is never replaceable by another.

Your doctor is right that you don’t have to do the blood chromosomal test on yourself and ur hubby since you have had one successful pregnancy. There is a very slight chance that ur 1st pregnancy was so lucky that your baby survived with either the parents having a chromosomal disorder. A more relevant test in this case will be a chromosomal test on the baby’s tissue obtained fr D&amp;C but this test is only conclusive if the tissue was obtained soon after the baby has deceased. And usually when miscarriage or bleeding occurs, the baby would have passed away a while ago. I had GA during the D&amp;C so can’t feel pain. Yours is LA I suppose. I had LA before for a minor surgery and I could still feel pain during the surgery. So you are normal.

Pls don’t start blaming yourself because more than half of 1st trimester miscarriages are due to a chromosomal problem in the fetus (a result of either random occurring “bad egg”, “bad sperm” or errors that occurred during cell division process during fertilization). My gynae told me that among all the eggs that we possess, there are definitely bad ones and its really luck sometimes. Yes, my gynae is fr Gleneagles &amp; you can email me for his contact/add at [email protected]

And one very important thing to highlight to you and CREATEJOY,
it is probably a must to do a virginal ultrasound two weeks or more after your D&amp;C to ensure that ur cervix has closed and that there are no more leftover placental in your uterus according to my gynae. Before you ensure ur cervix is closed (usually 2 wks after D&amp;C), there cannot be any intercourse or there might be risk of uterus infection. Hope you two recover well in all aspects yah..

hi ladies, i just want to thank all of u.

Although this is my first posting, i have been following this thread for 2 weeks now..when gynae told us she could not detect hb just before xmas. Moreover, bb only measure 6wk2days when i'm supposed to be 8weeks. However as i did not have spotting and my menses irregular, gynae said to give bb a chance to see if hb can be detected in a week. During this time, i started reading about mc and DnC. I share with my DH about wat i learnt so that he can be mentally prepared too.

Reading your experiences and your kind words of encouragements prepared me for the dreaded confirmation.

It's day 5 after dnc and everything is well. Went under GA so no pain. Given 2 antibotics and painkiller. Did not have to take the painkiller as the cramps are mild. Was given appt to see gynae in 4weeks.

I haven't tell some of my relatives and frens abt the mc as i did not want to spoil their holiday mood. Recently went to a gathering only to learn a good fren is preg almost the same time as me. She went on and on complaining how 'tough' is her pregcy. I really want to tell her i rather be in her position and to be thankful that she's still preg. Oh well, i still wish her well.

Here's wishing all a blessed 2008 and baby dust to all who are ttc.

Hi Avocado,

I hope you are feeling better. I know it is tough especially when it happens over festive period, making things even worse. Please take care of yourself. The menses is normal as long as it is not heavy bleeding.

Hi createjoy,

Which gynae are you seeing at NUH? I was with NUH too, I don’t know if I was given any scan right after the D&amp;C but when I return for my consultation after 2 weeks I wasn’t given any scan. It was only after a month when I am still bleeding, and then I was given a scan and blood test.

Ladies,

For my case, as my MC is also during the 1st trimester, I believe it might be due to chromosomal problem or purely bad luck with the lab, but since this is the 1st MC, the doctor didn’t insist us to proceed with any test.

I planned to try soon, but before trying again, I was thinking whether my body is baby friendly. And is there any test that I should go for. I was doing some research which mention that sometime it could be our immune system been the culprit after all. But at this point I do not know what test I should ask. Does anyone know about the test we should go thru?

hi rivernile,
U r right.As my baby oredi died 2weeks ago so my gynae said that the tissue has oredi died off.My gynae didn't explain much when i asked him further.

however, he mentioned that since i've had a first pregnancy, it is unlikely that we've chromosomal disorder. So I don't reali get u when u mentioned that my 1st preggie was lucky as there is slight chance tat my baby survived with either the parents having a chromosomal disorder. So do u mean that i shld still carry on the test b4 i try for the 2nd baby?

do u mean that we shld make sure that the cervix is closed b4 intercourse?My gynae scheduled to meet me 1month later.

Hi Yokoh
Me just lost BB too. It was a "missed abortion" according to d. Suppose to b 8 weeks preggie, but d size of d foetus was shown as 5 weeks upon scanning. &amp; there wasnt any heartbeat, according to d gynae by 8 weeks, suppose to b able to detect heartbeat.

From d beginning me not dat keen in having BB, as HB want to start a family so me go along &amp; bear those attitude as if kena preggie den kena lor. It seem like a punishment for me, it was only when we realised dat we r losing d bb, dat i came to realise dat i wanted to bear a BB for HB.

Washed out the sac on PH, a day where pple celebrates.

Still feel sad &amp; cries nowadays. Gynae said to build up my health &amp; try again, there r many many chance. It is a console &amp; now drawing encouragement from my parents &amp; bro.

Thru dis lose, HB &amp; me sort of grow stronger together in some way. Learnt dat HB had tried all his means to protect me against further upsets during those saddening days, even though he himself is nursing d sorrow.

Hi Avocado,

Sorry for the confusion caused by language used. I meant that, it is unlikely (very slight chance) that your first pregnancy was so lucky that your baby was healthy when the parents are carry chomosomally abnormal genes. In other words, it is unlikely that chomosomally abnormal parents can have healthy babies and unlikely for such mere luck to exist (although I read it has happened before from overseas statistics). So with ur first kid as a living proof, you &amp; ur hubby are chromosomally normal and you don't have to do that test. I am not so sure about myself since this MC is my 1st pregnancy, so I have sent hubby and my blood sample for the tests. Still waiting for the result.

For the testing baby tissue, gynae mentioned that there are couples who received void test results as the tissues have died and could not be cultivated for tests.

Yes, its better to ensure that cervix is closed because during D&amp;C, the cervix was softened by a drug inserted and later dilated. So time must be given to ensure it returns back to its original state. But usually it takes 2 weeks to close (my ultrasouund showed so), so if it has been two weeks, we should be quite safe. You can see your gynae at 1mth later no problem, but maybe give yourself at least 2 wks before any intimacy and also ensure that your bleeding has stopped.

Hi Ximi
I also thought of doing tests on my immune system and read the main causes are presence of anitbodies such as Anti-cardiolipin antibodies and Lupus anticoagulants (they caused blood clotting and interferes with proper functioning of planceta). But I decided to test for chomosomal disorder first. Am not so well-informed about the immune system problem, so can't say much and don't want to misled you with wrong info.

Hi Yokoh, sorry to hear about your loss. Be strong and treat yourself well.

Back