Fdzul

Hi,

FTM here. My milk came in 3 weeks postpartum & They came in Full force. I’m having an overactive let-down & of course oversupply. This cause my baby to gag, choke and fuss everytime during BF. I know BF makes you bond more with baby but due to this experience plus sore nipples , made me gave formula to my baby. Previously I pumped out & feed expressed milk to relieve my engorged breasts. But pumping made it worst & increases my supply more. Plus pumping makes me more stress and waste my time more instead of spending it with my baby and resting. So now I constantly have engorged breasts and clogged duct. It made my Bf journey more traumatic & I’ve decided “fed is best”. I rather have a happy baby and a stres-free feeding experience than one with breasts pain, heartache and gagging/choking baby.

We’re 5 weeks old now. I’ve decided to stop pumping and BF my baby. I’ve decided to give full formula from now on. I hope noone will judge me for my decision cause I really need help to relive my engorged breasts and clogged duct.

I hope any mommies out there can advice me on how to stop my milk supply so that i won’t be living with this rock hard breasts all the time. I’m currently only expressing a little under warm shower to relive them, but its only for a short time & the breasts will be rock hard again. I’ve also read I shouldn’t pump as this will signal the body to make more milk but pumping may be the best way for me to relieve myself.

I appreciate any sort of help, advice and recommendations.
Thanks.

Hi,

FTM here. My milk came in 3 weeks postpartum & They came in Full force. I’m having an overactive let-down & of course oversupply. This cause my baby to gag, choke and fuss everytime during BF. I know BF makes you bond more with baby but due to this experience plus sore nipples , made me gave formula to my baby. Previously I pumped out & feed expressed milk to relieve my engorged breasts. But pumping made it worst & increases my supply more. Plus pumping makes me more stress and waste my time more instead of spending it with my baby and resting. So now I constantly have engorged breasts and clogged duct. It made my Bf journey more traumatic & I’ve decided “fed is best”. I rather have a happy baby and a stres-free feeding experience than one with breasts pain, heartache and gagging/choking baby.

We’re 5 weeks old now. I’ve decided to stop pumping and BF my baby. I’ve decided to give full formula from now on. I hope noone will judge me for my decision cause I really need help to relive my engorged breasts and clogged duct.

I hope any mommies out there can advice me on how to stop my milk supply so that i won’t be living with this rock hard breasts all the time. I’m currently only expressing a little under warm shower to relive them, but its only for a short time & the breasts will be rock hard again. I’ve also read I shouldn’t pump as this will signal the body to make more milk but pumping may be the best way for me to relieve myself.

I appreciate any sort of help, advice and recommendations.
Thanks.

You can try to drag pump slowly day by day and only pump like 10-15 min. Slowly the brain will produce less milk. If u want fast, see Dr to take med to reduce milk asap

Reduce d time u pump n slowly stretch d time interval of your pumping. (like in my case... 3 hourly... stretched to 3 hrs 10 - 15 min some may think can stretch more... but my engorgement can b quite bad... so i just stretched a bit so it's really up 2 individual)

We even bought an extra freezer 2 store my excess milk. Use it 2 shower my LO or do face mask when d freezer becomes full....

Back