Still not giving up hope :)

sierrastorm

Hi based on my LP. I should be around 6-7 weeks pregnant. And i have irregular cycles . I found a faint line that i was pregnant on the 17th before i headed back to Penang for a 2 week trip. over the next few days i diligently tested my urine. and the line somewhat got darker. My hubby asked me to go confirm my pregnancy at the hospital in Penang. I went for my first ultrasound on 19th. Oddly the doctor did not request to do any blood test for me. just scan and told me nothing could be found. womb was clear. ask me to come back a week later for repeat.

a week later on 24th dec. i went back to scan. this time they still could not see anything on the scan and found a 2cm cyst instead. dr was worried and mention that it might be ectopic pregnancy & dr gave me 10days duphaston tabs. heart sanked. what a way to celebrate christmas eve. so i went on as normal.

flew back to sg a few days ago. and on 30th i started to spot abit. so today on new years eve - 31st i head over to TMC. Dr did both ultrasound and virginal scan. found a tiny dot. but mention that its was too small based on my dates. and is worried for ectopic as well. he send me to the x-ray dept to do a more detail scan to confirm what it is. again i had to re-do the ultrasound and virginal scan . report came out showing an irregular gestation sac 0.4cm less than 4 weeks gestation with no fetal pole. also my hcg count was only 177.

dr concluded its not a viable pregnancy and ask me to do a D&C today. but i told him i want to wait another week to decide.

:( honestly part of me still thinks there is a hope . and maybe by next week there might be some growth . so kinda sad. i certainly don't want to rush into a D&C . and glad they have ruled out ectopic. but would love to hear from you ladies out there. any miracle stories similar to my case? and worse case scenario
- what to expect if i need to go for a d&c . how many days of confinement food i must take.

thanks and hugs

Hi based on my LP. I should be around 6-7 weeks pregnant. And i have irregular cycles . I found a faint line that i was pregnant on the 17th before i headed back to Penang for a 2 week trip. over the next few days i diligently tested my urine. and the line somewhat got darker. My hubby asked me to go confirm my pregnancy at the hospital in Penang. I went for my first ultrasound on 19th. Oddly the doctor did not request to do any blood test for me. just scan and told me nothing could be found. womb was clear. ask me to come back a week later for repeat.

a week later on 24th dec. i went back to scan. this time they still could not see anything on the scan and found a 2cm cyst instead. dr was worried and mention that it might be ectopic pregnancy & dr gave me 10days duphaston tabs. heart sanked. what a way to celebrate christmas eve. so i went on as normal.

flew back to sg a few days ago. and on 30th i started to spot abit. so today on new years eve - 31st i head over to TMC. Dr did both ultrasound and virginal scan. found a tiny dot. but mention that its was too small based on my dates. and is worried for ectopic as well. he send me to the x-ray dept to do a more detail scan to confirm what it is. again i had to re-do the ultrasound and virginal scan . report came out showing an irregular gestation sac 0.4cm less than 4 weeks gestation with no fetal pole. also my hcg count was only 177.

dr concluded its not a viable pregnancy and ask me to do a D&C today. but i told him i want to wait another week to decide.

:( honestly part of me still thinks there is a hope . and maybe by next week there might be some growth . so kinda sad. i certainly don't want to rush into a D&C . and glad they have ruled out ectopic. but would love to hear from you ladies out there. any miracle stories similar to my case? and worse case scenario
- what to expect if i need to go for a d&c . how many days of confinement food i must take.

thanks and hugs

Hugs. It's certainly not a nice way to have ended the year with but I also think, if I were you, give yourself another week or so. I did read somewhere before that some bfp gals found the good development of the sac abit later. I mean we don't know what time will bring....but if it's still a faint hope, one more week is still worth the wait.

If it doesn't turn out the way we like it to be, the d&c is a day surgery and you can be out of the hospital 3-4hrs after the scheduled procedure. I would suggest 2 weeks of confinement. Women are at their weakest right after labour/mc so the body is like a powerful sponge and it's the best time to load with nutrients. This is also for preparation for your next ttc journey.

May good news come to you.

Back