SMH Scrapbooking Club !!!!

As expected, here you go for my next layout while monitoring my son's fever. Dunno to be thankful or not that I have time for scrapbooking

1339942.jpg

Hi,
I've confirmed with Laines we are shifting the stamp & paint class to 7 May (Wed)....(hehe...Annissa can we have free lunch pls)....kindly be reminded to pay by this mth end, give Laines your HP # so they can text you what to bring closer the date....& finally, also most importantly(since no one had disagree yet), we are going for techniques...pls do not request for change to completing album at the last min. cos it would be a different basis of preference for signing up this particular class ...Thanks!

Here is my output:
Strike a Pose
1343460.jpg

"ANYA...you were barely 3 days old and you know how to pose for the camera!!! Sure you have followed my vain-ness. High 5 to you.

1st Moment
1343461.jpg

"Other then when you were in my womb for the last 37.5 weeks, this is my first time to have held you so close to me. This moment is deep in my heart which I'll never forget."

Here I'm
1343462.jpg

Mumy took these pix to showcase my new haircut. The auntie at the saln downstairs didnt do a good cut for me and mummy wont b visiting her regular salon that soon, thus she has decided to DIY!!!! I would give mummy a 9/10 for the litte jaggle, not so straight cut"

Envy envy to see all postings..Annissa like the way you have meticulously took the photos at every moments......

I have been obssessed with my storage solutions recently cos the plastic toyogo helps to storage well cos it is relatively deep in shelve space but you can imagine I can't remember what i have after a while & it takes me half an hr each to unload & pack again during each crop session...new storgae beginning to take shape now...inspirations renewing soon....cheers!!

Ginncher
Ha ha maybe can check out the ikea table both me and cheng has. I am quite happy with it. My step 1 choose photo and papers
Then draft without thinking of embellishments.
Each drawers is filled with different kind of embellishments, I just look at it and pull out those I need. I have stamps pad in another box, ribbons in another.

So packing is quite easy after I finish scrapbooking

But of course you probably have more stuff than me

heehee CL, I saw your tables but you have other storage area for other things cos it is meant for the table to be drawn down...I need something to pack most in...thus just invested in a hanging storage system with trays below...handing system like those for hanging clothes....hee...like it very much...but still packing....

Thanks ladies. Last LO is my try on cut-out flower for slight 3D effect, I pop them up with glue dots. Flowers need to be of reasonable size to have the full 3D effect.

CL, not enough for her!!!!

Recently, my style is:
1) choose photo(s);
2) sketch in my mind on how I want to present it
3) take out paper stack to mix and match;
4) cutting, pasting, matting.

I'll stop here n carry on to the next LO.

Embellishment, title and journalling will done on another day.

Hi ladies!

looking at ur beautiful scrapbook, makes me wanna learn it too! can anyone share with me how do i start? thanks!

Hi dog,

Welcome! I took the easiest way to learn, by buying a SEI kit from Chicken Little here. Cos SEI kit comes complete & allows you to know what scrapbooking basic techniques are all about. I didn't regret those first steps.

Cheers.

True, I started from those SEI kit too. It's a idiot-proof kit. From there then you decide if you are keen to persue further. I was STRUCKED since then!!!!

thanks ginncher n annissa! Apperciate it for sharing with me.

Hi chicken little,

May i know how do i buy the SEI kit from u? Tks!

Hi Dog,
tried to pm you to avoid business talk here but you do not accept leh. You email me at [email protected] with your theme in mind , will recommend the kits for you.

Annissa, Ginncher,
It was great sharing the kit with you and enjoy exchanging ideas and lobang for purchase of sb stuff with both of you. then again no so good for our pocket ha ha

CL...remembered more than 1 yr ago I told you I've wanted to try scrapbooking but didnt know where and how to start. You are the evil one that got me stucked in this expensive hobby but thank you my friend, no regret.

My LOs are tooo clean cut, I need to do more messy/layering LOs.....how how how???

No prob...Dog. Thru' SB, gotto know a few of these kakis....worth it! evil or not..heee

haha CL, Annissa is right ....you are the root of that evil....heehee...great to have this chance to bounce the ball back at you...hhahahaaa.

Annissa, maybe it'll help if you put all your embellishment barangs infront of you as you try to finish an LO & target to squeeze in a no. of min. embellishments? You know me leh...got a tendency to feel uncomfortable with blank spot & can't help but slab something over..sigh...that's why SB is like a box of choc to me..from beginning I dunno what I will end up with by the time I reach the end...so me oso trying to balance w/ lesser mess...

Annissa,
We belong to the systematic kind due to our profession oso ha ha quite difficult to be very messy.

Ginncher,Annissa
Aiyo introduce you to the world of sb, now you all say like that "sob sob"

Dog
I know annissa for a while, then a gathering at my place with a sales spokesperson ( another common friend) sell this idiot proof kit well to her. she got buy in partly because of the sales talk lah

Ginncher was a customer now my sb kaki ha ha

Hmm ok now i shall find the culprit. It all started when my Jan 06 mummy thread has got this class for sb from Oct 06 from then on I am hooked plus Cheng also introduce me to this all in one kit which makes it so simple for me. So culprit is Cheng ????

I assume you have emailed me. Will reply you via email

haha, sb is addictive, do not need much convincing! But I'm glad to find this hobby. Whenever I have some free time, I will make it a point to scrap. And the outputs are meaningful :>

Annissa
I read from a sb magazine that there are 4 styles of scrappers: clean and classic, digital & hyrid, romantic and shabby chic and lastly modern and eclectic. All the samples shown are beautiful! So embrace your style :p

Storage
Ginny, share your storage system when free :p Me trying to organize my stuff too. You know...when you need to talk about 'storage system' it means TOO MUCH STASH :p hahaha.. I'm guilty too. Need to scrap more!

SB
its too additive and expensive... but heng HB nv complaine much abt this hobby of mine [partly cos i am not spending his money all getting the materials etc] and somehow i manage to talk him into getting me a scrap room when we gotten our own flat... hehehe~ den when i got a scrap room of mine own, i confirm will jio all of u up for a cropping session okay?

thanks ginncher
its kinda the messy bo chap look... hahaha.. leave quite a bit of empty space around the album so i can fill in the blank when i have some quiet time alone to think back on my feelings and thoughts at those time [2 years back]

did this album by making use of the 4"x6" journal note by Making Memories... its actually a 'sample' at my gallery site... hehehe

Morning ladies,

Still rem me? The one who bot a lot of things but never had a complete LO... haha...
Me still as busy ever leh. All my LO all half done like that... sigh... need motivation...
Now i so dun dare to walk past Laines or MadeWithLove... walk in liao, sure buy again... haa...

Anyway, love all the LOs you all did! Bravo!

Hi vivan_phoebe,
Can we call you VP for short? Very long nick.

Do you want us to help set a deadline for your first LO, just to start engine....haha...

Cheers.

VP,
go attend classes sure have output.

Dorcas
You are so lucky and the journal notes very nice

Ginncher
Since we have that notes, can steal" idea" liao

Ladies
Shall we have a get to together crop ? Anyone any suggestion otherwise it is my place at CCK liao

ginncher,

haa.. sure...VP will do. =)
Actually i have a SEI kit, small small but I simply refused to follow the standard LO provided so take years to do just one LO.... haa... photo paste in liao but haven do the journaling and embellishments... sigh...

VP
ha ha go set timeline and finish it otherwise never will do. for me aiyo dec attend class wait till last month then complete all

VP
so far me and ginny , cheng we take leave to attend class or take evening class. Make a point for Me time

come my place ha ha i babysit him you crop with other mummies

CL,
I can't take leave one. I am a teacher. No leave system.
sad.gif

haa... sure you want to babysit my boy? think he will drive you crazy... haa....

VP
ok then we wait for holiday we take leave you come. Ha ha I have a 26 months son so nothing new lah. My house have enuff toys to drive him crazy too ha ha

CL,

Onz!! haa... my vacation got to wait till June liao... hee... so exciting...
Hmm... let me see if i can get at least ONE LO done before June comes... hee...

Started a journal on my kid. Title "SHE SAID & DO JOURNAL". Purpose is to document the things she said & do along the way, so chosen a 6" diameter elsie booklet for the purpose. Thus far, only decorated the back of front cover which I am leaving as it is.

Here it goes:
A handwritten message hidden in the tag "SHE SAID many things which I wish I had remembered or journalised down but I guess it is not too late to commence the journey now. For you, Ting. Luv, Mummy". (Actually I had subsequently added glitter onto the flower in the pix..)

1349055.jpg

1349056.jpg

hi,
i'm quite new to scrapbooking. may i know if it's worthwhile to invest in a quickutz squeeze? is it only used on paper and how much is it in sg?

dorcas

love your layout. ha ha always very pleasant to my eyes

Och
I bought my squeeze at 299 at MWL with bag, squeeze and a set of fonts.

I think can ask annissa, ginncher they got theirs via ebay cheaper and their fonts oso from ebay. It is the font which you need to invest.

For me I have 1 font for my revo and 1 fon plus shadow font for my squeeze and I quite happy liao

hi och,
Bought both my squeeze & revo. from Junior De Artist @ L3 Novena Sq. They came as a package & at promo price but no matetr what, it will be pricer than purchasing from ebay. But JDA provides 1 yr warranty for the machines....so i guess the premium comes with a peace of mind. pls don't ask me price, cos I do not remember. Annissa better person to check with.

As for the dies, I got all from ebay other than those under the package with machines.

Hope this helps.

Btw, have not tried but heard revo/squeeze does not cut felt well, though ok for paper & foam & foil. Anyone has comment on this?

Revo
i had mine only for about 1 month plus, before my dear cousin took it from me.
Revo can cut felt but abit ma fan, and only to certain type of felt.. haven really got the change to really play with it. so its just my 2 cents thoughts

chicken little, ginncher,
thanks for ur comments! i'll go check out ebay. i saw the squeezer selling for only US$49.99 in the us n the revo for US$89.99. not sure if i should just ship it over here.

besides fonts, is it worthwhile to invest in the other die sets?

Back