Sharing your views on Bad/Good Overseas Spree Organisers

hi dearest

i need help...i been doing RL spree but my shipping calculation is always based on
Formula = Retail cost/Total Retail Cost X International Shipping charged

i feel its really hard to pleased every spreeiest. can anyone help me with the formula of weight charges instead...

i try to be fair to everyone but its nv tis case lei...
sad.gif

hi LT,

for weight charges...

Assume the total weight for all the items in the box is 1000gram. (u need to get a weighing machine to weigh all the items everytime..those kitchen scale... i purposely got a digital one.. so as to be as precise as i can... some kitchen scale for weighing flour kind.. can be 10-20g inaccurate..)
(see? spree org also must spend money to buy extra gadgets to be fair to spreeists...who's paying for the weighing machine??)

And shipping is US$100 (for example)

1000g = US$100 x exchange rate
1 gram = (US$100 x exchange rate)/1000

individual spreeist's items weigh together..
if her items is 250gram,

shipping = (US$100 x exchange rate)/1000 x 250

Hahha..feels like doing secondary maths...

I also distribute according to weight... cuz i feel fairer.. cuz my item may be cheap.. but heavy.. then pay lesser shipping...
Another person may be super cheap.. but like Jeans is heavy..end up pay lesser shipping...
so weight is the best....
Actually volume is the best... but thats too much hassle.. imagine taking a ruler and measuring length x breadth x height..

will go mad.. this is only a spree...

else need to use vernier caliper (how to spell huh... secondary physics!!)

so weight is the best easiest for everyone and it makes sense if u buy something heavier, u pay more shipping.. unless u go by units.... also not so accurate....
depends on what..

I use units for my pediped sprees... cuz the boxes are quite standard... not too many variations..
happy.gif

hope this helps!
happy.gif

Rach - i oso dnt knw which is better. i gana say that its nt fair to based on cost over shipping but for spreeiest tat purchase oni one item at US70 it will cost abt 10+ for shipping compare to a person tat buy many small items and amt to 70. so if i used weight i got complain abt nt fair for small items so if i used amt over shipping i got complain abt too ex for 1 item

LT> I dun understand the last part... If My items small and light.. I pay lesser shipping..
If my items heavy I pay more for shipping...
I think that's very fair...
Nothing to do with cost of items le...
Imagine cost will mean if the item cost $70... And still need to pay more shipping cuz it's value is higher then The item would cost even more...
But if it's one small item that cost $70.. Then at least the weight not so exp...
I think for clothes wise.. Weight is most ideal...
happy.gif

Ok thanks dear...i will revised it and re-send to all spreeiest. cost i gana complain tat by value they pay more loh...haiz headache last time no complain nw gana lol...

LT, prob u have to set a standard yrself. happy with yr t&c then join yr spree. not happy then don't join. that's quite fair. all organisers have diff ways of calculating. u simply can't please everyone.

arghhhh i cant get it straight lei...i weight e items but doesnt tally wif my volumentric weight lei..hw arh.. nt an expert in volumentric weight...anyone can help..

i knw i cant hv e actual weight same as volumentric weight but i cant possibly absorb the balance amt of e shipping since its based on volumentric weight...RL boxes are big..den inside pack a few tiny items..hw arh i blur liao @_@

LT.. you can try
REAL WEIGHT OF ITEM / REAL WEIGHT OF ALL ITEMS * VOL WEIGHT
happy.gif

that will split all your 'weight" into "ratios"
happy.gif

hope that helps?

LT> I dun understand why Need to tally with vol weight since u using real weight??
Blur...

So long weight of all items inside the box = amount u paid for shipping
Then divide can le ma...
X vol weight again and divide is one more redundant step..
Think will derive at same answer as my formula...

PM me if u still can't get it.. I explain or show u my excels..
happy.gif

No need to bother abt vol. Weight?
Cuz real weight can never meet vol. Weight de...

Haiz Rach cause RL boxes is big loh den still include stupid hangers all tis so clothes weight doesnt tally wif e actual weight stated in the vpost invoice. eg: i got 2 parcel with actual weight of 4.1kg altogether but when clothes itself oni less den 3kg....so shd i based on 3kg divide by the shipping whereby i will get shipping charges per grams? den i will weigh their stuff and x e shipping charges per grams???

LT> yes!! U got it.. Just use ACTUAL WEIGHT / AMOUNT PAID.
what I'll do is I'll sort out everyone's loot accordingly then I start to weigh...

AAA - 3 pcs - 120g
BBB - 1pc - 50g
CCC - 10pcs - 540g
Total: 710g

Total paid for shipping: S$100.

710g = $100
1g = $100/710

SHIPPING:
AAA: 120 x 100/710
BBB: 50 x 100/710
CCC: 540 x 100/710

This is assuming only 3 person's loot la..
If got more ppl then just divide accordingly...
That why I use excel...
Copy paste formula.. Easy..
Just need to weigh each spreeists item only....

So nothin to do with the weight stated on invoice...
Cuz that actual weight includes the weight of the box as well..
By using my formula, u are already splitting the cost of the weight of the box by everyone le... If ur item is heavier, naturally also occupied more space inside the box...

But this works for clothes... I assume RL is mostly clothes...
If toys then units would be better...
happy.gif

Jiayou!!
happy.gif

I dunno how the hangers are given... Together with the clothes or separately?? If together with the clothes then weigh the hangers with the clothes that should come with it...
If separate I'll just throw away all the hangers and treat it redundant... Anyway u paid shipping based on volume...
With or without those hangers, Shipping fees paid is the same.. Isn't it?

rach - thanks v e muzhie...appreciate it..
happy.gif
finally i get it sorted out based on ur info..F e hanger and e actual weight of vpost ba...i cant pleased everyone so nw final bill i will based on ur recommendation of exact weight of all items / shipping cost...we cant pleased everyone...

LT> dun mention.. thats the formula i use all the time.. initially also stunned.. how to divide etc... then i realised... just divide among all the loot inside the box..thats the fairest... air space all share... no need to think abt empty space etc... who bear the cost? :p

<font color="aa00aa">Archive Part 1 - 2010:
https://spreadsheets.google.com/pub?key=0Armzq9tp4Q3ZdFp5MzE0MWNzZkJPNVg4dmNYVkVlY0E&amp;output=html</font>

<font color="ff0000">Advise to displeased people who "demand" their comments to be posted in spreadsheet but comments have been removed with NO notice given:</font>
1. ask moderator to set up a system too, see if moderator can help:
http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/messages/2/1489806.html?1289207918
2. Post with your own forum nick OR nicks in this forum, if cannot post here, do post in other threads
3. Create your own spreadsheet and have your own rules
4. <font color="ff0000">DO NOT “SPAM” THE SPREADSHEET or mis-use spreadsheet</font>
5. Do not view or post if think spreadsheet is unfair

<font color="ff0000">This spreadsheet is for BAD/GOOD OVERSEAS SPREE ORGANISERS ONLY. Please <u> do not post in spreadsheet </u> if you disagreed with the terms or think is “unfair”.</font>

<font color="ff0000"><font size="+1"> Things not to ask:</font></font>
1. who have posted the comments in the spreadsheet, as no records are shown. That is the pro and also con of the spreadsheet – anonymous for entry of records. Please do exercise your own judgement when reading the comments posted by others.
<u>Do beware of:</u> Bad organisers might post comments of themselves as "good organisers" or bad spreeists might also sabotage good organisers in spreadsheet etc.
2. for modification of spreadsheet (sorting the records or adding new information columns etc) as it is time consuming. Thank you for your understanding.

<font color="ff0000"><font size="+1">To view:</font></font>
https://spreadsheets.google.com/pub?key=0Armzq9tp4Q3ZdDlUNXZuU3FhckZIYzNMVTVPakNkRVE&amp;hl=en&amp;output=html

<font color="ff0000"><font size="+1">To post:</font></font>
https://spreadsheets.google.com/viewform?formkey=dDlUNXZuU3FhckZIYzNMVTVPakNkRVE6MQ

<font color="0000ff">Only selected comments made will be posted in the spreadsheet/forum to share.</font>
<font color="ff0000"><font size="+1">Please be considerate when entering comments.</font></font>

Thank you for sharing your comments/views on spree organisers. Hopefully a rating system will be created soon by moderator...

Hi all... Can anybody help pse? I accidentally transferred $27 meant for another spree organiser to this other organiser, lyke...

I have been trying to contact her but to no avail... I tried to PM her n post on her spree thread, but she refused to reply me...

Is there any way i can get my money bk?

Thks
happy.gif

sunshines11,
how long was that?
why not give her a few more days.
happy.gif

Maybe you post her full nickname here,
someone may have her contact number.

HTH,
Leng Leng
happy.gif

Hi Leng Leng, thks for e reply...

I only posted here as the transfer was done on 18th Jan...

In any case, its a misunderstanding in e end as she juz transferred e money bk to me at abt 9+pm as she was overseas n did not chk that email acc...

Isit poss for e moderator to delete e thread that i have posted above to b fair to her?

Thks all
happy.gif

Positive experience for spreeing with Rach ( rayrachel).
Her thread is organised and her spreadsheet states the status clearly. Prompt n fast response plus her superb memory to manage multiple sprees n consolidate n courier to spreeist who join diff sprees organized by her. She is like a mini Vpost
happy.gif

https://spreadsheets.google.com/pub?key=0Armzq9tp4Q3ZdFp5MzE0MWNzZkJPNVg4dmNYVkVlY0E&amp;output=html</font>

<font color="ff0000">Advise to displeased people who "demand" their comments to be posted in spreadsheet but comments have been removed with NO notice given:</font>
http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/messages/2/1489806.html?1289207918
2. Post with your own forum nick OR nicks in this forum, if cannot post here, do post in other threads
4. <font color="ff0000">DO NOT “SPAM” THE SPREADSHEET or mis-use spreadsheet</font>

<font color="ff0000">This spreadsheet is for BAD/GOOD OVERSEAS SPREE ORGANISERS ONLY. Please <u> do not post in spreadsheet </u> if you disagreed with the terms or think is “unfair”.</font>

1. who have posted the comments in the spreadsheet, as no records are shown. That is the pro and also con of the spreadsheet – anonymous for entry of records. Please do exercise your own judgement when reading the comments posted by others.
<u>Do beware of:</u> Bad organisers might post comments of themselves as "good organisers" or bad spreeists might also sabotage good organisers in spreadsheet etc.
2. for modification of spreadsheet (sorting the records or adding new information columns etc) as it is time consuming. Thank you for your understanding.

https://spreadsheets.google.com/pub?key=0Armzq9tp4Q3ZdDlUNXZuU3FhckZIYzNMVTVPakNkRVE&amp;hl=en&amp;output=html

https://spreadsheets.google.com/viewform?formkey=dDlUNXZuU3FhckZIYzNMVTVPakNkRVE6MQ

<font color="0000ff">Only selected comments made will be posted in the spreadsheet/forum to share.</font>
<font color="ff0000"><font size="+1">Please be considerate when entering comments.</font></font>

Thank you for sharing your comments/views on spree organisers. Hopefully a rating system will be created soon by moderator...

Hi Rach,

I think your formula is awesome, but I wonder why alot of organisers still like to go by units when it's rather ambiguous. Even in the case of boxed items, can go by volume of each box and divide perhaps?

Maybe it's too troublesome to weigh/measure, so just piak the units. I end up having to pay twice for the shipping sometimes because of that ): Don't really dare to buy bulkier items from sprees! But I seem to be paying for the other items shipping lol.

Joyce

Thanks Joyce...
But units is definitely more time saving and u dun have to weigh them like what u said..
happy.gif

Just allocate an unit and tadah the shipping is worked out...
I separate the loots into various people's... And then weigh each stack individually before I tabulate them...
ESP for sprees like old navy, gap. carters, osh kosh etc...

But if all items are the same... Units will be suffiicient.. Like Desitin, pediped, honey... Etc..
happy.gif

hoping to use this thread to look for bp organiser: joyce ( i think ).

she organised bp to turn photos into canvas. does anyone have her contact to share?

sunshines11,

Sharing my thoughts...

As a spree organiser, I ever did kena once a wrong TT... Best part is thru ATM tt.

The spreeistst did contacted me to ask me to do the TT back to her act.

I was not too sure if she is pulling my leg or trying her luck to get some cash back from me...

As her spree organiser, I am recieving many TT per day. Is very hard to keep track esp if is a ATM TT and almost the same amt as what my spreeists are tt over to my act...

Hence, give her some time to sort out and cfm is a wrong TT. I am sure she will TT back to you.

Alternative you may try to contact the bank and ask the back too contact her. At least she nod is not a fake transaction...

Want to ask, recently received post msg, my gap items 3.7 kg but volumetric weight 7.4kg. One box even 13kg in volumetric weight.
Almost every biox is like that. I dot recall gap/ ON packing in such huge boxes. I have not received the items but just based on vpost notification
Any one encounter this?

<font color="aa00aa">Hi, Trapped (trapped):</font> <font color="000000">Is it the same Maybemummy? I thought her account has been discountinued?
proud.gif
</font>

Hi Rach, totally agree on your formula, I was the same way to calculate shipping when based on weight as well
happy.gif

I feel that's the fairest as well, so weight of box is divided accordingly.

HI, i have join the Braun thermometer spree by Comics for ex-stock. She email me on 3rd June to make payment by 4th June 3pm for the thermo. I did so at 3rd June night. Drop her email, post in her thread, till today no reply. Am not hearing anything from her despite several emails. What shld i do?

<font color="aa00aa">Hi, elise31 (elise31):</font> <font color="000000">Probably she went overseas for holiday and may not be able to respond to you timely. Probably you can wait for a few more days and re-send your email to her. </font>

I was reading the RWS SMH scam and goggle it and found this blog. I am just shocked that another mummy could pretend to be a single mum and get free items from the "Marketplace &amp; Exchange Corner: Free Items Only" which other mummies donate out of goodwill and sell it to others on different forums!!!

Read this blog... can't belive this is happening at SMH!!!

http://thezimaneffect.wordpress.com/

Back