Sharing your views on Bad/Good Overseas Spree Organisers

No... in SMH there is the "Free Items" section. Mummies gives out things willingly... than this particular mummy, she took the free items and said she is single mummy... then sell this free items to other forums. She even dare to come and collect with her husband driving her to the destination leh. She used to be active in WTS also. U ve to read from "About Ziman" to understand.

Oppsgal, u did'nt know abt this BP for RWS? It's in the Straits times leh... 2 plp are caught now and the plp who have paid, have not gotten their money back. You goggle and type "RWS Scam" to find the news.

Thanks, Rina.

I just know about the Rws case.

Have to be-careful of scam online. Even report also cannot get money back? That's a lot of money!

Little Mouse

At least this time round, she has stated clearly and in advance that she is residing in US unlike last time.

So, spreeists got to do their maths before joining her spree. Don't just join blindly and later complain.

May I just ask why are we always using actual wt to cal shipping charges for spreeist when vpost is charging us based on volumetric wt..

Since we are paying based on vol wt, it doesn't matter what is the weight of each item, be it 100g or 500g. As such, why cant we just divide the shipping / no. of items in each batch?

Of course, if the item is bulky, eg. shoe box or huge bag, that causes the merchant to send in 'out of normal' big box, then spree organiser should/could measure the item (based on vol wt) and compute shipping charges based on vol wt for tt item.

happywai

Because it is not fair to divide by items. If item is small and light weight, while some items are heavier weight, then the person who buy small and light weight item will feel unfair.

Unless the spree is on a particular item only eg, melts, so all the melts are same weight.

Hi Ladies,

I've joined a spree where the charges were obviously vol. (cos all got boxes) and the shipping was thus divided by vol weight. However the box only had less than 5 items and mine was the smallest, thus there was empty spaces - I had to pay for that part. Oh well, I was charged 0.5 units (while the others was 1 unit) even though by actual vol. my box was probably only 0.1 unit. Overall price was still reasonable so I just paid since the items were here already.

I can't say for sure, but it seems as though for most of the sprees conducted, it will be more fair and convenient to split by weight with all the different shaped items and stuff like clothes. Anything with boxes - definitely vol weight :p

PS: I'm trying to coordinate my first spree now - I really see how much efforts are needed for some sprees when the websites aren't friendly and I've been having problems posting here sometimes!
BIG THANKS to *majority* of the spree organisers!

oppsgal - thanks for yr reply.. but why should the person who bought light item feels unfair? Logically, yes, heavier items should be charged higher shipping.. but vpost dun charged us based on actual wt, but vol wt.

Eg. A parcel's actual wt is 3kg and vpost charged vol wt 7kg.. it means, we are paying for the size/dimension of the parcel, not the weight, then why are we charging spreeist based on actual wt of their item. Since we are paying for the 'box', it doesn't matter if the spreeist item is 100g or 500g, it's all packed in the box that is being charged 7kg's shipping.

In fact, the fairest way to split shipping (for clothing) should be [(cost of spreeist's items)/(total cost for the batch)] x shipping... that's what i think.. ;p

Hi deon629,
I beg to differ... The person who buy a smaller item will feel unfair cuz example... I ordered an adult jeans and U ordered a baby romper But we pay the same shipping... Won't u feel kindda cheated?

I have pasted my shipping calculation previously i think in archive the page before...

What I normally do is I weigh ALL THE ITEMS individually and tally them up....
I dun care abt vpost's figures at all...
Say the total weight of all the items in the box is 4.5kg.
And the shipping charged is $100.
I'll find out the cost of per gram.
4500g ==> $100
1g ==> 100/4500.

Each spreeist pay 100/4500 x their items weight.
In this case, the "air space" and box weight would have been divided proportionately with the items weight...

I feel this is fairest for clothes items and party items...

For items that's homogeneous, like only cereal, or only thermometer, it's easiest.. Just divide by qty.. Since all have the same weight and volume...
happy.gif

Just my 2 cents worth...
happy.gif

Ooh... If u use cost.... Abit not so fair also....
What if a baby romper is example us$20...
And a jeans happen to be on sale for US$10 only....
Then I buy jeans very wu Hua.... Cheap cost and cheaper shipping... The one buying romper will be crying...
Romper already exp and still need pay more shipping...
happy.gif

Hope u get what I mean....
happy.gif

I haven't seriously tot abt my method if anyone will feel unfair or not.... But heavy items heavy shipping... Quite logical...
Unless we go measure the volume of each item... Which is so impossible la... Need vernier caliper Liaoz..
happy.gif

I was initially puzzled when I received my items from vPost. The actual weight I received differed from what vPost had emailed me. And if I were to divide according to vPost's info, I would have to absorb the extra, e.g. box volumetric weight.

To be fair, I weighed the loot I received and divided by the total shipping cost. After that I weighed each spreeist's ordered items to get the shipping costs. There's a lot of work here. It really depends on your organizer and whether you agree to her terms and conditions beforehand. Sometimes like when you get items which are shipped with a big box... then really there's nothing we can do. It's not as if it had been done deliberately by the organizer.

I used to order Coach items with my colleagues. Another colleague had a sister living in US so she would ship it to her hse and her sis would shipped it to SG to her. Of course then there is no volumetric weight issue since she took the efforts to pack everything nice and snug. But when we calculated by shipping, she used the cost of item to calculate.

So it was a little unfair to those who bot small little things but more ex than the bigger items. But we just forget it cuz it is still cheaper than what you would get in SG.

i think for Coach items.. i will go by unit...easier... smaller pouches/wallets will be lesser shipping than bigger bags... :p

Just want to say a big thank you to all mommies who take time/effort to organise sprees. From the rapid postings, OOS items, changes in requests, updating to monitoring payments/shipments etc, it's really arduous. Considering some of these ladies are working moms, I'm really amazed at their abilities to handle threads running concurrently.

I personally have no issues with shipping costs (whether by weight/unit) simply because these ladies have already helped me saved alot by getting the latest/discontinued/never-will-be-seen-here items for my family. The sprees have distinctly shaved 20% to 70% off prices for books, toys, footwear and clothes for sure. (Eg. Chinese book for pre-schoolers: S$4 from Dang Dang versus S$12 at Page One, clothing S$25 VS S$89 at store).

So long as the organiser of spree(s) is efficient in ordering, acknowledging payment and doesn't runaway with items/payment, I won't take issue with costs/rates/methods of calculation/waiting 3-6 weeks.

Thanks
happy.gif
Doris (Dang Dang books), Jxmum, Simplee, Simplyle, Slepyvon, Reira, Alien77, Kittybride and Lynetmama! Also grateful to the creator of the templates for good/bad spree organisers.

good thread. But base on the list there're many good and bad comments, some organiser got bad comments and good comments at the same time, so out of curiosity i tabulated out to see who's the worse and the best, anyone would like to make a guess?

<font color="aa00aa">Archive Part 1 - 2010:
https://spreadsheets.google.com/pub?key=0Armzq9tp4Q3ZdFp5MzE0MWNzZkJPNVg4dmNYVkVlY0E&amp;output=html</font>

<font color="ff0000">Advise to displeased people who "demand" their comments to be posted in spreadsheet but comments have been removed with NO notice given:</font>
1. ask moderator to set up a system too, see if moderator can help:
http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/messages/2/1489806.html?1289207918
2. Post with your own forum nick OR nicks in this forum, if cannot post here, do post in other threads
3. Create your own spreadsheet and have your own rules
4. <font color="ff0000">DO NOT “SPAM” THE SPREADSHEET or mis-use spreadsheet</font>
5. Do not view or post if think spreadsheet is unfair

<font color="ff0000">This spreadsheet is for BAD/GOOD OVERSEAS SPREE ORGANISERS ONLY. Please <u> do not post in spreadsheet </u> if you disagreed with the terms or think is “unfair”.</font>

<font color="ff0000"><font size="+1"> Things not to ask:</font></font>
1. who have posted the comments in the spreadsheet, as no records are shown. That is the pro and also con of the spreadsheet – anonymous for entry of records. Please do exercise your own judgement when reading the comments posted by others.
<u>Do beware of:</u> Bad organisers might post comments of themselves as "good organisers" or bad spreeists might also sabotage good organisers in spreadsheet etc.
2. for modification of spreadsheet (sorting the records or adding new information columns etc) as it is time consuming. Thank you for your understanding.

<font color="ff0000"><font size="+1">To view:</font></font>
https://spreadsheets.google.com/pub?key=0Armzq9tp4Q3ZdDlUNXZuU3FhckZIYzNMVTVPakNkRVE&amp;hl=en&amp;output=html

<font color="ff0000"><font size="+1">To post:</font></font>
https://spreadsheets.google.com/viewform?formkey=dDlUNXZuU3FhckZIYzNMVTVPakNkRVE6MQ

<font color="0000ff">Only selected comments made will be posted in the spreadsheet/forum to share.</font>
<font color="ff0000"><font size="+1">Please be considerate when entering comments.</font></font>

Thank you for sharing your comments/views on spree organisers. Hopefully a rating system will be created soon by moderator...

i've joined this spree recently by the nick of karen (Karenasj). Since last sat 23 Jul emails, she did not response to any one of the mummies ordered for the 2 spree threads:

1) http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/messages/590029/5686901.html
2) http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/cgi-bin/forumboard/show.cgi?590029/5552308

in her email, the meetup at redhill mrt stt was yesterday, she did not leave her hp no. despite my multiple emails to her, one of the mummy and myself turned up, but we waited for an hr, no sign n not even a single sms or a call from her!!! looks like she is out to cheat our hard-earned $$!!!

now am really panicked......

This karen was already receiving 3 bad comments in the worksheet in this thread.

We should keep this thread alive, and all mummies must check the listing before buying from spree!

No doubts that there're deficiency in this worksheet, but if a person receives 15 good comments but 30 bad comments, i'll think twice before buying from her.

From my last check, the best spree organisers are Jxmum, Jun3 (josephine) and Ocean! I think they deserve the appraiser from all by having 9, 8 and 6 good comments and without a single bad comment! Thanks dears!

ooooohhh gosh, i didn't check this thread on the bad organiser, if not, i will not join her spree at all, looks like am really got cheated, which pay a lesson for it....

I'm in Karen's Batch 16. I understand all the anxious mom's feeling. I admit sometimes she may slow in responding all replies, just give her another chance. I do receive my stuff within a week.

yes, of cos anxious, she just went missing without any responsives emails, u know u suppose to collect the stuff from her, waited for an hr, no tel no to call n she did not leave one either....the feeling is extremely awful!! at that moment, u will be thinking, oh dear, am i got cheated!!

Zbuzz, understand your frustration cos I am also one of hEr spreeists. But she did say she is going away for the weekend till mon and today she updated as her flight got delayed. If you check her spree list, you would realize some already got their goods. Btw, I still have not gotten my stuff cos I opted for courier and did not tt over before she left.

Olwen Lim

think you can email the organisers, to check if they organising any new spree?

Sometimes they do private sprees?

regarding this Karen, i saw that she's not responding all the queries to her previous batches of spree but organising new spree again, and in the new spree i saw many 'posting on behalf', i did a search on those nick name, and guess what those nick name don't exist at all!
She's probably posting those 'posting on behalf' to give ppl wrong impression that many still ordering from her.

Music box, I bought from Karen twice. True she may be slow in responding. But I have gotten my things as arranged and planned for. She also communicates alright with emails for arrangement. I have no complaints about her at all.

Well, this will leave to those mummies to decide whether they would want to buy from someone so slow in responding lo.

Hi,

I just organised my first spree on Gerber Baby Food and i'm shocked with the shipping charges I need to pay. I have used Vpost before and its been alright, this is the first time im using for food. I dont understand why Vpost is charging by the volumetric weight which ends up around 15 kg per box but items inside only weigh 5 kg... how do I calculate to make sure it is shared and spreeist only pay for shipping charges based on their weight?
I already stated the price for items include shipping charges and packaging materials, based on Happy Baby sprees. Little did I expect such a huge shipping fee!
Now I am just worried I will have to absorb the huge amount for shipping.. it's already $300 plus for just 2 boxes and still 2 or 3 more boxes to process.
Can anyone please help advise me? I dont feel like organising any more batches
sad.gif

Linda, I understand your concerns... I suggest that since volumetric weight is higher than actual weight, you calculate shipping according to volume.
e.g. if the item states volume 5 oz (and you can easily verify this by looking at product description, so there is no dispute) and the total volume of all the items in the order is 50 oz, shipping can be calculqted as:
5 oz/total vol of items 50 oz x shipping cost $300
That is what I do for my l'Occ sprees where volumetric wt is higher than actual.

To me that would be the fairest way. You should not be blamed for the high volumetric weight.

You can of course call vpost and tell sob story and SOMETIMES you can get away with an extra 5% discount. But they are really strict these days.

For builky items, it;s best to go by direct international shipping eg buy from iherb instead.

Good luck
happy.gif

Hi Marie,

Really appreciate your help. Its really a lot of effort to arrange a spree. So much calculations to factor in and arrange collections or postage. I admire all who can do this whilst looking after their family and working. Its amazing.
I've usually stuck with vpost rather than direct as it works out cheaper. Never did I expect such difference. I think I will try call vpost and see if they can reduce it o help me in any other way.
Will wait til the first batch items arrive before I take in anymore orders for the second batch. Just dont feel right to ask the mummies to top up for shipping cos I didnt know volumetric measurements would preceed actual weight. This experience is definitely an eye opener. Just dont want to loose money over ridiculously high shipping costs
sad.gif

Uhh.. Just wondering if any spree organisers experienced spreeists not collecting their items? I have some items with me for one spreeist back from June and until now, still not collected. She kept ordering as I open new sprees, for the first couple batches, she has paid the first round, and the last couple, she didn't at all, and since I see she has outstanding items with me, I took in her order. I have been sms-ing her, she said she was too busy to tt, etc. But now, no reply. Haiz... What am I supposed to do?

hi wingkei

since she is sooo irresponsible despite ur smsing...u should sell off her items online, otherwise, u will be waiting n waiting....i know sometimes as a buyer we do busy wif children n not always have the time to go online to check mails n make payments, but we try our best to pay asap, so there's kind of mutual trust there....

this is just my opinion.....

zbuzz78

Hi zbuzz78,

Thanks for the kind words. I just felt bad about selling them since she did make payment for at least the first lot of stuff.

hey wingkei,
I think you shouldn't place order for her in the first place. I'm a buyer myself and I do understand the that no payment no order, just be firm in future and you won't have this type of problem
happy.gif

Maybe u can give her a deadline, if she still don't collect or pay, just sell off, no need to feel paiseh.

wingkei

usually pay then ordered.

Some really nice spree organisers do order for me before I pay, maybe only once out of the 30 times I bought from same organisers. maybe because of the trust...
happy.gif

so far no problem.

oopsgal

i agreed with u 100%!! some organisers do pay for me first b4 i can react!! they are so nice. this is really mutual trust...cheers, zbuzz78

Thanks all, the spreeist finally contacted me.
happy.gif

Spreeists who have bought with me first, I usually don't mind paying for them first, mutual trust, as you say.
happy.gif

<font color="aa00aa">Archive Part 1 - 2010:
https://spreadsheets.google.com/pub?key=0Armzq9tp4Q3ZdFp5MzE0MWNzZkJPNVg4dmNYVkVlY0E&amp;output=html</font>

<font color="ff0000">Advise to displeased people who "demand" their comments to be posted in spreadsheet but comments have been removed with NO notice given:</font>
1. ask moderator to set up a system too, see if moderator can help:
http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/messages/2/1489806.html?1289207918
2. Post with your own forum nick OR nicks in this forum, if cannot post here, do post in other threads
3. Create your own spreadsheet and have your own rules
4. <font color="ff0000">DO NOT “SPAM” THE SPREADSHEET or mis-use spreadsheet</font>
5. Do not view or post if think spreadsheet is unfair

<font color="ff0000">This spreadsheet is for BAD/GOOD OVERSEAS SPREE ORGANISERS ONLY. Please <u> do not post in spreadsheet </u> if you disagreed with the terms or think is “unfair”.</font>

<font color="ff0000"><font size="+1"> Things not to ask:</font></font>
1. who have posted the comments in the spreadsheet, as no records are shown. That is the pro and also con of the spreadsheet – anonymous for entry of records. Please do exercise your own judgement when reading the comments posted by others.
<u>Do beware of:</u> Bad organisers might post comments of themselves as "good organisers" or bad spreeists might also sabotage good organisers in spreadsheet etc.
2. for modification of spreadsheet (sorting the records or adding new information columns etc) as it is time consuming. Thank you for your understanding.

<font color="ff0000"><font size="+1">To view:</font></font>
https://spreadsheets.google.com/pub?key=0Armzq9tp4Q3ZdDlUNXZuU3FhckZIYzNMVTVPakNkRVE&amp;hl=en&amp;output=html

<font color="ff0000"><font size="+1">To post:</font></font>
https://spreadsheets.google.com/viewform?formkey=dDlUNXZuU3FhckZIYzNMVTVPakNkRVE6MQ

<font color="0000ff">Only selected comments made will be posted in the spreadsheet/forum to share.</font>
<font color="ff0000"><font size="+1">Please be considerate when entering comments.</font></font>

Thank you for sharing your comments/views on spree organisers. Hopefully a rating system will be created soon by moderator...

I see that most organizers now charge a handling fee or material fee these days. What is considered reasonable ?

If you pay 50 cents but the envelope was a recyled one, will you ask for refund?

Hi kanec, if it was me, I won't ask for refund.

I think all the organizer's efforts of ordering, paying, sorting, updating threads, going to post office is way worth the 50c and any bit of extra from the exchange rate difference.

Back