Sharing your views on Bad/Good Overseas Spree Organisers

oopsgal

i always have a spreadsheet (table or you call it) that are sent to all. but this is not pasted on the thread. this is to avoid showing the whole world who bought what, as i know of some people who are against showing people what they buy, even if its something as normal as a tee shirt.. it may be the size that they dont want people to know, or the item itself (bra or?) etc...

yes, i update when i make payment for shipping/ordering/ as well.
update when items reached SG, of course, and have a spreadsheet updated to show cost of items, shipping + postage/courier charges / topup/refunds available.

update when items are posted out, yes as well. its sent when i post out or courier pick up items. reminders are sent for those who are meeting ups as well.

answer queries, almost during the day, unless i really missed it out since gmail compiles all email and pile together..

to me, its fair that i send email, while other mummies update their thread.
i think both works fine as long as everyone gets the details they need in the end.
in the event of thread removal, i do have another site where the updates are hosted there as well. and that will never be removed.. haha.
i don't like to depend on the forum for updates.
what if it crashes, or the data get wiped out... that's for me lor
happy.gif

let's hear from others!
happy.gif

Jus met a 3* organiser, popular in organising fitflops spree. Bought wrong size, nice of her to change w me cos she got extra pair. 2hrs prior to do exchange w her, SMS me to say she found a buyer for her pair. I told her I'm on the way and she shld keep her promise. She did so...anyway I won't join her spree infuture.

<font color="aa00aa">Hi, celia:</font> <font color="000000">I think it is okay to tabulate the list of items which you have received and also update the status of payment timely in your thread so thhat spreeists are aware that you have locked in their orders with the suppliers and also their payment have been received by you.

I don't think there is any sensitive issues with regard to the details of the order unless of course you may be extending discounts to your returned customer and you do not wish to have that reflected in your table. For orders involving personal measurement, you may wish to consult the spreeists whether she is comfortable with posting such details in the thread.

By tabulating the order and payment status and posting them in your spree thread timely, spreeists have the avenue to double check their order details. That somehow will reduce the no. of emails to you enquiring about their order status, receipt of payment etc.

If you are opening different batches in a single spree, you may wish to remove those orders with delivery completed from your table so it will be neater and easier for long term maintenance.

Personally, I have been adopting this method in my own BP and some of my customers do check and revert to me if there are descrepancies so it really works both ways i.e. some form of transparency to both parties.

Since we are being entrusted with hard earn cash from fellow spreeists/customers, I think it's only human mentality that they want some form of updates to their orders
happy.gif
</font>

vonn, i don't really understand what is going on for you... so did she change with you in the end?
happy.gif
hope everything is fine...

bubuchan, because personally i don't like my orders to be flashed on the forum as well.. like free for all to see. and i have many spreeists who feedback and say "can you take this down, can you take that down" so in the end, the list is not comprehensive at all, its pointless..

as for discounts, no lah, everyone is equal, don't have personal codes for regulars etc de :p

i think everyone have a different method of doing things and people are used to different methods of seeing things being done, so different expectations?

my two cents worth
happy.gif

but ya i agree transparency is very important.. it builds trust!

Hi oppsgal, sorry to borrow your thread, I am looking for Celia as she did not update me on the status of my refund.

Hi Celia, would appreciate that you look into the refund of $182.86 to my account asap for the KS sample sale spree. Had waited 12 hours for you to check regarding the refund status as you mentioned that your internet got disconnected when you were at the confirmation page. I dont understand why you had the time to come to this thread and chat instead of actioning on my refund. $182.86 may not be a lot of money to you but it is to me and rightfully, it should be settled at the earliest since item is oos. It shouldn't take this long to see from your online statement that the funds did not go through.

Thanks!

~snoopy~

No problem. Understand the anxious over the big amount of money for refund.

Hopefully refund will be made soonest.

hello snoopy~

the refund had been made already and an email was send to clarify + reply posted on thread....
happy.gif

sorry and Thanks!

<font color="aa00aa">Archive Part 1 - 2010:
https://spreadsheets.google.com/pub?key=0Armzq9tp4Q3ZdFp5MzE0MWNzZkJPNVg4dmNYVkVlY0E&amp;output=html</font>

<font color="ff0000">Advise to displeased people who "demand" their comments to be posted in spreadsheet but comments have been removed with NO notice given:</font>
1. ask moderator to set up a system too, see if moderator can help:
http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/messages/2/1489806.html?1289207918
2. Post with your own forum nick OR nicks in this forum, if cannot post here, do post in other threads
3. Create your own spreadsheet and have your own rules
4. <font color="ff0000">DO NOT “SPAM” THE SPREADSHEET or mis-use spreadsheet</font>
5. Do not view or post if think spreadsheet is unfair

<font color="ff0000">This spreadsheet is for BAD/GOOD OVERSEAS SPREE ORGANISERS ONLY. Please <u> do not post in spreadsheet </u> if you disagreed with the terms or think is “unfair”.</font>

<font color="ff0000"><font size="+1"> Things not to ask:</font></font>
1. who have posted the comments in the spreadsheet, as no records are shown. That is the pro and also con of the spreadsheet – anonymous for entry of records. Please do exercise your own judgement when reading the comments posted by others.
<u>Do beware of:</u> Bad organisers might post comments of themselves as "good organisers" or bad spreeists might also sabotage good organisers in spreadsheet etc.
2. for modification of spreadsheet (sorting the records or adding new information columns etc) as it is time consuming. Thank you for your understanding.

<font color="ff0000"><font size="+1">To view:</font></font>
https://spreadsheets.google.com/pub?key=0Armzq9tp4Q3ZdDlUNXZuU3FhckZIYzNMVTVPakNkRVE&amp;hl=en&amp;output=html

<font color="ff0000"><font size="+1">To post:</font></font>
https://spreadsheets.google.com/viewform?formkey=dDlUNXZuU3FhckZIYzNMVTVPakNkRVE6MQ

<font color="0000ff">Only selected comments made will be posted in the spreadsheet/forum to share.</font>
<font color="ff0000"><font size="+1">Please be considerate when entering comments.</font></font>

Thank you for sharing your comments/views on spree organisers. Hopefully a rating system will be created soon by moderator...

Those regular spree organizers, when someone asked you for advice, will you share your knowledge?

I wanted to order A&amp;F thru CGW buy for me service and have asked the organiser for some advice. She didnt want to respond.

I thought this forum is for mummies to share and learn. When i first started on my personal spree, I asked some organizers on how to go about it, all were nice to share, same even went to the extend to guide me step by step..

Hi GInger,

Gone are those days where we have 'kampong spirit' le... Even when one is just trying to understand 'the terms and conditions' about joining sprees, organisers can be quite 'dao'.

Many of us dont join sprees regularly e.g. myself. The number of sprees I have joined is less than the number of fingers I have, just to give you a gauge. So there are a lot of things we dont know/need to find out. But most organisers are just too busy to deal with people like us (and hey, we may not be asking stupid qns hor!). But there are also really nice ones e.g. the organiser who does dangdang spree (BB). SHe answered qns patiently and always polite (at least for the few times I try to clarify something). I was trying to understand how to spot products which dangdang has limited the quantity an account holder can order.

ANother organiser worth mentioning too. I noted how many interested spreeists checked about the shipping rate etc. SHe gave her best estimate for almost everyone! She even tell other mummies not to order cos there would be domestic shipping for their item/very high int'l shipping for their item so not worth ordering. That's very nice of her. Her ID is "dreamz" or something like that.

Hi Samantha

I won't join a spree when the organizer is not helpful. Anyway people got eye to see.

Yes I agree that there are many nice ones.

https://spreadsheets.google.com/pub?key=0Armzq9tp4Q3ZdFp5MzE0MWNzZkJPNVg4dmNYVkVlY0E&amp;output=html</font>

<font color="ff0000">Advise to displeased people who "demand" their comments to be posted in spreadsheet but comments have been removed with NO notice given:</font>
http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/messages/2/1489806.html?1289207918
2. Post with your own forum nick OR nicks in this forum, if cannot post here, do post in other threads
4. <font color="ff0000">DO NOT “SPAM” THE SPREADSHEET or mis-use spreadsheet</font>

<font color="ff0000">This spreadsheet is for BAD/GOOD OVERSEAS SPREE ORGANISERS ONLY. Please <u> do not post in spreadsheet </u> if you disagreed with the terms or think is “unfair”.</font>

1. who have posted the comments in the spreadsheet, as no records are shown. That is the pro and also con of the spreadsheet – anonymous for entry of records. Please do exercise your own judgement when reading the comments posted by others.
<u>Do beware of:</u> Bad organisers might post comments of themselves as "good organisers" or bad spreeists might also sabotage good organisers in spreadsheet etc.
2. for modification of spreadsheet (sorting the records or adding new information columns etc) as it is time consuming. Thank you for your understanding.

https://spreadsheets.google.com/pub?key=0Armzq9tp4Q3ZdDlUNXZuU3FhckZIYzNMVTVPakNkRVE&amp;hl=en&amp;output=html

https://spreadsheets.google.com/viewform?formkey=dDlUNXZuU3FhckZIYzNMVTVPakNkRVE6MQ

<font color="0000ff">Only selected comments made will be posted in the spreadsheet/forum to share.</font>
<font color="ff0000"><font size="+1">Please be considerate when entering comments.</font></font>

Thank you for sharing your comments/views on spree organisers. Hopefully a rating system will be created soon by moderator...

Morning oppsgal,
yupz! Getting really busy these days and am missing my online shopping therapy. I'm glad that this thread is still alive cos I saw there are quite a few new organizers in Overseas thread.

<font color="aa00aa">Thumbs up for this thread!</font>

Morning all mommies
happy.gif

Just saw from the list about charging $ for late collection.

Never know of any organiser charging money to collect later.

found one of the threads. it's stated on the T n Cs thru. but maybe it was just put there to urge people to collect their items earlier rather than later??

rach
As cannot track who write the comments, so there might be someone who didn't join the spree but write some comments or could be even "bad" organisers themselves writing as "good" organisers.
sad.gif

pooh3bear
Guess spreeists can always choose the organisers who are good to "keep" the items for free of charge until they are able to collect. What if spreeists are too busy to collect or miss out the collection message? For me I would rather choose an organiser who will not "force" me to collect items on time, if not ask for some "compensation".

pooh3bear, i put that as a rule there,
but of course many people flout the rule and ignore it..

i have sprees since last dec, items with me,
i sent 5 reminder emails
(all the way from order confirmation to shipping to collection to 2 reminders)
but she just refuse to collect or reply.

really don't know what to do with such people, that's why have the rule.
but do i collect the money if they in the end come and give crap reason
like oh i forget to reply you etc?
no i don't, unless the person was really unreasonable to start with
and still give some reasons.

but some are genuine and they email me to say kid hospitalised..
(there is one case like that).
i kept her items for 2 months plus le and i am still keeping it
(without charges of course) because she did inform me..

i think its all fair and square.
who wants their house to become warehouses for people
who are just "can't be bothered"?

rach, i don't think it is fair leh. unless the person
did email the organiser and "interact" with her and in the end decide not to join?
at least must have interaction, if not how to judge? haha.

Oppsgal> too bad I know exactly who write The comments cuz she asked and I already reply her that join only if u are comfortable with all T&amp;C, if u not comfortable with T&amp;C, then dont join!
Isnt that what spreeists practice??

How can u list someone as bad spree org just because u didn't get ur query answered??
It's not like she joined and later I hide something...

All total and nett costs are stated out clearly already..
U happy with price then join, not happy dun join.. Wrong meh???

There are many spree org who lump all cost &amp; shipping together as well.. Not just 1...

If u not comfortable with price, just dun join Lo...
What's the problem??
It's not like total cost stated and then later Spree org says oh must top up but I'm not going to tell u why u must top up....
Duh??!!!?

Celia> not sure if posting on thread considered interaction?
She post, I replied. She not happy with my reply, she list me as bad spree org..

I should sent the spreadsheet to post to all my happy spreeists man... All the compliments only end up in my mind and trash bin which would end up deleted...

Maybe next time can put the spreadsheet as a signature..
Cuz many are not even aware of this thread or the spreadsheet... But well, because of the anonymity, ppl can still sabotage...

Rach, understand how you feel..
Everything stated on T&amp;C yet they are not happy with certain terms,
thus they list you as BAD because you didn't meet their needs..
sad.gif

I think as long as all costs are broken down,
all explanations done, there is no reason why not to pay up?
In my opinion only
happy.gif

Also, erm.... that I can't comment leh.
If you did your best to reply her or what she is asking,
is already stated on thread (For eg she ask for Exc Rate,
tho it is already stated there, then she say "WAH SO HIGH!?!?"
then it is really not your fault leh. haha.

I agree that this spreadsheet is actually dangerous
due to its annonymity (no offenses to oppsgal ya...)
thus I had came up with my own spreadsheet seeking my spreeists
to comment on my service.
Names are asked for, but there is a column to check if
they wish to be quoted or not..
If they did say to not quote them, then I will take away their name..
At least we know who complain or who compliment you mah.

celia
I think most people will want to be anonymous when making the comments, if not they can always put comments using their own forum nicks. Which does not work in the start...the people are very quiet or do not want to share whatever feedback...which leads to having the spreadsheet.
Actually the best is to have a rating system, but so far no news yet from moderators.
The purpose of the spreadsheet is actually to notify the spreeists of any good/bad organisers, so others can choose to join or not.
Organisers having own spreadsheet asking for feedback could also mean deleting those unwanted feedbacks and leaving the good comments there only. So usually I would just take it as a pinch of salt when reading feedbacks from websites. No offence to celia...Just my thoughts.

rach
Try breaking down cost to postage + shipping, state the weight of the items, that what's usually organisers do. If spreeists want to have a look at the shipping bill, can try scan a copy to them...

Oppsgal> I understand what u mean..
The thing is.. Those who joined the spree has no problems with what is stated... They joined cuz they are comfortable with all payment, cost stated...
They know what is the final amount to pay..

Doesn't make sense for someone who cannot figure out how I derive at the cost, decided not to join and then call me bad org??

If u joined and later I hide extra costs or top ups without giving explanation, yes I'm bad..
But I already state upfront total costs which includes shipping and everything.. Already told u this is final price...
U not satisfied want the breakdown... Then u happy??

I can also just pluck some figures to entertain u..
A+ B + C = D.
Then u will join the spree??
But already state cost is $D..
Does knowing what is A, B, C make any difference??
What most spreeists is interested is how much in total do I have to pay?
What is the all in amount?
Rite?
Funny Lo....

oppsgal, none taken
happy.gif

i understand that most people will say that aiyah, own spreadsheet, confirmed deleted the bad one and leave good ones mah.
so whatever we do, we know what we doing can already.
we cannot please everyone.
i say i never delete, who will believe?
i say i got delete, everyone will jump on me and curse me to hell..
happy.gif

rach, ya lor.
but i think it is still good to let them know of breakdown, at least in the future you got your *** covered already, you did say its how much mah
happy.gif

Rachel
I think as spreeists, it's only normal for us to want to know how much shipping costs are, how much the item actually costs. When only a round no is provided as final price, it may give people the idea that you are profiteering from the spree.

I mean, many pple spree baby food, yet shipping costs may differ from shipment to shipment. Anyway it's better that the enquirer decided not to join yr spree - save any future trouble
happy.gif

smalldreams> Yes i understand what u mean.. i have numberous sprees.. i do list everything out in other sprees..
happy.gif

I never intended for her to join my spree and i didnt intend to let her join my spree..

But she doesnt have to list me just coz of that..
Just felt it isnt fair...

Not comfortable then don't join is what i'm trying to say....

Anyway... case closed.. dun wish to talk abt this anymore...

thanks..

Mommies,
I've read about the fees for late collection. As a 3rd party, I would like to propose the below.

<font color="aa00aa">For any late collection, organizers should consider asking the spreeists to opt for postage/courier</font> if they had not collected within stipulated timeframe or didn't give a reason for being late.
If spreeists go MIA (eg. 1 month), then organizers can consider <font color="aa00aa">selling the items at their own discretion and 'refund' the proceeds to the spreeists</font>. If the MIA spreeist don't give account details, then it is up to organizer's discretion on how to deal with the sales proceeds. Anyway, the spreeist had already paid for the items in the 1st payment in most cases.
Of cos, all these will come with email notifications to be fair to the missing spreeists.

I believe the world is fair and most people listen to both sides of the story - most people have eyes to see and will judge things themselves.

This is a cyber world and what really matters (to me, at least) is how my husband and family view me. If I get to meet good people here and make real friends, its a bonus. Otherwise, why bother!

Just my own opinion
happy.gif

As a spreeist, it will be great if my organizers can list down the breakdown cost for sprees that involve more than 1 item and various weights (eg. Gymboree). At least I know things are spread among spreeists fairly.

I don't mind paying 1 lump sum if the whole spree is of the same item and same size/weight (eg. Desitin).

Of cos, spreeists should practice his/her own research before joining. That's why this spreadsheet is created for sharing - to prevent new spreeists encountering bad experience from organiers like maybemummy.

kerene, i agree that organisers can suggest different mode of collection if mummies cannot make it for self collection.
but some mummies MIA for a few months and never reply emails/calls/thread shoutouts. then how?
also, lets say she reply, and she say collection too far, and when we suggest postage or courier, she say she don't want waste the money. then how?
i once had this mummy like that and i said "let me know what mode of collection you want" and she said "can you deliver to my house at no cost yourself?
i dont want to waste money on courier lah and im lazy to leave house." huh??

Celia> hahahaja... That spreeist should be listed as bad spreeist then!! Lol.. Want to buy, dun want to pay for collection? Should have been listed the modes of collection in the T&amp;C... Dun join if too far... Too lazy to leave house??
In confinement like me now?? Lol...
But thank God such spreeists are rare and few... Lol...

Yah.. My response would be.. HUH???!!??? lol..

Kerene> entirely agree with ur last 2 posts... The spree item was the same in terms of weight and size and bulkiness and hence the price already stated in lump sum from the start.. And the whole spree is only for 1 item (different models / colors available but same packaging)..
Sigh... Nvm... Like u said.. Ppl have eyes to see...
Just dun like to see myself listed as BAD when it's not even my fault!! grrr...

Hi celia,
I'm not an organizer so all my comments are based on my own understanding.

T&amp;C are applied for <font color="ff0000">majority</font> spreeists, like Pareto Rule. Your case is exceptional and probably I'll feel suay to meet such spreeists if I am an organizer.

Well, organizers will have to weigh the situation themselves cos there is no 1 rule applies for all.

Offhand, I can think of the following options for such case
(a) educate her and let her agree to the cheapest yet effective option,
(b) deliver to her and get the courier man collect the courier fee from her,
(c) tell her that stuffs will be sold cheaply and reamining proceeds from her 1st paymnent will be return to her if she provides her a/c details

Of cos, such situation is time consuming. But if one is committed to be an organizer, he/she has to be prepared to deal with such spreeists because not all spreeists are understanding. That's why the bad spreeists spreadsheet was created for organizers to share experience.

I'm not sure if the scenario you've described is actual or fictitious. I don't think there will be such spreeists because she had paid for the item $ afterall ... what is that few bucks of postage fee.

Also, from my encounter on a previous problematic spree, most spreeists are very understanding and accomodating. They don't drive the organizers up to the wall unless they are totally frustrated.

It will be good for organizers to communicate to those missing/problematic spreeists on their concerns. Maybe they just refuse to pay more because they think that organizers had gain profit from the sprees or had misconception on aspects.

Hi rach,
yes, lump sum to me is fine.

But different spreeists have different thinking. So I agree with oppsgal, if you really encounter such spreeists with the need to know the actual cost, just post the actual bills in your thread to clear everyone's doubts. Let all your spreeists see both sides of the coin
happy.gif
and make their own judgement.

hi rach..
yeah i also HUH??? hahaha.
nopes, she just said that it is too far.
not in confinment lor. haha.
but it had since been settled..

hi kerene..
it is a real situation..
but thanksfully rare!
happy.gif

i like to ask spreeists what do they think..
it really do open my eyes to see things that i dont see as a position of an organiser.
hahaha.

celia

I think like kerene has mentioned. Just return the first payment to the spreeist and sell off the item if the spreeist is not agreeable to use courier/normal postage/registered post and collection points are too far.

Charging $1 per day is a little too much if the item is only few dollars...then spreeist unable to collect for 2 weeks, already charging $14. And if all these add up, and is cheaper then local store, who would want to collect the item?

oppsgal..
i think many people misunderstand what i am trying to say.

if you are the spreeist, you reply my email and tell me "hey can i collect later cos bla bla bla"
at least you give me a reason, an answer, then i will keep the item for you,
more than 2 weeks, WITHOUT charges.

Charges are only for people who don't even give a hoot about replying me.
this is to educate them about responsibility.
without punishment, people will not bother.

btw, in the first place, if collection point is already stated,
then why after that will complain too far? ought to had agreed on it le ma? haha.

Hi,

Sorry to hijack this thread but I'm looking for spree organizer <font color="ff0000">kymtey</font>
I joined her amazon spree #10, and before I joined I noticed she has completed 3 batches already and had been very responsive in her postings. I joined her spree rather than other larger amazon sprees cos I wanted my items faster.
Sad to say it has been one mth n she seems to hv gone missing.
On 2 mar she posted that she will be away from 3-16 mar.
On 14 mar she posted that she had just got back from Tokyo n had been stuck there cos of the recent earthquake.
Since then there hv been no postings or responses from her even through PM.

If anyone knows her or any other way to contact her pls let me know. I don't mind waiting if she had at least posted some status updates or even a quick posting to say there's some kind of family emergency or wat. But there is zero response.

Now I'm stuck cos I dunno if I shd keep waiting or order my items again from another spree. Wat if she suddenly appears again n tells me my items r here then how, I will hv duplicate items......haiz

Hi mommy Grumpus,
Maybe you want to try referencing to
http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/messages/590029/4978750.html?1296372640#POST13129567

I understand your anxiety as the order status is uncertain. Maybe kymtey is also in a situation now as we had never been through natural disaster before. Furthermore to us, family is more important than sprees, right?

Maybe you can try to reach her and help to update her status in her Oversea Sprees threads so that other spreeists will not panic.

Good luck!

Back