Sharing your views on Bad/Good Overseas Spree Organisers

Thanks to all Spree organiser ... So far so good for all the sprees that I have joined for the past few years.

To me its ok for them to earn the exchange rate diff (not too extreme) / credit card points ... as these spree able me to get stuff at a good price and things that I can't get in singapore.

<font color="aa00aa">Archive Part 1 - 2010:
https://spreadsheets.google.com/pub?key=0Armzq9tp4Q3ZdFp5MzE0MWNzZkJPNVg4dmNYVkVlY0E&amp;output=html</font>

<font color="ff0000">Advise to displeased people who "demand" their comments to be posted in spreadsheet but comments have been removed with NO notice given:</font>
1. ask moderator to set up a system too, see if moderator can help:
http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/messages/2/1489806.html?1289207918
2. Post with your own forum nick OR nicks in this forum, if cannot post here, do post in other threads
3. Create your own spreadsheet and have your own rules
4. <font color="ff0000">DO NOT “SPAM” THE SPREADSHEET or mis-use spreadsheet</font>
5. Do not view or post if think spreadsheet is unfair

<font color="ff0000">This spreadsheet is for BAD/GOOD OVERSEAS SPREE ORGANISERS ONLY. Please <u> do not post in spreadsheet </u> if you disagreed with the terms or think is “unfair”.</font>

<font color="ff0000"><font size="+1"> Things not to ask:</font></font>
1. who have posted the comments in the spreadsheet, as no records are shown. That is the pro and also con of the spreadsheet – anonymous for entry of records. Please do exercise your own judgement when reading the comments posted by others.
<u>Do beware of:</u> Bad organisers might post comments of themselves as "good organisers" or bad spreeists might also sabotage good organisers in spreadsheet etc.
2. for modification of spreadsheet (sorting the records or adding new information columns etc) as it is time consuming. Thank you for your understanding.

<font color="ff0000"><font size="+1">To view:</font></font>
https://spreadsheets.google.com/pub?key=0Armzq9tp4Q3ZdDlUNXZuU3FhckZIYzNMVTVPakNkRVE&amp;hl=en&amp;output=html

<font color="ff0000"><font size="+1">To post:</font></font>
https://spreadsheets.google.com/viewform?formkey=dDlUNXZuU3FhckZIYzNMVTVPakNkRVE6MQ

<font color="0000ff">Only selected comments made will be posted in the spreadsheet/forum to share.</font>
<font color="ff0000"><font size="+1">Please be considerate when entering comments.</font></font>

Thank you for sharing your comments/views on spree organisers. Hopefully a rating system will be created soon by moderator...

Hi everyone,

Would appreciate advise on shipment from US, which is better comgateway or vpost? Does subscribe membership to either make much difference in price?

Ordering books, not from amazon.

Thank you in advance

cc,

CGW
- Good thing is they can repack, it is worth if u buy from the merchant that like to pack in big boxes.
- bad thing is very difficult to follow up with them, it takes abt 3-5 days for them to reply email.

VPOST:
- good thing is you can follow up everyday by calling 1605
- bad thing is they do not have repack service

Books,
I heard repdis...tory.. something not bad cos they provide direct shipping.

Josephine,

Thank you for information. I'm buying direct from merchant so I guess vpost will be good for me now.

Thanks again!!

Will check out repdis.... ;)

Hi CC,

What kind of books are you buying? I am wondering if its really cheap to buy direct then the spree here?

I am keen to stock up some story books like scholastic or lady bird series.

Ginger,
What I'm gettin is not on spree currently.

I don't think you save if you are buying one or two sets and spree helps you offload the shipment charges.

Keep a look out, overseas spree organizer sometimes have specific titles for ladybird sets. So everyone joining only buys the same item. Saves time and cost effective. I've bought from Jxmum for books. Very efficient and fast ;)!

Hi, I bought some California baby stuffs from drugstore.com for own use (only 1 batch) and now vpost asking for the Material Safety Data Sheet (MSDS) for California Baby Calendula Cream , California Baby Super Sensitive Hair Conditioner No Fragrance , California Baby Swimmer's Defense Hair Conditioner. Anyone know what that is? How should I proceed? Appreciate any advise. Thanks

1st, You can ask VPOST why they need the MSDS? and told them that your items are cream and shampoo.

2nd, you request to drugstore.

For me I will option no 1 first why they want it because those items not prohibited items mah.. har har har... :D

so far for those items that I have ordered never been asked by VPOST.

<font color="aa00aa">Hi, Josephine (jun3):</font> <font color="000000">May I know under what circumstances is MSDS required? Who is the relevant authority in charge of MSDS? Thanks.</font>

https://spreadsheets.google.com/pub?key=0Armzq9tp4Q3ZdFp5MzE0MWNzZkJPNVg4dmNYVkVlY0E&amp;output=html</font>

<font color="ff0000">Advise to displeased people who "demand" their comments to be posted in spreadsheet but comments have been removed with NO notice given:</font>
http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/messages/2/1489806.html?1289207918
2. Post with your own forum nick OR nicks in this forum, if cannot post here, do post in other threads
4. <font color="ff0000">DO NOT “SPAM” THE SPREADSHEET or mis-use spreadsheet</font>

<font color="ff0000">This spreadsheet is for BAD/GOOD OVERSEAS SPREE ORGANISERS ONLY. Please <u> do not post in spreadsheet </u> if you disagreed with the terms or think is “unfair”.</font>

1. who have posted the comments in the spreadsheet, as no records are shown. That is the pro and also con of the spreadsheet – anonymous for entry of records. Please do exercise your own judgement when reading the comments posted by others.
<u>Do beware of:</u> Bad organisers might post comments of themselves as "good organisers" or bad spreeists might also sabotage good organisers in spreadsheet etc.
2. for modification of spreadsheet (sorting the records or adding new information columns etc) as it is time consuming. Thank you for your understanding.

https://spreadsheets.google.com/pub?key=0Armzq9tp4Q3ZdDlUNXZuU3FhckZIYzNMVTVPakNkRVE&amp;hl=en&amp;output=html

https://spreadsheets.google.com/viewform?formkey=dDlUNXZuU3FhckZIYzNMVTVPakNkRVE6MQ

<font color="0000ff">Only selected comments made will be posted in the spreadsheet/forum to share.</font>
<font color="ff0000"><font size="+1">Please be considerate when entering comments.</font></font>

Thank you for sharing your comments/views on spree organisers. Hopefully a rating system will be created soon by moderator...

Hi 1702,

I am facing the same problem as you.
I ordered the same items and vpost is requesting for the MSDS.

Have you resolved the problem? If so, can share the solution?

thanks

Anyone can advise other shipping agent besides vpost, cgw or borderline? As I have bulky item to ship to Singapore.

Thx

Hi yunzz,

Strangely after paying for shipping VPost just sent the parcel, never ask for MSDS anymore. I also don't understand what's going on.

Hope your parcel also no problem.

hi all,

i need your advise on tis <font color="ff0000">WORST SPREE ORANISGER</font> urgently.

<font color="ff0000">Kitty (3ladies)</font>

I suspect she is a scammer and has since disappeared, she did not respond to any posts/emails at all.

i want to make a police report, i hv the bank acc number and emails. anything else required?

any advise is appreciated, thks.

Hi pup_pup,
She is already listed as bad organiser for many times, whether you received your item at the end, she's definitely a bad organiser from what I see. She is running too many sprees at the same time and obviously a bit out of her control, an unorganised person like her should not organise spree at all.
Do input the list and mark her as bad organiser, hopefully no one would join her spree in future and she can then rest and no need to reply so many back logs at 3am.

super tui with kitty(3ladies). i been waiting for my item go go on sale for ONE YEAR on VS. Finally it is on sale, in the colour i want, i chop chop place order and pay, then she drag her feet and the spree is still not closed 3 weeks later!!! Now my item is OOS liao. How rubbish is that! My money also dont know when will be returned.

yes agree very informative thread!

everyone should read the list before joining those 'unfamiliar' or new organisers.

This Kitty(3ladies) has been getting bad reviews for quite some time but I think a lot of (new) mommies didn't read this thread thus don't know about it and keep joining her sprees.
The mommies must mistakenly think she's an experienced organiser coz she has SO MANY sprees running. :S

Kittybride's the experienced spree organiser - joined 3 of hers and always very prompt with updates, OOS, re-order and refunds. Almost joined the Kitty (3ladies) 'cos I was new to sprees and Kittybride was 'Kitty' too. Think someone ranted wrongly at her - mistook her for the newer Kitty(3ladies) 2 months back
sad.gif

Guo Jia (guojia123),
honestly, are you entitled to the 5% discount?
If you don't, ignore her.
If you do, maybe you should explain why you are not sharing it.

Just my 2 cents.
happy.gif

Hi
As you mentioned, I have never join ur spree. So, why must you say that it is me?

I do not know your intention too.

Hi Guo jia (guojia123),

I think u have the 5% discount rite? (Do correct me if i'm wrong! No mean intentions here...)

Coz frm e threads u've posted, u didnt ans her questions n juz replied her "Thanks for the info. Please join only if you're keen and comfortable."

Coz i'm sure many mummies including me joins sprees here in forums so as to get good deals &amp; buys which are shared by many mummies... To u, 5% may not be alot, but to some, it may juz be wat they need to save up...

If u do have the 5%, maybe u would like to explain why u are not sharing it???

I'm sure those who've joined yr sprees n those wantin to join yr sprees will be glad to know...

happy.gif

I made a spreeist wait for me for 30mins. (first time delayed at work, so suay). Do you think it is reasonable for me to give a full refund and sell the items away, or I have to courier or send it personally to her house? She does not accept normal mail.

Items were here since 2weeks ago.

Please give me your advice ><

normal mail might be lost. Unless you like to take the full responsibility on the lost item if it is lost, can always ask spreeist if can use courier or bring to her place personally, or will like a refund?

Just my thought.

just giving my views..
I don't think there's anything wrong with star1105 sharing that info where VIP will get 5% discount.
in fact we potential spreeist must thank her for alerting us so that we can make an informed decision whether it's still worth it to join Guo Jia's spree or not.

it's sad to see more and more overseas spree organisers (especially the new ones) see this site as an avenue to make money and not genuinely wanting to help mommies save money.
sad.gif

Hi Joyce, just to share my experience.
I once join a spree and arrange to meet up for collection.
The organiser miss out my stuff even though my name is on her 'meet up list'.
She is very apologetic and offer to send my stuff via reg mail for free, and i give her my address.
In the end she deliver personally to my doorstep the next day as she said it's on her way.
happy.gif

Thank you for all you feedback. Time is more of a concern in this case, where no other days except the day itself was acceptable as it's last min. I can't make it. She also asked me to pay for the difference for locally bought items if I cannot deliver and give a refund instead.

I offered to deliver to her house the next day evening after my work, but she said it's too late. So she came by to pick up from me again later on the same day...
happy.gif

Hi Joyce,

Just want to share - an organiser forgot my stuff as well and I travelled frm RP to Bugis to meet her.
She was very apologetic. But didn't offer any alternative besides meeting her another day.
So I met her another day to collect. I didn't fault her for it cos sometimes really forget ma (still joining her other sprees).

But I think if she offered to courier to me or meet me nearer to my work place, I would have been very happy
happy.gif
and I wouldn't have accepted normal mail either.

Hope that helps.

Hi Joyce,

Glad to hear everything worked out fine between the spreeist and you. There have been times organisers are held up by work (last-minute meetings) and I was already on my way out - fine with me so I simply take it as a trip out for groeceries and come home
happy.gif

I definitely rather do self-collection - good to know the organiser in person too! Normal mail carries high risk of loss/damage and courier/postman usually rubber time so I don't want to make myself stuck at home waiting for nothing! Too many times in the past I get the excuse: "the guy forgot to bring your item up and left in the van - we'll arrange for re-delivery the next day..."

We really should keep this thread active + at the top of this section for the benefit of mummies who are new to spreeing (like me)!

Hi All,
I need some advise on the following;

I bought a wooden fridge playset from overseas spree for my 3 yr old girl. After waiting for 2mths, finally got the item. When I opened the box, one of the drawer were badly crack. The fridge looks good from the outside but when you pull the drawer out the crack is terrible and the drawer will fall apart if a 3 yr old use force to pull it. This is definitely a dangerous toy to give it to my girl to play with. Both drawers are faulty but the other one I think I can fix it back by putting super glue on the 4 sides.

I email to the organiser to ask for a replacement drawer from the supplier but the supplier just push it to 运输问题. I feel that it is definitely not transportation problem, if is transportation issue then should be other part of the fridge(outer part) having problem and not" hinder problem". Unless this fridge got internal injury??? zhong lei shan!!! I believe the supplier sent out a rejected/damaged item cos I see some white paint/white glue on another drawer which I think the supplier had done some touch up. I might be wrong just my assumption.

The spree organier's partner was very kind to offer a refund on 31 Oct but I suggested she buy a new fridge and do a one to one exchange of a drawer and she agreed to it. Hahaha, silly me...I should have just accepted her refund and case closed. But today I got a email from the spree organiser saying that if the supplier do just sell the drawer I have to buy and pay for it which mean no more exchange of a new drawer but to buy the drawer myself. Only if the supplier did not sell the drawer they will then do a one to one exchange.

I need to ask the mummies here;
(1)is it I should fully bear the responsibility since I opt to buy from spree, thou I strongly believe is the supplier who sent out a faulty item.

(2)Or I should continue to request a new drawer from the organiser's partner since she agreed to do a one to one exchange dated 1st Nov. I know it is out of her goodwill to refund or do a exchange.

(3)Just treat the spree organiser and her partner mails on willing to refund, ok to do a one to one exchange thingy as a joke since words and writing can be so unworthy. I rather they gave me a straight NO on the first email then telling me they would do this or do that then 11 days later want me to buy the drawer myself.

Sorry for such a long post. I've tried to be as transparent as possible in this case. I wanted to post the photos here, any kind mummy can teach me how?

Thanks.
Rain

I just want to add my 2 cents worth on exchange rate.
Please note that credit card rates are at least 0.02 to 0.04 higher than board rates.
Trust me, I have organised A LOT of sprees in this forum since 2006 (though now not so active) and I have always use the currency converter in www.asiaone.com as a guide.
Unless the rate has gone up and down in the period between the date which the order was placed and the date the order was shipped out, the actual rate charged to the card is usually about 0.03 higher than the one quoted in Asiaone.

As of today, the rate quoted in Asiaone is 1.2955, so the sprees charging 1.30 is not overcharging at all.

I certainly don't advocate overchaging exchange rates, but really, griping about 0.02 to 0.05 difference in exchange rates are really bean counting to me.
Sorry if I'm offensive, but spreesists who want to bean count the exchange rate should really try organising a spree themselves. For most organisers here, i doubt they are even "earning" enough to cover the transportation costs to post office, the time spent consolidation and placing order, emailing, packing, meeting and waiting for spressists during self collection etc.

<font color="0000ff">queen</font>
agree w u.... its the effort of the org lor... keke..
i use amex always charged higher... like 1.33-1.35

Just want to add, spree organiser does not owe anything to the spreeists. The terms and conditions on handling charges and exchange rate are always listed by the orgainser in the very first post, if spreeists not happy, just don't join. It's as simple as that. I can't understand why some don't join yet still so unhappy and try to find fault with organiser. I am a spreeist myself and usually if I find the terms &amp; conditions of certain organiser not to my liking, I won't spree with him/her. Sorry if I'm rude but spreeists shd also be more 'zhi dong'. Spreeists only need to post order, transfer $$ and wait for collection. Isn't the time u save is also some kind of intangible savings?

Agree with FRIENDS, Queen and Shokel. Let's just give and take. The spree organiser has so much to do and intangible costs to fork out. Internet, sms, TIME consolidating orders, calculating costs, pack, travel to meet/arrange for postage etc.

I don't join sprees if I cannot meet the terms and conditions (eg. if location/time doesn't suit my schedule or if the person sounds very condescending). Spreeists like me save lots - at least my only 'cost' is time spent surfing for items to buy and then making payment. Otherwise, everything else is handled by the organiser, which takes lots of patience, time and effort.

<font color="0000ff">feit</font>
Yeah, agree.. Im a org myself too , I bring all the bulky parcel n all to PO taking a bus cos dun stay near PO n with my toddler to carry , it's quite tedious too.. Making the journey to n fro, quite shag when met w heavy downpour suddenly ... My hubby thinks its too much hassle earning the cc points lor. Lol. Ask me dun do Liao...
I join spree myself too... Sometimes rare high/low, also hv to appreciate their effort to coordinate n all, sorting out parcel n making sure all is in tact.
Seriously, this is a public forum, everyone got their rights, but I also come across mummies that takes org for granted n all, a bit sianzzz... That's y some season spree org no longer spree..
It's nv easy to please everyone.
They shd really try to spree themselves one day n be amazed at all the work that one has to put in.
Chasing for payment ESP.. N collection ..
No offense to anyone. Jus sharing our views.. Keke

Back