September 2016 Mummies!

Hi Elm,

So far it has been smooth...except for cramps that come on/off...I brought up the cramps to my gynae last week during my check-up but he did not detect any abnormality after pressing my abdominal area + ultra-scanning. Probably due to body changes I guess.
Last 2 days I had bad cramps on my left side.....reminds me of Day 1 & 2 of my menses. But the cramps will ease up whenever I stand or walk & after a warm bath.
So I supposed it's some muscles pulling due to my expanding bump. And it's on the left side becos my little one is nested on my left side....I confirmed it with my gynae during the last visit...lolx
Today the cramps have more or less subsided...phew...I wonder if this is what they call the round ligament pain?

Have you done your tests (harmony/paranoma)? Know the gender of your baby yet?
Yes done the test and result is low risk :) and baby gender also known :D Did you do yours?
I also have pulling feel a lot, so far still bearable type. Apparently quite normal cause our uterus is expanding, as long as no bleed or not too painful type.

Yes done the test and result is low risk :) and baby gender also known :D Did you do yours?
I also have pulling feel a lot, so far still bearable type. Apparently quite normal cause our uterus is expanding, as long as no bleed or not too painful type.

Yup, done mine...low risk & I know the gender too....Yippee!!! Congrats to you too!!! Hope it will be smooth sailing for all mummies from here onwards.
And yes....as long as no bleeding and still bearable pain, I will not freak out too much. My hubby kept asking me if I should go to the clinic for check-up but I told him don't need :p.
Not sure is it a boon or a bane, but our women's threshold for cramps is quite amazing...hahaha...so long the pain is not beyond the level of menses cramps!

Yup, done mine...low risk & I know the gender too....Yippee!!! Congrats to you too!!! Hope it will be smooth sailing for all mummies from here onwards.
And yes....as long as no bleeding and still bearable pain, I will not freak out too much. My hubby kept asking me if I should go to the clinic for check-up but I told him don't need :p.
Not sure is it a boon or a bane, but our women's threshold for cramps is quite amazing...hahaha...so long the pain is not beyond the level of menses cramps!
That's great! If you're like me, can't help but started buying baby clothes already since knowing baby's gender lol
I do get quite bad backaches at nights. Yeah women can really take pains, although I do get scared thinking of labour pains :confused:

That's great! If you're like me, can't help but started buying baby clothes already since knowing baby's gender lol
I do get quite bad backaches at nights. Yeah women can really take pains, although I do get scared thinking of labour pains :confused:

I have not start buying baby clothes yet...The buying urge hasn't hit me although I do wander into baby shops more now to look see look see...hahaha
Also becos there are many friends/family members having babies around us, my hubby & I are already targeting who we can get hand-me-downs from.
Since babies grow fast, we figure we don't need to buy so many clothes la....and we are not that particular about 2nd hand baby clothes....used clothes are supposedly more comfy to wear right? lolx

I have backaches on and off....mostly from bad sitting posture in the office...So I borrowed the back massager from my manager to use in the office. It helps.
As for sleeping, I try to sleep more on my sides now. Though I'm already using the pregnancy pillow, I will still place a small pillow below my bump and a pillow/bolster behind my back to cushion me.
The small pillow under my bump is to take away the pressure I felt on my tummy when I'm on my sides.

I have been reading about birth stories from other mummies' blogs to prepare myself so that I know the signs of real labour vs false alarms.
I think epidural is going to be my best friend. I was initially apprehensive about epidural, but I really think the relieve it can bring during labour pains outweighs the side effects for me la. :D
So my aim is to have natural + epidural birth ;). I don't dare to think about 100% natural birth....Think of it I scared liao.

I have not start buying baby clothes yet...The buying urge hasn't hit me although I do wander into baby shops more now to look see look see...hahaha
Also becos there are many friends/family members having babies around us, my hubby & I are already targeting who we can get hand-me-downs from.
Since babies grow fast, we figure we don't need to buy so many clothes la....and we are not that particular about 2nd hand baby clothes....used clothes are supposedly more comfy to wear right? lolx

I have backaches on and off....mostly from bad sitting posture in the office...So I borrowed the back massager from my manager to use in the office. It helps.
As for sleeping, I try to sleep more on my sides now. Though I'm already using the pregnancy pillow, I will still place a small pillow below my bump and a pillow/bolster behind my back to cushion me.
The small pillow under my bump is to take away the pressure I felt on my tummy when I'm on my sides.

I have been reading about birth stories from other mummies' blogs to prepare myself so that I know the signs of real labour vs false alarms.
I think epidural is going to be my best friend. I was initially apprehensive about epidural, but I really think the relieve it can bring during labour pains outweighs the side effects for me la. :D
So my aim is to have natural + epidural birth ;). I don't dare to think about 100% natural birth....Think of it I scared liao.
Yeah, babies will outgrow their newborn clothes very quickly so it's good if you can get cheaper/hand-me-down clothes.
I think I will most likely be going for natural + epidural too, me also don't dare 100% natural birth lol

Yeah, babies will outgrow their newborn clothes very quickly so it's good if you can get cheaper/hand-me-down clothes.
I think I will most likely be going for natural + epidural too, me also don't dare 100% natural birth lol

Not to scare you...But I happened to read some threads by some 2nd time mums or experienced mums describing about their previous labours.
They mentioned about vaginal examination by nurses/docs to check the dilation....and these mums used "*&%$#@%^# painful" to describe the ordeal...:eek:
I hope I won't instinctively kick the person doing the examination on me when the time comes :oops:
And it makes C-sect sounds more blissful too (I'm slightly tempted :p) but I'm also scared of the incision pain after the surgery....Natural or C-sect, either way must suffer pain la.

Yeah I also read about nurses checking dilation, read that some will try to put the fist in to check how opened it is :eek: hence the pain! But I think we just have to stay positive and hope when the time comes we can manage it.
Ya lor natural or c-sect, both have pros and cons. Natural is more painful during delivery but will recover faster, whereas c-sect is no pain during delivery but will suffer after and takes a longer recovery time. Whichever it is, let's just be grateful we can give birth to our healthy baby :)

Hi mummies, this is my baby no. 4 expected ard end sept : )
K add me on FB too? my email: [email protected]. Thanks in advance!!!
Me too, [email protected]
Please add me
Hi there! Mummy with number 2 otw. Edd mid sept. Can admin add me to the Facebook group please? [email protected]
Thank you and looking forward to meet more mummies! :)
Invites have been sent to all 3 of you. Check your email inbox :)

Hello September Mummies, I will kindly request the Facebook admin to add me into the facebook group. My email address is [email protected], name is Valerie or Hui Ying. I have requested earlier one time but it was not added.Thank you thank you.
I've sent u an invite 3 weeks ago (to your FB profile). Not sure why it didn't get through. I've just sent a reminder as well as another invite to your email address. Message me if you still don't see them.

Would anyone share on the typical gynec delivery charge for normal delivery and c-section. If your gynec offer package does the rate include delivery? Thanks in advance

Would anyone share on the typical gynec delivery charge for normal delivery and c-section. If your gynec offer package does the rate include delivery? Thanks in advance

Hello, go to MOH website when you are free. They complied pricing statistic from all hospital in Singapore. Pretty updated figures.

Hi. Have anyone start to buy baby stuff yet? I already got idea to buy for beast pump, sterilizer, warmer, Diaper rash, body and hair wash.

I'm getting 2nd hand baby clothes.

Any recommendation brand for:
1. New born baby diapers
2. Detergent wash for baby clothes

Any more essential things that need to buy.

Between I haven't buy baby clothes as gender not known. When can we know the gender?

Hi. Have anyone start to buy baby stuff yet? I already got idea to buy for beast pump, sterilizer, warmer, Diaper rash, body and hair wash.

I'm getting 2nd hand baby clothes.

Any recommendation brand for:
1. New born baby diapers
2. Detergent wash for baby clothes

Any more essential things that need to buy.

Between I haven't buy baby clothes as gender not known. When can we know the gender?
Hi khooyl,
You should know baby's gender in the 20 week scan, if you did not choose to do the harmony/panorama test in week 10.

So far I have bought some items for baby, mainly because came across good deals.

Hi mummies. I am expecting my 3rd baby in early Sept! Nice to know all of u!
Can connect at tlaiyin via FB =)))

Hello, go to MOH website when you are free. They complied pricing statistic from all hospital in Singapore. Pretty updated figures.
Thanks but I was actually keen to know the gynec delivery charge. Like for normal delivery, assisted or c-section. Also the charges on MOH are indicative and i saw on some forum, it seems much more when the mummy share their bills.

Thanks but I was actually keen to know the gynec delivery charge. Like for normal delivery, assisted or c-section. Also the charges on MOH are indicative and i saw on some forum, it seems much more when the mummy share their bills.

Hello, i am glad you actually went to the MOH website to take a quick look, because there are some mummy who prefer not to do it. The figure at the MOH website is inclusive of the gynac/doctor delivery charges. They got all the hospital to send them all these data and thereafter they process it further so that mummy and daddy can have a quick look and have a rough feel how much it will cost. Do note that ALL pre and post delievery checkup/scan bill + baby medical bill i do not believe are included in the estimates.

Jia you.

Good morning ladies!
I'm new here, now on week 16 and we already know that it's a BOY!
My husband is extremely happy and I also happy for him. :)
This is my first pregnancy after 5 years of unsuccessful attempts and 1 IVF, and I was really shocked when saw the positive test. Truly a miracle.

I'm with KKH now, subsidized. But consider changing to NUH, coz I heard that doctors there are more pro-natural. I would like my delivery to be as natural as possible, without the stimulation, pain relieve and episiotomy. Of course cannot say for sure how it goes, but hope for the best.

Anyone can recommend any gynea (in any hospital, or particularly KKH or NUH) that supports pro-natural birth?

Good morning ladies!
I'm new here, now on week 16 and we already know that it's a BOY!
My husband is extremely happy and I also happy for him. :)
This is my first pregnancy after 5 years of unsuccessful attempts and 1 IVF, and I was really shocked when saw the positive test. Truly a miracle.

I'm with KKH now, subsidized. But consider changing to NUH, coz I heard that doctors there are more pro-natural. I would like my delivery to be as natural as possible, without the stimulation, pain relieve and episiotomy. Of course cannot say for sure how it goes, but hope for the best.

Anyone can recommend any gynea (in any hospital, or particularly KKH or NUH) that supports pro-natural birth?
Hi Lititia, welcome here. Congrats on your first pregnancy! It's also my first and I am approaching 16 weeks :)

Hi Lititia, welcome here. Congrats on your first pregnancy! It's also my first and I am approaching 16 weeks :)

Hi Elm, So I guess your EDD is around September 25? :)
Which hospital are you with?

I've got another question, - anyone knows if changing hospital at the latest stage of pregnancy is possible? For example around week 35? If let's say the doctor in one clinic insist on C-section, can I switch to another clinic before delivery?

Hi Elm, So I guess your EDD is around September 25? :)

I've got another question, - anyone knows if changing hospital at the latest stage of pregnancy is possible? For example around week 35? If let's say the doctor in one clinic insist on C-section, can I switch to another clinic before delivery?

Hi hi, my updated EDD is also 25th Sept. Gynae pushed back my EDD by 2 days during my last visit.
I think it's better to change gynae earlier than later...You will need some time to build rapport with your new doc too.
Any idea why your current gynae is insisting on c-sect for you? Have you taken up any pregnancy package with the current doc? If no, should be ok to shop for another gynae that supports your birth plan ba.

Hi P3riwinkl3,

nice to meet you.

Mine date also was pushed by 1 day before. But I suspect that I will deliver much later, I heard that first time momies often overdue the EDD, especially if the baby is a boy. My birthday is 29 September, so I suspect that I will deliver when I'm 34. :) Who are you expecting?

I am not with any specific gynae at the moment, as don't know any who fits my requirements yet. :D Just trying to think of different scenarios... During last visit I talked to doctor on duty in KK, and she mentioned that their approach is quite traditional, which does not allow much moving around during labour and also they do episiotomy routinely. That's why I more keen to give birth in NUH, which is more pro natural, but it is not convenient for me to go to NUH for appointments, coz I stay in the east.
So, wondering if I can continue with KK till 30-35 weeks and then switch to NUH. Not sure if it's possible. Also, NUH use package system, but KKH - no. So not sure if I can join NUH without subscribing to any package. Hmmmm...

I'm planning to go to NUH next week to check their policies etc.

btw, what is the fb group about?
I'd like to join, but I don't want my fb friends to know that I'm pregnant yet. Only a few of them know, but I don't want to disclose to others till later term. So, guess I cannot join the group, otherwise they will suspect something. :)

Hi P3riwinkl3,

nice to meet you.

Mine date also was pushed by 1 day before. But I suspect that I will deliver much later, I heard that first time momies often overdue the EDD, especially if the baby is a boy. My birthday is 29 September, so I suspect that I will deliver when I'm 34. :) Who are you expecting?

I am not with any specific gynae at the moment, as don't know any who fits my requirements yet. :D Just trying to think of different scenarios... During last visit I talked to doctor on duty in KK, and she mentioned that their approach is quite traditional, which does not allow much moving around during labour and also they do episiotomy routinely. That's why I more keen to give birth in NUH, which is more pro natural, but it is not convenient for me to go to NUH for appointments, coz I stay in the east.
So, wondering if I can continue with KK till 30-35 weeks and then switch to NUH. Not sure if it's possible. Also, NUH use package system, but KKH - no. So not sure if I can join NUH without subscribing to any package. Hmmmm...

I'm planning to go to NUH next week to check their policies etc.

Mine's a girl :)...Both my husband and I are somewhat relieve to have a baby girl in the year of the Monkey...we assume the child will be less hyper and easier for us first-time parents to manage :p.
And I will have my personal Barbie doll to doll up in years to come...lolx
I'm probably going to Mt A as it is nearer to my house. I chose my gynae because he delivers at Mt A too.
Are you aiming for 100% natural delivery? :eek:

eah, I was hoping for a baby-girl too so that I can dress her up! :) but boy is fine as well. Maybe he will have a younger sister one day. I'm very happy for my husband because he wanted a boy.

Yes, I'd like to go natural, because my pregnancy was kind of easy so far, (touch wood!) and I hope it will stay this way to the end. And I don't really trust doctors, so prefer to have minimal interference from their side. I believe that women' bodies was built to give birth, so it should be fine to go natural. But different people tolerate pain differently, so it is a personal choice. There are no right or wrong ways to deliver, as long as mother is happy and the baby is healthy.

I really admire your courage to willingly try 100% natural. I think I have phobia for extreme pain...anything greater than my menses pain is considered too much for me liao...hahahaha

Actually I'm like 5~10% "disappointed" (can't think of a better word) that it's not a boy cos my husband is the only son. My FIL is quite traditional, so I believe he will be happier to get a grandson. But my hubby told me his parents will be okay, be it a baby boy or baby girl, as this will be their first grandchild bearing their surname anyway ( they call it).

But...heck la, they should be happy that I'm willing to try having a baby lor...lolx...cos frankly I don't think I am a mother material nor do I really love children to begin with.
Maybe my mother instinct will kick in exponentially during my 3rd trimester or when I finally see my baby girl born.

You can doll up your boy as a Ken doll...hee hee

hahah. don't worry. I also don't feel like a mother. We were trying for a baby for 5 years, and I never felt really desperate or annoyed, never envied my friends who had babies before us. More like "have - ok, don't have, also ok". I'm worried that the kids will change our life so much.. there is no way back. But on the other hand, I believe I can do it, be a good mother. Many people out there hate other kids, but adore their own. :) It's quite normal. You don't have to love all kids to be a good mother. :)

So, before I got pregnant I was preparing myself to possibility of never having a child. But if I ever have one, I want at lest 2 or 3 kids. So it's either none, or many. :D

Ah, thanks, I better wait for a girl to doll up. :)

My hubby kept telling me he wants 4 children.
I told him... "See how lao niang feel first after the 1st one....If experience not bad, we can try for another one." :D
But he did realised having a baby in Singapore is really expensive....so maybe he won't want 4...but still target 3 since his side is 3 siblings (his 2 sis+him) & my side is also 3 siblings (my sis & bro) :rolleyes:

wow, 4 kids...
I think the first child is the biggest challenge. :) because you are not prepared and don't know what to expect. Second onwards should be easier, though every child is different, of course.
I wish I had 3 childern, but not sure if can afford financially and physically. I'm gonna be 34 this year, meaning not much time left, unless I give birth every year. :D

I'm only 1 year younger than you...so time is also not on my side la.
But really, see how the 1st experience turns out first...let nature takes its course ba...1 step at a time ;)

Lol, so pei fu u girls talking about 2nd, 3rd, 4th kid liao
For me, I don't dare to think so much, I think the song wake me up when September ends is quite apt

btw, what is the fb group about?
I'd like to join, but I don't want my fb friends to know that I'm pregnant yet. Only a few of them know, but I don't want to disclose to others till later term. So, guess I cannot join the group, otherwise they will suspect something. :)
The FB group is a secret group. So only members in the group can see the posts and can see who's in the group. Those not in the group won't know u are in it or what u comment inside

Hi P3riwinkl3 & Lititia,

Congrats on your babies girl and boy! I am also expecting a baby girl :) My husband was so happy when we found out it's a girl, I am also very happy to see him so happy. My EDD is currently 22 September.

Back