September 2016 Mummies!

Hi Mummies! Glad to be part of this growing group!

Reading all the posts (ok, almost all), my situation is probably the most different. I am currently on 1 year stay in the UK and am currently at 13 weeks pregnancy and EDD on 16 Sept. Definitely a different experience with my 1st baby (although it was a miscarriage at 6 weeks). The vitamins and scans here are all the bare minimal....vitamins can be bought from our Guardian equivalent, baby scans are only provided at 12 weeks and 20 weeks.

It's scary to think there is no other scans in between that is provided for by their healthcare system so we would have to go to private clinics to do additional scans. Definitely praying hard that this pregnancy will go well. That said, we are definitely flying back to SG in August for the delivery :) Hope to see you guys when we are back in SG!

Do add me to the fb group as well. My email is [email protected]. Thanks!!

Hi Danvon09,
I totally understood how you feel as i am currently based overseas in France for 2 years.
The medical assistance in European countries is very different from Spore.The hospital will only do 3 scans during whole pregnancy,respectively at week14, 22, 32.
Other than that, gynae will only offer you to listen to heartbeats during monthly checkups. Like what you said, can see scans only if you go to private clinics on your own accord.
Only midwives will be around to deliver for you unless there is any complications. Hope everything goes well for you in UK. :)

Hi Mummies! Glad to be part of this growing group!

Reading all the posts (ok, almost all), my situation is probably the most different. I am currently on 1 year stay in the UK and am currently at 13 weeks pregnancy and EDD on 16 Sept. Definitely a different experience with my 1st baby (although it was a miscarriage at 6 weeks). The vitamins and scans here are all the bare minimal....vitamins can be bought from our Guardian equivalent, baby scans are only provided at 12 weeks and 20 weeks.

It's scary to think there is no other scans in between that is provided for by their healthcare system so we would have to go to private clinics to do additional scans. Definitely praying hard that this pregnancy will go well. That said, we are definitely flying back to SG in August for the delivery :) Hope to see you guys when we are back in SG!

Do add me to the fb group as well. My email is [email protected]. Thanks!!

Hi, i heard all patients going to public hospitals in UK need not pay for anythg, incl foreigners. That prob explains why they do the minimal. Btw, do chk with airline when is the last date you can fly back cos i heard most will not allow once you are in 3rd trimister cos there may be a risk that you will give birth. Some may even require preggy ladies to produce doc's certification that you can fly.

Hi mummies,

Since it's a Friday (TGIF)...no mood to work liao...my heart has already entered the weekend mode..:p
Let's have a relaxing discussion on what food some of us has been craving since the beginning of our pregnancy till now.
I had cravings for:
Tomato-based pasta
Pizza
Potato (any form of potatoes, but mainly French fries!)
Gyoza with the black vinegar sauce
Beef steak (well-done)
Laksa
Curry (mainly fish curry).
Maggi mee (usually for supper when I get hungry at 12am-1am)
Seems like my appetite is coming back....been eating quite a lot :D...What about the rest of you?

Hi mummies may i know if doctors are able to prescribe anti-depressants to preg mums? I think i might be having prenatal depression.
I have 2 children age 9 and 3 yrs and expecting my no.3. As of now am 13 weeks. Have been feeling really lousy of myself, nt able to sleep well and constantly feeling sad and helpless. Am a SAHM and taking care of my kids by myself. I feel really tired, have been crying incessantly, cry when i wake up, cry out of the blue, cry before i sleep. Basically unexplained sadness, and uncontrollable crying. My husband isnt home as hes working offshore and will only be able to be back during the weekends every 2 weeks. On normal working days, hes really busy as hes operating large machinery and im only able to talk to him at night via video calls. During his working hours, we will txt now and then. I have no relationship problems at all with my husband. Lately have been feeling paranoid, felt like he didnt care abt me, afraid that he will leave me, and then i miss him so much. Maybe i felt that im taking care of everyone else and no one is taking care of me. I feel alone, irritable and sometimes even the slightest things my kids do, tick me off. I will scold them then later on , regret it and then i break down again. I feel extreme guilt towards my kids. Like im the most lousy mum ever and just their luck to have someone like me as their mum.
I dont have much friends. Even the closest ones, i cant share my prob as im afraid if they think im having relationship problems. I am so sick of feeling this way. I sometmes hate myself, i cant get things done, if possible i just want to curl up in bed,not do anything and wallow up in sadness. I hate crying non stop. Even the little things trigger the sadness. I feel so alone , so empty, useless and rejected. Like no one cares for me. I am so stressed and anxious for no reason at all.

Just to share that i am nt always like this. During my last preg with my no 2 in 2013, i have always been independant and hubby also wasnt ard as he was still working in the same overseas project back then. I did everything myself and have never felt the way im feeling now. Yes of course i felt tired then and sometimes a lil stress bt was able to handle it well. I dunno why this time im like this. But do note that i have never felt like taking my life or hrming myself as i still think of my family.

Jusy these unnecesary feeling ive been having is taking a toll on me. I plan to talk to my gynae next week abt this cos i really dunno what to do. Am at my wits end.

Hi mummies may i know if doctors are able to prescribe anti-depressants to preg mums? I think i might be having prenatal depression.
I have 2 children age 9 and 3 yrs and expecting my no.3. As of now am 13 weeks. Have been feeling really lousy of myself, nt able to sleep well and constantly feeling sad and helpless. Am a SAHM and taking care of my kids by myself. I feel really tired, have been crying incessantly, cry when i wake up, cry out of the blue, cry before i sleep. Basically unexplained sadness, and uncontrollable crying. My husband isnt home as hes working offshore and will only be able to be back during the weekends every 2 weeks. On normal working days, hes really busy as hes operating large machinery and im only able to talk to him at night via video calls. During his working hours, we will txt now and then. I have no relationship problems at all with my husband. Lately have been feeling paranoid, felt like he didnt care abt me, afraid that he will leave me, and then i miss him so much. Maybe i felt that im taking care of everyone else and no one is taking care of me. I feel alone, irritable and sometimes even the slightest things my kids do, tick me off. I will scold them then later on , regret it and then i break down again. I feel extreme guilt towards my kids. Like im the most lousy mum ever and just their luck to have someone like me as their mum.
I dont have much friends. Even the closest ones, i cant share my prob as im afraid if they think im having relationship problems. I am so sick of feeling this way. I sometmes hate myself, i cant get things done, if possible i just want to curl up in bed,not do anything and wallow up in sadness. I hate crying non stop. Even the little things trigger the sadness. I feel so alone , so empty, useless and rejected. Like no one cares for me. I am so stressed and anxious for no reason at all.

Just to share that i am nt always like this. During my last preg with my no 2 in 2013, i have always been independant and hubby also wasnt ard as he was still working in the same overseas project back then. I did everything myself and have never felt the way im feeling now. Yes of course i felt tired then and sometimes a lil stress bt was able to handle it well. I dunno why this time im like this. But do note that i have never felt like taking my life or hrming myself as i still think of my family.

Jusy these unnecesary feeling ive been having is taking a toll on me. I plan to talk to my gynae next week abt this cos i really dunno what to do. Am at my wits end.

Hi chillea_analu,
Pls talk to your gynae as soon as possible about what you're feeling. If it's really prenatal depression, it's best you seek professional treatment/advice as soon as possible. All the best to you.

Hehe, both. I ordered lasagne as my main course, pizza I share with my hubby :D
Super satisfied when the cravings are met.

Haha yeah super satisfied eating what you crave. I also had tomato pasta over the weekend, have been ordering that dish every week!

Hi! It sounds like it's really tiring for you. I cannot imagine myself solo caring for my toddler - and I only have one - so it must be very tiring for you. How about getting a domestic helper? At least this way, when you need the naps, you can; and it can also lessen the chores and loads for you?

Hope you get to speak to someone soon! Take care :)

Hi mummy,

In addition to recommendations by Elm & cherrycheries, perhaps you may want to find time to do things that makes yourself happy instead?
Many times, SAHMs tend to sacrifice their own "me-time" to cater for the needs of the family. But in doing so, you are neglecting your own well-being.
If possible, maybe you can leave your 9yo & 3yo in the care of your parents/PILs for a day or two and just head out to go shopping/mani pedi/catch up with long time no talk friends/whatever that can help you to relax and de-stress.
Try not to coop yourself at home and allow yourself to overthink things...Go out more for exercise (evening walks or trek at reservoirs) to freshen up your mind. :)

Hi Danvon09,
I totally understood how you feel as i am currently based overseas in France for 2 years.
The medical assistance in European countries is very different from Spore.The hospital will only do 3 scans during whole pregnancy,respectively at week14, 22, 32.
Other than that, gynae will only offer you to listen to heartbeats during monthly checkups. Like what you said, can see scans only if you go to private clinics on your own accord.
Only midwives will be around to deliver for you unless there is any complications. Hope everything goes well for you in UK. :)

Hi Axmxbabylin, is this your 1st pregnancy as well? At least you have monthly check-ups. In UK, I have only met my midwife once so far. The next will be at 16th week, and hospital check at 20th week. I guess they take it easy here! Haha! Take care of yourself too!

Hi, i heard all patients going to public hospitals in UK need not pay for anythg, incl foreigners. That prob explains why they do the minimal. Btw, do chk with airline when is the last date you can fly back cos i heard most will not allow once you are in 3rd trimister cos there may be a risk that you will give birth. Some may even require preggy ladies to produce doc's certification that you can fly.

Hi Trinity4ever, it used to be free for everyone. Now we have to pay for the medical here...its about SGD 700+ for 1 year. But they cover most things, other than medications. Not too bad so far! I should be going back on SQ/Qatar, and based on their website, they said ok to fly till 36th Week. I should be flying on Week 34-35. Hopefully they allow *cross fingers*.

Wts: Pre-loved Quinny Zapp stroller with maxi-cosi. Come with travel bag & rain cover. $300 Condition: 8/10
WA: 8498 8382 for more pics
ImageUploadedByForum1458959661.498273.jpg

Thanks for the replies! This is my first and quite unexpected in a way because of work. Haha. Anyway, seems like i will just pop some folic acid pills and wait a few more weeks for a gynae visit.

Wait until you're in your 7-8 weeks, Gynae will be able to detect heartbeat and CRL measurement.

Hi mummies-to-be, wondering how everyone is doing? Any mummies with baby bump yet?

Me! I'm currently 14 weeks.
When my Jap boss was posted back to Japan last week and I went to shake his hands to bid him farewell, he asked me how far along I was.
I told him 3 months....he commented my tummy size looks big for 3 months. I told him becos I'm fatter...hahaha...OK la, I'm on the chubby side all along pre-pregnancy.
His wife is petite size, so I think her tummy is smaller when she was 3 months pregnant with his son.

My colleagues also guessed that I am pregnant (although they don't dare to ask me directly). I only told my boss, my direct manager & my office's secretary about my pregnancy.
My office secretary (also my lunch kaki) told me quite a few of them asked her if I'm pregnant but she acted blur to their questions.
Cos she said some of them noticed my style of dressing has changed (wearing looser clothes now), my appetite has changed (eating snacks and breads between meals) and most importantly, my bump is showing liao :D

When I was about 10-11 weeks, I was taking the MRT and happened to stand in front of the handicap seat area and using my phone. Suddenly a young Malay girl seated on the handicap seat gestured towards me and asked if I wanted the seat. I was too stunned and surprised and declined her offer...First and only time it happened to me....I was wearing baggy clothes that day and I tot I wasn't showing my tummy.:oops:
But thinking back, I think it was because I was carrying a backpack that day, so it somehow pulled back my clothing and my little bump showed.:p

Oh...and I noticed my bump size increases after meal....Before meal my bump looks deflated and bouncy....After meal my bump looks inflated and tighter....my personal "balloon".:D

Hi P3riwinkl3,

Glad to hear things are going well for you! I am the same, my bump size increases after a meal haha, ya it will look inflated and feels tighter. When I wake up in the morning, it's gone back down a little. Otherwise, my baby bump is still quite small and no one notices I am pregnant. I am also in my 14th week!

Hi Elm,

So far it has been smooth...except for cramps that come on/off...I brought up the cramps to my gynae last week during my check-up but he did not detect any abnormality after pressing my abdominal area + ultra-scanning. Probably due to body changes I guess.
Last 2 days I had bad cramps on my left side.....reminds me of Day 1 & 2 of my menses. But the cramps will ease up whenever I stand or walk & after a warm bath.
So I supposed it's some muscles pulling due to my expanding bump. And it's on the left side becos my little one is nested on my left side....I confirmed it with my gynae during the last visit...lolx
Today the cramps have more or less subsided...phew...I wonder if this is what they call the round ligament pain?

Have you done your tests (harmony/paranoma)? Know the gender of your baby yet?

Back