September 2016 Mummies!

@BabyBear16, how far along are you?
Because if your are already in 2nd/3rd trimester, then of cos the extra weight burden on your body will definitely make you more fatigue.
But it's a good thing you can get 8hrs of slp every night.....hahahaha... Can eat (no morning sickness), can slp (no insomnia), can poop (not suffering from constipation)....that's the best blessing for us now. :D

i'm in week 13 now..
but the fatigue has kicked in ever since i got pregnant..
sighh.. i feel so sleepy everyday.. i cannot concentrate at work..
My work performance has definitely suffered and my memory is also not as good as before.. :(

i'm in week 13 now..
but the fatigue has kicked in ever since i got pregnant..
sighh.. i feel so sleepy everyday.. i cannot concentrate at work..
My work performance has definitely suffered and my memory is also not as good as before.. :(

I agree with the work performance part.
These days I feel like my brain processing power is slowing down...not sure is it due to insufficient slp or pregnancy-induced dumbing down.
When my manager discussed work with me the other day, I just stared at him blankly (can feel my brain blocking the information from going in), then asked him to repeat and go slower....hahahaha....thankful I have not made any big mistake at work yet :p

I felt movements yesterday :) I'm 14.5weeks today. Anyone felt fluttering yet? :)

How exciting....I'm curious...can you further describe this fluttering feeling?
I want to make sure when I feel it, I won't mistake it for my stomach rumbling for food...lolx

I agree with the work performance part.
These days I feel like my brain processing power is slowing down...not sure is it due to insufficient slp or pregnancy-induced dumbing down.
When my manager discussed work with me the other day, I just stared at him blankly (can feel my brain blocking the information from going in), then asked him to repeat and go slower....hahahaha....thankful I have not made any big mistake at work yet :p

How exciting....I'm curious...can you further describe this fluttering feeling?
I want to make sure when I feel it, I won't mistake it for my stomach rumbling for food...lolx

Hmm it's like something rolling or poking from the inside. Because the baby is still small, I think I probably felt the baby turning rather than kicking.. It's my second so i suppose I'm more sensitive with the feeling. If you don't feel hungry after the stomach rumbling, it could be the baby then :) for my first one, I think i felt movement in 17+ weeks but daddy could only feel from the outside at 18+ weeks

Hi Mummies,

Anyone starting to get insomnia due to hormones going haywire during the first trimester???
Falling asleep usually no problem, but I'm having difficulties staying asleep.

Example 1: After a few hours of sleep, I will just start tossing and turning in bed, can't get back to zzz-land.
Example 2: After a few hours of sleep, high tide, went to pee, come back cannot sleep!!

At most I managed to get some light sleep (like napping) but with plenty of tossing and turning once my deep sleep gets interrupted.
It's like I can't find the correct position to sleep or the temperature is not right (I'm already sleeping with aircon).
And when I cannot fall asleep, every sound in the room gets amplified and irritates me (eg. hubby snoring, clock ticking, traffic sound, etc)......lagi cannot sleep!

Hope my quality of sleep will improve when I reach 2nd trimester. I miss the days of 一觉到天明.
Right now I'm like running on limited battery in the day while working...dead tired by 10pm+...
If I manage to fall asleep by 11pm, I will usually start tossing and turning around 3am-5am...until my alarm bell rings and I need to get up for work.

I also hv the same problem..
I'm in need of a good nite sleep.......

Hi Everyone,

My first post here, this is my 1st pregnancy. I'm in 12 weeks now and my EDD: 14 Sep 2016
I had difficulty to sleep at night too, pls send me the link for the pregnancy pillow? Does it really help in promoting better sleep?

How do I go about joining the Sep 2016 baby Group?

Pls add me to the fb grp. Thx
[email protected]
Invite sent! Check your email inbox for it.
Hi Everyone,

My first post here, this is my 1st pregnancy. I'm in 12 weeks now and my EDD: 14 Sep 2016
I had difficulty to sleep at night too, pls send me the link for the pregnancy pillow? Does it really help in promoting better sleep?

Hi. The Sep 2016 Facebook group is a Secret group so non-members would not be able to search for the group. Only existing members can add you in. One way is by sending an invitation to your email. I would need your email address to do so.

Hi Everyone,

Hi, just search for "pregnancy pillow" in Qoo10. A variety of sellers selling the pillows will show up and you can choose accordingly.

Hi all MTBs.. can add me into the group as well? EDD mid-sep [email protected]

Did my 12 week scan for down syndrome & got a huge surprise/shock.. we are expecting identical twins! Feeling excited yet stress at the same time.. anyone can share if there's any fb group for mummies expecting twins??

Hi mummies, just want to ask if anyone has experienced this before...sorry if its TMI :p

Last night when I went to pee before bed, I noticed my tummy area (groin area perhaps) having this pulling feel after peeing. The pulling feel is quite similar to how I felt when I had UTI before. But peeing wasn't painful and no trace of blood in my pee when I wipe. So I brushed it off as nothing...I did noticed some aches/cramps at my tummy area when I went to slp, but it's confusing cos I also get cramps from my pregnancy.
Then this morning when I peed after waking up, there was gas passing out with my urine through my urethra (very sure it's not from vagina). Normally I don't encounter this. But like before, there was no pain and no blood. The feeling after peeing is similar to UTI again (like want to pee again but urge not strong enough to make me go toilet immediately), and the feeling seems to amplify when I walk fast/big strides.
I thought of visiting my company doctor nearby this morning but the UTI feeling has eased up so I did not go.
Been drinking plenty of plain water since morning to try and flush out whatever bacteria that might be causing this. So far so good...no more UTI feeling, pee is clear, no more gas passing out from urethra when I pee. So I'm wondering if this is a once-off occurrence due to haywire hormones.

I have appt with my gynae this Friday afternoon. If this UTI feeling + gas passing through urethra recurs again later this week, I will bring it up to my gynae.
I did some googling this morning when it happened and gosh....some of the diagnosis sounds scary :confused:

Hi mummies, just want to ask if anyone has experienced this before...sorry if its TMI :p

Last night when I went to pee before bed, I noticed my tummy area (groin area perhaps) having this pulling feel after peeing. The pulling feel is quite similar to how I felt when I had UTI before. But peeing wasn't painful and no trace of blood in my pee when I wipe. So I brushed it off as nothing...I did noticed some aches/cramps at my tummy area when I went to slp, but it's confusing cos I also get cramps from my pregnancy.
Then this morning when I peed after waking up, there was gas passing out with my urine through my urethra (very sure it's not from vagina). Normally I don't encounter this. But like before, there was no pain and no blood. The feeling after peeing is similar to UTI again (like want to pee again but urge not strong enough to make me go toilet immediately), and the feeling seems to amplify when I walk fast/big strides.
I thought of visiting my company doctor nearby this morning but the UTI feeling has eased up so I did not go.
Been drinking plenty of plain water since morning to try and flush out whatever bacteria that might be causing this. So far so good...no more UTI feeling, pee is clear, no more gas passing out from urethra when I pee. So I'm wondering if this is a once-off occurrence due to haywire hormones.

I have appt with my gynae this Friday afternoon. If this UTI feeling + gas passing through urethra recurs again later this week, I will bring it up to my gynae.
I did some googling this morning when it happened and gosh....some of the diagnosis sounds scary :confused:

Hello, whether it happen again or not is irrelevant, my reccommendation is to still tell your gynac about it. This way he/she can know more about you and if needful do a check for you.

Hi all MTBs.. can add me into the group as well? EDD mid-sep [email protected]

Did my 12 week scan for down syndrome & got a huge surprise/shock.. we are expecting identical twins! Feeling excited yet stress at the same time.. anyone can share if there's any fb group for mummies expecting twins??

Wowww!!! Congrats!! What a pleasant surprise. Have u ever done a scan before this?

Wowww!!! Congrats!! What a pleasant surprise. Have u ever done a scan before this?

Thanks =) I actually did a scan on wk 9 but there's only 1 heartbeat/1 "peanut". So its really surprising that in 3 wks time twin #2 pop out! Very thankful that the scan went OK & it seems like they are growing well!

Thanks =) I actually did a scan on wk 9 but there's only 1 heartbeat/1 "peanut". So its really surprising that in 3 wks time twin #2 pop out! Very thankful that the scan went OK & it seems like they are growing well!

Thats great! A really pleasant surprise indeed! congratulations once again..

Anyways mummies im due for an oscar test on 22nd march. First time taking the test.. May i know what does the test entails of? Blood test and scanning only? Cos i have to bring my 3Y toddler along with me for checkups and am nt sure if a gd idea to bring him with me cos no one to tke care of him..

Hi, my edd is 15 sep! Can add me to fb group?
My email is [email protected].

Thanks!
Hi hi! Can anyone add me to the Sep 16 FB group? My edd is 20th Sep. Thanks! :) [email protected]
Hello everyone. I'm a first time mummy as well and im sooooo excited. :) My EDD is 25th Sep'16.

How can i join the group? My email add is [email protected].
Hi Everyone,

Nice to e-meet you! This is my first pregnancy and my EDD is 13 Sep 2016.
Could anyone add me to the FB group? My email address is [email protected]

Thank you!
You've all been sent an invite! Check your email inbox.

Anyways mummies im due for an oscar test on 22nd march. First time taking the test.. May i know what does the test entails of? Blood test and scanning only? Cos i have to bring my 3Y toddler along with me for checkups and am nt sure if a gd idea to bring him with me cos no one to tke care of him..

Yes it's just a scan and blood test. The scan might take a while as they have to take different measurements. Is your toddler quite good with sitting down for at least 15 mins or so while you're lying down for the scan? Sometimes the baby might not be in a good position and they might ask you to take a walk outside and go back in for a second scan

Like what mummy lin0816 mentioned, Oscar will include scanning and blood test. Where would you be doing the test? I remember waiting for quite a while for mine 3 years ago; I also just went for NT scan, and also waited quite a while. For blood test, do you need to carry your child (would he fidget around etc) while the nurse draws blood? You might want to take note if he would feel bored easily also.

Thanks mummies for the advise. Ill be doing mine at NUH. I guess hve to bring a relative or friend along to help keep watch over my toddler as he can get quite fidgety.

Invite sent! Check your email inbox for it.

Hi. The Sep 2016 Facebook group is a Secret group so non-members would not be able to search for the group. Only existing members can add you in. One way is by sending an invitation to your email. I would need your email address to do so.

Hi, pls add me at my email: [email protected]

However, will others in my FB account see my comments cos I still haven't let others know about my pregnancy.

I would like to ask, there are how many type of blood test for DS?? My gyne asked me to do a blood test, he will send the blood overseas for analyzing as Singapore don't have the technology yet. The result also will also show my carrying a baby boy or gal. My frens told me there are harmony test n Oscar test.. Also can draw the fluid from waterbag to test. Actually which one is the more accurate test??

Hello! Finally it is time to announce. Hehe im wk13 tmr and first time mummy! Edd 14sept! Pls add me to the fb grp and if there is any whatsapp grp too, let me know!

[email protected]
hi, my edd is 20sep. can you add me into the fb group? [email protected]
Hi, pls add me at my email: [email protected]

However, will others in my FB account see my comments cos I still haven't let others know about my pregnancy.
Invites sent! check your email inbox.
Pls add me in too.. [email protected]
Thanks much
Another mummy already sent u an invite ok Sunday. Facebook doesn't allow me to re-send. See if u can find it in your email inbox/junk? If not pm me... We'll go the alternative way of becoming FB friends then I'll add u in. Will unfriend after that.

I would like to ask, there are how many type of blood test for DS?? My gyne asked me to do a blood test, he will send the blood overseas for analyzing as Singapore don't have the technology yet. The result also will also show my carrying a baby boy or gal. My frens told me there are harmony test n Oscar test.. Also can draw the fluid from waterbag to test. Actually which one is the more accurate test??

What your gynae describes sounds like the panaroma test, which is 99% accurate. Harmony test is also very similar to panaroma test, different laboratories I think. The cost can range from 900+ to 2000 dollars, depending on where you go. The Oscar test is the cheapest and least accurate (90% accuracy), costs around 300+. Usually if you are under 35yrs old and has no family history, an Oscar test will suffice. I did Oscar test for both pregnancies. If you're above 35yrs old, the gynae might recommend panaroma or harmony. Testing the amniotic fluids is the most accurate but carries a small risk of miscarriage so gynaes don't usually recommend that unless there is a not so positive Oscar test result or if there are other signs. Hope this helps.

What your gynae describes sounds like the panaroma test, which is 99% accurate. Harmony test is also very similar to panaroma test, different laboratories I think. The cost can range from 900+ to 2000 dollars, depending on where you go. The Oscar test is the cheapest and least accurate (90% accuracy), costs around 300+. Usually if you are under 35yrs old and has no family history, an Oscar test will suffice. I did Oscar test for both pregnancies. If you're above 35yrs old, the gynae might recommend panaroma or harmony. Testing the amniotic fluids is the most accurate but carries a small risk of miscarriage so gynaes don't usually recommend that unless there is a not so positive Oscar test result or if there are other signs. Hope this helps.
I'm 36 n 1st pregnancy. I having my 1st appt with KKH this thur. Thinking of switching from TMC to KKH. The gyne I'm currently seeing cannot prescribe the high blood medicine I'm taking. He only can giv me the prescription n I hv to go over to TMC to buy the medicine. I find it abit troublesome. I'm also afraid of complication during delivery due to my age n my blood pressure. Switch over to KKH so that every test n scan can be done under the same roof. I don hv to travel to clinic n TMC.

I'm 36 n 1st pregnancy. I having my 1st appt with KKH this thur. Thinking of switching from TMC to KKH. The gyne I'm currently seeing cannot prescribe the high blood medicine I'm taking. He only can giv me the prescription n I hv to go over to TMC to buy the medicine. I find it abit troublesome. I'm also afraid of complication during delivery due to my age n my blood pressure. Switch over to KKH so that every test n scan can be done under the same roof. I don hv to travel to clinic n TMC.

I see, it could be because of your age that's why the gynae suggested panaroma. Both Panaroma and Oscar tests carry zero miscarriage risks. Which clinic are you with at TMC? I'm with Dr WK Tan at WC Cheng and associates clinic. :)
I think the most important thing is to have a gynae you are comfortable with as he or she will be assisting you throughout the next eight months. Finding someone who makes you feel safe and reassured is the most important I think, that's how my gynae makes me feel lah. I'm not too familiar with kkh but I heard if you go private with them, you get to select a gynae who will be with you throughout the pregnancy. You can decide after the first appt, see if the gynae is someone you're comfortable with.

I see, it could be because of your age that's why the gynae suggested panaroma. Both Panaroma and Oscar tests carry zero miscarriage risks. Which clinic are you with at TMC? I'm with Dr WK Tan at WC Cheng and associates clinic. :)
I think the most important thing is to have a gynae you are comfortable with as he or she will be assisting you throughout the next eight months. Finding someone who makes you feel safe and reassured is the most important I think, that's how my gynae makes me feel lah. I'm not too familiar with kkh but I heard if you go private with them, you get to select a gynae who will be with you throughout the pregnancy. You can decide after the first appt, see if the gynae is someone you're comfortable with.

Sorry OT, I am seeing Dr Benjamin Tham at WC Cheng also.. Maybe we might bump into each other next time hehe!

Sorry OT, I am seeing Dr Benjamin Tham at WC Cheng also.. Maybe we might bump into each other next time hehe!
Oh yes we might! I usually wait at the sofa near Dr Tham's office. The nurses told me both Dr Tham and Dr WK Tan have the longest wait as they are very popular... :) I'll be there this Sat :)

The TMC clinic I went to is at bukit gombak, Dr Wong MT. My Fren recommended him to me. I'm staying in the East. So it's a long journey to the west for my checkup. I'm gg to the TPS in KKH, if I'm comfy Wif the doc, I will b switching over. Though I might b spending more $$ for checkups in KKH; its nearer to home. Haha.

Hello, whether it happen again or not is irrelevant, my reccommendation is to still tell your gynac about it. This way he/she can know more about you and if needful do a check for you.

Hi, just to update.
Visited my gynae today and brought up the UTI sensation issue. My gynae isn't too concern so I'm cleared...*phew*
Also took harmony test, prenatal blood test & NT/NBL scan as well...so far so good.
Back to enjoying my pregnancy :).

Hi, just to update.
Visited my gynae today and brought up the UTI sensation issue. My gynae isn't too concern so I'm cleared...*phew*
Also took harmony test, prenatal blood test & NT/NBL scan as well...so far so good.
Back to enjoying my pregnancy :).

Congrats mummy. Yup, we are all so happy for you.

Hi Mummies! Glad to be part of this growing group!

Reading all the posts (ok, almost all), my situation is probably the most different. I am currently on 1 year stay in the UK and am currently at 13 weeks pregnancy and EDD on 16 Sept. Definitely a different experience with my 1st baby (although it was a miscarriage at 6 weeks). The vitamins and scans here are all the bare minimal....vitamins can be bought from our Guardian equivalent, baby scans are only provided at 12 weeks and 20 weeks.

It's scary to think there is no other scans in between that is provided for by their healthcare system so we would have to go to private clinics to do additional scans. Definitely praying hard that this pregnancy will go well. That said, we are definitely flying back to SG in August for the delivery :) Hope to see you guys when we are back in SG!

Do add me to the fb group as well. My email is [email protected]. Thanks!!

Last edited:
Hi Mummies! Glad to be part of this growing group!

Reading all the posts (ok, almost all), my situation is probably the most different. I am currently on 1 year stay in the UK and am currently at 13 weeks pregnancy and EDD on 16 Sept. Definitely a different experience with my 1st baby (although it was a miscarriage at 6 weeks). The vitamins and scans here are all the bare minimal....vitamins can be bought from our Guardian equivalent, baby scans are only provided at 12 weeks and 20 weeks.

It's scary to think there is no other scans in between that is provided for by their healthcare system so we would have to go to private clinics to do additional scans. Definitely praying hard that this pregnancy will go well. That said, we are definitely flying back to SG in August for the delivery :) Hope to see you guys when we are back in SG!

Do add me to the fb group as well. My email is [email protected]. Thanks!!
Invite sent! Check your email inbox.

Back