Recurrent Miscarriages

oh, I’m so sorry. Ok I understand now.
After this mc, actually I can sense hubby is abit resigned to fate. He told my mom we are not young also, so maybe it’s a sign we shouldn’t try anymore. Plus I’m the very anxious type. Ever since I started not to feel so well since late last year till I became pregnant, I was anxious and afraid that my health will affect baby, I was physically and mentally stressed. And it got so much worse after my ANA result. I just want to get my health sorted out before I dare to think of ttc. Honestly if after today’s blood tests, I really get diagnosed with SLE (touchwood), or RA (touchwood), I think I will have a problem trying to accept, these two autoimmune diseases are more dangerous in my opinion. I might not ttc already if that’s the case.
Don't scared urself... Mine roller coaster during pregnancy only aft that all test shown normal... Mbe urs also leh so don't think so much 1st...

Just wait for the test 1st k k...

Mean expel out by urself le?
No. According to LMP, I was 7 weeks 6 days weeks but coz my cycle 31 days so it was 7 weeks 2 days actual. We did the scan and saw empty sac. I asked gynae to give it some time while taking the beta HCG. In the end HCG fell 2 days apart. So next day went for final scan to see the sac shrinking. Gynae arranged d&c and gave me cytotec for uterus contraction. Wah those two tablets can make a grown woman cry! I thought I was going to faint. Anyway in the end still proceed with d&c. Till now still bleeding lightly.:(

Now come to think of it, I’m day 4 after d&c, will this affect my blood tests? $1000+ spent on the blood test, if the results are affected because I’m still bleeding and if still have HCG in me, then wasted ah? Aiyo, but I did mention to dr vasoo that I had d&c done on Monday la... sigh, I hate to have this kind of doubt, make me very Kan cheong

No. According to LMP, I was 7 weeks 6 days weeks but coz my cycle 31 days so it was 7 weeks 2 days actual. We did the scan and saw empty sac. I asked gynae to give it some time while taking the beta HCG. In the end HCG fell 2 days apart. So next day went for final scan to see the sac shrinking. Gynae arranged d&c and gave me cytotec for uterus contraction. Wah those two tablets can make a grown woman cry! I thought I was going to faint. Anyway in the end still proceed with d&c. Till now still bleeding lightly.:(
Last year I opted for natural way to expel out than d&c again aft 3 d&c so is insert from below 10 pills.. U know started from 4 2 2 2 every 2 hrs is killing especially the 1st 4 pills hard to insert in cos below still v hard... I got phobia of d&c... I really hope to have #2 this time n closed shop lol... I nv dare to try le if got #2 haha...

Last year I opted for natural way to expel out than d&c again aft 3 d&c so is insert from below 10 pills.. U know started from 4 2 2 2 every 2 hrs is killing especially the 1st 4 pills hard to insert in cos below still v hard... I got phobia of d&c... I really hope to have #2 this time n closed shop lol... I nv dare to try le if got #2 haha...

Yah gynae asked me if I wanted to take oral meds then let it expel. I didn’t dare to. As Long as I knew the sac was inside, I still felt pregnant. It was a disturbing feeling when I know it’s about to end. D&c was easy way out but expensive Lor. I don’t want to go through it again. I was very heartbroken when they wheel me into the OT, because it was the same place where my other 2 were delivered, I never expected to go to the same place but for this procedure.
Hope none of us need to go through!

Just to check also, how Long did you wait for Dr Vasoo to come back with the blood results? She gave me an appt 3 weeks time I don’t know if I can tahan waiting. Gonna go crazy wondering....

Yah gynae asked me if I wanted to take oral meds then let it expel. I didn’t dare to. As Long as I knew the sac was inside, I still felt pregnant. It was a disturbing feeling when I know it’s about to end. D&c was easy way out but expensive Lor. I don’t want to go through it again. I was very heartbroken when they wheel me into the OT, because it was the same place where my other 2 were delivered, I never expected to go to the same place but for this procedure.
Hope none of us need to go through!
I took oral b4 but not so effective compared to when I insert it... Ya I know the feeling same place for d&c are the place I delivered my child...

Just to check also, how Long did you wait for Dr Vasoo to come back with the blood results? She gave me an appt 3 weeks time I don’t know if I can tahan waiting. Gonna go crazy wondering....
I can't rem 2 weeks or 1 month but is ok la just don't go and think although time pass slow but don't overstress of it...

I can't rem 2 weeks or 1 month but is ok la just don't go and think although time pass slow but don't overstress of it...
Don’t mind me asking. What was your issue when you went to Dr vasoo? And was your diagnosis conclusive? I read from other threads that Dr vasoo did a lot of tests, she also did a lot of tests for me, but I don’t see that they are the same tests. I’m at this moment more concerned about the autoimmune portion, then later I will worry about the pregnancy part because if I really have a bad case of disease, I will convince myself to give up ttc.

Don’t mind me asking. What was your issue when you went to Dr vasoo? And was your diagnosis conclusive? I read from other threads that Dr vasoo did a lot of tests, she also did a lot of tests for me, but I don’t see that they are the same tests. I’m at this moment more concerned about the autoimmune portion, then later I will worry about the pregnancy part because if I really have a bad case of disease, I will convince myself to give up ttc.
Recurrent loss w ANA showing in the 2nd d&c when hospital did the test for me. All my test ordered by gynae she helping to read the report related to her field. But don't worry if due to antibody issue it can be treated.

Recurrent loss w ANA showing in the 2nd d&c when hospital did the test for me. All my test ordered by gynae she helping to read the report related to her field. But don't worry if due to antibody issue it can be treated.
Oh ok I see. Thanks.
Yesterday her tests were mainly to find out what autoimmune disease I might have.. and if I have clotting.

But some only have antibody issue during pregnancy.. If have clotting what will they do? Do u mean by protein s deficiency?
I don’t know if it’s protein s...
ok I list down my tests
1. Thyroid screen 8
2. Anti-mpo & anti-pr3
3. Lupus screen
4. Anti-ena profileplus
5. Myositis panel
6. Lupus anticoagulant
7. Anti-cardiolipin 1gg & igm

for blood clotting by protein s deficiency-clexane
Antibodies- Prednisolone
plus aspirin.
Protein s deficiency only can have aspirin and clexance provided body won't have bleeding or else it will bleed more n expel the embryo out.

Antibodies is given prednisolone and intralipid

Protein s deficiency only can have aspirin and clexance provided body won't have bleeding or else it will bleed more n expel the embryo out.

Antibodies is given prednisolone and intralipid
I never had bleeding or even spotting during both unsuccessful pregnancies, used 0.4 clexane, aspirin and prednisolone, just fetus stopped developing.

Ahhh... so it’s not gonna tell me anything about whether it will affect pregnancy? I think she’s finding out what autoimmune disease it’s likely to be
All your tests are about if you have an autoimmune disorder or not. Only anti-cardiolipin shows if blood clotting.
If you have autoimmune disease, I will know it without blood test, lupus or scleroderma you can notice easily, don’t know about RA.

I never had bleeding or even spotting during both unsuccessful pregnancies, used 0.4 clexane, aspirin and prednisolone, just fetus stopped developing.
How come need to take clexance? Due to protein s deficiency? I rem I on intralipid too but he doesn't help...

Wah it’s pretty confusing. Yah but I did mention to Dr Vasoo I was concerned about my ANA reading so probably that’s what she’s trying to find out. I asked her if it is related to my mc, she said she doesn’t think so because it’s 1 mc and it could be totally coincidental. I mean I’m not willing to test her hypothesis by trying and seeing if I have another mc Lor... I’d rather be sure I have no problems before ttc. And if I have a real disorder, id like to treat it, and then think through if it is safe to ttc again.

All your tests are about if you have an autoimmune disorder or not. Only anti-cardiolipin shows if blood clotting.
If you have autoimmune disease, I will know it without blood test, lupus or scleroderma you can notice easily, don’t know about RA.
Lupus and scleroderma have physical symptoms but are they all so obvious? I’m worried about those subtle symptoms. I have stiff and achy joints and this started a few mths ago only. Only thing is they are not swollen la. And I also have tingling in my calves and hands... the more I read Dr Google the more it screws my mind...

Wah it’s pretty confusing. Yah but I did mention to Dr Vasoo I was concerned about my ANA reading so probably that’s what she’s trying to find out. I asked her if it is related to my mc, she said she doesn’t think so because it’s 1 mc and it could be totally coincidental. I mean I’m not willing to test her hypothesis by trying and seeing if I have another mc Lor... I’d rather be sure I have no problems before ttc. And if I have a real disorder, id like to treat it, and then think through if it is safe to ttc again.
Yes usually 1st MC to Dr is common... We all have the series of test is due to recurrent loss.. But of course u can insist it n get it treated it any jiayou don't give up

How come need to take clexance? Due to protein s deficiency? I rem I on intralipid too but he doesn't help...
I have protein S deficiency, positive anti-cardiolipin and beta-glycoprotein, ANA 1:800. That’s all, other tests were negative. I started to do tests in SGH, did it 3 times there and they always positive. Later during IVF switched to Dr Sheila, she prescribed to me all those medicines. Clexane is the most, it helps with blood circulation. Next ivf will try intralipids. Dr Sheila said in my case could be genetic problem in embryos because of my hubby sperm, his morphology is 0%, even my age is Ok, I’m 41 and still have a lot of eggs.

Lupus and scleroderma have physical symptoms but are they all so obvious? I’m worried about those subtle symptoms. I have stiff and achy joints and this started a few mths ago only. Only thing is they are not swollen la. And I also have tingling in my calves and hands... the more I read Dr Google the more it screws my mind...
Lupus and scleroderma is very obvious because skin is involved. Maybe you are in begging of RA? RA isn’t so scary as those two immune diseases.

Lupus and scleroderma is very obvious because skin is involved. Maybe you are in begging of RA? RA isn’t so scary as those two immune diseases.
I did a RA test but was during my pregnancy about 5 weeks. Everything else was negative for RA except ANA. Thing is, I don’t know how things can change before or after mc.
My Husband’s sperm shouldn’t be the problem, we have a 1.5yr old and she’s doing well. My elder child is from previous marriage, so on my part it should be my problem because it’s only recent months that I developed all these aches and pains and strange symptoms.
Just hope it’s ANA problem and nothing else, or even better, ANA become negative.

I have protein S deficiency, positive anti-cardiolipin and beta-glycoprotein, ANA 1:800. That’s all, other tests were negative. I started to do tests in SGH, did it 3 times there and they always positive. Later during IVF switched to Dr Sheila, she prescribed to me all those medicines. Clexane is the most, it helps with blood circulation. Next ivf will try intralipids. Dr Sheila said in my case could be genetic problem in embryos because of my hubby sperm, his morphology is 0%, even my age is Ok, I’m 41 and still have a lot of eggs.
Are you still under treatment by her? I’m coming 39 this year, honestly I really want to ttc, but as mentioned above those are my fears. My Husband is also afraid, especially if the baby’s health can be compromised if I’m the event I need to be medicated. It’s really very hard to make a decision to try or not, then even if try already also don’t know if will mc.

I did a RA test but was during my pregnancy about 5 weeks. Everything else was negative for RA except ANA. Thing is, I don’t know how things can change before or after mc.
My Husband’s sperm shouldn’t be the problem, we have a 1.5yr old and she’s doing well. My elder child is from previous marriage, so on my part it should be my problem because it’s only recent months that I developed all these aches and pains and strange symptoms.
Just hope it’s ANA problem and nothing else, or even better, ANA become negative.
To be frank if due to antibody issue got solutions if underlying issue can only try w risk...

Are you still under treatment by her? I’m coming 39 this year, honestly I really want to ttc, but as mentioned above those are my fears. My Husband is also afraid, especially if the baby’s health can be compromised if I’m the event I need to be medicated. It’s really very hard to make a decision to try or not, then even if try already also don’t know if will mc.
I’m not taking any medications now, except aspirin and generally feel myself very well. I start to take only when I’m in IVF again.

Alishablond, did you have any symptoms from those positive tests?

nothing. Don’t worry too much and don’t look at scary pictures in internet. Maybe you stressed and tired.
My close friend has localized scleroderma, I know how it looks like.
Hmm ok.. because I have symptoms which are non specific... past few months joints have been hurting on and off, sometimes my knees feel warm, back pain, easily tired. I’m getting abit concerned, don’t understand what’s going on...

Hmm ok.. because I have symptoms which are non specific... past few months joints have been hurting on and off, sometimes my knees feel warm, back pain, easily tired. I’m getting abit concerned, don’t understand what’s going on...
Is your ESR level always normal? If you Re in beginning of immune disorder, you have inflammation, it will be quite high.

Is your ESR level always normal? If you Re in beginning of immune disorder, you have inflammation, it will be quite high.
In my last blood test, but when I was still pregnant, my ESR, anti-ccp, RF all were within normal range. Now I don’t know if it has changed because of hormones but I still feel more or less same...:(

I have gotten my results but have not seen Dr Vasoo for followup. All negative. The ANA also negative (And there is no titre value also). Does this mean to say it is safe for me to ttc? And ever since my d&c, my temperature has constantly been 37.0 to 37.3.... I wasn’t given antibiotics by gynae also and my follow up is next week.
What other tests now should I go for? My joints still painful...

I have gotten my results but have not seen Dr Vasoo for followup. All negative. The ANA also negative (And there is no titre value also). Does this mean to say it is safe for me to ttc? And ever since my d&c, my temperature has constantly been 37.0 to 37.3.... I wasn’t given antibiotics by gynae also and my follow up is next week.
What other tests now should I go for? My joints still painful...
Best is told her abt this cos she is the expert in that areas even it is not pregnancy case...

Hi, does anyone experience any changes to menses after d&c? It’s my second menses cycle after d&c in jan. my usual menses lasts 5 days. This cycle came on time, but lasted 2 days... is this normal? Or am I gonna menopause??

Hi, has anyone seen Dr Choolani recently. Care to share the cost?

Sadly the gyane can't detect my baby's heartbeat yesterday and this will be my 2nd miscarriage. Both lost at week 6. Will see gyane on Friday to decide which option to go for dnc or medication.

Dr Kanika suggested that i should go for a full check up since i had 2 miscarriages.

Feeling sad and depressed and hope to seek medical help to check what is my issue. Age is catching up and im still trying for one at 40.

Is there a whatsapp group that i can join?

F
Hi, has anyone seen Dr Choolani recently. Care to share the cost?

Sadly the gyane can't detect my baby's heartbeat yesterday and this will be my 2nd miscarriage. Both lost at week 6. Will see gyane on Friday to decide which option to go for dnc or medication.

Dr Kanika suggested that i should go for a full check up since i had 2 miscarriages.

Feeling sad and depressed and hope to seek medical help to check what is my issue. Age is catching up and im still trying for one at 40.

Is there a whatsapp group that i can join?
I’m so sorry that you have to go through this. I’ve not been to Dr Choolani, but I’m going to Dr Sheila. I’m also looking to TTC and I’m almost 40. I also did a full check after my miscarriage and till now non-conclusive.

Hi,

I am new to the thread. Now, into my 3rd miscarriage. At a lost because my first 2 miscarriages due to chromosome issues (natural pregnancies) I just did my IVF and transferred quality embryo (after PGS) and heartbeat was detected at 5 weeks.

I started to have mild bleeding and was hospitalised and given intralipid infusion for Subchrionic Hematoma and was discharged. Straight after I was discharged I had bleeding again. This time it was massive and my gestational sac collapsed and fetal heartbeat no longer be detected.

I am waiting for placenta to be discharged from my uterus. Otherwise I need to go for D&C

Now I am wondering whether my immune system is attacking my fetus because IVF Doctor extremely certain embryo of excellent quality.

I have ANA of 1:160 tested at KKH

Hi,

I am new to the thread. Now, into my 3rd miscarriage. At a lost because my first 2 miscarriages due to chromosome issues (natural pregnancies) I just did my IVF and transferred quality embryo (after PGS) and heartbeat was detected at 5 weeks.

I started to have mild bleeding and was hospitalised and given intralipid infusion for Subchrionic Hematoma and was discharged. Straight after I was discharged I had bleeding again. This time it was massive and my gestational sac collapsed and fetal heartbeat no longer be detected.

I am waiting for placenta to be discharged from my uterus. Otherwise I need to go for D&C

Now I am wondering whether my immune system is attacking my fetus because IVF Doctor extremely certain embryo of excellent quality.

Sorry about your miscarriage. Did KKH refer you to see a rheumatologist? When TTSH tested, my level was 1:320, then 1:640 following month. In mount E, tested 1:160. I had a blighted ovum (no fetal tissue) for my miscarriage . The doctor thinks it is not related to my blood.

Hi,

For ANA best is to see rheumatologist they can advise better in this cos might need other meds to help on this other than intralipid drip

No. Gynae at KKH simply just brushed it off, saying I did not have lupus, so should be okay but I don’t think so.

I just came across a link.

http://www.preventmiscarriage.com/positive-ana-and-miscarriage.html

Might be helpful to those with positive ANA. I only tested for ANA once which is 1:160

Hi,

Sorry about your miscarriage. Did KKH refer you to see a rheumatologist? When TTSH tested, my level was 1:320, then 1:640 following month. In mount E, tested 1:160. I had a blighted ovum (no fetal tissue) for my miscarriage . The doctor thinks it is not related to my blood.

Back