1. We've compiled a list of frequently asked questions and their answers at http://singaporemotherhood.com/forum/threads/faq-on-using-the-new-forum.21478/
    Dismiss Notice

Recurrent Miscarriages

Discussion in 'Motherhood, Pregnancies And Babies' started by crystaltears, Jan 6, 2013.

1. Give a hope

Give a hope Well-Known Member

Yes kkh don't bother I got the result there but went to see rheumatologist outside at nuh cos the Dr there doesn't know how to treat antibody issue for pregnancy... Perhaps make appt go see Dr Sheila in this? I was with her for my antibody issue 5yrs ago

BBsparkle and feelinglost like this.

2. feelinglost

feelinglost New Member

Yes. I intend to go to Prof Mahesh Choolani

https://www.mountelizabeth.com.sg/d...choolani/259d4973-49bf-63ee-ab9a-ff0500dba087

I read somewhere in this thread Prof Choolani has some immune system experts in his team. Is Dr Sheila one of them?

3. Give a hope

I have my reserved on prof choolani. Changed my gynae aft my last year incident.. But I would say go ahead to see Dr Sheila she is nice and assuring too...

feelinglost likes this.
  4. feelinglost

feelinglost New Member

Can you provide Dr Sheila’s contact? Is she from Mount Elizabeth, Novena?

5. Give a hope

Yes Mt e novena she has her own clinic... I don't have her number but u can Google it and make appt to see her

feelinglost likes this.
  6. feelinglost

feelinglost New Member

Possible to PM me and share what incident you encountered with Prof Mahesh Choolani?
    Thanks

7. feelinglost

feelinglost New Member

8. Alishablond

Alishablond Active Member

feelinglost likes this.
  9. feelinglost

feelinglost New Member

10. rainbowdst

rainbowdst Member

Hi i got MC 3x, my last one was on 2017. After the 3 MC, i just cant get pregnant anymore. Saw proff choolani last time for all the test at NUH on end of 2016 and did IUI on 2018 ( before that got do some blood test etc) gynae gave a go but no success.
    After read this forum, i just realize my ANA when checked last time is 1:160. But proff Choolani said no big issue and prescribe me aspirin n few multivitamin to try again to get pregnant but no success.
    So I just wonder is it due to my ANA too after i read the link that feelinglost provide?

Thinking to go for ivf but if the problem really due to my ANA i wont do it first and maybe seek advice from Dr Sheila.
    My hub did semen test prior to IUI and her morphology n motility quite low but yet gynae said can go for IUI since his quantity a lot.

We are trying very hard for #2 and me going 43 this year .

11. LostAngel

LostAngel New Member

Hi, can you share with me your experience with Prof Choolani? Who did u change your gynae to? Thanks...

12. BBsparkle

BBsparkle Member

Hi

I also just had my 2nd miscarriage of twins at Week10, both lost heartbeats and growth seemed to stop at week8 size.

Currently resting and recuperating..
    Been reading this forum to see which tests can be done to find out what’s the root cause or is it just coincidence of unluckiness..

13. BBsparkle

BBsparkle Member

14. Fatapple

Fatapple New Member

Hi BBsparkle

Sorry to hear that.

I'm seeing Prof Choolani, have completed the blood test recently and now waiting for the result in August. Hopefully nothing serious.

15. JunSTSG

JunSTSG New Member

Hi,
    I am sorry about miscarriage.
    Do read up ageloc R2. It is recommended for fertility. It is not a definite thing but at least it will increase the chance of conceiving. Both husband and wife must consume at the same time. I have testimonials from successful couples. Pm me if your want to take a read.
    And I hope my lil sharing help you.

16. feelinglost

feelinglost New Member

I have blood drawn for the following tests but need to see Dr Sheila on next appointment for the following:
    Natural Killer Cells
    SLE Panel
    Anti-ENA Panel
    Anti-Nuclear Antibodies
    25-OH Vitamin D
    Thrombophilia Screen
    Anti-B2 Glycoprotein IGG and IGM
    Prothrombin G20210A
    Factor V Leiden
    MTHFR
    Thyroid

Previously I had done quite a few tests at KKH like Karyotyping of my husband and myself and several other tests but no problems found except ANA of 1:160

Several tests are not repeated except ANA

Anyway, Dr Sheila did mention the tests she ordered will be tailored to case by case basis.

BBsparkle and Alishablond like this.
  17. BBsparkle

BBsparkle Member

Thanks for the details!
    I will also like to see Dr Sheila to find out more too!

Is Karyotyping test useful?

I have Protein S deficiency during my 1st stillborn at Week34 without knowing it

18. feelinglost

feelinglost New Member

19. feelinglost

feelinglost New Member

Karyotyping tests are performed on me and my husband to ensure that we do not have chromosomes problems ourselves and our Trisomy 11 miscarriage is just a random occurrence (like a stroke of bad luck)

20. BBsparkle

BBsparkle Member

What test did the gynae did to diagnose for Trisomy 11 miscarriage? My gynae took the blood specimen to test for trophoblastic hyperplasia only...

21. BBsparkle

BBsparkle Member

Do you mind sharing what are the tests done?
    May I know why u go to Prof Choolani instead of Dr Sheila?

22. feelinglost

feelinglost New Member

Karyotyping was done on fetal tissues to diagnose Trisomy 11

23. BBsparkle

BBsparkle Member

I see.. actually quite difficult for us to understand what tests the gynae r doing at those heartbreaking moments... thanks for sharing.

Now i’m still recuperating from the D&C done 2.5 weeks ago..

How long did u take to go see Dr Sheila? After your menstrual cycle come back?

24. feelinglost

feelinglost New Member

No, I booked an appointment to see her upon recommendation from this thread. The clinic staff slotted me in.

25. BBsparkle

BBsparkle Member

I see! Okok.. I will try to call tomorrow hopefully can get a slot next week :)
    Let’s Jiayou together!

26. numbbb

numbbb Member

Hi ladies

I’ve just returned 400 red eggs this morning to Zhu Sheng Niang Niang for baby’s full month. Spreading the baby dust!! Good luck!!

1) Shuang Lin Cheng Huang Miao (Siong Lim Temple, part of Lian Shan Shuang Lin Monastery)

184 Jalan Toa Payoh
    Phone: 6259 5292
    Opening hours: 8am – 5pm

2) Giok Hong Tian Temple (Yu Huang Dian)

495 Havelock Road
    Phone: 6733 5727
    Opening hours: 7am – 5pm

27. Amelia67

Amelia67 New Member

Hi. Do you mind sharing the cost of the tests done at Prof Mahesh?

28. Gravitica

Gravitica New Member

Hi is the whatsapp grp still avail? Keen to join too

29. Mamacoco

Mamacoco New Member

I just visit my Gynae last week, he said baby not growing , he give me one more week to monitor , anyone encounter this situation before ?

30. MichNg

MichNg Well-Known Member

How many weeks are you?
    It is sadly quite common.

31. Gravitica

Gravitica New Member

Hang in there. Mine was given 2 weeks wait due to yolk sac being small & no heartbeat found at 6 weeks. I end up having a miscarriage.. i guess sometimes the egg & sperm doesn't match thats why a healthy baby cant develop properly...

32. Mamacoco

Mamacoco New Member

Same case here, now going 7 weeks but doc said something about yolk sac being small, need to see Gynae on Thursday , should be prepare the worst .

33. Mamacoco

Mamacoco New Member

Your gynae give u medicine to have miscarriage , normally what the doc do?

34. MichNg

MichNg Well-Known Member

7 weeks is quite common. I had 2x mc like that. First one I naturally bled a few days later. Second one did d&c so we can test the fetus for chromosome abnormalities.

35. Mamacoco

Mamacoco New Member

D&C must do in hospital ? And how is the cost ?

36. Gravitica

Gravitica New Member

He didnt give me any medicine or d&c. I bleed naturally within the 2 wk wait. i guess its better to let nature takes its course. Im going again to have a scan to see if all has been expel from the body once ive complete bleeding.

37. MichNg

MichNg Well-Known Member

D&c is day surgery so should be in hospital. Check in morning, afternoon check out. I think mine was around $3k, private patient at kkh but there’s some medisave claimable amount, and some ppl may have medical insurance coverage.

Sometimes if natural mc but there is residual tissue didn’t expel completely, ur gynae may still recommend to do d&c.

Flipside, if ur gynae / surgeon is not careful during d&c, can cause scarring of womb.

38. Mamacoco

Mamacoco New Member

Thank you so much

39. Fatapple

Fatapple New Member

Hi Amelia67

Sorry for the late reply. I spent about 4.2k for the tests and another $400 for the HPV, papsmear test.

Prof Choolani is now practicing at NUH instead of Mount E Novena hence probably the tests would be cheaper as compared what i have paid. Waiting to get the results early Aug.

Would you gals like to create a chatgroup instead?

Amelia67 likes this.
  40. Fatapple

Fatapple New Member

Hi BBsparkle

Probably because i found more reviews on Prof Choolani instead of Dr Sheila online hence decided to see him instead.

41. Amelia67

Amelia67 New Member

Thanks for the info. 4.2k is really steep! Prof mentioned 2-3k but he's not too sure of the exact cost. Had to do 27 different test for me and I'm worried how much that's gonna cost. Have to wait till my next period before doing all the test. Do you guys have a group chat already? Do you mind adding me :)

42. Fatapple

Fatapple New Member

Hi Amelia

Would you mind providing (private message) your contact no. to me and i will watsapp u?

4.2k is indeed expensive especially when i don't have skyhigh salary. I was reluctant to pay for the tests but after 2 miscarriages at week 6 believe it's more than concidence? so i close both eyes and pay for it. :(

I signed up the tests when Prof Choolani was still with Mount E but was given an option to have the money to be refunded by his clinic and make a new appointment to see Prof and have the tests done in NUH. For this, i have to wait for my next menses again and do the tests. Didn't take this option since I'm hitting 40 soon and can't afford to waste any more time. o_O

43. Gravitica

Gravitica New Member

Hi. Anybody knows if sticky blood can be tested at polyclinics? Gynae just suspect that it could be sticky blood so i want to get a blood test done to find out if i really do have it .

44. BBsparkle

BBsparkle Member

Hi MichNg

Did you find out any abnormalities for the 2nd one? I didn’t do so during my 2nd loss of my twins at week10...

45. BBsparkle

BBsparkle Member

Hi Fatapple

May I know what are the proposed treatment by Prof Choolani to prep for next pregnancy?

I went to see Dr Sheila and did quite a few blood tests. NK cells and ANA are borderline and she recommended me to start aspirin.

46. Fatapple

Fatapple New Member

Hi BBsparket

Prof Choolani has referred me to see Dr Shelia for my Nk cells, Thyroglobulin and TPO antibody. I was given Vit D and told to see him only when I'm pregnant?? :confused:

I have seen Dr Sheila last week and was given Euthyrox 25mcg (to be taken half tablet each morning) and Super Selenium Complex.

Dr Sheila said we can start trying for a baby however have to call the clinic as soon as I'm pregant so they can start me on steroid and some kind of drip (made of nuts, eggs etc) for the auto immune thing. Sorry don't remember the medical terms.

I will be seeing Dr. Sheila for Thyroid blood test and review in mid-Oct.

Did Prof Choolani start you on any treatment?