Recurrent Miscarriages

Yup i went for 2nd opinion & got the same diagnosis too... i will schedule to do the procedure next week

Sorry to hear that u got similar experience.. ur twins is also conceive via ivf? Is it natural fet or medicated?
My twins were lost at week10 and they were conceived from IUI... every pregnancy is a risk we are braving through! Jiayou! I just started my 1st ivf this Jan and hope my rainbow baby will come strong!

Hi everyone. I just had miscarriage and went through many rounds of bleeding, medications and finally d&C. My doc said it's my first pregnancy so can just try again, but I don't have the courage to ttc until I know some answers to understand the risks. Do you know if we can request for karyotype testing after first time miscarriage? If yes, which hospital or doctor? Can this be subsidized? Tks a wish you all well.

Hi everyone. I just had miscarriage and went through many rounds of bleeding, medications and finally d&C. My doc said it's my first pregnancy so can just try again, but I don't have the courage to ttc until I know some answers to understand the risks. Do you know if we can request for karyotype testing after first time miscarriage? If yes, which hospital or doctor? Can this be subsidized? Tks a wish you all well.
A big hug to you.. it’s definitely hard to start thinking about ttc. Now is the time for you to recuperate well first. May I know which week did u lose the baby? Did your Gynae recommend any specific tests?

As for me, both my stillborn (at week34) and twins (at week10) were due to unknown reason. I didn’t proceed with karyotype testing as my Gynae did not recommend it. Instead I did many other blood tests and all results came back normal.

Tks BBsparkle, big hug to you too. It was 9w+ but my bb only survived 7w. After d&C, my doc at kkh only asked me to wait for period to come and try again. My review is in 2 weeks but doc didn't order any blood test, only urine test to confirm no pregnant. Is it normal? I thought after d&C they will do ultrasound.
May I know why your gynae didn't recommend karyotype? If knowing we have chromosome problem, it will help to consider TCC anymore or at least try IVF?

At public hospitals, under govt subsidy, you will need to have gone through 3 consecutive miscarriages or more than one (at the very least), or unless you have very good reason to, you'd be referred to the High Risk Clinic, and only then they will offer/advice you to go through karyotyping etc. Otherwise, you can always go to any private obgyn to do the genetic testing but it will cost quite a bit.

The most basic genetic testing, sent to Invitae (no longer remember how to spell it, haha) would set you back by 3k at the very least. Single gene testing is about 12k at least. I paid these prices as of Jun 2020. These prices are only for gene testing , and before hospital/doctor's own charges for drawing of blood etc.

Good luck!

At public hospitals, under govt subsidy, you will need to have gone through 3 consecutive miscarriages or more than one (at the very least), or unless you have very good reason to, you'd be referred to the High Risk Clinic, and only then they will offer/advice you to go through karyotyping etc. Otherwise, you can always go to any private obgyn to do the genetic testing but it will cost quite a bit.

The most basic genetic testing, sent to Invitae (no longer remember how to spell it, haha) would set you back by 3k at the very least. Single gene testing is about 12k at least. I paid these prices as of Jun 2020. These prices are only for gene testing , and before hospital/doctor's own charges for drawing of blood etc.

Good luck!

Tks a lot for the info. Did you find the results helpful? if results are good, did they rule out bb will not be conceived with genetic abnormality, or there is still risk during conception?

I did the genetic tests because my obgyn was worried about my baby's thick Nuchal Fold. Prior to that I only did blood tests with Dr Vasoo.

We were advised by my geneticist that it depends on the genetic issue, if any. Some chromosomes are of unknown variant, means doctors do not know how, if any, the "faulty" chromosomes will impact the baby medically. That was what happened to me (for us, one was normal and the other had issues with one set of chromosomes of unknown variant). So, if both you and your spouse come back with good normal results, do not think it will pass on to baby (means not genetic issue).

hi ladies, jus to check after MC, the first menses come the flow is it very little?

i did D&C on 17 March, bleeding stop abt 1 week time.. when i drink shen hua soup, i also nv bleed. then last friday (16 April) i come abit of brown spotting (like pre-menstruation). but until now, the flow is very little. ard 20-30% of the pad for whole day. is it normal? when will the menses become normal flow?

pls advise.

hi ladies, jus to check after MC, the first menses come the flow is it very little?

i did D&C on 17 March, bleeding stop abt 1 week time.. when i drink shen hua soup, i also nv bleed. then last friday (16 April) i come abit of brown spotting (like pre-menstruation). but until now, the flow is very little. ard 20-30% of the pad for whole day. is it normal? when will the menses become normal flow?

pls advise.
Not really it should be quite per normal period! But the period after MC will take longer to come for my case.

Not really it should be quite per normal period! But the period after MC will take longer to come for my case.
o... i don know is it because of the D&C, doc did do scape for me as well.. does it cause the lining to be thin, thus flow is little?

shld i go see my gynae? or wait for next month menses to see if flow resume?

o... i don know is it because of the D&C, doc did do scape for me as well.. does it cause the lining to be thin, thus flow is little?

shld i go see my gynae? or wait for next month menses to see if flow resume?

Hello,

mine was very light for the first period after d&c, 2nd period recently & it came back to normal flow already. You might want to wait for another cycle, if it is still light, maybe can seek gynae’s advice.

Hello,

mine was very light for the first period after d&c, 2nd period recently & it came back to normal flow already. You might want to wait for another cycle, if it is still light, maybe can seek gynae’s advice.

hi, how light is yours & how many days?? is it like spotting kind? mine is slightly heavier than spotting kind, about 10% -20% of the pad for whole day.

hi, how light is yours & how many days?? is it like spotting kind? mine is slightly heavier than spotting kind, about 10% -20% of the pad for whole day.

this is normal as your doctor has done a clean job on the walls. Your next period should resume normal flow. Dont worry. Focus on rebuilding your body’s strength for now.

Did u go back for a review after your d&c for ultrasound to check on your uterus?

this is normal as your doctor has done a clean job on the walls. Your next period should resume normal flow. Dont worry. Focus on rebuilding your body’s strength for now.

Did u go back for a review after your d&c for ultrasound to check on your uterus?

Yes i go back for ultrasound 2 weeks after the D&C.. & ultrasound shows everything is fine.

yeah mine was really very little until i got a scare, i also contemplating that time whether to check with gynae. Then i decided to give myself one more cycle & indeed this time round it was normal flow already.

yeah mine was really very little until i got a scare, i also contemplating that time whether to check with gynae. Then i decided to give myself one more cycle & indeed this time round it was normal flow already.
hihi r u trying another round? via ivf? or natural?

pls advise.
Yes slightly less than usually but still quite a good amount. TCM said must monitor is it doesn’t go back to normal within few cycles you might wanna check with gynar

Just did my second d&c in 6mths. For the second mc, I tried taking the pill orally ( failed) and subsequently inserting ( also failed) , so ended up in d&c again. I did ask doc to see if I can go to the recurrent mc clinic, but he said as I have a healthy birth ( my #1), they might not accept me. The problem is I’m approaching 40 soon, I so scare of trying the next time.

Hi,

hope to get some opinions from ladies here.
i have 3 recurrent miscarriages & went to prof choolani after the 3rd miscarriage, he called for a series of blood test & all came back normal.
my third baby was tested & it was turner syndrome, however for the 1st & 2nd i did not test.
Private doctor did mentioned before that IVF WITH PGS might help in my situation. However prof choolani said that because i have only tested one baby, doesnt meant the other 2 have chromosomes abnormalities, and ivf with pgs can be quite stressful & high cost with not 100% guaranteed success. Both me and hubby had went for karyotyping test too & both of us have complete set of chromosomes.
I really just want to minimise every single risk of another miscarriage , the thought of not staying pregnant really scares me & stop me from trying

If you were in my shoe, will you go ahead is ivf+pgs or just continue trying ?

Thanks ladies.

Hi,

i have 3 recurrent miscarriages & went to prof choolani after the 3rd miscarriage, he called for a series of blood test & all came back normal.
my third baby was tested & it was turner syndrome, however for the 1st & 2nd i did not test.
Private doctor did mentioned before that IVF WITH PGS might help in my situation. However prof choolani said that because i have only tested one baby, doesnt meant the other 2 have chromosomes abnormalities, and ivf with pgs can be quite stressful & high cost with not 100% guaranteed success. Both me and hubby had went for karyotyping test too & both of us have complete set of chromosomes.
I really just want to minimise every single risk of another miscarriage , the thought of not staying pregnant really scares me & stop me from trying

Thanks ladies.
Hi I had one miscarriage before and now doing ivf cycle, I don’t qualify for the pgs test yet even though I want, cos the criteria is above 35 and have failed one round of ivf I think.

Hi I had one miscarriage before and now doing ivf cycle, I don’t qualify for the pgs test yet even though I want, cos the criteria is above 35 and have failed one round of ivf I think.

I see, hope you succeed in this ivf cycle!
i had 3 miscarriages already therefore the doctor say im eligible for it, just wondering if i should still continue to try or just go straight to ivf + pgs , very tough & stressful choice

i had 3 miscarriages already therefore the doctor say im eligible for it, just wondering if i should still continue to try or just go straight to ivf + pgs , very tough & stressful choice
I would think if it’s me I’ll go ivf+pgs, but it also depends on the schedule. On KKh they say the pgs queue is till nov now. So see if u wanna wait or not.

I had some doubts on PGS or PGT-A after reading this article:

Do share your thoughts?

Hi there everyone

been feeling so down.. this is my first time pregnant had an ultrasound 5+ weeks due to some cramping and spotting. GS seen 2-3mm.

Fast forward now had ultrasound done 6w4d still no yolk sac seen, GS 7.3mm. 7w1d also no yolk sac seen, GS is about 8.1mm only. HCG only increased about 30% over about 2 days or slightly less - at 5,700 - 7,700 . Doc say likely blighted ovum but have to do another scan at 8 weeks. i know my dates are correct cause did a trigger shot.

anyone had the same experience before? :(

Hi there everyone

been feeling so down.. this is my first time pregnant had an ultrasound 5+ weeks due to some cramping and spotting. GS seen 2-3mm.

Fast forward now had ultrasound done 6w4d still no yolk sac seen, GS 7.3mm. 7w1d also no yolk sac seen, GS is about 8.1mm only. HCG only increased about 30% over about 2 days or slightly less - at 5,700 - 7,700 . Doc say likely blighted ovum but have to do another scan at 8 weeks. i know my dates are correct cause did a trigger shot.

anyone had the same experience before? :(
Hello babe
Hugs, I had similar experience as you, at week 6 I went for my first gynae checks and realised my gestational sac is very small at week 4+ no York or fetus, then doc ask me to do hcg testing over the week (2 times) and only rise abit, did a second scan in the same week and gestational sac didn’t grow much and is not fully circular so doc diagnose as blighted ovum. After 1-2 weeks of waiting I miscarriaged :(

Hello babe
Hugs, I had similar experience as you, at week 6 I went for my first gynae checks and realised my gestational sac is very small at week 4+ no York or fetus, then doc ask me to do hcg testing over the week (2 times) and only rise abit, did a second scan in the same week and gestational sac didn’t grow much and is not fully circular so doc diagnose as blighted ovum. After 1-2 weeks of waiting I miscarriaged :(

thanks twinkle - terrible that anyone has to experience it. Started spotting today but seems no pain yet

sharing my experience here to mummies with similar situation since i benefited last time reading this thread. I had 2 miscarriages within a year, 1 at 6w and the other at 10w. I had nothing tested for the first miscarriage as doc thinks its a random case, and the 2nd miscarriage was a T21 baby that died during our 11w scan. After the 2 miscarriages, I stopped trying and worked to build my health. We also went for several tests, hubby tested for sperm quality, we both tested for chromosomes issue, I also went for full blood test. We went through polyclinic referral and i think it cost about $2.5k all-in with some tests subsidised and some not. Anyway after 6 months of testing due to repeated blood test done, I was found out to have APS which is sticky blood syndrome. But this should not have affected my fertility, so we were told to try again. However we did not try again as we were too heartbroken from the 2 miscarriages and I felt that our body is not ready. I also read a book called ‘It starts with a Egg’, and read multiple non-local forums talking about supplements such as ubiquinol, omega-3 etc to support the egg and sperm health. Thus, based on the book’s recommendation, we started taking supplements for 3 months before trying again. Shortly after, I got pregnant. I have APS so i needed to jab a blood thinner medicine Clexane every day until 6w post delivery. Thats about 300 jabs for a baby but worth it when i see my DS now. Just found out I’m pregnant again, and hopefully this will encourage those who are in the same shoes as I found hope reading previous stories as well. Jiayou all!! :)

sharing my experience here to mummies with similar situation since i benefited last time reading this thread. I had 2 miscarriages within a year, 1 at 6w and the other at 10w. I had nothing tested for the first miscarriage as doc thinks its a random case, and the 2nd miscarriage was a T21 baby that died during our 11w scan. After the 2 miscarriages, I stopped trying and worked to build my health. We also went for several tests, hubby tested for sperm quality, we both tested for chromosomes issue, I also went for full blood test. We went through polyclinic referral and i think it cost about $2.5k all-in with some tests subsidised and some not. Anyway after 6 months of testing due to repeated blood test done, I was found out to have APS which is sticky blood syndrome. But this should not have affected my fertility, so we were told to try again. However we did not try again as we were too heartbroken from the 2 miscarriages and I felt that our body is not ready. I also read a book called ‘It starts with a Egg’, and read multiple non-local forums talking about supplements such as ubiquinol, omega-3 etc to support the egg and sperm health. Thus, based on the book’s recommendation, we started taking supplements for 3 months before trying again. Shortly after, I got pregnant. I have APS so i needed to jab a blood thinner medicine Clexane every day until 6w post delivery. Thats about 300 jabs for a baby but worth it when i see my DS now. Just found out I’m pregnant again, and hopefully this will encourage those who are in the same shoes as I found hope reading previous stories as well. Jiayou all!! :)

Hi there! Thanks a lot for sharing your experience! Can ask what are the supplements that your hubby is taking and if there were any issues with his sperm during the checks please?

Hi there! Thanks a lot for sharing your experience! Can ask what are the supplements that your hubby is taking and if there were any issues with his sperm during the checks please?

His sperms result was considered normal.. There are alot of factors, some of his sperm shape is abnormal but because his has high volume of sperm count, they considered it as normal fertility. On the supplements, followed the book, would prefer not to give any recommendations here. You may read the book and decide whether to follow or not..

Hi,

Thanks ladies.
Hi! Sorry to heard tt. Did you proceed for the ivf+pgs? Anyone can recommend me any gynae that is gd in handling RPL cases?

Hi! Sorry to heard tt. Did you proceed for the ivf+pgs? Anyone can recommend me any gynae that is gd in handling RPL cases?

Hello!

Currently NUH CHR is under renovation & i called them up just last week, they say the reopening in november might be delayed due to Heightened alert.
I have booked an appt with Prof PC wong in september to see what he says about ivf + PGS for my case. To be honest, im not sure who is a good gynae , i have been to 6 different gynae and nobody can give me a conclusion & no answer to my RPL. My blood test was all normal & hubby blood & sperm analysis are also normal. Im also still quite young, so to me the RPL is really rare but we just couldn’t find out what is wrong. So, prof choolani did tell me i might just have to bite the bullet and keep trying.
if you want a very detailed blood test, prof choolani from NUH calls for alot of potential RPL blood test check but that will cost over a thousand dollars.
If there is any immune disorder or etc, he works very closely with Dr Sheila Vasoo (Private clinic) to see how they can help you in your next pregnancy.
Hope this helps!

Hello!

Currently NUH CHR is under renovation & i called them up just last week, they say the reopening in november might be delayed due to Heightened alert.
I have booked an appt with Prof PC wong in september to see what he says about ivf + PGS for my case. To be honest, im not sure who is a good gynae , i have been to 6 different gynae and nobody can give me a conclusion & no answer to my RPL. My blood test was all normal & hubby blood & sperm analysis are also normal. Im also still quite young, so to me the RPL is really rare but we just couldn’t find out what is wrong. So, prof choolani did tell me i might just have to bite the bullet and keep trying.
if you want a very detailed blood test, prof choolani from NUH calls for alot of potential RPL blood test check but that will cost over a thousand dollars.
If there is any immune disorder or etc, he works very closely with Dr Sheila Vasoo (Private clinic) to see how they can help you in your next pregnancy.
Hope this helps!
Hi!
I went for the RPL blood tests at NUH on Apr 21. The result shows 2 cells got triple x chromosome and high ANA. I went to see the genetic counsultation dr, her diagnose is due to aging. It is quite common cases for women over 35 yr old. As for ANA, no medicine to cure me.

My next plan is to go for ivf + pgt. I have called KKH IVF this morning and waiting time for ivf +pgt is mar/apr 22. For SGH is Dec 21.

I decide to book appt with Dr Tan HH to seek for 2nd option on Aug 21 to cut short the waiting time for ivf + pgt. Hopefully he can find whether i have other underlying issues other than my chromosome and ANA. The pgt is not a cheap procedure.

Can i also ask you what type of tests you check for your 3rd baby's fetual tissue to know it is turner syndrome?

Now, I am afraid to natural conceiving, early miscarriage at less than 8 weeks and then D&C.

Hope that Dr Tan HH will cure me to have my rainbow baby.

Hi!
I went for the RPL blood tests at NUH on Apr 21. The result shows 2 cells got triple x chromosome and high ANA. I went to see the genetic counsultation dr, her diagnose is due to aging. It is quite common cases for women over 35 yr old. As for ANA, no medicine to cure me.

My next plan is to go for ivf + pgt. I have called KKH IVF this morning and waiting time for ivf +pgt is mar/apr 22. For SGH is Dec 21.

I decide to book appt with Dr Tan HH to seek for 2nd option on Aug 21 to cut short the waiting time for ivf + pgt. Hopefully he can find whether i have other underlying issues other than my chromosome and ANA. The pgt is not a cheap procedure.

Can i also ask you what type of tests you check for your 3rd baby's fetual tissue to know it is turner syndrome?

Now, I am afraid to natural conceiving, early miscarriage at less than 8 weeks and then D&C.

Hope that Dr Tan HH will cure me to have my rainbow baby.

Hi,

i went for D&C for my third one & told them i want to send baby for histology to see what went wrong.
they tested it and came back to us as turner syndrome , in a way it gave us a closure too.

Hi,

i went for D&C for my third one & told them i want to send baby for histology to see what went wrong.
they tested it and came back to us as turner syndrome , in a way it gave us a closure too.
Noted with thanks.

I shared with my families and close friends on the my 1st and 2nd miscarriages. Now I don't share with them on the subsequent as I know that they are worried about me. Thanks for listening to my stories. I feel better now. Let's keep in touch and update our progress for our rainbow bb.

Hello may I know if you are also taking aspirin and Hydroxychloroquine daily? I had multiple miscarriage and after blood test found that I have APS. And doc is prescribing me daily aspirin and hydroxychloroquine.

Hello may I know if you are also taking aspirin and Hydroxychloroquine daily? I had multiple miscarriage and after blood test found that I have APS. And doc is prescribing me daily aspirin and hydroxychloroquine.

Hi, im taking clexane and aspirin. Never heard of Hydroxychloroquine.

Hi all I have a second miscarriage all in this year. Sigh. First one was blighted ovum, nothing found in sac. The second one at week 6 got an irregular sac and weak heartbeat at 90 per min. Now having cramps and bleeding. So pain. Should I do any further testing?

Hi there , just want to know if your rheumatologist recommend any treatment plan for your APS

Back