Premature babies support group

kat
so far i nvr come across the dress for premie yet. unless u made yrself.
my bb wore dress which was made by Sis Tay from MAH during her stay in hosp nia.

Kat,

Congrats.

Think Mothercare at Harbourfront is the biggest store. To be safe, call them before u go down. Mothercare at KKH do sell premmies's cloth, you can take a look.

kat,
sry no website. She is a nurse manager at mt alvernia. she did alot of nice simple dresses for bb staying in NICU only. & oli wore at hosp nia .

kat,

no worries, baby can grow very fast before u even notice.. haa. every soon she will be able to wear nice pretty dresses..

kat..

ya.. soon she will have so many clothing that u dunno how and where to keep them.. haaa. for me, i keep in the luggage.. haaa..

rhyea,
my bb also got myshield (hospitalization insurance) foc cos both adult must buy so that kids enjoy FOC.this early Jan, we applied again, but his life insurance still in processing. we paid the $$ and the financial planner said can backdated the insurance date once it got approved. now insurance co getting medical records fr hospital (think will need 4-6 wks to do tat).

Hi all/Maple,

My girls are both in SCN now. In fact, my bigger twin is discharging today and i will be picking her up from KK later...so very anxious and excited..she is finally coming back home after almost 1.5 months!!

Doc told me yesterday my bigger twin has stage 2 ROP on right eye and stage 1 on the left eye. Last week, she only has stage 1 ROP on right eye...so her ROP is advancing
sad.gif
. Should i be worried?? (Doc said he not trained on eyes so cannot explain to me confidently and asked me to check with the eye doctor as outpatient on my next visit). Do i need to pay any special attention when i bring her back home? for eg - avoiding bright lights etc??

bought Janae wif my husband 4 her jaundice check @ polyclinic 2day..finally her jaundice lv has dropped till 99.No more painful blood test 4 her..am so glad..heehee

kat,
i enjoy smelling my baby when she still a baby.. now she crawl around and sweat easily.. smell sour liao.. haa..

virgoaries,
my yilin also from ROP stage 1 to stage 2. but later ok by itself.. think avoid direct light shine in the eyes ba.

Hi Maple,
You do not allow PM. i wanted to ask you if i could interview you for an article i am writing for a parenting magazine, to share your experience. i think it will benefit other mummies who may not take part actively in forums, and who feel alone when they experience problems in their pregnancies.

My article is on Caring for Your Premature Baby. I myself have a premature baby, born 33 weeks at 1.35kg (Very Low Birth Weight) due to Intra-Uterine Growth Restriction - she did not grow well in the womb. I also suffered from preeclampsia in my final weeks before giving birth, and my blood pressure was so high i was forced to stay in hospital for 8 days! my baby was also in NICU for 1 whole month.

i was very depressed and sad but not knowing any friends with similar problems or where to seek help or support, i felt all alone. i eventually wrote an article about my ordeal and a magazine has picked it up and will be publishing it in Feb, hence i can't use it again.

If there are any mummies out there with premature babies who are willing to share your experience, pls PM me. i'm sure we can help other moms-to-be who may suffer from similar problems, or at least warn moms-to-be that pregnancy isn't always smooth-sailing but there is always help and advice available. :)

bess..

heehee..i simply can't resist e temptation of smellin n kissin her lor.Tryin 2 put her 2 slp now =( like its takin 4eva..i almost slpin but her eyes still super big.Hav facebk??

Hi hi,

It's been some time since I last posted, and I see some new mummies here. Glad that u have found our thread! Pray that all babies will be well and enjoy the coming CNY!

BTW, do find our FB Group and join us there too, search for "Singapore Premmies" and add us!

Hi All,

So long nvr post liao, dunno where to start sharing about Jerlynn...recently I got really lazy, lazy to even sit by the PC for too long, and end up only play some FB games and post some pics...Lazy even to bring her for her Rehab follow-up and her Pneummococal Jab which is due...Bad Mummy!

I was looking at her when she was taking a nap one day, and realised that she has grown soooo much...*tears rolling down cheeks* I used to keep saying her legs are soooo short, but then that one day, I think she has long legs...hahaha...dunno why so emo...
Think cos I will be ready to get back to work soon, and gonna miss my SAHM life with her liao....
sad.gif

CNY coming... enjoy CNY and will start looking out for jobs...anyone has Kangtao for me, PM me wor...keke

This is Jerlynn's "1st CNY"...last CNY she was still in SCU, no chance to doll her up...This year, all of us compensated her with lots shoes and clothes...she can wear til the 15th loh! Hahahahaha
Now I'm the one sianzzz, cos "Black" is my colour and I can't wear on CNY...thus I realli can't find any suitable clothes to buy for myself to hide my super fat figure...
sad.gif

<font color="0077aa">Re: Premmie Clothings</font>

New mummies, dun buy too many pieces wor, cos our little fighters really grow damn fast, and very soon will not be able to feed...
U can try buying Tie-string Kimonos which might last longer...

<font color="0077aa">afcai,</font>

I'm started feeding Jerlynn Chwee Kueh too! I gave her to try recently, cos I rembr u said HX loves it..and she loves it too...but she only eats one piece for Breakfast...

david, always forget to update u... my colleague's relative has asked the doc if her bb has malrotation but doc said no.. now the bb has stablised, back at home with a tube to put on wgt untl they run further tests...

tree ice, craydon 11kg at 27mths is good! my gal is 11kg at 36months!

virgoaries, congrats on the birth of ur princesses! maybe u can check on the medishield which is now 'auto issued' for newborns? better than nothing (no insurance).

xbliss, u hit 3digit when u r preggy? i cannot imagine u being 3 digit!!! good to go for gym. i rem i conceived kate after i went for my aerobics class (maybe it build up my health)...

rhyea, good that u managed to get some insurance

lilac, what is Dr A's explanation for waking him up for feed at night?

katherine, congrats! 2kg is a good wgt!

kaylas mommy, just a suggestion. perhaps u can also do a brief summary of the different scenarios (we have so many examples here) so that the readers will know that premmies are not so rare (u will eb surpirsed on how many pp have never known of any premmie in their life and thinks its very rare)

gingal, wah..jerlynn have so many pretty clothes liao u still get her > 15 new ones for CNY? lucky gal hahahaa

<font color="aa00aa">gingal</font>,
nice to hear fr u. yup, there are lot of new mummies here.

yup, time flies....our premiee has grown... hmmm J still has rehab?? who is looking after J when u work?

re:Chwee Kueh
haa..HX dunno eat this for months...but he enjoyed it every morning (except sat off Chwee Kueh day). now, he ate 2 of them in the morning, 2 scoop of cereal with 2 sco0p of milk and a small piece of bread after his morning 150ml milk half an hr later. if he is full, he will not ask for more. if not, he will make noise in his walker.

we will buy 12 Chwee Kueh from a stall (no chai po and oil) so can last him 5-6 days. my mum will take it out and pour boil water over it for a while b4 let him consume.

re:clothes
wow...model for J?

<font color="0000ff">bloom</font>,
tx weight also at 12kg. up and down ard 11-13kg.

<font color="119911">kaylas mommy</font>,
maybe u can join the preemie fb cos most infos on the reason why we have premiee is there.

Hi Yan and everyone,

I hav popped!! hahahaa.. Last fri which was my 38wk+ and bb dexter was born in the morning via elective C sec..
happy.gif

Sgal,
Thanks~~ I delivered my bb at TMC
happy.gif
My 1st was a premature born 34wker 1.5kg at KKH.

Yan,
Thankss.. His weight is 2.94kg, but didnt discharge with me cos he got jaundice.. But good thing is he discharge the next day.. :p

And no leh, didn't get chance to buy and eat.. hahahaa.. good also la.. can go on diet.. :p

Tree_Ice,
Congrats on your delivery of your bb boy.
happy.gif

Kaylas_mom,
I am pleased to share my experience. Have replied your PM.

<font color="119911">Tree_Ice</font>,
congrats to yr NB. at least, u pass the safe line...enjoy yr 'cl' and journey to bf...

Hi Bloom,
Ya i actually want to present different real-life scenarios too but that will depend on how many mommies can share their different stories... :)
So far i have 2, Jasmine and Maple. :)

Hi Afcai,
Thanks for the heads-up. Just joined the FB group! am so sad to see there are so many mommies suffering.. so many babies born premature and spending so many weeks in hospital. but its really good to have a support group and know that we are not alone in this.

Hi Mummies,

Long time did not posted. Danya went for her post surgery follow up yesterday. We suffer another set back.

Her first emergency scar did not heal well. There is a opening in her hernia underneath her first scar.

We just have to monitor for the time being. She will need to go through another surgery to repair the opening.

I am seriously asking God, how may more challenges does he want us to face. I am feeling so miserable and frustrated. How much more pain Danya has to go through at such a tender age.
sad.gif

David, I am so sorry to hear about Danya's situation. I really pray that she will overcome all these issues really soon. Continue to look to the Lord for His grace and strenght.

<font color="0077aa">Bloom</font>

No la, not I bought all the clothes la, some are bought from her God-ma, Grandma etc...
Me not spending alot this CNY, minimise spending, abit "Boh Lui" liao... haha... even my own clothes also headache now...

<font color="0077aa">Sgal, katherine</font>

Sorrie I read this thread late again, but I think I saw u gals in the FB Group liao...keke... Paiseh Paiseh for my slow response...

<font color="0077aa">afcai</font>

Yup, she still need to go rehab session, not discharge yet...

If I start work, I think my mum and my MIL will take turn look after, maybe split 3 days each...I also dunno how to arrange yet, cannot bias, cos both also wanna look after!
sad.gif

Chwee Kueh, Jerlynn still not used to it... so only can managed one piece... it will be 200ml milk, then 1 hour later Chwee Kueh or one big piece bread, and then 1-1.5 hour later 200ml milk...
She is still like a Baby leh..can drink abt 5 times 200 mls milk a day... I think one-year old should cut down abit on milk liao right? maybe wait til she CA 1 year bah..maybe she will not drink so much...hahaha
but she can still eat 2 full rice bowls of porridge a day, despite the milk, and she still has not put on weight for a long time... dunno wat's wrong...she has stayed stagnant at 8.7kg for i think about 1.5 month liao...
sad.gif

<font color="0077aa">Tree_Ice</font>

Salute to u also... can ask Dexter "dong" til 38+weeks...keke

<font color="0077aa">David</font>

Don't let this make u feel down... Be there strong for her..I'm sure u will overcome all these soon...will pray for Danya!

David,
you have to be strong and continue to pray for your little girl. she is a fighter and so are you-don't give up! be strong for her and your wife, and put your trust in God that all will eventually be well.

Hi Mommies and Daddies,
Just wondering whether your preemie baby had any complications after discharge from NICU?

My baby was diagnosed with SD (hole-in-the-heart)...does anyone have any experience in this?

Hi Kaylas,

Danya has 1. Her cardiac check up is due in Feb. The last screening, she has a 2.9mm holes. Doc say that it will be close when our warrior start growing up.

hole in heart is almost prevalent for all premies. will heal with time most cases, some require surgery. For my boy's case, his already closed on its own by the time he was discharged by kkh. don't think it will be anything serious cos he can still run and run and run.... but i will take precaution once he goes for strenuous activities like swimming.

David,
sorry to hear about the set back... but i would like to let u know that the day will come when danya will overcome all her difficulties. She has already braved big storms, what's left is no feat for her.. take heart. hernia surgery , though minor, is still a surgery. I can understand what is going on for u cos my boy had to go thru that too. We are all here for danya and ur family
happy.gif

bloom,
tks for the greetings. yes, i am still there. hehe. i din hit 3 figure during preg.. tk goodness. else i think i will go into depression. hahaha. now trying hard to lose some wt before i ttc. wat to do.. i like children leh!!!! and i have so many idols here... kkf, tree_ice, fairylander... heheheh..

Hi Mummies,

The Hernia opening is not that worrying. I am worry about intestine binding. Intestine tends to bind easily with other parts of body. The worst case thing could happen is another twisted intestines.

To make situation more challenging, Danya is throwing out mucus almost after every feed. Already went to PD for 2 time and PD still believe is reflux. Her weight gain is poor despite seeing the dietitian.

All these challenging situation just not helping.

kayla,

Yes, Jerlynn was discharged with hole in the heart (PDA not closed), bleeding in the brain, anemia... The first 2 was healed eventually by its own.

David,

I assume the PD u went back to is KKH's neonat? They have a very strong team there and high chance is as what the neonat says 'it's reflux'... Don't make urself worry too much ok?

Dietitian won't be of much help but worry u on her weight gain now, with their analysis on growth chart and feeding amounts etc... So I feel don't need to take their words too seriously, just hear from the doctor...

Danya is still gaining weight right? Even if it's a teeny weeny bit each day? As long as she is not losing her weight, I think gotta wait for her reflux prob to get better before she can gain more...

We hope to see the optimistic David back soon, and hear good news of Danya... Will pray for Danya, in the meantime, let God do his work and have Faith in him...

Take Care

Hi, everyone!

It's been a long long time since I last posted. First of all, Welcome all the new mummies, hope you can find all the support here!

David

Like you, during those time back, I always asked God how many challenges he wanted us to face. As time went by, I have learnt to entrust everything in life to God. He will heal us, and so does our babies. The outcome may be different for everyone, but please have faith. I know whatever I said may not help much, but please continue to be strong for Danya and Diana, and remember you have a group of mummies' support here. If you do need any help, please do let us know!!!! Will continue to keep your family in prayers!

Some updates for Xavier.
He just celebrated his 1 year birthday (8 and half mths CA) last weekend. Went to follow up check last wed, and doctor is reassured that his lungs is getting better and we are ready for COld cold Shanghai. wow, at last! Doc gave Xavier H1N1 vaccine (half dose), I was really hesitant about it, knowing all the horror stories, but seems like his doctor was really persistent. So at the end, i gave in ...since doc mentioned it's crucial if we are going back to Shanghai in march while it's still the flu season. Well, was scared the whole dayyyyy...but at end, Xavier had a very slight fever only (37.5) and it subsided very fast. I am so proud of my little boy, who once got hospilised due to vaccination, he is now so grown up and stronger!
happy.gif

Yet, there are still things to worry (that's normal being parents? non-stop worrying!). He didnt gain much weight for a long time....ever since he started solids! hmmm..i thought after he started solids, he would actually gain more weight, but it's the opposite. Sianz. He lost interest in milk! Now one day if he could take more than 300ml, i will be happy liaoo.. Last time his normal intake was 900ml when he was on full BM, now even if i give him milk without solids, he doesnt drink much. Weird thing is he never seemed to be hungry, never cried for milk. Give him milk, he is unwilling to suck, sometimes need to spoonfeed him, sigh..took an hour to finish 130ml just now
sad.gif

He is 7.3kg for sometimes already, 68.5cm..Still lower than 3rd percentile. Well, guess cant think too much abt weight, as long as he is eating.. I am still breastfeeding, but my old stocks are going to finish soon, 3 more days and we are done. Got to start mix feeding !! A bit relieved actually, now I only pump 2 times a day, more relaxed.

As mentioned, I will be going back to Shanghai in March. My hubby is coming over for CNY, after 4 months of not seeing him, finally he is coming
happy.gif
haha..i am very excited !!

Any chance to have a gathering again before i go?

I feel like crying after reading David's post. It must be really tough on Diana and yourself. I don't know what comforting words I can say but asking you to press on. I trust in Him that He will see the family through all these obstacles one by one.

Back