Premature babies support group

Hi Sam,

If they discharge at 38weeks, the CA will start from that day. During the first appointment, the Doc will evaluate our warriors and they will give another CA. This is done so in order for our warriors to catch up or even some early intervention if require.

kkf,
wow, your gal has very good weight for a 34 weeker! my son only weighs 1.945kg when born. he stayed for abt 2 weeks in nicu. today just discharged from hospital. am so happy. he'd just pass 2kg, currently on total expressed bm, but he still needs to put on more weight....was wondering whether i should give him some FM to boost his weight more?!

Hi David,

Oh icic.. Thanks so much for the clarification.

Hehe was wondering how we need to know when they start to be on semi solids and stuff like that..

Mummies who are using the angelcare monitor, can i ask if it is really necessary and will the bbs desat at home?

Does it mean need to have someone 24 hr standby to look at baby?

Hi Sam,

Angelcare monitor is to monitor for Apnea and also movement of baby when they are awake (Duo function).

We try to prevent SIDS due to suffocation.

If baby desat when they are awake, mostly during feeding, try to burp them. If that still don't work, inflict some pain to them, this will trigger them to cry and they will start breathing again.

I think SGH will conduct a CRP course when your warriors are about to go home.

Hi Sam,

for me, its more like an assurance. Cause we are so used to the machines.

The nurses did tell us that once in a blue moon, the babies will desat for a while, but they will start to breathe on their own again.

But i noticed that the angelcare machine is very sensitive. If you blow the fan directly at the baby cot, it will actually detect the wind movement and not sound the alarm.

So in a way, its not 100% fullproof. My 3 cents worth

hui, its because i had premature labor histories, so i ate n ate a lot during my pregnancy, especially durians, so my gal is born big, even the midwives were rather surprised, they tot will be a small baby.

Formula will sure make a baby fat, but breastmilk is def the best. I dun have supply so I stop...but if u can provide sufficient breastmilk, its good.

Sam, i used angelcare monitor for my son too, feel that it eases our mind...my boy when home is ok leh, doesn't have any desat issue...my mum always said once babies home, just treat them like normal babies...

and yah like wat david said, kkh did teach us CPR and how to handle our babies. Dunno about SGH.

david, who is going to help diana with danya when u r outstation?

kkf..am not going to read that blog..my heart cannot take kiddo sad stories nowadays..
sad.gif
too emotional... some pp said after shaving the hair will grow back thicker and faster..so u might wan to try.. (for violet)

costa... ahahah.. sama lah..some cheap ones got vacancy..but i look at the condition i also abit scared :p .. my MIL pass away a few weeks ago.. so i cannot go back to niang jie for 3 x 7 = 21 days..ahah... no home cooked food for 3 weeks! :p

afcai, yes i did make appt for polyclinic jabs... thats why no queue bah..but once i was redirected to normal patient queue (cos of kate's eczema) and even the doc tell me tried to let me jump queue once he noticed me outside.. (but by then no one else left already lah hahaha) is hx chubbier than tx when she was young... canot rem how she look like last time... i think ntuc soemtimes take ur word for it..for my gal's case, the FA just ask if any outstanding issues, then she take my word for it.. but of course (touch wood) if next time wana claim and they found out that there is discrepancy in the declaration then they can void the whole policy..so dont play play... agreed with david taht food should start based on corrected age..so HX should start solids at 6 months + (at least) 7 weeks (since 30 + 7 = full term).. giving early supposedly might have risk of allergies...

welcome hui!
happy.gif

sam, congrats on ur boys hitting 1kg!!!!

daec, i wish i know that pis is the more suitable for premmie mommies last time..i got mastitsis right from the beginning... i was pumping using avent manual ...1 hr each time.!

gingal..ahaha... my gal also look like boy when young leh (self consolation) ahahhaah

andrina gina... 3rd kid..wow... how r ur no 1 and no 2...?

grace lim.. if the massage oil is not expiring soon..u can try to massage maddy again in a few weeks/months time... when they are older they will be more receptive...now my 2 yo demand an mo everynight...

bloom, sorry to hear abt the demise of your mil...

graciefaith,
hi, wanted to ask you this but din hv chance to....u had yr ger at tmc right?do you follow up vy closely with tmc for maddy's post discharge check ups etc?

hui,
personally, i don't agree tat FM makes bb bigger. but cos breastmilk can b digested easier, bb needs more feed. like wat all say, breastmilk is the best..

Hi Bloom,

My mum and my MIL are helping out when I am not around. My mum is moving in with us and my MIL home is only 1 train station away. Many volunteers. He He.

hello kkf and bloom,

my 3rd kid is a 33 weeker...I was diagnosed with HELLP syndrome in which my kidney, liver, lungs stopped functioning and also my red blood cells are breaking down.

bb had serious intra uterine growth restriction therefore when he was born was just 1.6kg...

before i was pushed into OT, i had to be injected with pure magnesium sulphate... and it really really burned my insides!!!!!!!

anyway, when bb was born, he was in NICU for 22 days... so far so gd, birthweight has doubled in just 3 weeks and am really hungry for more growth in his weight... main thing now is waiting for his testicles to drop into the scrotum cos its still in his abdomen... if it still doesn't drop by 1yo, then will have to do surgery.

HUI:
as playtex is not a ziplock milkbag, what i do is buy twist tie from popular. A bag of 300 ties will cost only around 2.00++ v worth it and can really secure the bag well. if u want, can help u to buy and pass to u.

bloom
manual pump ? 1h each side ? siong! thk shld have basics course on pumping and BF for new mums. ESP premmie mums. it wld really help! this time I made it a point to go to Thomson Parentcraft to check my latching - just in case la

andrina gina
HELLP sounds scary. how r u now ? hope ur baby does ok and no need that surgery. all e best.

sam
all the best! is the pump heavy duty enuff ? dun pump too long in 1 session. consistency is more impt. talk to LC is best. yup agree stress affects and not enuff fluids. also try those foods that encourage more bm. oats help too...
dun stress abt it, ok, just do ur best - that is great already. its hard to pump pump give milk to baby

hello dayc...
thanks for the blessings!! Am also praying hard too..

As for HELLP, i din realize how scary and dangerous until i was admitted and after delivery, was in WICU (KK)for a few days and needed blood and platelet transfusion... also my bp went up to 192/110. dr thia fm kk told me that it only happens in caucasian or eurasians... dun know y i so heng also got this disease...

WOW adrina u have 3 kids? how many boys and gals?
admire! not easy with 3 kids. me with 2 already here pain there pain here weak there weak. In fact I just went to see chinese physician cause can't stand my whole body.

Bloom indeed ur gal has grown very pretty mah...hmm...so good chance that violet will be a da mei ren in future...haha.

Dm, agree, some breastfeed babies also fat fat, bec their mummies have lots of nutrients i think...

xbliss, automatic sarong helps? i am really looking for ways to make ourselves less tired. my girl wants to be carry all the time, and we are just sooooooo tired....

hi kkf... my first 2 are princesses...my no 3 is a boy..

indeed not easy...cos all of them are seeking for my attn in different ways... but no choice hehe cos i love kids... but after this time, dr told me strictly no more kids to be made liao!!! cos the chances of HELLP is 75% and the foetus won't be able to survive... soooooo........

anyway...just breastfeed and u'll lose weight.. hehe personal belief!!

andrina, wow, good, what a good combination! how old are ur no.1 and no.2?

I have 2 boys 1 girl...just that my eldest left us already...

no milk leh...sob...i stopped breastfeeding when my girl is 3 months old.

same same, midwives and gynaes also tell me dun give birth anymore, good enough liao, because of my 3 premature labors history. anyway, me also old liao, body cannot take it liao...

so sorry to hear that!! BUT!!! u still have 2 beautiful kids!!

PRincess Giselle: 4yo
Princess Kaelynn: 3yo
Prince Kendrick: 1mth old (CA)

dun worry abt the milk... did u stimulate the breasts/see LC??? there are actualy pills to take to stimulate milk ss...

btw, u teacher?? i used t be hehe... just left the service.

costa
Maddy's check ups are the same as full term babies. same go to the vacinations. all based on non corrected dates. I 'm actually surprise kkh as so many check ups. ie.. dietian. and so many supplements to take after discharge. We go back to the pd's clinic when due for jabs only..

At TMC, we are told to treat babies like full term babies after they were discharged. So when we thought of getting the monitor home to monitor in case of any desat, we were told no need. 1st week when Maddy came back, super siong..we practically stared at her for 24 hours.. so scared she forgot to breathe.So daddy and mummies, you better sleep more before your little ones come home.. you will love the beauty of sleeping..

bloom
manuel pump?? wah piang!! fingers very cramp.. I tried manuel pump initialy. gave up. ended up every 3 months , i upgraded my pump.. hahaha.. in the end i stick with medela lactina..

graciefaith,
hi, thanks for your prompt replies..kkh is vy vy vigilant on the checkups.....my son has eye checkup, lung, heart, motor skills and a general check up wif the neo nat...hmm..yes, dietician even.......but i gave up on that as i found it doesnt work for my son....

for vaccinations, we follow the normal date of birth....i do it at the paedi outside..if not vy siong to kp gg back to kkh...

and sigh...he even went for a so called IQ test last year when he turned 2 (non corrected)....and got a report based on the results..for my son, the result was he was lacking in finemotor skills, so must finetune this area...(but must stress that tis is oni for babies born below a certain weight and gestation)

think d next test wld be at 5 years of age...thk they juz want to assess the long term repercussions(if any) of preemies

of cse, got babies who were discharged and went back to their own countries and then din follow up liao...

kkf,
i see. then i think i also belong to the premature labour group lor.. my no. 1:35 weeker, no. 2:33 weeker.. i can't imagine how much hospital bill would costs if i have a 3rd one..

bloom,
tks for the welcome. i also like avent manual pump. it suits me better than medela electric.

disneymickey,
i myself also believe breastmilk is best, that's why i bf my no. 1 till he's 2. i stopped coz pregnant. but coz my no. 1 is v underweight, my mum n aunt always advise me to supplement with FM. hiaz.

gks mummy,
u jus quit the service? haha.. i'm also an ex-tr, but quited straight aft my bond, close to 10 yrs ago le. tks for offering to help buy the twist tie. if it can be purchased from popular, then i can ask my hubby to go buy, but thing is, i dunno how it looks like? is it just a small wire-like which we sometimes use to secure/wrap children's kids party pack?

Hi kkf, tigger, David,

Yes its compulsory in SGH for parents to atttend the CPR course before babies go home.

I was only wondering if its necessary to get the angelcare monitor. Yes i too feel that i rely on the monitors at the hospital too much now.

Hi bloom

Thanks my boys already hit 1kg, Mattias is 1290g, Josiah is 1055 (Lost weight these few days and off the ventilator today finally), Jeriel is 1140g.

Hi dayc,

My ebm now is slightly more, better than nothing .. at least there is an increase of 10-20ml increase. If 8 pumps a day, thats 80-160ml. It means a lot to me.

kkf, the sarong is my life saver.. from 2nd month corrected, bryan refused to sleep at night. We had to carry him on our chest til we both fall asleep. But he will wake every now and then to cry!!!! want my life!!! in the end, when the sarong came, he slept almost all the way!!! nap time also just put in sarong then he can sleep like 1-2 hours.....phew... think we spoilt him by carrying too much when he came home lah..

Hi Andrina,

I know what you have went through. My wife Diana has severe PE with HELLP. I still remember that day, Diana's blood platelet was free falling, throbbing headache start to set it, her left eye start to go blind. That feel of being not in control really strike a strong dark fear in me. When Doc administer the Magnesium Sulfide to Diana, she almost suffocate and stop breathing.

I still remember standing in front of her bed looking at her grasping for air. 1 Doc administer her with MS, 1 Doc try to check the contraction monitor and asking Diana to breathe, 1 Doc yelling at the internship Doc to check for Diana latest blood test report. Ops surgeon is waiting to deliver Danya but they can't do it without the blood platelet report. 4 Doc and 4 nurse, myself, Diana with Danya in 1 delivery suite, it was a mayhem.

I still remember that moment very clearly, standing in front of Diana bed. Feeling helpless, feeling the darkest fear ever. I beg with God to take my life to exchange for Diana & Danya safety.

Thinking back, it still give me that chill and fear of losing my love ones. I guess I will not put Diana life into another risk.

Hi Sam,

Hooray, 3 warriors do your proud. Continue to fight hard and strong. Well, quite norm, off ventilator into CPAP, will lose weight. Once off CPAP, will lose again. Once start bottle feed, will lose weight again. Well, these activities are all exercise to our warriors thus more calories burn and will lose weight. JIA YOU, JIA YOU.

hello hui!!

yeah i just quit service last oct b4 my p6 gers took 1st paper for psle (completed teaching them the whole syllabus and stuff as dr commented that i shld rest more).

currently serving in an uni as curriculum planning officer. actually.... i quit for various reasons but teaching is still my calling and my greatest desire. if only teaching is just teaching and minus all the extras... anyway, which field are u in now? we shld come out for tea one day and chit chat abt d work!!

for the twist tie, yup it is those that pple use to tie the goodie bags kind. just go to the craft section and you'll be able to find it... if really can't find, i'll see how i can pass to u.

hey david!! thanks man!

i think only those who get this HELLP syndrome will understand what is the pain. it was sooo bad that b4 i was admitted, i can't breathe, can't sit,can't stand etc the whole tummy and stomach was in knots.

my whole situation was just like hers.it all happened in a flash and i still remember when my husband read from the bible, the verse that God showed us was Psalms 23... "the Lord is my Shepherd I shall not want", i really cried and was in fear. and i still tot that 3rd kid shld be a smoother pregnancy and delivery. THen when i came out of the OT for the 1st time, i thot everything is ok liao but suddenly, hemmorhage and can't stop. all drs on standby and the had to patch me up w/o waiting for my husband;s approval.

btw, how's diana now?? is she still seeing kkh gynae now? my gynae was actually in Mt E but after this delivery, i am now seeing Dr Thia from Clinic A. will say that he's a really really gd and patient dr. which dr is she seeing?

dun think abt the bad things... its not ur fault that this happened. thru this time, all i know is that our Heavenly Father has no plans to harm us but in all things, He wishes to prosper us. I believe that through it all, He has given u a very cute and lovely Danya. A warrior u are indeed proud of and a lovely wife which has really gone through it all for u. Right?

Hihi Sam,

Congrats!! babies are growing!!! All the way!! Mummy's milk is the best!!!BElieve and u can do it.... keep pumping and keep the faith that the milk ss will continue to grow!

<font color="119911">David</font>,
yup, I knew for full term bb will start after 6mth. I saw ppls already started a few mouthful of cereal when their bb is 4.5mth. ai-yo...stress their immune system and they said last time, our time also like that loh.

me very very the confusing cos polyclinic doc and nurse said dun think of edd date. everything is based on delivery date. but neonatal side even checkup also based on corrected age (edd date one) so scratch head.

re:age
hmm tot using edd date is = to the corrected age loh.

<font color="0077aa">hui</font>,
hmm..never seen u post in dec 06 thread leh.

yup, since u are sahm, latch on him based on demand and supply is gd wor...also hassle free fr washing bottle and sterlisation unless one need to add in supplement. wo, yr bm supply gd wor...3-4hrly pump 120ml. how long do u take to pump per session?

ai-yo...wasted yr ebm wor...why not store?

<font color="119911">Grace</font>,
oic. do neonatal doc give the green light to let Maddy started the solid food?

<font color="0077aa">Lin</font>,
ai-yo. now after 4-5mth then got this kind of 120ml ebm within 10-15mins. my boy also like yr gar when he is 3mth bck. for the first 3mth, he feeds on demand, will feed every 2-2.5hrly if not will give him small amt (30ml) every hr cos he can't take in a lot of milk at one go. now, feeding and burping him shows major improvement if not we.....so cheers, few mths later, yr gar feeding pattern will change again.

re:pump.
wow, 40% discount. that' a lot. if not very ex. Avent ISIS pump so gd - 3 in 1...hmm...so u got 2 set of pump then....dun need to bring to and fro fr office liao loh.

re:bm.
yeah, bm supply sure drop one. so have to maintain it. I also like u....last 3mth, my boy a small drinker can drink less than 100ml. but now, my supply is racing against what he consume. as long as I am at hm, i can meet his supply. I still got 27 frozen ebm and might be clearing them next wk when i started work cos what i pumped in the office not time to bring bck hm loh. hmm...ask yr hubby to help to feed her during the nite?

my boy now 4.5mth (corrected age is 2.5mth) and will be coming to 5mth on 28/6. he is consuming 125ml every 3-3.5hly during daytime. night time cut down to one feed this mth (last time 2 night feed). he more and more like xiao zhu zhu cos more chubby and slp more.

oh, u just beginning only mah...yr supply will build up...like u last time, I also got miserable supply (same now..).

re:storage of bm.
hmm never heard that Fresh breastmilk may be kept in a refrigerator for up to 8 days (acc to inform on website). hmm...tot must clear within 2 days.

re:supplement.
yup, ferrum will cause constipation but tbf bb seldom got constipation one. hmmm is MCT oil smell nice like multi-vitamin.

oh...I did not think of the expiry of the pro vitamin and ferrum wor.
it took my boy 1mth few days to finish the pro vitamin. it's been 2-3mth since i opened the ferrum liao and it still have 3/4 left.

re:drink milk dun slp
dun ON the lights and stay as quiet as u can. that's what we did. if not, bb will be KPO and open eyes big big. I will tell my boy after his burp to slp as it is still dark. so pop hi pacificer and his bean spout pillow and handkerchief, he will take few mins to doze off.

for us, we dun immediately go and attend to bb when they cry. first 3 mth, he will scream but now ok liao. do keep on talking to her telling her to be patient esp while waiting for preparation of milk, tell her it is night time and dark etc...haa think my boy has been programmed our 'chanting' into his mind so he knew when to cry necc.

<font color="119911">precious_one</font>,
any idea what MCT oil is for?

<font color="119911">xbliss</font>,
yup, for my gar (full term bb), we did start on cereal at 5.5mth, porridge at 6mth and introduce one neww food per wk. for my boy (preterm), err...that' why I still pondering how....

oh, that's mean based on corrected age to start solid. oh....the dietician didn't do his/her work properly wor..waste $$. but what reply do the dietician said when u told her that yr boy dun gain weight?

ai=yo, think my boy is a werid one, place him in yao lan, he scared of falling. so will either grab the clothes, the cloth or placed both hand together and dun dare to move.

<font color="0000ff">kkf</font>,
ai-yo, really ^(*&amp;^*&amp; doc. pay and let him 'suan'. shd ban seeing him in future.

oh i see, see violet is quite near to ft bb so shd not be problem of feeding her mah...

ai-yo...u 'dump' violet with in laws...yr in laws can handle her??

hmm...kkh never teach me CPR leh...

<font color="aa00aa">bloom</font>,
yup, seeing doc will have another queue but mine is quite fast leh when i bring HX over cos I wanted to request for child sick leave mah. so need to see doc after jab.

no lah, tx is chubbier than hx. haa..go bck to her blog to see her chubby look loh.

re:insurance.
yup, better to ask them to check throughly if not....

re:solid food.
oic...think better to start in Aug then....dunno have u heard bb allegry to cereal?

<font color="119911">adrina</font>,
yup, understand how scary it is for u. I also got hemmorhage too.sian...woman suffering after birth....hai.

do take care and eat more nutrient food.

Bloom,

Sorrie to hear abt ur MIL...

BTW, how is Kate's ezcema now after visit to the polyclinic's doctor? Jerlynn's ezcema not getting any better, or should I say abit worsen now...spreading to places that has never had it before, like behind her ears and the folds of her arms and neck...
I have already using 2 creams prescribed by the KKH A&amp;E doctor and also the neonat, tried aloe vera and also Avene spring water, but nothing seemed to help...
Is Kate prescribed any creams from the doctor? Me having a big headache, cos everytime everyone sees her rashes they will comment and also give loads of suggestions and I'm tired of trying... Do share with me if any of your methods work ok? Thanks

How old is Kate now? I'm sure she is a pretty girl now...
happy.gif
Hearing what KKF said about Kate, I also "fang Xin" for Jerlynn liao, hahaha, cant wait for her to become "Mei Nu" too!
happy.gif

David,

That's nice to have both sides of Mum helping out Diana with Danya..makes u very 'Fang Xin' when u r outstation...

andrina/kkf and which ever mum who has > 1 kid...

Me got Jerlynn already here buay tahan...want #2 but now abit scared...I have never slept so little in my entire life before...

Hui,

U BF for your #1 til 2yo? I really cant imagine myself doing so...my aim is 1 year at most now, halfway through it liao, hope I can reach my aim...
My cousin was just telling me she BF her #3 til she was 4yo...Faintz!!! She really like wanting to fully utilise her God's Gift as it might be her last chance at BFing liao...I wonder how saggy the Breasts must have got...now mine already very very saggy...
sad.gif

Hmmmm so many teachers here...very funni I also got to know another lady who is a teacher when our babies were at SCN, then my friend who is a teacher also having some pregnancy complications now...Could the complications be due to stress also? Cos I had a miscarriage prior to this before and I was at the same demanding job...Had some complications on my 1st trimester when I was having Jerlynn and QUIT immediately (GOT SCARED!)...

Re: Angelcare Monitor

I bought mine from Amazon and it was much cheaper and a newer model, I think that was one of my best acquired item for my baby...I can sleep at peace at night and even do my things peacefully leaving her to sleep in the room alone in her Cot...It is very sensitive as in it will detect slightest sounds and as what was said even the fan blowing...
But that was what it is supposedly to work for right?
As for the Movement detection, as long as baby is breathing well and moving in bed, the alarm will not sound...Try lifting baby up from the bed, even with the fan near the bed, the alarm will still sound after few seconds. This way, it gives me a peace of mind that I will be able to rush there in time to save my baby in case of apnea...

My alarm went off twice before, and by the time I rushed there with my hubby, we found out that she was "gek-ing" and she herself never breathe while doing so...but at least we know if there is something happening, we are there liao...
Without the monitor, I think "Ms Paranoid gingal" will be checking on her every few mins, and will ultimately need anxiety pills...:)

The monitor is now with us for 4 mths and so far so good, we still use it almost everyday when we leave her alone in her Cot, we can hear her every movement clearly and if we hear her sucking her fingers, we can go prepare milk instead of waiting til she cry...

hui,
nev mind abt underweight la, my daughter is 3.5yr old &amp; barely 11kg.. tired of pple saying she's underweight. or whether i'm feeding her enuff?? those who know me, knows how much she can eat! she can finish a kids' meal in jack's place or aston or kenny rogers, she can eat a whole bowl of noodle soup frm foodcourt. like tat is nev feed enough then i really dunno wat's enuff. as long as she's healthy, growing, learning, i'm happy already.
happy.gif

gingal,
wat milk is jerlynn taking? if she's still taking breastmilk, suggest u let her try nan ha1.. it's 4 bb w allergies. i can understand your frustrations, cos i've been having this stupid ecezma problem for almost 15years!! was soo scared tat my ws will kenna, tat's y i diligently gave her nan ha after breastmilk! she's 3.5yr now &amp; still taking nan ha3.

costa, gingal, appreciate the thots.. its a release for her (though her immediate family will not think so) as she had been battling cancer and multiple chemo for the past few years...

david...good that at least there are many pp going to help diana when u r not around..else its very tiring...

daec, 1 hr overall lah. 1 hr on each side i will really die man... :p btw kate was reading for latching (no longer constrained by all those cables etc), i was already having mastitis and one of the nurses at SCN noticed it and ask me to seek help...

kkf..hahaa..kate not pretty lah...

andrina.. so envy.. 3kids!!!!!

grace lim, yes.. very cramp on the fingers..but supposedly avent manual is good at emptying the breasts!!!

grace hui, anyway whether bf is fattening also depends on what the mommy eats, and diff FM also diff kind of fat content...

afcai, ahha.. i think bb can be allergic to everything? remember jt from the dec06 blog? she is allergic to cow's milk... so i think normal cereal is out for her... or maybe some bb can be allergic to some other stuff in cereal...

gingal, what kind of eczema does jerlynn have? is it those that look like milk rash (little bumps) or those that look like one patch of redness? kate got the former..and doc just give steriod cream which i am not happy with. polyclinic nurse suggest we switch to Nan HA which is more easily digestible (supposedly all digested before the allergy can start), and i tried so many kinds of moisturisers incl california bb's calendula cream. nanny also wash her face with rice water which helps abit. in the end its another cream that 'works'. I got my hand on this MLM moisturiser called Renew (white and light blue). One day I have the whole afternoon with kate (without hb's interference ha!) So I keep applying the cream on her face (it got tea tree), I think once every 2 hours. Next morning, half the eczema on her face was gone! And it slowly recover and then she is OK now. I suspect that the nan HA clears off her system and the cream clears off those stubborn existing eczema on her face. Pass the cream to a mommy whose bb got the 2nd kind of eczema (patches of redness, no rashes kind) and it does not work on her. Sorry to be so long winded, but I know eczema is a big headache! her blog is at kathleenmak.blogspot.com so if u go back to older pages (those before 1 yo) u can see how her eczema looks like. ahahha.. so teaching is the culprit! :p

dm,

Yes, I took ur advice last time when i asked abt supplementing with FM and Jerlynn is taking NAN HA now...Still the same. But from what I was told is that NAN HA is help prevent allergies from the milk/food, actually not really on ezcema...Does it really helps ezcema? Cos i was thinking of changing Formula soon too, cos heard Similac is better in terms of beefing up the babies...

Hmmmm, thanks Bloom, I think u have helped to answer the question on NAN HA above...

Jerlynn has both type of rashes...RENEW sounds familiar, I think my MIL has it...she buys the range of products, and yes it is from MLM, I think I will ask her buy one for me and try...
Actually I was also told to use the same range of products of detergent to wash Jerlynn's clothes with, tried and it doesn't help...

Hello! gingal...i understand wat u meant by never had so little sleep in ur life...haha. me too! I everyday like zombie. Everytime i step out of house, feel very light, like i am not myself, dunno why...just feel sooo dam tired. sometimes, i wonder if something wrong with me leh? why i sooo tired and like no energy. sigh. Now u ask me go shopping, i must think twice too, cause i am just sooo tired, and no strength of energy to walk anywhere...

My violet is on similac. I used to put her on NAN, but change to similac cause of her feeding problem. She used to be like drinking soooooo little, so I got worried with her weight growth, so I put her back to similac. My elder used to be on similac and he was rather chubby. I am not sure if similac helps to increase weight, but then since my elder was on similac so might as well put violet on similac too. But dam ex lor, $39.90 Per tin! Looking forward to violet be at 6 months, so that the milk powder will be cheaper...haha.

wow! disneymickey, ws eats a lot! Hahaha. As long as she is healthy and strong, def no worries about her weight. I already given up with dash's weight too! forever stagnant at 15kg plus. haha. But as long as he is growing fine, i am not worry. I am just worry about violet who is a baby...to me, babies must be fat, not toddlers and def not adults. haha.crazy mummy!

Wow HELPP is very scary! I think we women are very wei da to go thru birth hor. If every hubby is like David who knows how to appreciate us, then we will be very blessed liao...haha.
happy.gif
David, u really is a good hubby. I think your wife Diana, and your daughter Danya are so blessed to have u.

andrina, your eldest same age as my boy. He is coming to 4 years old this october. year 2005 babies right? Yes, I am a teacher, and still slogging. and same, I am a primary teacher, but I am teaching Chinese language.
happy.gif

Hui, you a teacher too! ok lar, your children not that premature...35 weekers and 33 weekers very good liao. Mine really jialat, 23, 27 and 34 weekers...

gingal, u may be right, teaching is a stressful job, so once I am pregnant with violet I immediately wrote to my Principal requesting for no pay leave to rest. else i think i will go into very early labor again! For my eldest, I dunno about it, I still walked and walked and got angry, in the end, gave birth at 23 weeks plus! my greatest regret!

bloom, kate is pretty! and i find that she has her style (like very coolzzz!)

afcai, yes, my in laws can handle violet cause they very very patient one. not like me, me very impatient, and also nowadays no energy and feel rather weak, worse than ah gong ah mah, so i really have no energy or patience to handle violet. Somemore, it is only me and violet (hubby working), they have 2 people (my father in law and mother in law, in fact my father in law is the one who can handle her very well!), so they can cope better than me. But tomorrow I will try taking care of violet myself, but honestly telling u, I have phobia...haha...sometimes violet cries for no reasons and can cry and cry and cry...me almost cries with her.

Sam, hope your boys continue to do well and can go home soon! wow, 3 babies in a house, u must start thinking of how to handle...

xbliss...wow, very ex leh, today went kiddy palace, saw the automatic sarong thing costs $150...wants my life..think i carry carry, cannot afford, haha...anyway not going to have another baby liao, not worth...

Hi kkf,

Yes.. hope they continue to do well..let me have an ease of my mind..

So far today, Mattias is already 1340g, Josiah lost weight again due to changing the ventilator to cpap yesterday and also he was nil by mouth yesterday therefore he is 1045g today, Jeriel is 1165g.

Can i chk why is Josiah always wanting feeds every 2 hrs now? Issit because he is not fed enough? He can throw tantrums and cry n scream type.. very scary leh.. cause i think he will lose more weight if he do that and have to be on pacifier n tap him to Zzzzz.

Whats is the amount of feeds/milk to be consider full feeds?

Are bbs at KKH also supplemented with TPN aka Nutrition Drip?

bloom,
wat's the cream tat u mentioned? sounds good. where can i buy?

gingal,
nan ha is 4 allergies, all sorts. ws has been on ha since stopping breastmilk. thank god, no signs of ecezema so far..1 of my colleague oso switched her daughter back to nan ha, cos of sensitive nose. n she claimed her daughter got better..i think healing ecezema is a very looong &amp; tedious process..i'm a good example, 15yrs alrdy, still bothering me..sian. hope the med bloom introduced can help jerlyn &amp; me
happy.gif

afcai
yup.. we started after pd said good to feed. then at 1 year old, he said give her everything to eat.. so she wont be fussy in future..

sam
maddy was on tpn too initialy. stoppped once she was on breastmilk. tpn very ex.. like swallowing gold...

Hi Andrina,

Diana case was referred to Dr. Shapeda, one of the Doc who belong to the high risk Material Fetal Medicine group. Diana is already discharge. Diana still need to be review by National eye center for her left eye. Water still trap at the retina area which may take up to a year for the water to disperse.

Hi Bloom &amp; Gingal,

We are very bless. Danya is my MUM &amp; MIL first granddaughter. I also very bless that both MUM &amp; MIL has the same character and value about life. They get along super well. Phew.

Hi KKF,

U Know Singaporean cannot "oh lou". Head will swell big and cocky OK. Ha Ha. No, I was not a good husband in the past. I guess I spend too much time on work and at least 50% of my time not in Singapore. I was so bless to have a wife like Diana who is so independent and without her husband around most of the time. If there is a next life, I would still want Diana to be my wife. OK, I think we must switch role. Maybe is a good idea to be a woman for once.

Hi Sam,

This prove that Josiah is a man of might and he has a hugh appetite. If he continue to gain more, his feed will increase. Once your 3 warrior reach about 1.6kg to 1.7kg, Doc will convert them to 3 hourly feed.

The feed is calculate based on 150ml per kg for the whole day. Once our warrior are discharge and back home, their feed will be base on demand.

gingal,
the paed and national skin centre recommended eucerin for my nephew who has eczema.. and it really cleared up. But have to persist in using it.

kkf
there is a bb shop at AMK central along the stretch where there is emi cakes? it sells the automatic sarong cheaper a bit.

sam
yea, could be that josiah is a hungry kid after all!? i witnessed my boy crying a few times out of hunger at NICU.. break my heart lor. when he came home, we made sure he was well fed, and he put on so much weight. of cos, he din manage to catch up with his peers lah. but looks good for his size
happy.gif

Grace,

Ya i think so too.. TPN costs a bomb.. But it will be off once they on full feeds.. but i still dunno how much ml is full feeds.

David,

Actually i wanna know like when they hit 1.5kg or before they are discharged, they need to be on total fell feeds n wats the amount like? 30ml? 35ml?

Xbliss,

Its indeed heartpain to see him like tat, until the nurse gotta put few drops direct in his mouth to pacify him. Think hospital is really "Si Ban"

<font color="0000ff">gingal</font>,
is J encountered heat rashes? HX also got heat rashes on his neck. see already quite scary.

hmm...think u got to wait for J to be older than think of no 2 loh. enjoy yr time spent with her.

hmmm NAN HA really help to cure away her gar 's ezcema bec my sil's gar also got patches of red red thing on her face, neck etc. till now, her gar is on NAN HA 3 liao. but hor, really very ex wor unless one purchase in the motherhood fair at expo. much cheaper than retail price.

<font color="0077aa">bloom</font>,
hmm...oh pai seh, I can't remember. who allergic to cow milk? I read fr forum, one of the mummies who consume dairy product esp milk, her bb also kana allergic loh cos she is tbf mummy. that's what the PD

mentioned to her when the bb stools got blood. but it still depends on individual bb.

hmm..read that yr posting u kept on applying cream on kate's face every 2 hrs, is it ok to apply so much on to the kid' face?

<font color="119911">precious_one</font>,
oic. thks the infor on MCT oil. hmm...as mentioned wow, MCT oil is needed to be added into every milk feed. wow, that's fattening wor....

<font color="0000ff">kkf</font>,
haa...mummy never had enu slp one.... same thinking as me, I prefer to confine at hm rather than ask me to go shopping now. ai-yo, like that how to reduce weight....

hmm...did u know that receipts from purchasing of abbott products can be used accumalate pt and then redemed fm. dun throw receipts loh. check out at abbott website for more details. haa..ask abbott for sample...

ai-yo, yr violet already quite chubby liao (see fr the photos) so dun worry loh....

haaa patient got limit for me....esp if I lack of slp then will be like bb very bad temper and cranky. will felt anything irriated me loh.wow, gd fil u had wor...seldom heard fil can handle bb leh.

ai-yo, cannot cried with violet lah.....bb cry is a form of communication loh. so treated them like singing (haa...talk easy right...). think I also pek seh when HX is cranky too.

<font color="119911">xbliss</font>,
Just to update my boy progress on the insurance. hubby mentioned that NTUC income liase with KKH directly to get the medicial report fr my boy. that's why we dun need to give anything except the photocopy of health booklets. acc to NTUC, it mentioned that if one requested medicial report fr kkh, one need to pay so they will help to absorb the cost. also kkh mentioned that they needed 4-6 wks to generate the report. hmm...so now pending for them to revert.

<font color="119911">sam</font>,
nice to hear that yr 3 warriors are progressing well. keep it up. btw, wondering why u choose SGH to deliver? why dun u ttf them to kkh initially? I'm just curious.

xbliss,
the report is very ex, KKH told us 80$/report. Imagine report from neonat, eye, dietician, children surgery etc....

Grace,
If i m nt wrong, my gal was on TNP when she was in NICU and stopped slightly after she started consuming bm...

gingal, otoh, kate also have (at one point) eczema looking rashes around her inner thighs... seems that its due to constant friction of the side gathers of the plastic diapers. Now that she is using panties at nanny's pl (toilet training), the rashes there are getting less and less. see my msg to dm re the lotion, applies to u too if ur MIL does not have it...

kkf..ahaha..if kate is pretty cos she doesnt smile then i am pretty too :p :p :p (buay paiseh) cos i rarely smile too :p not sure if afcai / i have mention the benefits of kampung chick here to get chix essence??? maybe u can try that? i am also feeling tired nowadays..jst wana zzz the moment i reach home.. i thnk it also have to do with the fact that i read on the mrt train..strain the eyes... let us know how today goes!

dm, here is the link http://www.melaleuca.com.sg/ps/index.cfm?f=ps.search&amp;tSearch=renew but i think its cheaper if u get those MLM members to buy for u... (its the blue/white tube)... i travel between Lakeside and Admiralty everyday between 6+ and 7+. Let me know if u can meet me somewhere, and I will pass u one tube to try (cos I get 3 tubes the last time so as not to trouble my MLM ex colleague)... but really no guarantee. I got dryness of skin due to allergy to detergent (I think) and it does not really solve it (have to resort to gloves and TCM).

david..wah..first case i haerd where MIL and mother get along well... blessed indeed!
happy.gif

xbliss..i agree..very sim tia when u go SCN/NICU and the bbs are crying and the nurse say cannot feed cos its not 3 hrs yet
sad.gif

afcai, eczema can be due to many reasons, and for me, i duno what is the cause of kate's. If its due to dry skin, one of the 'parttime soln' is to constantly moisturise the skin with moisturiser, thus my actions. Of course now that her face is OK i no longer apply so often lah...

Hi Afcai

My ger now abt 60ml/3hr..is tat consider little..i scared after i go to work..she increase to 100ml/3hr then i buai hu liao..my hubby got sometimes help me to feed at nite but since i m still on ML..most of the time is still me

re:storage of bm.
tink tat is ang mo website where their countries is colder..tat y they state until so long..but i oso only finish the milk within 2 days..

re:supplement.
now my ger only PS once every 4-5 days leh...but her PS is soft though..so i assume is ok..do u all share the same experience?

re:drink milk dun slp
my ger always sleep when drinking...after drink ok liao dun want to sleep..wants me to carry..i buai tahan..especially if middle of the nite..when my mum is looking after her..then she will sleep all the way..she really knows how to tekan me..

when she cry we dun go to her immediately..she will cry until like want to duo qi like tat..buai tahan her..see her like tat..then we will carry her n she win liao

Hi Sam

My new pump is not the Avent duo pump...is the single pump..usual price shld be abt $299..my fren has to help me to buy at 40% discount..tink now Metro has 20% discount on tat..so far i used a few times..still not bad..even the manual 1 oso quite gd..5 min can express abt 50ml....wat pump u r using now?since u have to feed 3..i tink is more efficient for u to se Medela PIS..as it is dual pump n faster..can save 1/2 the time...i see 1st few years in KKH is selling at $599..so far the cheapest i see..glad to know tat ur milk flow is getting more after taking the med..

bloom,
thanks! wat time will u b at CCK MRT? i'll reach there abt abt 6.20pm?no la, i buy a tube frm u to try...i'll try anything tat'll help. started taking EPO since dec, it has helped slightly. but when i fell sick, take med &amp; stop EPO, start again. sigh

dm, CCK will be more like 6.50pm. Is tat OK. Will pm u my hp....

No need to buy from me lah, cos its very small tube! ahahah

gks mummy,
i used to teach sec chinese before i quit. n went back to sch to teach under flexi scheme before pregnant. if i'm going back again, will definitely go for either relief teaching or flexi teaching.. ya, really hate attending those workshops/meetings/appraisals etc.

afcai,
i'm more active in jan 07 thread, but since bb born preterm dec 06, follow your thread but as a silent reader. thats y u dunno me. but i know icylemon, nana n bobianah. as for 3-4 hrly pump, now i take abt <30 mins per pump.

gingal,
i never tot i would breastfeed so long as well. i actually wanted to stop aft 1 yr, so sian as my boy always need to nurse then he'll sleep, treat me as pacifier, its only after i got pregnant then i die-die bobian cold-heartedly wean him off. but now begin another long milking journey again... this time round told myself try bottle-feeding bm instead so history won't repeat itself... but the sterilising is so troublesome! sagging breasts? i dun think i'll have, coz not big enough. hahaha..

disneymickey,
i also use the excuse tt me n hubby small size, so kids will be small.. i'm quite happy his immune system quite good, but inside my heart, still wish he'll put on more weight! he's still 8+kg at 2.5 yr old.

bloom,
maybe u r right, i dun have time to eat tonics n good stuffs coz i'm so busy taking care of my elder kid. maybe thats y aft drinking bm, he's still so small.

kkf,
wow, your premature history really early! u teach chinese too? still teaching huh? good. which town u in? i have few friends who's teaching pri chinese too.

sam,
wow, u've got triplets!! not easy. but really happy for u tt the 3 boys are progressing well. r they still in kk? hope they'll gain more weight n discharge soonest.

shellow and afcai,
tks for the input on insurance. let us know when its approved.. then we will all send our premies for it!

Back