Premature babies support group

slim???hahaha...i m super fat n big sized...i m 1.7m..wt pei sei to say out liao..i m 31 yrs old this year..oso not young liao...hahaha

hey hey afcai,

yah strongly agree with u!! I was sooo pissed but got no choice cos my pd is the national healthcare group director and he always encourage us to use kk in case of any emergencies soooo i tahan them.

anyway, for the vaccinations, think we can only go to either our own pd or polyclinic right? the other time i asked, the nurses in scn told me kk dun give vaccinations.

btw, which drs are all the kids here seeing? mine is dr natalie epton but find that she is too fast and doesn't really do a thorough check.... is it normal?

Hi andrina gina..

KKH does not provide vaccinations?the scn nurse told me have leh..n called me to ask the doc for the package during my followup checkup..tink i will check with the neonatal doc when i go followup next wk..

Hi Mums..

Would like to check up with the princess's mum..when your princess was born, does their private part looks different as compared to full term bb? when will they develop to "normal"?

<font color="119911">Lin</font>,
hmm..yr gar appetite gd wor...my boy is smaller drinker. yr bm supply also not bad wor...can pump 100ml during yr 2mth. I only yield 60-80ml of milk which I took 40-50mins to pump. how long u pump per session? 3hrly, tiring right...by the time, u pump finished, bb needed to drink again.

re:spotting
hmm...u got yr own gynae?

re:pump.
wow...Medela PIS, fast, ex and gd wor....mine is only normal medela dual pump, seems slow. bought the motor fr the forum only cos had most of the accessories liao. no motor bec I borrow the whole set of breast pump fr cil last time when I had my no#1.

medela swing light meh? me no idea....only that, I know it is 'ma fan' to bring to and fro fr office cum also need to bring milk bag too.

re:insurance.
hubby said NTUC less strict. shd not be any problem lah. my boy 2nd insurance is fr NTUC - vivo life (the latest product). what type of insurance u buy?

re:jab.
no queue if got appt. usually, bb got priority even no appt. they will generate a small no and waiting time less than 20mins. but if got appt, then the most wait is 10mins. I always go early to 'jump queue'. haa...my no#1 and now my no#2 have all along gg to polyclinic for jab. cheap and conventient for me (near my hse).

haa,,just joking, maybe lot of ppls said long Q at polyclinic so dun want to go. so that's why I got the chance to 'jump queue'wor...get the joke...

hmm can combine the 5 supplements in 1 feed of milk?? wow, then taste must be extraordinary wor...then what color will the milk be? I only added in multi drops turn yellow-orangish liao. tell my boy it is orange juice, better drink loh...:p. better to 'pu' more now to build up immune system. next time, ah gar turn 18 yr old, she will 'ai mei' will slim down one. :p.

oh..no wonder, her intake of milk is gd wor...my hubby and I slim type (last time, hubby pump but after marriage, 'balloon'(refer to tummy) flatten liao. haa think stress wor...).

oh...no offence, just curious to know, after yr operation for hole in the heart, is it 100% will cure? do take care.

re:combine ebm.
haa..my boy dun get fresh milk unless it is extra like 'bu shan bi si' got 10-30ml then will pour (into his bottles first and wait for his next feed then add in other dates of ebm) and combine with other dates ebm.

yup, fresh bm got more nutrients. the longer the ebm is kept, nutrient will be lose. I am pondering how they store the ready made bottles of fm in hospital (dunno got fridge or...). if store longer, won't the nutrient be lose? hmm....

but if u kept giving bb fresh one then u will have plenty of old stock leh...how to finish?

re:FB.
me blur blur on FB one...haa me force to open FB by my friend cos lot of them got it. but I seldom go in and my profile empty one.

re:height.
wow, u tall wor...

<font color="119911">andrina gina</font>,
wow, PD is the national healthcare frp director. then can feedbck to him abt the service loh..haa..so that they can improve the standard of service mah...

yup, beside hospital can go any clinic for jab loh. ai-yo, who said kkh dun give jab? aiyo, scn nurse hor.... only thing is much ex (kkh charge $400++) than outside.

mine suppose to be Dr Chua MC (forgot liao) but she now on maternity leave. so now, Dr Tan took over. hope, the third neonatal appt in sept will be Dr Chua. Dr Chua is gd, patient, friendly and answer all the qns (take time to explain any doubts) u ask.

Hi,

anyone wants contact for cheap Blue Egg Bags can PM me.

Re: Insurance
Recently, I bought the TaiMaoBi brush and they provide 6mths free insurance. Apprantely it was approved yesterday. Anyone wants the contact for the insurance agent can contact me. He is from AIA. They did not require me to produce any discharge summary

Hi Shelllow

Thanks..i will checkup with the doc during my neonat follow up checkup...

Hi afcai

is 60ml consider gd appetite? when she discharged fr hospital...she is drinking 45ml/3hr..now is 1 wk+ liao..n we have gradually increase to 60-65ml..but sometimes she cant finished all..so we will let it be..dun want to force her..scared wait she vomit out..usually she will take 30min to finish the milk..is tat "normal" timing?

I m using PIS..i will take abt 15 min for each pump....usually my process is 15 min for washing of bottle/pump accessories n sterilise them..15 min for the pumping..30 min for feeding...30 min for burping n patting her to sleep..so the leftover 1.5 hr i can take a short nap or online provided she dun wake up earlier than expected..tat is my routine for the past 1wk+..did not really go out cos still dun dare to bring bb out yet..hope she will grow up soon then i can bring her to gai gai liao...hehe

re:spotting
yah..my gynae is Dr Han How Chuan fr KKH..i have always be with him since i m pregnant..but due to my bb premature so i downgraded to Class C..in the end,my bb is delievered by the MO not him..but for followup checkup, i still go back to him..i tink tat is better loh..

re:pump.
Yah..Medela PIS is gd n pumping is powerful..so can help to save alot of time..my collegues lent the pump to me 1...=)

medela swing light meh? i saw from the website..tat is supposed to be light so that we can hang to our body n bring ard..the bad pt is it is not dual pump...i m thinking this 2nd pump is more as a backup for me to use at hm or bring out if i still have milk when i go back to office n my ger still cannot latch on well..i m tinking of manual pump oso cos i scared if go out, some places may not have powerpt for me to start the electical pump n batteries may not last too long..but i scared manual pump will be siong....wait n see how 1st..sicali by the time i go back to office in Aug, already no nai liao..=)

re:insurance.
i intend to buy the hospitalisation 1..i have that myself..incomeshield..but dun know they change name already or not..other insurance still considering..will discuss more with my agent when i have the health status report from the doc when i go for followup checkup next wk..

re:jab.
ok..i will take note of that..my ger is supposed to have a jab on 26 Jun..

i oso have the orange-yellowish vitamin supplements..2 of the supplements are protein n carboric powder, 1 MCT oil, 1 ferrum and the vitamin loh..the last 2 is once n twice per day respectively..the 1st 3 supplements are for every feed...she really pu gao gao..haha..her milk colour is still white except when i add the vitamin then is yellowish...

after my operation for hole in the heart, i tink is 100% cured liao..so far still ok.. only when go for dental svc, must take antibotics

re:combine ebm.
now i start to combine ebm..can save alot of milk..now i add in the fresh milk with the leftover from previous pump..the current pump leftover milk i will freeze it..in tat case, i have alternate total fresh n combined milk for each feed

they shld have fridge bah..but i tink FM nutrient is constant rite? but have to drink b4 the expiry date..

btw, will drink BM become fat faster?

yah..i have alot of reserved in my fridge now..KKH still have my milk oso..they can help me to keep for 1 mth from the date my ger is discharged..

tat y i cant freeze the bu san bu si milk oso..take up storage space n the storage bottle oso not cheap..1 for $1.50..get from the hospital medela disposable bottle cos can pay by medisave..but larger volume then store in milk bag of bigger capacity

re:FB.
feel free to go our premmies gp when u r free..=)

re:height.
tall..but u havent know my wt yet..hahaha

Grace,

My pics were taken like 3 years back...hahaha definitely cheating ppl...me now not dat slim lor...
I purposely change to this pic recently cos a cousin of mine keep "suaning" me...will change back to other pics soon..hahaha
Meanwhile please bear with seeing "me" who don't look like "me" now...

Lin,

Are u saying about the 2 lips not closed completely yet and exposing the insides of the baby? The insides also bigger and abit swollen? It's normal, soon the lips will close and the inside not swollen liao, give your girl some time to accumulate fats around that area first...
happy.gif
in the meantime, since the insides exposed out, remember to take extra care in hygiene...
happy.gif

Hi Mums,

WOW. Me Mountain Tortise. Hard to set up FB and finally still get it done.

Hi Andrina

Welcome to the thread.

Hi Maykel,

Only post me &amp; princess pic in FB. Still trying to figure out how to create album.

Hi Mums,

Last 2 days, me bottle feed my Danya. WOW, panic man. Danya desat on both feed, Me sweat dripping. I think is my sweat that create more CO2. Ha Ha. Today, Danya 1.8kg, feed has change to 3hourly. 2kg soon, home coming soon but here is the issue. We are not too confidence to handle her STOMA. You can see 2 of Danya's intestine sticking out from her tummy. Still thinking what we should do? To keep Danya in KKH until her ops is done or to bring her home first then back to KKH when Danya is 2.5kg. Danya's PIC of the days.
2537842.jpg

David,

Danya is so cute...The "Owh" she makes with her mouth means she is very relax and calm...keke She must have love the camera on her..."Say Cheese"...

On her Home-coming with STOMA (Actually sorry I still dun really get what the condition is), maybe u can ask the doctor's advice...sometimes just a simple word from them will give u the confidence...
happy.gif
Take Care!

David
hahaha.. i remembered my husband sweat too every time he fed Maddy. his sweat kept dripping on Maddy and his shirt all wet.. the nurses alway stand by tissue for him.. then 1 of us had to hold her 'opium pipe', another one do the feeding. we were taught to look at her lip 's colour to know when to let her rest. KKH do that too?

dear all, I am not too sure if I am in the right thread but there is a possibility that my baby might be premature. I am curently just entering into my 25th week. Baby is 686grams. I have been diagnosed as having premature rupture of membrane (PROM) on Friday. Am leaking amniotic fluid and is at home resting.

My question is - any mums here whose babies are premature due to PROM? How long was your baby in your womb until your baby was delivered? Thanks for any response to this post.

Hi ladies,
I had join the premmies FB too. But how do we know who is who cos we use nickname here?

Hi Lin,
We had decided to do 3 doses of 6in1 for our gals, cos they would receive the least number of jabs with this pkg, only 3 jabs. We are doing it with a PD near our house cos its more convenient thn going to kkh.

Charlot was on MCT oil, but lucky dietician said can stop already during our follow-up last wk. We had a hard time washing it too. But it washed off quite well with Pigeon dish cleanser using a sponge.

Hi afcai,
Did you sign up for NTUC too?

Hi David,
Most impt for stoma, have to keep it clean and change the bag regularly. But of cos if you are not confident, i think its ok to request for discharge after her op. Cos it is not easy taking care of premmies themselves, much less if Danya has stoma, it can be stressful for you and Diana. When is Danya's op scheduled?

Understand that she needs to be 2.5kg before the op can take place right? Actually i realised that they gain weight faster when they are home as compared to being in hospital.

Hi Maykel

you can refer to the "Introduction of our premmies" in the discussion board for the details of the premmies n the parent's nick in SMH

Hope the dietician will tell me the same thing when i visit her next wk...i have already bought new bottles for my ger liao..find the "cloud" stain on the bottle abit disgusting..this new bottle i use boiling water to wash everytime..so far after a few feeds still clean

i tink i will check up more on the vaccine with the doc on my fellowup checkup next wk...6-in-1 has 3 doses?when are we supposed to take this doses? wat is the diff between 6-in-1 n 5-in-1?
so far, my ger only has BCG n hep B..2nd n 3rd jab of Hep B is included in 6-in-1 n 5-in-1? beside the 6-in-1 n 5-in-1 vaccines..is there other injection which the bb need to take? thanks for ur advices..

Hi Grace,

Seems like all David sweat alot. HA HA.

Hi Maykel,

This is a tough question. I will need sometime to think over it. KKH is concern about our financial burden but for me, I am more worry if Diana and myself can managed Danya with a STOMA. This is tougher than military decision.

Hi Mums,

Danya PIC of the day.

2539909.jpg

Wow.. Danya looks great..Don't worry strong dad!

Recently in SGH, there is also this dad who visits his bb everyday, but i have not seen the wifey yet..

Hmmm .. Decided to post my darlings photo for exclusive viewing pleasure for all my dear friends here.. keke..

Hi Mummy,

I have a big problem... I dunno why my ebm getting lesser n lesser after taking fenugreek and even worse when i pump more.. WHY LIKE DAT??!!! I pump 8-10 times a day 2-3hrly.. already pathetic from start and i can get up to 80mls if lucky now only 20 - 40mls..

My babies dun have enough bm... cause they need freshly pumped milk.. how huh?

Hi Sam

Your bb looks good...Mattias has deep double eyelids like ang mo kia like tat..handsome boy next time..=)

You may want to check up with LC or the neonatal doc..tink beside fenugreek, there is another med ( which need prescription from doc) which will help to increase the milk supply..n tink tat med is more powerful than fenugreek..read from forum that we can oso drink "raw" fenugreek...buy fenugreek seed fr Indian spice shop...3 full tsb of the seeds boiled with 1 litre of water within 10min n drink..heard that maybe more powerful than fenugreek capsule for some pple..

try not to be too stress n have more rest if possible..as stress n not enuff sleep may affect the milk supply..i know it is easy to say not easy to do but just try ur best..know tat u r going thru a tough time now..jia you!

the usual advice...eat alot of fish n drink alot of liquid will help to increase BM

u r in KKH rite? If you dun mind, i still have some BM in pink SCN...you may want to check up with the doc/nurses, can i transfer the BM to you..if u dun mind n can transfer the BM to you n need me to sign anything, i can sign that on Fri as i will be going down to KKH for my ger followup checkup..

Jia you! Tough Time dont last but Tough People do!

Hi Lin,

Im not with KKH leh, thanks for the offer though.

Do you know if i can go GP for the medication or any recommended Lactation Consultant?

Hi Sam,

Our 3 warriors are STRONG and GREAT!!!!! From the pic, you can see Mattias &amp; Jeriel look alert &amp; great. Josiah color look great and strong. One of the method to gauge our warriors health is by their color. If their color is pale, not too great.

Hang on, Have faith, Fight strong, Fight hard. JIA YU, JIA YU, JIA YU.

Hi Lin,

CAMALA trick la. Ha Ha. Sometime, Danya is so focus on her sucking, we use put her palm onto the pacifier, she will just hold it. LOL.

Sam,
most hospitals have got a lactation consultant. Some problems usually are due to nature, like mummy exhausted, not drinking enough fluids, so you have to make sure you really drink loads of water in between pumps. I used to drink like 3 litres a day.. imagine how come my tummy cannot slim down... hahaha. The medication i took is domperidon. it really helps to up supply for me.

They are really doing well! Such happy and alert babies!! great job there!!

David,
great job with Danya too!! she looks really set for home. I'm sure she will manage the op fine. Don't underestimate them!

Is the software better than Picasa? Cos i love picasa for its userfriendliness as well as for the fact it is free.

Hi Lin n Xbliss,

the only worry is not enuff supply of milk, think i will visit a gynae to get the med to try, heard it may nt help also sometimes.

My milk supply also down, already lesser than b4, these 2 days worst...
Should be due to I'm having menses (At Last!) and also fell sick, down with Sore Throat and cough...
Overdosed with Vit C also no use...still fall sick....

<font color="0000ff">lin_29weeker</font>, thanks!I have joined ur facebook!
happy.gif
btw, u have hole in heart when young? My boy has it too, and he also went thru operation to patch up when he was one year old. can ask u, besides antibiotic when dental procedure, how about those PE, and exercises? still can do? and any effect on u for the hole in heart? what ur mum gave u to bu you? Sorry to ask, cause I finally found one adult with hole in heart whom I can direct the questions to. Btw, I am also 31 this year and I am 174cm tall! same same!

<font color="0000ff">welcome liliac</font>, but i dun have the condition you mentioned...hang in there, hope ur babies can stay in till full term or at least 30 plus weeks.

<font color="0000ff">david</font>, danya soo cute, reminds me of violet. haha. she will be home sooN! yeah! i think dun worry about her discharge, the doctors and nurses will teach u wat to do, and once they discharge her, that means she is really ready to be home, else super kiasu kkh wun discharge one.

<font color="0000ff">gingal</font> vit C really not much use. haha, I also took that, and fall sick as well.

<font color="0000ff">Sam</font> nice to see photos of ur 3 darlings!! wow your elder can smile liao! my gal can only smile when she is about 1 month plus leh.

<font color="0000ff">regarding vaccination and insurance</font>, still haven't try getting for Dash and violet. I must really get for them...better. For vaccination, Dash had it done in polyclinic, and Violet at kid's clinic (private). Private got one advantage: they have 6 in 1 injections...and those rotavirus and pnuemoccocal. Polyclinic has it?

This week, dash is having lessons at tampines zoo phonics, so I am lodging at my mum's place in pasir ris. while he is there for 2 hours program, I need to loiter around cause parents can't go in...so sianz...haha.

Anyway, I am so glad that our support here is getting wider! yeah!

<font color="0000ff">xbliss</font> wow u went hongkong with bryan? i also want to bring dash, but with this H1N1, very scary...dun dare to go anywhere, else must quarantine myself when back if it becomes an infected country.

<font color="0000ff">afcai</font>, hey same same, i also feel heavy headed and breathless at times, think we really nto enough sleep...esp with 2 kids...

Hi kkf..

i dun have PE when i m in pri sch..but i tink is becos my mum chao keng to get a letter from doc to prevent me from PE lesson..i tink i shld be fit but maybe not too siong exercise..by Sec sch, cannot chao keng liao..so i have PE lesson liao..i m not super runner lah..but still ok lah...

tink i am skinny when i m young..but when i reach puperty age, i start to balloon up..in fact ballooned too much...so i am very big sized now..hahaha..

so if ur boy is small size now..dun need to scare cos i m a good example..

tink when i m young, my mum give me eat those chinese med..but not sure wat she give..hehe

side effect of hole in heart..tink beside the dental procedures..not much of side effect..just have to tell the doc for med record purpose..even when i m pregnant, i told my gynae he oso say is ok..nothing to fuss abt..maybe at most must give antibotics when i seh kia..but in the end i deliever by MO..so oso dun know MO got give me antibotics or not when i deliever..

if i can make it,with present med sci, ur son sure steady 1...the same theory that you are a 27 weeker 31 yrs ago..

wah...u r 1.74m..taller than me..n i tink u look much slimmer than me...tink i m typical ang mo size ( of cos not those slim ang mo lah)

feel free to ask me any other qns

kkf,
nice to hear from u. read your blog - holiday liao eh? must be very happy lor! hehe. stay healthy during this hols so u can enjoy more quality time with violet and dash!

HK disneyland is not too bad. apart from the fact that there are not so many rides, and the decor is not as well done as tokyo one, i find it a nice place for kids. THey have the main stuff that kids like and many of it don't have height restrictions, so bryan was able to take most of the rides. Also, it is small enough that you can spend one day to finish it leisurely. The best part is no queue!! We went on a tuesday, there is not even a crowd. imagine at tokyo, we queue like 1hr for rides, and here you just walk in. u can buy the tickets from most hotel concierges/travel counters - it will be cheaper by about $16. When u book the hotel, ask them abt it. Go after the H1N1 subsides lah, its really too risky for little children now.

costa, thanks .. my gal is doing fine.. now mommy sweating.. sourcing for cc for her... me banned from going to mom's pl..canot read sat's newspaper..ehehehe

xbliss..ahaha..at one glance.. i thot i saw siang's pic.. :p

Lin..
happy.gif
in SG, adoption is still not common lah.
happy.gif
joined ur premmie FB liao...

gingal..ahhaa ur father's laptop must be under utilised... actualy i also duno how to use webcam (talk so much :p)

Mayel, wow..good wgt for ur gals!
happy.gif

Lin, I went yishun polyclinic.. Q is OK for bb jab (got priority i think)

I have also added some of u as frens..pls approve! :p

Lin(29_weeker), any idea how big is the whole in ur heart? shd be moderate like my son, so needs surgery. if small small one, dun need i think. Yes, really glad to find an adult with similar case like my son...

Anyway, i really think our premature babies, even though premature or with some defect, but at least they are healthy. I just came across a blog, a 4 year gal has liver cancer and is stage 4...sad.
sad.gif

http://ourfeistyprincess.com/about_charmaine_family.php

hi kkf..

i dun know how big my hole in the heart is leh..but i have my surgery when i m abt 3 yrs old last time..dun tink is small hole..tink small hole, it will seal by itself when times go by..but mine need surgery..so i assume like wat u say shld be moderate hole..

Hi Xbliss.

TQ for the booster. Danya will fight stronger than ever. Piscasa never use before leh. Cannot comment leh.

Hi KKF,

True enough leh. Today all nurse are like " Tai E Long", mentally bombard Diana, trying to convince her that Danya is ready to go home. Hoory but my home still in a mess leh. Going to be out station again soon. Wah so many things, so little time.

Just read your thread of GG Charmaine. My eye teary, faster close my office room if not, all other staff will wonder what happen to me. I have send a internal mass mail to ask for help.

Wow Lin,

Didn't know you have a hole in heart. Wow, cannot tell leh. Look like "Energizer Bunny" in FB leh.

Hi David

Yah..Charmaine plight is really very jialat..haiz..n what is tat father doing???so angry!!! not saying all men are bad..but this man is really too much n irresponsible...leaving Cynthia to face all the problem alone..

u saw me b4 rite..my size is definitely more than a "energizer bunny"...shld be "energizer dinasuor" liao..hahaha

Hi Lin,

That man is not fit to be a man, should be call a Ax Kxx. Walking out from a family is definitely NOT ACCEPTABLE by my value. What A Axx Hxxx!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! REALLY PISSED ME OFF. Excuse and pardon the language from a AH BENG like me.

Don't worry, energizer dinosaur is still energize Happy MAMA right? As long as we have a healthy and able body, we should try our best to give back to needy if possible. Although I am not rich but the least I can do is to give my blood. I believe they can save life. Once Danya is back, I will go back to my old routine.

I would encourage those who are able to give blood should try and your blood will definitely save life. Cheers.

bloom,

me oso trying to source for cc for my son...expensive one..out of budget....cheap one no vacancy haha.....

why you banned fm yr mum place?u just got back fm overseas holiday?

david,

if THEY say your kid can go home..faster go home....hospitals r not the cleanest of places...
when they told me my son ready for discharge..i scared tis scared that, delay here and there..sekali exposed to one doc who had chicken pox and also my son kena a bad cough and had to be discharged wif tube feeding..so the nurse told me lor if we tell u ready to go home..better ciao fm the hospital...

Back