Premature babies support group

hi david..

When u r on bz trip..got any1 help Diana to look after Danya? we really need alot of helps/advices from the elders or experienced care giver..

my mum is helping me now..w/o her i will be messy..especially when she cry for milk n i havent prepare the milk yet..my hubby oso always go on bz trip so i understand Diana's situation..

finally, after much 'struggling' I managed to get myself into sg premmiee FB.

<font color="0077aa">Lin</font>,
for my HX, when he is discharged fr hospital at wk 35, he is drinking 45ml per 3hrly too. then few days later, the 45ml can onlylast him 2hrly...we did give him 60ml per 3hrly but he can take in but merlion out. his digestive system not gd. so within that 1 mth, we gave him 30ml every 1-2hrly.small meal better for him.

yr bb (what is her name?) also better than HX in term of feeding time. HX can take up to 1hr to drink 30ml. gd time, he can finish within 30 mins. it took us 2 mth for him to improve his feeding time. siong right....

wow, 15mins only...for me, 15mins, NOW i can only generate either 110ml-150ml. recently, bm decrease liao. think lack of slp. hmm...dun u have other caregiver to help u? siong wor....everything do yr own...

till now, I also did not bring HX out except to checkup and sometimes downstair for makan during wkend.

re:gynae.
oic. u will be paying non-subsize rate when u see gynae now? which clinic is that?

re:medela pump.
gd col u have...

for me, my bm is reducing liao. think once I go bck to office, need to top up with fm liao. unlike last time, HX only drank one day behind ebm and only touch currently wee hr milk at night. but now, she already drank the current day afternoon or morning ebm liao. so fridge only left 1 bottle. frozen ebm is also getting lesser fr 33 bottles become 20 bottles liao. sad sad...

for me, if I were u, I think yr PIS is gd enu, won't be buying another one.

re:suplement.
for HX, only multi-pro vitamins and 1 ferrum. how many drops of ferrum is given to yr gar?

wow, first 3 supplement every feed....no wonder, ppls feedbck MCT oil is so oily....sometimes, my ebm is so oily, that I also had hard time to wash. can't imagine the MCT oil.

re:combine ebm.
gd loh. once u go bck office, there's no fresh milk for bb liao.

fm nutrient...hmm...dunno leh..just pondering...

for bf bb, it is hard to get pump aka obese.

re:dispoable bottle.
yup, but kkh disposable bottles very conventient and small to take but ex. I still got 2 pack unopened. yup, I also paid by medisave. oic.. didn't u store in glass bottle? for me, i use glass bottle to store. those normal plastic teddy bear design bottles (3 of them), i medela bottle and the 4 of the glass bottles to pump my daily bm.

re:height.
oh...overweight or not?? oops...

<font color="119911">David</font>,
dun say u Mountain Tortise? when came to FB, think I'm more than that. u gd in other area wor...esp in medical terms. in ppls dunno, tot u are a medical staff man since yr knowledge to the medical terms are gd.

ai-yo..not 2kg...shd be 0.2kg lah. by the time, Danya is 2kg + 1.8kg = 3.8kg liao...:p.

hmm..dunno why bb got that kind of tweety bird face look esp the mouth....

haa..my hubby always sweat when came to feed my boy. cos my boy always like to 'play trick' on him, always make him feed up to 1hr+. the shortest feeding timing when my boy is super hungry is 10mins.

<font color="119911">Grace</font>,
oh...why sweat,yr hubby nervous?

<font color="0077aa">MayKel</font>,
re:FB.
I also just join the FB. had gone to the introduction of premmiee, think it is useful to read who is who there.

re:jab.
tot 6 in 1 is 4 doses up to 18mth (last dose).

what's the purpose of MCT oil? for brain development?

oops, what is STOMA?

re:insurance.
my hubby 's frenz who is a Finanical consultant(FC) introdce the latest plan - vivo life fr NTUC so we bought the insurance for HX.

<font color="119911">gingal</font>,
oh, yr 'auntie' reporting to u so soon...sian right....hope mine won't be so soon. my bm also decreasing liao.

<font color="0077aa">kkf</font>,
wow, u so tall wor....only realise when i read yr introduction to premmier in FB that dash was born in Raffles. raffles hospital ex wor....why choose Raffles?

yup...that's why how I wish per days got 48hrs....

hmm..why u dun ask doc for yr son's heart condition? pay consultant, must ask till worth the $$..:p

<font color="119911">bloom</font>,
hmm..jab? u got book appt or not. if so, shd not be any Q one.

<font color="0077aa">*************************************</font>
2549483.jpg

(see my Mr Botak - Cry like 'murder' during hair shaving and 2nd photo show that he finally displayed his golden smile during his happy hrs in the morning.)
<font color="0077aa">*************************************</font>

Hi Afcai

wah..really siong for feeding man..my ger past 2 days oso no appetite..cannot finish her 60ml..then we realise tat is becos of the teat..just change her teat as the old teat already distorted n milk start to flow out during feeding..latex teat really dun last leh..but scared change to silicone she not used to it..1 wk+ already distorted liao..

my ger is jolie...=)

my mum come n help me in the afternoon..help me to bathe bb..when my hubby is overseas, she will stay overnite at my place...

fri checkup will be jolie's virgin outing..haha

yah..my gynae checkup is unsubsized rate..usually i go for pte suite..but this fri i will go to clinic B as pte suite timing dun suit me

yah..gd tat she lend to me..now another colleagues lend me her pigeon battery operated pump..50ml need 1/2 hr to pump..timing much longer as compared to Medela pump but at least go out can use as use batteries only

now i still on ML, so still have milk...tink go back to office oso hard liao..so now stock up my reserve 1st..

yah...PIS is very gd..the 2nd pump is more for going out to use n maybe use at hm when i start my work..then i dun need to bring PIS everyday hm..

re:suplement.
my ger is 2 drops of ferrum..once per day..

tink my "cloud" on the bottle is the combination of the powder n MCT oil..
really hate MCT oil..now my hand oso have the oily smell..
the new bottle which i start to use a few days ago..start to form clouds liao..i have been using hot water to wash..but still cannot prevent the formation of the clouds..

re:combine ebm.
cfm no fresh milk for jolie when i m back to work..so now just give watever i can give..

re:dispoable bottle.
i didnt use glass bottle cos i read tat the nutrient ( white blood cells antibotics) will cling on to the glass bottle if i m going to give the milk to bb within a few hrs after pump..as for storage, i lazy to sterilise..so all use disposable bottle or milk bag..

re:height.
of cos overweight lah...haha

Hi Mums and Daddy

Anyone using Nuk bottle? i seems to have problem with the Nuk bottle milk flow..my ger seems to be sucking but the milk in the bottle reduce slowly..last time she can complete the milk quite fast but now take ages..i dun know is my bottle/teat problem or she is not sucking well..already change teat liao..condition improve abit but still not as gd as last time..any advice fr Nuk bottle user?thanks

Lin, my gal used to be on nuk, yes, agree, takes ages to suck...then change to avent, and she sucks fast. now still on avent.

Think it is a transition period for babies not to drink much milk. Last time my violet also like that, and i was sooo worried, brought her to see several doctors, now much better.

afcai, asked liao, but the kkh cardio doctor did not say much. Anyway, dash is seeing him for once a year only...we asked him before whether he can do exercises, he said can, after patching up of hole, like everything also can, but as parents we still worry mah...

Dash was borned raffles, but after 3 days he was shifted to KKH due to his premature birth. My gynae was from raffles, thats why dash was borned in raffles.

Lin_29 weeker, are you still following up with cardio doctor now?

btw, most of us mummies who gave birth will be overweight, not to worry. I am overweight too leh.

Slowly lar to shed off the weight we gain over pregnancy.

hi mums n dads,

i'm new to this thread. I just delivered a 33-wk prematured boy. PD mentioned he'll needs to be in nicu roughly 2 weeks. Am worried abt the charges.

wonder anyone here knows how much it would costs for Mt A nicu 2 weeks' stay there? tks.

Hi David,

agreed that its better to bring them home early if possible. If you look at the pics I posted on FB, you will noticed that they will put on weight faster at home due to our tender loving care. Not that the nurses not good, but sometimes they have their hands full.

Hui(Grace hui),

i m not sure if any of the babies born here were from mt a?..why dun u call their billing dept and get a rough estimate?thk they wld be able to give you a better idea on your bill estimate..

hi hui,

my ger was born in mt a @34-wk, stayed in NICu for abt 2.5wks then antoher 0.5wks in nursery. the total bills came up to abt $15k. that's b4 medisave deduction. but i was q lucky, as in my ger do not need to b in special incubator, as she can breath normal air. hope this info helps.

Hi kkf..

Avent dun have latex teats rite? dun know my ger will use to it or not..she never eat..how to grow..haiz..

no..i dun followup with any cardio now..i assume i m fully recovered..=)

Hi all,

Just started my Domperidone, hopefully it helps, my boys are increasing the feeds and i cannot cope as i have to feed n store..

Currently my boys are doing fine except Josiah as usual with the chronic lung changes, still need to be on ventilator and cannot wean off as his oxygen requirement is still high.

They all all above 1kg now finally, Mattias currently weighin 1140g, Josiah as of last few days weight was 1108g, Jeriel 1015g.

Hope they can grow bigger and healthy and go to HD you guys so called SCN.

sam,

well done. hope the supply ups soon.

Afcai,

do you mean to say you managed to get the vivo life insurance for your premmie? Sorry i can't catch up with all the posts so i thought i would clarify. Cos we have been trying for so long but no insurer wants to insure.

hi costa,
tks.

disneymickey,
my boy does not need any special equipment as well. thanks for your info. at least it ease some load off my mind. is the bill quite recent? dun mind me asking: how much do u need to pay cash after medisave deduction?

Hi Ladies,

Re: Insurance
If you are still working, some company do provides insurance coverage for your children by paying the additional premium. That's what i did. I pay addition premium to insure my boy through my company insurance. Don't need to declare anything. May be can check with your company benefits?

Hi Sam,
Happy for you to hear all your boys reach 1kg mark already. Jia you! They will be promoted to SCN very soon.

Hi Afcai,
Your boy with botak head looks very cute le, like his smile too
happy.gif
. I am also going to bring my boy to shave his hair too at 4 months.

Hi David,
My boy gain weight quite well after going home. He gained like 1.9kg in 6+ weeks time. He is already 4kg now, compare to 2.08kg when discharge on 22 Apr. It's the best to take care of Danya at home. I am sure you can do it very well, with such a caring dad and mum. Btw, Danya looks very good now. I am sure she will be a very pretty lady when she grows up
happy.gif

Hi Lin,
What brand of bottle did you used? I used the medela bottle, even with the MCT oil, manage to clean it quite well with the pureen bottle cleaner.

Hi Sam

Good to hear that ur boys are progressing well..dun be stress..u will have overflowing milk soon..

Hi Afcai

ur boy looks cute..chubby cheeks..=)

Hi Cale

I am using Nuk bottle..as the Nuk bottle become "cloudy"..i bought 2 more pigeon bottle to try out..now start to be "cloudy" liao oso..i tink the "cloud" is form by the powder supplements n the MCT oil..i m using pureen bottle cleaner n hot water oso..but still cannot make it..

Hi Mums,

Thanks for all the advice. We will try to prepare ourselves mentally so we are able to manage Danya what she is back.

This evening, I fed Danya. She was sleepy. When I fed her, she desat. Danya continue to sleep, me and Diana try so hard to wake her up. Her face color really change. Fear strike deeply into my heart. I felt so lousy that I still can't manage Danya well.

Well, let fight another day. I shall take the challenge of feeding her again tomorrow.

Lin,
i came across this bottle brush "Sassy" brand at metro sale a few days ago, it's bristles are silicon.. maybe with this friction can help wash your NUK bottles better? It apparently does not abrase the plastic unlike normal bottle brushes. I thought this is not a bad idea hor! i should have used it last time! now my bottles are so badly scratched and i can't be bothered to do anything about it..

afcai,

Jerlynn went for her 2nd shave liao...keke now she is botak all over again...! Same as the prevous time, she just sleepily let the stylist shave...Phew!

David, not to worry, danya is a real fighter. she will learn to feed well, and go home soon!!

I also had the angelcare monitor...haha. i think as premature babies parents, we are sort of used to the monitors in nicu/scn, so we got this to ease our minds. For my girl violet born 34 weeks, I did not use...heee, only used on my boy 27 weekers...

gingal, i also feel like shaving violet's hair leh, she is like bor tak now, so might as well shave off all hair. haha.but my mum doesn't agree...violet really looks like a boy!

afcai, yesterday I felt giddy again! so sianz...worse it was while i brought dash to zoo phonics holiday program, and waiting for him to end, and suddenly i just felt giddy. real giddy...sigh. dunno whats wrong with this stupid body of mine. I had to call my hubby to come fetch dash home, while i quickly took a cab back to rest.

I really wonder whether there is anything wrong with me!

Sam, congrats! ur boys are over 1kg...it is only a matter of time that they reach 2kgs!

Lin29_weeker, oh u dun have to see cardio liao? good good. i was wondering when my boy can stop seeing...haha. cause he is on yearly check. then your chest also has a scar? cause some people with holes in heart just need to insert dunno wat to close the holes...

kkf, are you better now?did you do to the doctor...are you anaemic?

take care..u nd your health to take care of your kids...

hui,

my ger is 3yr+ now. she was born in feb2006. after deducting medisave, i think we need to pay abt $3k-$4k. sorry, it has been q some time, so i cant rem exactly the amt. but shld b abt there. u know,the cost in NICU is v high initially, when there's tubes, etc attached to her. but when she's juz staying there to gain more weight, the cost drop q drastically.

glad i can help u. though may not b much. i was intially planning to deliver in TMC. but due to my pre-eclampsia, i knew my bb will b premature. my gynae did ask if i would like to deliver in KKH, cos the cost will b lower. but i would rather hav her with me. she can only go to mt a, mt e, TMC &amp; glenagles. so i called up all 4 hospitals, spoke to the admin, check out the cost per day in NICU. oso spoke to the pd, ask him to estimate how long bb will need to stay in hospital. so in the end, concluded that mt a is the cheapest among 4, so we switched.

re: pump
i used 2models for my #1 baby. one of em was medela swing. thk its not gd enuff either. so far my view is that only medela PIS is gd enuff prem mums for medela series. other brands I dunno. for #2 baby, was engorged.swing didnt help at all to pump it out. with Swing, I only got 10-30ml still engorged.so I went TMC, they use PIS there - I managed get 210 ml out. nurses there commented swing not as gd as PIS. their advise is to buy PIS and sell off later.its esp impt for prem mums coz tend pump all day/nite..

I am pretty sure that 1 factor why I couldnt get more milk is my pump.the pump I used only meant for 3x daily but I pump >=6x daily. didnt kno till too late milk supply drop. it not strong enuff to sustain milk supply. Still regret not buying PIS/heavy duty pump during my girl's babytime.

bloom,david
me same as bloom. hosp bills, medisave all i pay. yes still sore till now coz wipe out. well, thk the hosp autoduduct coz i was the one that register. hubby keep quiet abt wat i paid. just before #2 born, I make noise so used his medisave for #2. of coz that will never match what I paid for premature. wonder why he keep quiet as its his child too. this i will never understand..

david
jiayou! some days are harder, some days are better - Danya is going on strong still, take care

kkf,
Shave loh...Jerlynn's hair also dropped so much and turned out patchy, so we went for 2nd shave..not as though shaving might help the growth, but she looks better in botak style than "lau ah pek" hair...heard that the drop of hair is due to hormonal changes, just like us, after 3rd month of giving birth will drop hair, they too...will last til 6mth-1year old before their hair start growing normally bah...

Ppl says Baby girl who looks like boy next time will be very pretty...haha console ourselves bah...
happy.gif

disneymickey,
thank you so much for all the info. really helps alot.

need advise from mummies here who r expressing breastmilk for your bbs:
how do u store your breastmilk? currently, i'm using glass bottles from the hospital to store bm. but its taking up alot of space in my freezer as my boy not drinking so much yet.

1. is it advisable that i just express n throw away the BM, since when my boy gets discharge, i'll prob latch-on n give him fresh milk?

2. Or i still store the expressed bm? but how to store if freezer not enough space?

3. i saw alot of mummies using milkbags. which is best? how to choose between the different brands?

comments greatly appreciated. tks.

hey all, sorry for not posting for so long... back to work already cos i'm intending to save my 2 mths of maternity leave if ah boy *touchwood* needs to go for surgery...

jabs:
anyway, thanks for informing me that kk does provide jabs!! wow kk din even tell me that... the scn nurses insisted that we have to go outside for jabs. really angry...

sam:
babies are brave and strong!! congrats for reaching the magic 1 mark!!! jia you jia you!! btw, i also took domperidone to increase my milk ss... works really well for me until i latch on and bb actually sucks out more and is v overwhelmed with the milk flowing... 1 thing though, i dun take it everyday as i dun want to rely on it. wat i do is just drink more h2o and then pump more often and longer. hope it helps!!

hui:

just to see if it answers ur qns as this is the 3 time i'm bfing (this is my 3rd kid):

1. is it advisable that i just express n throw away the BM, since when my boy gets discharge, i'll prob latch-on n give him fresh milk?
- not advisable. in case u need to go back to work, this will be your back up stash. assuming bb drinks 3 bottles a day when u are at work, in case u can't rush back in time for 4th feed, u still have milk for bb's 4th feed as standby. also, in case u are on ot, then this milk also comes handy.

2. Or i still store the expressed bm? but how to store if freezer not enough space?
- storing if not enuff space could be done by storing in milk bags. another option is if ur caretaker for bb when u go back to work is willing, u can actually ask if store at their place. my mum tho not bb's caretaker now, is willing to let me tompang in her fridge. what i do is i freeze at work place then on fridays, i bring all to my mum's place.

3. i saw alot of mummies using milkbags. which is best? how to choose between the different brands?
- Avent used to carry v strong and gd milkbags until recently they intro the via cups (takes up more space= not gd!!). Currently, I'm using Playtex and find that its quite gd too.
Pros:
- strong despite the vol it can hold.
- doesn't leak easily when transferring to milk bottles.
- warms milk readily as heat passes throu readily.

Cons:
- slightly expensive (bot @ motherhood fair 19.73 for 100pcs)
- difficult to find (first few years selling in kkh)

other brands i have tried include
- Medela (expensive but gd... )
- first few years (not really gd thou it can stand in the fridge. leaks easily and also plastic gives off smell when heating up milk.)
- Ameda (v gd but ex...)

hope it helps!

david:
danya is really cute!! not to worry that u won't be able to handle and dun think so much... just get her home and u'll definitely be able to handle her... in fact better than the nurses!! believe and dare to achieve!! danya can do it!!

Hi Hui,

When my babies were in NICU, the nurses asked me to split my milk into smaller bags so as reduce wastage. So I opt for the cheapest, which is blue egg. A mummy gave me the contacts. I remember it was around $6 a box then. Not sure whats the price is now.

Now that my babies are taking more, I use Lansinoh, more value for money. I buy from the overseas bulk purchase.

Hi xbliss

I willgo n take a look at the brush..thanks...=)

Hi kkf..

yah..i see cardio doc for a long time liao..tink after pri, i dun see liao..yah..my chest have a scar..so cannot wear low cut clothes...haha

Hi day-C..
yah..PIS is a gd pump..using that now..fast n good..if going to pump for some time..it is really a gd investment...tink a few mths can get ROI liao..especially for premmies who are going to take neosure ( which is exp oso)..now KKH the 1st few yrs is selling old model at $500+...i tink is a gd buy for those who are interested..

Hi gks_mummy..

is the playtex milk linen supposed to be powdery?i bought 1 box fr KKH 1st few yrs..the linen are powdery..in the end, i dare not use...

lin,

i think its the dust, but just wipe it before u store... should be ok as long as the inside of it is not exposed or opened.

btw mummies and daddies, PIS is the Ferrari of all breast pumps ahhahah... cos I've been using the pump since my first ger (5 years ago) till my 3rd baby now and have neva gone for servicing. will say that the suction and everything is very gd compared to a manual one which i used before. if u calculate the $$ spent on formula, this is definitely much worth the investment.

hi gks mummy, tigger,
thanks for your input. i'm a sahm n this is my 2nd kid. for 1st kid, i fully latch on, so i never store any bm. but from last experience, my boy latchon to sleep, so i have a tough time weaning him off when i'm pregnant with no. 2. so now, thinking of pumping n feeding no. 2. so am asking abt storing n milkbags. your info helps alot.

but i came to know there's ziplock n non-ziplock bags. so if non-zliplock type, how many sealing clips do i need to buy? N where is the cheapest?

i also found out from a mummy aft frozen, can remove the clip, then put on the clip again when thawing to prevent spill, for this process, will the BM be contaminated by other foods in the freezer?

tks.

hi guys..
'siong' week for me..my helper cut her finger so i have to take over the chores..sigh..plus Maddy fell down in the bathroom...super busy..

btw, i have 2 bottles of avent massage oil.. not open yet.. anybody doing massage for baby? i can pass to you..maddy won't stay still for massage.. she doesn't know what she missing out...

oh.. i used medela and first years milk bags..

Hi hui,

No offence but I dun really like Blue Egg Bags, the plastic wall not strong and cannot freeze too long...Freeze more than a week or 2, the milk will have plastic smell...I only use them to bring to KKH when Jerlynn still in hospital, cos cheap mah...

Used Medela and First Years Bags before, they are tons better, wall strong and milk won't have weird smell. Now I dun use storage bags, I use AVENT VIA Cups, as I do not have alot excess to store anymore, as baby gets older, the demand gets higher and thus not enough milk to store liao...now I store for 2 days supply only so I can pass them to my MIL when she takes care of her during weekends...

Grace,

How is Maddy? bathroom very dangerous wor, must becareful...

hmmm.. i tot I posted this msg y'day....luckily, i type in notepad and save if not...I faintz..

<font color="0077aa">Lin</font>,
hmm..siong kept on changing teats. me still stick to teats no matter how slow is my boy feeding. now, his feeding improve, can drink 125ml of ebm within 10-15mins. if super hungry type, will take less than 10 mins but will suck till leak.

ok, name nice nice...I saw the name in FB liao.

oh good, at least got helper if not jialat....

hmm..can go clinic B one meh....what 's the different betw clinic B and A? cos, my postnal Hamerrage checkup is at clinic B (discharge fr there fr the same doc who saw me during my admission).

hmm ppls said battery operated not strong leh. me never tried battery one, always use electric one, scared what IF pump until halfway, battery flat...then jialat...touch woods.

re:bm.
better to stock up. cos stress will reduce milk. will u be cutting down the pumping then? I already cut down to 4 times a days in mid may liao.

re:supplement.
my boy got 3 drops once per day. at the beginning, think ferrum is heaty so after consuming it, his crying is hoarse. so then we did not give him daily. but now he ok liao.

MCT oil smell nice or not?? hmm..maybe u ask advice fr pharmacist or doc any effecient way to get rid of the cloud.

re:combine bm.
yeah, just make sure no expiry ebm.

re:disopsable.
oh...me first time know that ebm contain in glass bottle got the nutrient ( white blood
cells antibotics) will cling on to the glass bottle. hmm....but then why is the pre-prepared fm in hospital in glass bottle wor?

<font color="0000ff">kkf</font>,
hmm..tot Avent teats shd be harder than NUK?

oic...think maybe dun overstress him, everything do moderate will do. next time, he goes schooling must tell the teacher to take note of him.

oh...no wonder, seldom ppls go raffless to deliver (last mth, Lee Jing mei only gave birth there).

re:giddy
low blood pressure or lack of slp are main cause loh. i only felt breathless (doc asked me if I got ashma, I told her no. my col who dun have developed one after few mths of delivery) and head heavy. did you go to see doctor?

did u rest or eat more 'pu'? do take care, yr kids still need u....we mummies CANNOT collapes. even how hard it is also must 'tong'.

<font color="119911">David</font>,
haa...thks thks. I simply luv to sow his head now.

<font color="119911">hui</font>,
hmm..why not ttf yr premature bb to kkh? private hosptial ex leh.

re:store milk.
me also store in glass bottles fr hospital. yup, intially, I also have storage problem cos my boy dun drink much. now, finally after 3mth later, he started to clear my freezer. of cos, his jie jie also helped me to clear the frozen ebm.

wow, wasted wor....pump and throw. err..ask hubby to drink say bb so smart know mummy's brand milk precious...haa..or else, use for facial or wash feet rather than pump and throw. so heartpain.I supported what andrina wrote. heard that blue egg milkbag is much cheaper. can get it fr BP.

how is yr bm supply?? that time think Jas got mentioned use storage trays. more compartable.

<font color="0077aa">xbliss</font>,
yeah yeah. my boy got 1 vivo life insurance (whole life plan) fr NTUC. had just checked with hubby that his vivo life insurance still pending to be approve since last mth. our Financial consultant (FC) is chasing the NTUC cos this vivo life insurance got some promotion. think insure $100k or whatever can get $80 NTUC voucher. we kept chasing after them. now my FC is checking on it.

I just told my hubby that how come we dun need submit any clearance fr neonatal doc. dunno why...all we submitted is only a photocopy of his health booklet - the few front pages and the jab given.
for for the medical insurance - my medishield plus, my boy got a free medicial coverage. in fact, as long as both parents bought this medishield plus, kids (reglardless to how many) will get FOC medicial coverage. so both of my kids got the FOC coverage.

pai seh, initally, I tot vivo life insurance has been approved but asked my hubby again, he said still pending.

<font color="119911">Cale</font>,
thks thks. ai-yo, he cry like 'murder' during shaving unlike his jie jie when 4mth, luv to shave hair, kept smiling at herself in the mirror.

<font color="0000ff">gingal</font>,
wow, shave J again?her hair very long? I did hear ppls saying that bb 4mth or mum after birth will drop hair. err...but those does not apply to me and my kids. ai-yo..she so heavy sleeper?? so super gd gar wor.....just opp fr my cow prince.

hmm I agreed, even bb gal like like boy, next time,chance of having no#2 will be boy.

<font color="119911">disneymickey</font>.
hmm..yr gar early 06 bb. my gar hor opp yr end bb. ppls already 3 yr + etc...my gar has not.

hmm...just curious to ask why u dun want to ttf yr deliver at KKH?

<font color="0077aa">day-c</font>,
wow,a lot of different between medela swing and PIS wor....

re:bills
for my first kid, I pay. but force hubby to pay for my no#2 (of cos, antental checkup I pay bec using CSC card mah) which is more ex.yeah,usually, hubby will kept quiet when come to bill. haa initially, we wanted to try tmc (try for third option cos kept on bleeding fr day 1 mah) and when he foot 2 bills costing $200+ each, he said better to switch to kkh then.

<font color="0077aa">mummies,
ask u, do u start yr kid on solid food based on corrected age or current age??

my boy will be 6mth (non-corrected age) next mth, pondering shd I start him on solid. I forgotten to ask neonatal doc (can ask for me cos my boy next checkup is in Sept only). I did ask the polyclinic doc and doc said can.
</font>

<font color="119911">Grace</font>,
how's maddy? bathrm slippery wor...I always scolded my no#1 cannot go bathrm alone.

gingal,
i haven't bought any milk bags yet. am still comparing between the price n its function. but so far i've seen mummies selling brands like playtex, avent, lansinoh, blue egg, haven't seen medela &amp; the first years, else must be they are far too expensive, or prob i've ruled them out of my list already. I'll most prob buy n try out first n see how it goes..

tks mummies for your contributions.

afcai,
i saw your nick in dec 06 thread. as my 1st boy also born in dec 06... i delivered at mt A, never tot of trfing my nb to kkh as no one mentioned anything abt trf. but since he's there n dun need much assisted equipment, so jus leave him there. but he's expected to be able to discharged tmr already.. currently my nb is drinking 38ml only. N i'm pumping 3-4hrly with each pump abt 120ml. so its more than enough. N since i'm a sahm, am thinking might latch him when he's home, so when hubby says to save the trouble of sterilising, jus pump n throw lor. so thats what i did to the midnight pumps to quickly get back to sleep.

grace,
my boy also slipped in bathroom few times, later we bought those anti-slip bathmats from DIY stores to cover the floor, also tell him abt the danger of wet floors, think it helps.

Afai
just checcked on my record. I gave Maddy cereal when she was 8 months old ( corrected at 4 months). She took 2 months to respond to eating..but once she turned 1 (non corrected), i gave her everything ie. eggs, cakes etc..

hui
don't throw the milk away.. you never know when you need it. i threw the milk away initialy too cos lazy to sterilize.. but there was once i caught a flu.. no choice got to take the frozen ones to use.

Maddy is fine.. heng ah.. else.. think my head will roll down the street..

Hi afcai

wah..125ml of ebm within 10-15mins super gd leh..mine 60ml need abt 20-30min liao..sometimes drink 1/2 way sleep..n now she may not wait for 3 hr then cry for milk..suga suga 2 hrs then cry for milk..cry until no voice like tat n mouth keep moving..now hard to predict her milk demand so i cannot use my JIT system liao..haha

dun know leh..when i say make appt with my gynae Dr Han..then they will direct me to clinic B or TPS..must see which timing suit me..haha

yah..cant expect batteries operated pump to be as powerful as electical 1..just get my fren who works in phillps to help me buy the avent ISIS electrical pump..40% discount for staff..after discount n GST..abt $220..havent gotten fr her yet...hope tat 1 can make it..that pump is supposed to be 3-in-1..can be manual, electrical n batteries operated..any1 use b4?gd?

re:bm.
now i pump 5-6 times..since my ger dun drink tat much so i have alot of stock..very stress on the storage space oso..but scared if dun pump, milk supply drop n next time she need to drink more..then i jialat..pump oso die..dun pump oso die..but i now dun pump in the middle of nite liao..no strength..feed her oso want to sleep liao..dun say pump...
btw, ur boy how "old" liao?he drink so much milk now?tink if my ger drink 125ml..my current supply cannot meet..tat is wat i scared of...tat y dare not reduce my no of pumps

re:supplement.
yah..i went checkup yesterday..the doc oso say ferrum may cause constipation oso...
let the dietician see my cloudy bottle yesterday..she say is ok..she suggest to feed direct for MCT oil..but my ger dun like..so will stick to putting it into milk..bo bian...

re:disopsable.
this is wat i know fr my colleagues..n i found wedsite infor on tat oso..if u put the milk in fridge, it doesnt matter anymore as the antibodies are killed anyway..so maybe tat y, kkh can use tat cos most of the time the milk which bb drank are fridge milk not fresh milk..
http://www.breastfeed-essentials.com/storagehandling.html

hi all mummies n daddies

wanna check with u all..do you all attend to ur bb once they cry?
for the past few wks since she is discharged..we attend to her immediately when she cry..n now we feel she is too pampered liao..imagine middle of the nite, after drinking her milk, sometimes she still want me to carry her n walk ard..when i put her back to her cot, she wake up n cry like nothing...tink she is pampered liao..now i on ML still can like tat entertain her..go back to work then no strength to do tat liao..
wanted to train her liao..dun attend to her immediately when she cry..then hopefully she will stop the crying..but since she is premmies, will it be dangerous to do tat?i know alot of parents do tat for full term bb esp when they want to stop the feed in the middle of nite..

wanna check with you all also..the ferrum n pro vitamin is not "under" the dietian?when i ask her, she say she dun know..then we shld ask the neonetal on this 2 supplements? understand that the MCT oil, carboric n protein powder will expire once we open them for 1 mth..does it apply the same for the other 2 supplements?

Lin29
Ferrum and Multi vit expiry date is printed on the bottle or box (can't recall), they need not be discarded after a month. My girl was on Ferrum and multi vit then. Dietician prescribed carboric n protein powder before. She had MCT oil during her long stay at NICU. No more after discharge. Ferrum is actually iron that's why it caused constipation.
happy.gif

afcai
My boy used to see the KKH dietician due to his poor weight gain. They have advised that the previous way of weaning was to intro different types of foods (e.g. fruits, veg then meat) at 6 months. However, I was told there is a new method to wean which is to start after bb completes 7 months, and there is no longer any restriction on type of food (can give anything), but as with all new foods, you will have to intro only 1 at a time to rule out any allergy issues lah.

My own experience is that some premies might take longer to adapt to semi solids, so i started my boy on a bit of semi solids after he completed corrected age 6 months. But i din use commercially prepared foods. I homemade everything for freshness and stuck to organic sources. It took him about 2 months before he got used to semi solids lor. So i guess starting early is no harm. Like Lin, once he reached 1 yr old, we try to expose him to more tastes to whet his appetite since he weight gain always so poor! now still! i already "sacked" the dietician cos i find it pointless! ha!

Hi Sam,

Below is how DOC calculate CA.

Correct Age = Current Age - Full Team Age(40 weeks)

Doc will do another assessment on our fighters during first visit after their discharge.

CA = 42wks+6days - 40 wks = 2wks+6days

thanks! costa, i think i am giddy due to never sleep well. Will wake up in the middle of night and can't fall asleep...sigh...

Going to be morning session when school reopens, dunno how to teach...

afcai, saw doctor before but doctor suan me lor said "since u had the this breathless prob (yah had it for quite some time) for so long and u can still get thru the whole pregnancy, so I dun see any problem)...damn doctor.

afcai, I also haven't start solid food yet, though padetrician said 4 months can start...but i may try soon, as violet is going to be 5 months liao...so since she is a 34 weekers, should roughly be 4 months corrected already (if she is born 38 weeks, thats how i count, haha).

Hi Grace, glad that maddy is ok...my boy also slipped here slipped there...hahaha...anyway, even if he doesn't slip, he will still knock here knock there.

Lin29, can't help u, cause my gal also like that! haha...she can't lie down one, she will scream, she always wants to be carried, and makes lots of noise cry and cry before sleeping and drinking milk. I tell u she is really a tough baby to handle! Even my mum raises white flag...so I can never handle her with my boy together. I will usually put my boy in childcare, and handle her, or dumps her with my in laws and handle my boy.

dayC nice to see u back! busy busy busy? how's ur boy? more active liao? heeheehee...

Hui, erm, sorry after giving birth, my memory failing...how many weekers is your boy?

andrina, sorry, my memory also failing again, how many weekers is your baby too?

Aiya, we should update our table liao...hmm...nana where are you??hee...

hi kkf,
i only joined this thread last week, so its not your memory failed, its u dun know me. haha.. my son is 33weeker.

nana,
u updating the table? haha... long time no see u too.

Oh, your son is 33 weekers? my gal is 34 weekers.
happy.gif
how big is your son when born? just need to stay for a while right? my gal is 2.778kg needs to stay for 5 days.

kkf,
keke.. violet sounds like my bryan! he also keep wanting to be carried. after i got the sarong, i got peace. i really din mind paying more for the electricity used by the automatic sarong lor! it saved my life!!!!!!

Back