Premature babies support group

Hi Jas,

When Xavier is back home, more PIC please. Remember, must meet up leh. The 2 warriors fight together almost the same time leh.

Danya will come home first when she reach 2kg. 2.5kg, back to KKH for her STOMA closure.

Hi Sam,

Long time no hear. How's our 3 warriors? Remember the MOTTO, " FIGHT HARD, FIGHT STRONG".

morning all,
so long nev come in, so many posts to catch up.

david,
cute cute danya..let her 'practice' more, she'll b able to take the bottle well.. esp when she's bigger. or u can feed in intervals.. so tat she can 'rem' to breathe.

kkf,
hope dash & violet recovers soon.

precious,
dun worry, ws is only 11kg..like Angel, skinny girl. but A maybe like u la, skinny, 苗条

sorry, mommies, if i hav missed anyone out. cos this is a bz wk at work & i'm oso a bit sick..sorethroat..anyway, quick update, brought ws to the stamp museum last fri & cycling @ECP on sun. museum not v interesting but cycling is nice..can't post pics here cos pics 2 big. can go my FB & c
happy.gif

grace...wow... brave little maddy! dont panic so much re the nose drop... afterall, after first dosage the seal will still be opened..just be on the lookout for any signs of discomfort on maddy's end...

sam, agree with precious one... not sure abt ur case.but any family (siblings etc) that can help out financially if interest free loan is not possible?

preciousbaby, r u having complications? if no, then dont have to worry. ur bbs will sense ur worrying and grow up grouchy :p

jas, congrats on xavier coming back soon! ahahah.. u r so addicted to internet..first time must be internet connection :p : P :p

costa, sunday advert? where???? wow.. the tmc nicu nurses realy sounds nice...

gingal..ahaha..its time u setup webcam for ur parents so that they can view jerlynn 24x7 :p :p :p afcai is different mah..she got 2 kids.... jerlynn always look so cute in the pictures.. does not look like a premmie at all... my gal is under incomeshield too... i got it cos its the cheapest :p

david.. i cannot stand u .. u r such a superb daddy and hb... tell u something (i am sore till now re this)... i am the one that foot my own and my gal's H's bills using my medisave.... he only foot abit using cash... so u r one GOOD HB in my eyes!!!!!

Lin, ever think of adoption?
happy.gif

bloom,
it was on the saturday's newspaper advertisement for tmc....hows yr ger?hv been really busy with work and hardly come here nowadays..

David
aiyo, your Danya is so so sweet....feeling like carrying her too
happy.gif

My HB also MCP but not in $$ lei.... I believe many mummies here envy Diana who has such Super Nice Husband.

afcai
Errrr, then A was a 38 weeker, it looked painful to me having BIG tubes sticking out of neck on a small baby.....but she didn't tell me lei...the whole sight looked scary to a number of visitors who walked passed her room then. It was also very hard to carry her with all the tubes on her, have to be careful.

dm
Saw WS' latest photo in your facebook...she is growing prettier and prettier...

Jas
Take care yeah...try ways to stay connected, ok
happy.gif

Danya so sweet!!! She is going to give you lots of giggles and smiles at home with that cheeky look!

Some pics of our recent HK trip (a reward for bryan since he tried very hard to walk and finally he did at 18 months!)

2523955.jpg

captivated by the bubble blowing pooh which costs $30

2523956.jpg

he adores the poster at home.. but real life wise...

2523977.jpg

cleaning the railings and glass of "the peak"...

Hi

yah..have to focus on my ger 1st..at least she is 2 yrs old n everything is stable then i will tink of another kid..but by then i not young liao...haha..abit regretted shld have plan for bb earlier..i married for 4 yrs then plan for bb..tot having bb is easy..in the end,the pregnancy is not smooth..really ren shuan bu ru tian shuan...

re: bill.
dun tink LC is chargable..unless we purposely request for 1..KKH is very pro BF..so dun tink they will anyhow charge us..

re:latch on cum bm.
yah..sometimes i get my mum to feed..when i online..hahah...so far my hubby only help to feed 2 times..i try to make my milk system JIT (Just In Time), i will pump abt 1/2 hr before her next feed..the stress part is when she wake
up earlier than expected..this few feeds she has been doing that..sleep awhile then wake up n cry n want pple to carry her..my mum say she big liao..want pple to carry liao..tink my JIT system need to change liao..

re:spotting.
tink i will write email to check with my gynae before the checkup..

re:payment cum followup.
i will bring my BB BC along on that day..thanks

re:nursing rm.
i will call n checkup with them...my ger has 4 checkup on that day n i will be doing my gynae checkup on the same day..so most pro i will be in KKH fr 9am+ - 3/4pm..so have to tink of ways to feed my ger..somemore her checkup is 1 checkup after 1 checkup..not much break in between n with the Queuing..i dun know have time to latch on or not..she latch on need at least 1/2 hr n dun know can dong how long..pump i just need abt 15min..faster n easier..

re:insurance.
Avia insurance sounds gd..still got cover kids..i will try NTUC income 1st..if cannot, i will try check up with my fren who is a finanical consultant

the doc do give me injection/drip to stop contraction..but still no use..=(

Hi Jas

yah..i m doing bottlefeed most of the time..cos my bb is impatient n everytime after latch on,both she n i will be in a mess..somemore i need to add supplements ( 5 types ) into her BM..so bottlefeed is better..but go out then jialat liao loh..going to KKH for checkup next fri..now have to tink of ways to feed her liao...

RE: PREGNANCY EXPERIENCE
is really not easy to conceive..after conceive, not easy to have a smooth pregnancy..afterall everything is fated...everything has been planned..so we can just follow God's plan

Hi bloom..

no..i never think of aboption..just try..tink everything is fated...

Hi Mums..

Do u have ur 5-in-1 or 6-in-1 injection in KKH?better to have tat in KKH or outside PD?

do you have MCT oil for bb BM supplements? does your bottle has oil strain after that..the oil strain is so hard to wash away n now the bottle looks so disgusting..any way which we can wash away the oil strain? still need to take the oil for 1 mth, tink will change new bottle after we can stop the MCT oil...

Lin,
i always pour hot water into the bottle to let the MCT float to the top. Then i pour it all out and its slightly easier to clean. U have to use bb detergent to clean twice sometimes after that. yes, i totally hate the MCT. why don't you feed bb directly as what they suggested to me? though i dun dare to try, but i think should be no harm cos i tasted myself and tot it was ok.

Hi Xbliss..

I have used hot water n bb bottle cleanser to clean liao but still like tat leh..i only use the bottle for 1 wk n it looks so "cloudy" now..

The nurse neber tell me can feed directly leh..she just say put into milk..she suggest to use glass bottle though cos easier to wash..but i read from some website that..the antibodies in BM will more likely to cling to the side of the glass bottle wall than plastic bottle wall if we are to consumed the BM within 2 hrs..becos of tat, i use plastic bottle then..

David,

Danya is so sweet now.. she is looking very good... Think she will be home soon..

Josiah still have some challenges at times especially these few days... but they are not big issues.. Mattias n Jeriel are better and stable... only thing is for them to get fatter...

Wanna post their pics.. but they look so small leh.. sighs..

Grace,

You very lucky leh.... My boys BC no, birth date english n chinese come out but i stoopid leh.. dun know how to choose the numbers when i buy..

re: hosp
yup better stay at hosp have subsidies like KK rather than private.subsidy and neonatal expertise is gd. its worth it in long run. didnt have nice stay in KK for #1 but still it better for baby there and at least finances more manageable for me. tt my opinion anyways.yup TMC nice ;) went there for 2nd birth which not premature.

david
wah danya so big already. smile smile so cheeky ;)

xbliss
congrats on bryan walking! so fast ah 18mth already.. still remember u post his pic when he baby and u say he got brown brown hair hehe

Lin,

My gynae says I'm one of those who will automatically dilate early, next pregnancy will stitch up cervix and will be ok, and my cervix is short. I read about it, might be called something like cervix incompetence...
I was also very paranoid during my 1st trimester...

I was dilated 2cm in week 27, and was put on CRIB in TMC, after a week I requested to go Home and do CRIB on Christmas Day, as I did not further dilate and contractions under controlled, my Gynae agreed...
Another week later, water bag burst and I admit myself in KKH with 6cm dilation and gave birth 20 hours later.

Re: Insurance

My agent also asked mE for a discharge or clearance letter, I rememebered I asked the Neonat before, but she said the agent has to request it directly from her, let them do the work and not us. Then I told my agent, she said cos if they request, they will have to pay the doctor $80 for the letter, most doctors want to earn this $...Then I ask her how? One wants to save this $, one wants to Earn? So in the end, she submitted my application without any letters, but went through the Medical Questionnaire carefully to submit...
Haizzzz MaFan

David,

So good man, If only I have a MCP in Family Finance too! I like OLD SCHOOL type man in this aspect...but not MCP in my freedom...hahaha
So nice to see Danya looking so good now...Wrinkled skin gone and more fats liao esp on the cheeks...keke just like when we all looked back at our pics, so heartwarming...
happy.gif

Give Danya some time, she will master the bottle feeding soon, Lin is right, will have slight drop in weight cos they burn their calories in sucking. Takes alot efforts for them to suck de...

afcai,

Gynae:

My Gynae only at TMC, I am with Dr. AL Lim, he no time to go other places cos his clinic at TMC already soooo many ppl, haha...

Massage:

The Place is YuGuo Chinese Physician at Kembangan - Jalan Masjid.
Yes, she enjoys soooo much, but some babies don't, they will cry and cry... J loves it! Once she massaged til sleep, and we try to wake her up and go home, she also won't wake up, sleep til reach home...
Other times, she will be looking around and smiling to ppl...but still she will make noise alittle when they massage her tummy and back...cos I think they rub hard, and gave her a fright...

U haven bring HX out ah? When U intend too? I brought J out as early as when she was CA 1 mth old, cos I'm afriad too late bring her out, she will be scared...Wann let her get used to noise, lights and strangers...

Head steady:

J not really steady yet, will fall front/back and sides sometimes..keke, think she will be rather slow in this aspect, as her head big and heavy difficult to hold...somemore she hates being on her tummy now, so difficult to train her neck strength.

J does not like anything on her head at Home, but if we dress her up and put on hat and tell her we going out, she is ok with it. Then outside all the way she won't mind the hat at all liao...
If we nvr dress her and put on hat for her, she will not let us do it...and will be really angry... she now always show angry face, i hope next time she does it, I can managed to take a pic...I think she is Fierce...hahahaha

CDA/Baby Bonus:

Eh, why so mafan ah? I no need fill whatever form leh...it was like automatic can use liao...

Stop contractions:

Was on Steriod Jabs for baby's lungs and drips and oral medication to stop contractions and antibiotics to prevent infection...

Jas,

For Xavier's case of not able to control flow of bottlefeeding well, u might wanna try Size Y Pigeon teats...It works like the breast, no suck no flow...

Bloom,

my Dad dunno how to use webcam...hahaha, so mafan stil gotta teach him how to use MSN 1st, then Webcam...he owned his laptop for almost 1 year liao and I dunno if he on it more than 20 times since he bought it anot...Faintzzz!

Whenever he is at my place sees us doing things online, he will go "Wow, can do this ah?" then say wanna teach him, he say "slowly la...no hurry" haizzzz

Hi gingal..

My gynae oso say he will stitch up my cervix if i get pregnant again..anyway,see how..still dun know will get pregnant again or not...

I already have the discharge summary fr KKH but my agent still want a note from the doc stating how is my bb status after discharge..That 1 i need to get from doc during the bb followup checkup liao...

Haiz..really troublesome to buy insurance for my ger..hope everything will be settled soon...but we can get a medishield from CPF insurance for our bb rite? i m waiting for their letter now..but the insurance is rather cheap..$30+ per year..so dun tink will cover much then...

Hi Mums..

When u all express milk out..did u all combine the milk of different timing together? now usually i pump abt 90ml-100ml per pump..my ger is drinking abt 60ml..so left the 30ml..bu san bu si..usually i will throw away..i find it very wasteful..wondering can combine the leftover 30ml with the next pump leftover 30ml then i can give the 60ml for the next feed then...

lin
you can combine the milk. what i do is every night i'll measure and prepare all her milk for the next day. so during feeding time, just take out the milk,heat up and good to feed.

gingal
your gyne didn't deliver your baby? do you get to choose the gyne at kkh then?

Lin,
think you might want to try Pureen brand detergent... somehow it makes more foam. each time we wash those MCT laid bottles, we squirt one squirt into each bottle... wat a waste.. but it saves me from washing and rewashing. I hate MCT oil. We switched to caloric powder after that. U might wanna ask the neonat or pediatrician if you have a follow up.

precious_one,
he is not the gentle kind.. only gentle to his soft toys. He can use pillow/bolster to whack us if he angry... sigh. 18 months is birth age, corrected will be 15 months.

dae_c
ur memory very good leh! yar last time his hair like ang moh.. now become asian lor..
sad.gif
hahah. was hoping his hair stay that color then no need to waste $$ to highlight and dye in future. Powergal always says he looks like korean boy, so i guess his hair will go in that direction in future! But weather is so hot, i have to keep bringing him for haircuts.. which is traumatic for me cos he really cry like nobod's biz..

Hi Grace

Thanks..i will start combining the milk so wont waste the milk..i scared now waste milk wait no milk then jialat..haha

Hi Xbliss
I am using Pureen cleanser now but still wont work..Thanks for ur suggestion...

i will check up with doc for any replacement of MCT oil or not..Caloric powder is the same as caboric powder? 1 of my bb supplement is caboric powder...

Hello Jas and Sam,
Thank you so much for your advise, I will check with my gynae on my progress this Sat and then see how it goes, at this stage, I am still not sure if they are sharing same placenta etc etc, gynae has not informed me yet, 12 weeks on Friday.
Jas - thank you for sharing about the subsidy, will be very useful in case I need it.
happy.gif

Jas, does it mean that it we go to a public hosp on subsidy, we do not get to choose the docs and it will be a different doc at every visit?

Hi preciousbaby

You can still go for specific gynae in public hospital ( non-subsidy type)..if ur bb really premature n need to deliever then you can downgrade to non-subsidy e.g ward C type..if now u start to go public hospital now, this will help you to ensure a place in the hospital NICU if anything happen as they will give the propity to their own patient...
but if u downgraded n deliever in non-subsidy ward,you cant choose the gynae who deliever for you but at least ur routine checkup is still by the gynae you choosen..

Lin,

Yes, U can combine the milk of different timings, but make sure the milk is still at refrigerator and not left in room temperature liao. This is confirmed by Lactation Nurse in KKH. I also used to throw away the remainings and very wasted...Next time u if u supplement with FM, u can also mix FM with the BM...
happy.gif

Grace,

Yupz, no chance to let my Gynae deliver, so I was delivered by the team of MOs in KKH, so many of them came and investigate and help on my case that I also dunno who is in charge...actually is MidWife who delivered and she was really good...so no regrets, though I still hope my next pregnancy my Gynae can deliverf or me, he is a nice old man..keke

Lin,

I'm using Pureen detergent too, and it does wash off the MCT Oil... My bottles are clean...and it is also cheap!

Hi gingal..

Thanks for your information on BM..when u combined the milk..u let ur bb drink in the next feed or freeze that milk?

Do u use any special brush to brush off the oil?
I am using pureen n use the bottle brush to wash off but the bottle is still cloudy leh..below is the picture of my cloudy bottle ( not very clear cos the bottle is transparent n reflective..but the white portion is the cloudy portion which i refer to)

yah..pureen is cheaper..buy fr KKH pureen shop is 2 for $11 rite? last timei bought the pigoen cleanser..is much more exp..1 bottle of pigeon can buy almost 3 bottle of pureen liao...

2528266.jpg

hello mummies and daddy david,

I've been following this thread for some time as my bb is also a preemie. altho he's now ok and at home, however, there are still many times in which we really worry for him.

will like to share that all of us are the most wonderful parents for our kids and throu it all, it's God's gift for us.

As my boy is now bigger, will like to pass down for free 3pcs of mothercare rompers (long sleeve) for free. Anyone who is interested, please pm me. I just bought these 3 rompers in april and is already washed and cleaned.

have a great day ahead!

lin,
once u thaw frozen BM, cannot re-freeze them. like grace, the night b4, i'll bring down some frozen EBM to the bottom of the fridge 4 it 2 b thawed. then in the morning, b4 i went to work, will prepare them into the correct amt in milk bottles ( i have like 6bottles) & bring all to my mom's place, so that she can juz take out 1 bottle each time, warm up & feed.

did u use the bottle cleaner (think it's pigeon brand) 2 clean your bottles? juz use those normal bottle brush & the cleaner 2 clean, it's v clean alrdy.

Hi Lin,

Yes u cannot re-freeze milk that is thawed...Even if u did not them in the first place and is kept at refrigerator, u must not freeze them again.

Hi andrina gina

Welcome to the thread...

hey gingal.

thanks for the welcome...

compared to all of u here,think I'm one of d more fortunate ones liao cos my boi's stay was only for 23 days in SCN (7 days in NICU, after that it was SCN all the way).

however, for those considering kkh, please ask them to update you w all bb's diagnosis before discharge. what happened to me was that they din really tell me that my boi had medical conditions and was rushing for me to discharge. in the end, found out that my boy had inguinal testicles, clicky hip, heart murmur... nightmare but survived it all liao...

Hi gingal n disneymickey

if my milk has not been frozen before..just put in the lower compartment of the 2 door fridge..after combining the previous n current pump milk..i still cannot freeze it?I must keep in the lower compartment of the fridge n let my bb drink within the 24 hrs?sorry for the loh soh cos my milk qty all bu san bu si for almost every pump..

since i m still on ML..if possible i will let bb drink the fresh one n keep the bu san bu si quantity for reserve so need to freeze them if can..

lin,
say for eg, u hav left over 20ml in the lower compartment of the fridge, then u pump out another 70ml, u r asking if u can freeze these 90ml? well, then how do u label this 90ml? do u put today's date (cos the 70ml juz pumped out) or do u put the date of the 20ml? confusing rt? i think better dun lor.

wat i did when i was on ML was, pump out, immediately freeze. unless i'm at my mom's place or IL's place, then let her drink the freshly pumped milk. else, i'll always freeze the EBM & use the FIFO method. this way, i think i can reduce wastage too. scaly bb is always drinking freshly pumped milk then those frozen ones expired very wasted leh..

my vol oso 不三不四. but whatever i pumped out, will freeze in those glass bottles. then take out a few at a time to thaw..so can add all 不三不四 volume to the amt u want.

Hi disneymickey

yah..i am refering to the example which you stated in the 1st paragraph..i read from some wedsite, we can do tat n we will put the date as the 20ml date instead of the 70ml date..but that wedsite never state can i still freeze that 90ml again..so i m confused now...=P

so far i tried to give her freshly pumped milk cos tot fresh milk has most nutrient..but my fridge is full of reserved frozen milk now..storage space is another headache for me =)

i still have some milk in KKH...they allow us to continue to store there for 1 mth after discharge..so if not enuff within that 1 mth,i still can take back those reserved frozen milk...

lin
you don't combine milk that you want to freeze. freeze as it is.if you have 20ml to freeze, just that. another 70ml to freeze, freeze that in another bag. date and time those bags. you can only combine it when you prepare milk for drinking. erh.. is it confusing? you can give me a call if you need.
happy.gif
don't throw the frozen milk away. you never know when you need those. i was sick for a week when maddy was 3months old. under medication, pd said cannot give her fresh bm, so we used frozen ones. the whole fridge got wiped out within a week.

Hi Grace

Thanks..i understand wat u mean liao..yah..tink i will get the milk fr KKH when the due date is reaching soon..inventory management not easy..haha =)

Have to get a big cooler box to transport those milk fr KKH back liao..

Hi disneymickey

thanks for your advice oso...=)

Hi ladies and gentleman,
Sorry, too many to catch up haha...
my gals just went for follow-up in kkh on monday. Channah is now 4kg and Charlot is 3.53kg already
happy.gif
Except for the occasional regurgitation, both gals are doing well now.

Talking abt insurance, my gals were just rejected by Prudential today for their Prushield plan. Need to defer til 2 years later then can buy.

Hi David,
Good to hear that Danya doing well. I find that her latest pic looks like Charlot. I tried posting their pics here but not successful. You got facebook?

gingal
my friend has the same gyne as you. your gyne doen't have package right?

lin
i have a big cooler for milk. can lend you if you need.

hmm.. maybe we can start a preemie group on facebook..

lin,
i use the Avent bottle brush. Because the bristles are rather hard, effective to scrub the bottle. I am MCT oil-hater.. haha so i accumulate a lot of methods to wash. Your pic is very very blur. cant see at all. What kind of bottles you use? sometimes overscrub can spoil the bottle leh.. become scratched.

Lin,

I am doing what Grace is doing for the milk, i never combine the milk of different timings to be frozen. I also won't freeze milk that is kept in the refrigerator...
happy.gif

Grace,

Yeah, he does not have package...
Yes, a Premmie Group on FB is good!!! How do we create one? Keke, i tried b4 but cannot figure out how to do it...U wanna do it? Me 1st to "enroll"!

BTW, Lin,

I use AVENT bottles and after so long of usage and with so many supplements and esp. MCT oil, it is still good as new.

ermm.. let me try... if failed then maybe we need david to help out.. i'm computer idoit... hahaa.. i can't even do numbering on excel spreadsheet..

<font color="119911">Jas</font>,
oh...do u have family history of twins? if so, then chance will be high.

re:BM.
dun wasted expiry or abt to expired bm. used them to wash feet, wash hand and facial if not very heart pain to see them go down the drain. haa worst still, 'abt to expired ebm, ask hubby to see, say it is 'pu'. haa...

re:bill.
indeed a big sum of $$. haa have u ever tot of buying some toto/4D (lottery) and pin for some hopes to strike....:p.

when I told hubby abt yr bills, his eyes goes...WOW.so I told him he still complain our bills is 'high'. *shake head*

<font color="0077aa">precious_one</font>,
agree with have to be super careful when carry a bb with a lot of tube. scary wor...

<font color="119911">xbliss</font>,
wow, handsome photos wor...

now my boy also has golden hair, hope his hair will stay as it is. as for my gar, she still got the golden hair...gd wor...

<font color="0077aa">Lin</font>,
yup, taking care of premiees is taxing. need to build up stamina and 'pu' the body before trying for no#2.

re:pump
u pump 3hrly or ?? how much yr bb drink now?

wow, still can email gynae...

re:nursing rm
for me, I reschedule my postnal checkup to different date cos dun want to stay in hospital longer. so go there and came bck within 1-2 hrs time only. wow, must be busy day for u that day...so many checkup. maybe just latch on her afterall, we mummies are the walking milk bottle. :p. still need to pump, very 'ma fan' wor...

re:insurance
if u needed more details on this, do pm me. will introduce the FC to u.
yup, we use our medisave to buy the insurance for ourselves and then our kids will be covered FOC.

haaa..think nowsday, kids are more 'kan cheong' to see the world, that's why medicine cannot 'tong' them. haa maybe someone have to invent stronger medicine to stop contraction...

re:jab.
we opt to go polyclinic for the 6-in-1 injection. charges is $326.xx. jab cames in 4 doses- 3mth, 5mth ,5mth and 18mth. my boy jab is delayed by one mth bec he only took Hep B during his 2nd mth. so he will only be gg for his third dose in july only when he is 6mth.

cannot comment cos no mCT oil? what's MCT oil suppose to do? a vitamin??

sometimes, my ebm also very oily too. as what xbliss mentioned, pour hot water easier to wash.

err..I did not use any bb detergent, use normal washing dish detergent.

re:bm cling to bottle.
true....ebm will cling to glass bottle so before pouring to milk bottle to feed, we usually need to stir well so that to resolve the stain.

re:combine ebm.
Had seen Grace posting that it is advisable not to combine milk when freeze but only combine when one is prepare milk for drinking. get the pts??

freezing - I remember when I was in the antental class, LC or dunno who said cannot combine milk of different timing to FREEZE.

wow piang, u throw away the remaining....so wasted. Can mix, as long as not "expired", also BB likes the taste lor.

I also combine when warm up...my boy will drink one day behind milk. if he drank fast, then will touch current day (usually 5pm or 7pm feed will touch current day). usually, my fridge will have 5-6 bottles of ebm (2-3 bottles of 125-150ml and the rest is extra like 20-40ml type).

dun waste wor...very heart pain one esp there are the golden milk where $$ can't buy. if bb is smaller eater (applied to mine) then can freeze it loh.usually, will freeze milk when I got extra. will freeze full amt of 90ml using glass bottle.

some useful link to store ebm
http://www.kellymom.com/bf/pumping/milkstorage-preemie.html
http://www.kellymom.com/bf/pumping/lipase-expressedmilk.html

fresh milk can be kept in fridge for 48hrs. thaw milk for 24hrs.Milk that is in the refrigerator may be frozen within 48 hours.

re:pureen stuff.
I also got my ABD detergentin KKH pureen shop loh. 2 for $11. if not outside price for ABD detergent is $8.90 (on promotion).

<font color="119911">sam</font>,
cheers....look on the brighter side....yr 3 warriors will be growing each day....
oh, so lucky, my boy bc kept on jumping no.

<font color="0077aa">gingal</font>,
err....20 hours of labours. oh my god, must be tiring....

re:gynae.
I got a TMC clinic near my plc here. this doc will go to his clinic certain timing and days and then bck to TMC.

while the other Dr at cck, will hop around to different clinics.

re:labout
same same, lot of medicial staff came. when I shouted for help as bb is gg to slip out, everyone is kan cheong causing drama man...think got abt 20 medicial staff fr 3 different grps (neonatal, doc and mid-wife) wearing green clothes, purple clothes, blue clothes and normal nurse clothes came in. so comical.

re:massage
haa..like a princess, J really know how to enjoy wor....

my boy now like to sit up and dun want to lie down. true true, just like my no#1, she got stranger anxiety fr 5mth onwards till 1yr old. see strangers and then once step to new envirnoment will cry badly. yup, have not bring HX out yet only one time to mrt station. this sat, gg to bring him for shave....

re:tummy time
think most bb hate it blar....but my no#1 exceptional case. at 3mth,we usually place teddy bear in front of her and she is very hardworking will try to struggle to 'crawl' by pushing her legs. we applied the same method to HX. but this lazy boy when on time, just lie down flat and then scream till face red red.

haa maybe J is too distracted by outside noise and things that's why forgotten got a hat on her head.

re:CDA/baby bonus
hmm so gd..dunno leh...

re: stop contractions.
I also got those mediciation u mentioned but can't help and HX just slipped out.

<font color="119911">andrina gina</font>
Welcome to the thread. rushing u for discharge, dunno gd or bad. for me, they (blame it on doc) took own sweet time to discharge my boy. we kept on hurried them. what kept me boiled is when we happily came to fetch bb hm, the nurse said can go hm meh....)(&amp;(*&amp;)(*&amp;. then of cos, I said " HUH" and told them I already delay his discharge by 2 days (cos wkend more helper to help). of cos, the ^*&amp; doc took own sweet time to check all bb first before my boy is the 2nd last bb to be checked. somemore, when we reached hm, the next day, SCN called me they forgotten to pass me the discharge summary sheet. the next next day again, got a call fr SCN said I still got 3 bottles of ebm left. )&amp;)(*&amp; of cos, I'scolded' them.

<font color="0077aa">Mayke</font>,
gd weight progressing...think both of yr gar weight are catching up with HX.

try NTUC one. think they are not so strict.

Hi grace

Thanks for your offer for the cooler box..tink i will buy a new 1..next time can go picnic with bb oso when she can go out..=)

Hi xbliss
yah..the picture is blur..tat is the best pic i can take liao cos bottle is reflective..i m using Nuk bottle..=)

Hi Gingal..
yah..i will follow you gers'advices on the storing of combined milk..

Hi afcai

re:pump
yah..i pump 3hrly...1 day pump 7 times..cheated 1 time in midnite..i.e 1 of the pump will supply for 2 feeds..1 pump is abt 100ml..my ger is drinking abt 65ml now..increase 5 ml per every few days when we feel tat she does not have enuff..she is 2 mths old now..CA is 0..EDD supposed to be 18 June

yah..he is still quite responsive to my emails..so far emailed him a few times..he is Dr Han How Chuan fr KKH

re:nursing rm
this is my 1st checkup..is scheduled by the nurse when we discharge..maybe see next followup checku..how the schdeule will be...bb cant latch on well..really headache..cannot imagine next time if go out to gai gai oso mah fan if need to bring pump..maybe if still have milk when back to work..will buy another lighter pump which can bring out n use at hm..the current pump can put in office then dun need to everyday bring hm..i am currently using Medela PIS..tinking of buying Medela Swing for mobility n to use at hm when go back to office..anyone use Swing? gd?

i will try for NTUC 1st..if cannot,maybe i will pm for ur FC..thanks

re:jab.
polyclinic got long Q?i m tinking of going KKH or nearby PD..KKH further fr hm but got all the records..nearby PD is easier though

actually oso not very sure wat is MCT oil for..tink for calories...hehehe..i have 5 types of supplement..my ger really pu gao gao..sicali over-pu become a big fat ger..hahaha..
actually i have hole in heart when i m young n i have my operation when i very young..so i m very skinny when i m young..my mum give me alot of pu then..now i m damn big size..hahaha...dun know my ger next time will like me or not..both my hubby n i are very big sized..i assume our ger has our fat genes oso...haha

re:combine ebm.
yah..got Grace's pt liao..thanks
Thanks for the website link for the EBM..they are very informative..so far,i tried to pump fresh milk for my ger..cos tot they have more nutrient than frozen or fridge milk..but will be stress if bb wake up liao but milk havent pump out yet..now ML..free free can do that..when go back to work liao..dun tink can do tat liao...

Hi all

Saw 4 members in the gp liao...we are all very efficient..hahaha

we see what we can write in FB..maybe start with an introduction of our little fighters details?

hi all,

i have also joined the fb link given..there is a fb group set up by kkh for Preemies/Parents of preemies/medical personnel..this grp is for everybody even for parents of bbs not born in kkh

do join if you can....as some of the mummies here who are in fb r already on it..cheers..

hi costa

Do u have the link for the KKH premmies FB?i would like to join...since there is 1 FB gp for premmies..we might as well join that 1..more pple..=)

Back