Premature babies support group

Dear all,
its so touching to read about your little fighters' stories, I really hope your little ones will grow strong fast and be able to go home with mummy and daddy soon!

Just to share, my nicholas had a brief stay in the NICU for 6 days. He was a IUGR baby (intra-uterine growth restriction) who weighed only 1.75kg at birth despite being borned at 36 weeks. I felt like i had given birth to an african refugee, my poor baby... But the miraculous thing is that the human body as a baby is still able to channel whatever the limited supply of nutrients to the development of more vital organs, so that even though ah boy came out as a bag of bones, his organs were mature enough to function on their own. I guess it also helped that he stayed inside me til 36weeks. So, while i was depressed wondering why my body couldn't provide for my baby, I was also relieved at the same time cos things could have been worse!

During those 6 days at Mt A's NICU, i also saw other babies who had to be on tubes, really felt so heartache... But i strongly believe all these babies (incl mine
happy.gif
) are all great fighters who will overcome adversity to become great persons when they grow up!

Btw my nicholas will be 10mths old tmr... a healthy, bubbly, inquisitive little fellow! I'm so proud of him!
happy.gif
And I look foward to hearing more positive updates on your little princes and princesses!

Jia you!!!
happy.gif

havent got time to read all the posts above....anyway, want to vent off a bit here...

Xavier is back to CPAP today, I am super sianz. I guess my husband is even more sian! Today was the first time he visited Xavier again since he left 2 months ago when Xavier was only 800g( he jus got back last night). And Xavier welcomed him with lots of DESATS.....I was really surprised since he had been performing well for the past few days, even though he had a bit of blocked nose. Well, doc did a blood test and X-ray for him, and he seems to have mucus or "milk" in the lungs...So, CPAP is needed to get him recovered...

Luckily he doesnt have any sort of infections....

And I was suspected to pass the flu to him that caused him have the blocked nose and thus the mucus.....BUT the thing is , i was never sicked...I cant deny that i am in close contact with my newphews/niece who are a bit sicked recently.....

But i thought as long as I am not sicked, i am okay.....Now i feel very guilty....

I m a bad mum. Very bad. SUper sianz.

Got to start all over again, my pooor baby.....
sad.gif

<font color="119911">kkf</font>,
haa..gd that yr vice P very straight fwd man...haa...

hmm u really need more jing shen if not cannot doze off in front of student right. try to consume dang sheng gd to replenish strength. maybe essence of chicken only drink thrice or twice per week loh.

hai...I also very tired too...think our hopes are our kids grow well, healthy and be gd.

maybe when violet grow older, u need more energy to chase after her then sure lose weight blar...my friend also said that go bck to work, sure lose weight....u got any bloated tummy??

<font color="119911">David</font>,
is Danya still in NICU or already out to SCN?

haa..everytime reading yr post brighten my day wor...u looked on the brighter side wor.

<font color="119911">Naturally</font>,
err..staying 6 days at Mt A's NICU ot cheap wor....

<font color="119911">Jas</font>,
what is DESATS? pai seh to ask, so many short ter.
dun say yrself bad loh...u are indeed very gd...gg thru all the bravo issue. I think I won't be as brave as u.....cheers....sure as day passed, there will be more postive updates of Xavier.

Hi Afcai,

Set Down Unit is between NICU and SCN. Imagine you are at the airport waiting for a connecting flight from SIN to JPN Tokyo and from JPN Tokyo to JPN Okinawa. Ha Ha. Doc still monitoring her condition and once green light given, than SCN. Danya STOMA make her gaining weight very slow leh.

Let me be kepo. Desat mean the oxygen under the skin (SPO2)or in the baby body drop below 86% saturation for pre-term babies and 88% saturation for full term babies. When we breath in air, lung must absorb the 21% of oxygen in the air and send them to the whole body. When our lungs are infected, the abosption rate for the oxygen will be less thus the SPO2 percentage will drop.

Hi Naturally,

Welcome. Your child and our are not African refugee. They are slim, handsome or pretty. Unlike me, trying so hard to lose weight. Ha Ha.

Hi Jaz,

Agree with Afcai, you are not bad MAMA. Things always happen for a reason. Xavier is a warrior. Nothing is impossible for him.

Hi Sam,

How's your 3 Hercules???

the thread moving so fast.. i hardly can catch up liao..

david..
wah.. u explain till so precise.. haa. i only know tat we taking 21% O2 from the air, not enough O2, srop below 86%, the monitor will alarm..

argh.post halfway and ther is a power trip!

sam..ehehe.. i only know colostrum as yellowish one..never know they are more diluted..great that ur ss is increasing by 10ml every day!

afcai.hhaha..must be one of those weird days..cos i only have 1 mini skirt which i rarely wear.... u got 2 kids mah..so more 'physical sacrfices'///

david..ahaha.can see that u have been taking too many pics of danya..see how she try to block off the camera's view in the latest pic :p :p :p

kkf..siong job - to stand up whole day!!!!! how is dash coping in his new cc?

quoted from David..
"First few dilute drop of EBM are call "Golden Milk" . Highest in Antibodies"

my maid told me tat back in indoesia.. the old folk said tat the yellowish milk is dirty milk, gotta express out and throw away, cannot give baby..

aiyo.. faint ah..

Jas,
dun feel bad. might not be from u leh.. hospital always push faults away.. he might get it from the nurses or even the doctors.. they handle him daily leh.. they never admit tat they are wrong.. so dun mood too much over it..
hope he will recover soon
happy.gif

david..

haa.. dun worry about the nostril.. yilin's nostril also a little big or should say.. out of shape.. now, very pretty liao.. haa..

Hi Mummies,
Sorry for the late replies, me really tired cos Jerlynn very cranky and couldn't sleep well at night now...Maybe it's colic, maybe it's constipation, maybe it's teething..also dunno why she lik ethat...will monitor and see how...

afcai,

Re: Teats
Size S is for 0-6 mths and the milk will drip through the teat hole even if not being suck. Size Y is also for 0-6 mths but to support breastfeeding, milk will not drip through the hole unless being sucked on. I bought both and Jerlynn hates Size Y...keke..Lazy girl loh...doesn't want to work for the milk...
For me, I never use Pigeon bottles before, are they good? As I have to make 120ml of milk sometimes for Jerlynn and AVENt small bottles I have can only support 125ml, I think I might need to buy new bottles soon. Since Jerlynn too used to Pigeon teats, was wondering if the bottles are good. I like AVENT bottles cos they are really hard and no matter how many times u sterilise or boil it, it is still godd as new. I'm also using medela's bottles, but the becomes soft very soon, not good and damn expensive.

Re: weight

I eat alot for the BM, and surprising I never put on weight, and I still managed to lose 4 kg off pre-preg weight, meaning i am lighter than before pregnant, but deosn't mean I look slimmer
sad.gif

I got bigger waist and tum tum still big....
sad.gif
Overall, I still Look FAT...as before preg I already abit overweight...

Re: Pumping Milk

I will try to pump when my mum is here in the afternoon or after evenings til wee hours of the morning when my hubby is at home. But if unavoidable I keep her in a Snuggle Nest beside me while I pump, and if she makes noise, I just pat pat her...if she cries then Boh Pian, I will stop halfway, carry and pacify her and then continue. but I try not to stop more than 15mins, cos scare the half-way milk in the pump bottles turn stale...hahaha
I remember when Jerlynn 1st came back, it was bliss...I can do anything i like cos she is like sleeping round the clock, she doesn't even cry for milk, she just stick tongue out and turn her head left right left right and "eh eh eh" and she can wait 15-30 mins for the milk...Now she bigger liao, very very impatient, so my milk I delayed very often to pump and also seldom pump liao. Now also like u, about 4 times on weekdays and 5-6 times in weekends.
U can still managed to store EBM, so good, i used up all my supply liao and also not enuff milk to store now. I recorded down and I think now my supply dropped to about 600ml a day only
sad.gif
She can consume usually about 800 -900 ml a day (only recently cranky and her demand dropped).

Re: Iron Drops

Same as Maykel, I was told to mix the iron drops and other supplements into the feeds...Dietitian and Doctor's advice is not to feed water, but I still give Gripe water mixed with 20ml of water daily cos she constipated and has lots wind..Sssshhhh don't tell Dietitian and doctor ok? *wink*

Maykel,

Jerlynn is 4 days to CA 2 months
happy.gif
These few weeks already supplementing FM with BM liao, not on TBF. Jerlynn also never satisfied with latch on BM before, I will need to bottle-feed her even after latch on...To me, it's like normal..
happy.gif

David,

That is a nice pic of Danya, but she seemed like telling u, "Daddy I wanna sleep, can don't take pics?" Keke...
Don't worry about the big nostrils, Jerlynn has them too, and now they back to normal...They will become smaller, trust me...

kkf,

Huh, Violet's pattern is like Jerlynn since 2 months ago? No wonder u seldom have time to do some postings here liao. Now back at work, sure very tired ah?

Sam,

Don't worry, let the doctors decide what is best for Josiah even if need to put back on tube again...I'm sure the doctors know best...give Josiah more encouraging words, and he will surely fight along well and get well soon...

Jas,

Don't worry too, will be looking forward to positive updates from u soon...

"Dietitian and Doctor's advice is not to feed water"..

for goodness sake, singapore so hot, how can not drink water. yilin always sweat like nobody biz.. where ever she lied, sure to leave a sweat water mark there from her head.. same as gingal, i give gripe water with about 20ml of water.. my mum will give her a little bit of water after a stroll to downstair.. she drinks like super thirsty like tat.. haa..

actually the PD from Badybear told me before.. not to give water is theory only.. becos they think tat water is added when making milk , so no need extra water intake liao.. but for him, he think tat babies still need extra water cos fm is heaty.. and weather is hot..

Hi David,
So happy that Danya is in Step-down already now, she looks so sweet!

Hi afcai,
re:maid
aiyo, i keep nagging liao, then every time my mil give me the look like i always scold my maid, hiaz...

re:feed.
ya man, Channah scream so loud the moment she wakes up, nvr give us chance to make milk. I quite worried, cos she can scream on top of her voice until she's a bit breathless, very fierce leh. Last time Charlot very patient, think now she follow her sister's pattern and would keep crying until the milk is in her mouth.

re:bm.
ya, same like you, will engorge if i dun pump after 6hrs. Anyway it seldom happens cos i dun have the luxury to go out so long, except when i brought them for follow-up in kkh. Cos need to do lab tests, scan, see dr, see physio and see dietician, so it took us the whole day.

You know wat i did if i go out too long and nvr bring pump? I had a small trick, i bring along a sterlised bm bottle in my bag and if too engorged, i will go nursing room and squeeze out manually, better then dun have. Can keep in room temp for up to 4hrs. By then i reach home liao.

haha...you so funny leh, use hanky ar ;)
hmm...ya loh, whole day wear bra some times nipple oso pain leh.

re:labour
oh, ur bleeding tat bad ar. So eventually is it placenta residue?
doc know i'm bf but bo bian cos got to stop the bleeding leh. Most doc dun believe in tcm, last time i oso dun believe, but now i do, my health did get better when i consume tcm b4 i conceived. I get sick less often. My gynae is quite ok with tcm, cos he knew my tcm doc in Eu Yan Sang.

re:rash.
aiyo, pls dun anyhow use chemical to wash below, cos you kill the natural floral there. Just use soap and water.

re:shave hair.
yup, 2mth+, correct age is 11 days only.

Hi kkf,
I oso took vit c daily, it really helps. Maybe you can try taking some Yomeishu at nite before you sleep, it is not as heavy as dom.

Hi Naturally,
Thanks for your encouraging sharing. Hope that my gals would faster grow well too
happy.gif

Hi Jas,
Pls dun blame yourself. None of us would know if we are carrying any virus or not, if we know, there would be no spread of epidemic already loh. Believe that Xavier would be well soon, jia you.

Hi Yan and David,
Does CPAP really makes the nostrils bigger? Cos my Charlot's nostril is bigger then Channah, and she happens to be on more days of CPAP.

Hi gingal,
So Jerlynn is abt the same age as afcai's son loh? Channah and Charlot oso take turns to be cranky these few days. Sometimes gotta coax and carry them for up to 3hrs, very tiring. Did you put 'ru yi you' for her?

BTW, is the snuggler nest good? Won't Jerlynn wriggle her way out of it? My fren wana buy for me but i told her i dun want, cos i thot can use few mths oni is it?

Yan...Yilin is super pretty!!! And why pic in black and white, should show it in colour, cos she has snow white skin!
happy.gif

Just wanna share this pic also, Shellow's Paige and Jerlynn:

2458045.jpg

Maykel,

The Snuggle Nest is good cos can place on the sofa and we don't have to bend down like if put on rocker on the floor when communicating and playing with her. Mine is slightly slanted and it is also good cos can rest her after her feeds and won't be lying her down too flat, better for her digestion. To help her differentiate Day and Night, she takes afternoon naps there and back to bed when night. She is outgrowing it soon, she is about 5.5kg and 56cm long, and she does wiggles down and cannot leave her alone in it...Actually what I'm using is not Snuggle Nest I realised, but similar la, keke...

Hi Yan,

I talk technical everyday if not, my customer don't understand. Now talk medical also need to talk technical. Occupational problem, SO SAD. LOL. Your girl is CUTE. I bet Yilin is enjoy her "DRUM STICK" , right?

Hi Bloom,

Don't like that leh. I try to find another reason to buy a new hard disc storage leh. Ha Ha.

Hi Maykel

Thanks. Step down is indeed different. Try to get myself familiar with the new environment. He He. CPAP will make the nostril big. But intubate even bigger. HA HA. I used my magnify eye to peep into Danya nostril. Eureka, I found the inner hole of Danya's right nostril which was intubated for almost 40 days is bigger than the other. Must get mummy Diana to massage Danya nose when she is back home. Ha Ha.

Hi Gingal,

I love the pic. Any baby poster contest, I will vote non-stop. They are SOOOOOOO CUTE.

Hi Sam &amp; Jaz,

How our warriors? Have faith in the mighty one up their. Let us continue to pray and fight hard. JIA YOU.

thks for the inform, learn something new loh. so many short medicine terms. haa..u are quite creative and amusing leh....fr the way u describe airport issue.

oic....so is everyday is like a roller coaster for u, something u hear postive updates but sometime one hear negative updates right...that's time I was so worried but after coming to this thread, I felt more relieve and comfort.

David u indeed a very well inform wor...

haa...u pump meh, why lost weight?

<font color="119911">Yan</font>,
ha..yr definition of DESATs is summary form lah. but at least better than me. I know nothing wor...

mentioning abt the yellow milk. I felt so sad 2yr + back. when I started bf for my no#1, my mum throws 3 bottles of the ebm away (180ml - 260ml) making me heart pain wor. she told me my ebm yellowish so seems spoilt. I nearly faintz when i heard my ebm throw away. before I returned to work I already told her ebm/bm and fm are different color where fm is much whiter than eb/bm but she.....faintz man... so now, she knew the different liao.

in fact, the yellow milk is the most precious milk wor...called Colst...dunno how to spell.

oh, yilin sucking her index finger? how old is she?

<font color="119911">Jas</font>,
when my boy is at SCN, saw one nurse got flu but she did not wear mask. she still act normally to take care of bb. so cheers, stay postive.

<font color="119911">Bloom</font>,
haa think it's last yr that I met u at my plc mrt station loh...u wore sleeveless shirt (blow whistle* :p) and mini skirt wor....other than that, u normally wear short mah....

<font color="119911">gingal</font>,
re;teat.
thks for the inform on pigeon teat.
oic that's the different between size s and y. dunno leh, I also did not use pigeon bottles, only exchange my normal bottle (no brand) one at taka fair for the wide neck one. but have not use it for bb but only as a storage bottle.

hmm...tot Avent bottle got the markign of 4oz(120ml). currently, I'm using Avent 125ml bottles for my boy. this bottle can contain up to 150ml when fill up the ring. think will be buying biggest size avent bottles soon. (wait for sg sales end of the mth) u mean u use Pigeon teat on the Avent bottles?
I tried Avent teats place on the pigeon wide neck bottles but it seems cannot fit.

so far, my gar only changes her avent bottles when she is 27mth, sterlise till cap dented, bottles yellowish. but usually for teat, we will change evety 3-4mth or when it turn cloudy.

my 6 pigeon storage bm bottles already yellowish so did not use them. only use the caps. currently, I am using 3 teddy bear design bottle (no brand), 1 medela bottles and the rest are glass bottles for my storage. if I wanted to freeze ebm then of cos use glass bottle (only learn something that cannot fill full if not glass will break).i still do alternate day or depend on the current supply in the fridge. if it is more than will freeze the milk. my last batch of frozen ebm is 3/4 onwards still got 28 bottles.

yes, I also do record down the amt I pump and the timing in the pieces of paper. then will calculate the total amt for the day. something ebm ranges from 530ml onwards - 840ml (only one time hit 840ml if not everytime stay at 700+).

wow, yr gar drank more than my boy wor...think my boy only drinks 5x120+ 2x100(800ml) or even less. dunno why my demand still can meet his demand tough he drank much than I pumped.

re:iron drops.
hmm i knew tbf bb advise not to drink water. hmm...will ask the neonatal dr chua next tues when I bring him for checkup. hhmm is it a must for gripe water to mix with water?

re:latch on.
sure bb never satisfed after latch on. think they suck more for comfort than hunger. :p/

re:weight
wow...maybe u alone take care of jerlynn. that's why lost weight easier. is yr natural birth or c sect?

re:pump milk.
usually, fresh milk can kept for 4hr outside loh. but better not to place them outside longer.

so gd gar man...even my boy just came bck, he already very impatient liao. cry but not loud cos lung not so develop yet. but now...roar like lion man...but we will carry him upright and then kept talking non-stop to him while milk is being warm up. so he will just look at u and display a wanted to cry face. then we kept on telling him to wait and if he is tired, he just close eyes and wait. he really did close the eyes (only to pretend to slp) and wait. so now, he dun really cry that much...only like to display yang ow face esp to me. y'day, his jie jie fall and hit his head (luckily, jie jie can breka force if not....). then he cried but look at me and then display a yang ow face then sob sob.dunno who teach him one...ai-yo... boy alos like to yang ow man....(his jie jie dun have such action)

<font color="119911">Maykel</font>,
what is snuggler nest?

re:maid.
hai..old folks are like that. dun care lah as long as u tell yr maid what she shd do (remind her) then shd be ok. it's not wrong mah.

re:feed
last time, my boy is also like that scream. but then we kept talking to him non-stop and repeating the words telling him be patient, yr milk milk is on the way, milk need to be warm up so that it will taste gd. if you are tired, then take a rest, close yr eyes first. wait loh, gd boy....so by repeating the words like chanting, my boy will kept quiet and not cry but will display those wanted to cry or ke lian face.

maybe try the above method...

re:bm
just curious, what does the physio do cos why need to see physio and dietician?

hmm..gd idea bring sterlised bm bottle and then go nursing rm to squeeze out. usuaully only contain foremilk like diluate barley water. dunno why do u realise sometime the ebm is thicker and sometime dun? hmm...wondering is it maybe the food we ate....

yup, use hanky cheaper, reuse and wash mah....if wear bra plus bra pad so inconventient to bf/pump.

re:labour.
forgotten if u are asking me abt my after delivery case or after wean off bf gone haywire case liao.

the only thing I know is the doc very rough dig and dig machiam dig gold, dig a lot of clot blood type and blood just flow like dripping type till stain the bed and all over when I was in the hosptial loh. but think shd be all clear liao after wash up mah...but dunno why after wash up, still got red fresh blood mid-bleed loh for half a mth then become stain only. I was also given the antibiotic to prevent infection, the antiobiotic cause me to LS more than 8 times per day. acc to doc, this is the normal case. think my boy also consume my ebm also kept poo poo too for the past 8 days.

yr bleeding heavy of mid one?? so how long u will consume the pills?

oic...Eu Yan Sang tough ex but can consider gd wor.

tot antisecptic can kills baterica mah. did not realise my skin allegic to it. think after this preggie, I'm kind of sensitive to lot of solution, cream. just like when I was at my 2nd trimster, I did not know I was allegic to palmer cocoa butter man cos have been using it fr 2-6mth but then it made my tummy burning red mah...doc said it is due to homo change that's the cause.

hmm...will u shave yr princess acc to their Correct age or current age? for me, will be current age.yup, gingal 's princess is born same mth as my prince. but her princess is early Jan and mine is end Jan.

re: food.
hmm u bf can take Yomeishu meh?

Hi David,

Have been going to the hospital 2X a day these few days... Been so stressed.. cause Josiah's lung infection and need to be on antibiotics for 1 week and is back on ventilator again. Yesterday night doc told us he would do a blood test for Jeriel cause he has been desating quite often and may be infection.. luckily the tests came back to be normal.. but he has been rather cranky these few days when im there.. Mattias is still ok at the moment but feed not increase yet.. hopefully tomorrow his feed can be increased... Nurses told me that my 3 boys got telepathy, they seems to be playing ard and desat one after another ard the same time making the nurses running to one if one of them desat and quickly try to wake the other 2 up first before they desat too..

yan..wahh..yilin is pretty gal leh!!!
happy.gif
thanks for info re pigeon BPA free bottle...do they leak? cos avent BPA free bottle leak very BADLY....

Mayek ..ahhaha... so channeh is bad influence to her sister :p

David... r u in IT??? ehhee..me also need new hdd to store pics :p

afcai..wah..u got VERY GOOD memory.... weekends i usually wear lesser..cos my house is super warm (blocked by other blocks)... weekdays wear alot..cos office is super cold ahahhahaha

sam..ahaha.. ur boys seems to be very ngam key (same freq) with one another..next time they will play games with mommy
happy.gif

Afcai,

Me not plump. Me Mr. Jelly. OW by 10kg base on BMI. I guess only Army day are perfect 10. Ha Ha.

Hi Sam,

Modern medicine are magic. Josiah will cooperate with the medicine and will definitely emerge a winner. I will pray for him.

Jerial is cranky. Because he can smell Mummy. Smart boy.

Mattias is a strong boy. Well done. Soon, your will be working very very hard to meet their daily milk demands. LOL.

Desat. Agree with Bloom, same frequency. Great warriors thinks alike.

SCN. Our warriors can breath room air, then SCN.

Hi Bloom,

Me not in IT. Me in heavy industry. Need more HDD only for my Danya pic and video. So can pass them to Danya as her "Jia Zhuang". Ha Ha.

gingal,
aiya.. we wanna be a little stylo mylo.. haaa.. bo color look more sofiscated.. haa..

david,
yes!! she enjoy her drumstick very much everyday.. i headache leh,,dunno how to stop her from eating.. the physiotherapist lor, said bring the baby's hands near their mouth, let them feel and play with it. end up.. yilin starts sucking her fingers till now.. the mouth area always got saliva smell... smelly~~

afcai,
yilin sucks all her fingers.. buay tahan.. sometime when i carrying her, she will suck her fingers over my shoulder, making my shirt wet.. 1 big patch somemore ok~~ at 1st i feel like.. eeeee~~ so wet.. dun like the feeling.. now.. sort of numb to it liao.. haa..

yilin is 6mths old corrected
happy.gif

bloom,
haa.. i think she look pretty too.. haa..
so far so good, no leak.. no need to close till super tight..

not only the avent BPA free bottle leaks, the normal ones also leak. my elder girl is using the normal avent.. aiyo.. always leak.. then my hubby always close till so tight tat my maid and i got problem open it.. faint..

Hi mummies n daddies,

Can I trouble u to help me check out if current Kkh nicu occupancy rate is able to take in new babies?

I m not seeing kkh doc, today went for checkup for wk 31 and cevical length shown sign of shortening at 2.15cm now. Is it very high risk ? Is bed rest the only way to help prolong baby stay in womb?

Hi Kai,

KKH publish on their web that they have the biggest NICU in SIN with 24 Bed. From what I can see, if need, they will expand.

It is not a question of occupancy rate, to me, it is the experience and confidence of the medical staff (Doc/Nurse) and equipment. Personally, I think they are professional.

Hi Mummies,

Danya has been transfer to SCN this afternoon. Hooray, promotion and Hooray, weight maintain at 1505gram. For me, it is like flying from SIN to Timbaktu. Need sometime to get adjusted. Hee Hee.

Hi Sam &amp; Jaz,

How's our "Si Da Tian Wang" doing? Fight Brave, Fight Strong, Fight Hard. I will keep them in my daily prayer. Jia You.

hi mummies,
read fr the forum that vivocity nursing rm got some cctv (still not cfm if it is cctv or sensor). hmm...so scary..how can one install cctv in the nursing rm or toilet.my office toilet got the cctv like device but I think it is a sensor cos the lights will turn on when it detect movement only.

also, do u give any Pneumococcal jab to yr child? I read this story at the followuing website and got a scare cos I did not let my gar taking any additional jab except chicken pox.

http://www.mumcentre.com/index.php?

option=com_classifieds&amp;act=resource&amp;task=details&amp;type=27&amp;resourceid=232&amp;group=&amp;cid=

http://www.mumcentre.com/index.php?

option=com_classifieds&amp;act=resource&amp;task=details&amp;type=27&amp;resourceid=227&amp;group=4&amp;cid=4

<font color="119911">bloom</font>,
hmm BPA free bottle leak badly meh? i also use Avent bottle but not sure if it is BPA (dunno do all Avent bottles consider BPA). is it bec the ring of the bottle loose or the teats spolit etc...if not, any idea why it leak?

err...not really gd memory lah...but on certain things esp which catch my attention. haa...*blink and wink* ...tot woman after birth shd be forgetful but think my hubby worst memory than me. sigh...

haa..oic...u not gg for regular exercise like jogging? last time, my hubby does but now got kids no more....so got a 1 big 'lump' muscles on his tummy liao...:p.

wow, congrats, u must be waiting for this day...like striking toto/4D?? hey, dun fly till lost yr way loh. :p. gd progressing updates on Danya. cheers. so think she still got 500gm to go before she can discharge. how many mth is Danya now?

<font color="119911">Sam</font>,
SCN also got 2 critia. when the bb is in a bigger rm, that's mean more attention is required for them. the bigger room got more pretty ad caring nurse and handsome doc. :p. if one bb need lesser attention then they will ttf bb to a smaller rm of 8 bb but then in that rm still can kept up to 14 bb. when my bb is at SCN, he moved thrice till I can't locate him mah....the nurse never updates one...

<font color="119911">Yan</font>,
haa...guess that mummy u yrself got to bring extra clothing when outside if not yr little princess will wet yr clothes. oic.. that's mean yilin started her solid food liao??

re:avent bottle.
my no#1 and no#2 using Avent bottles hasle free leh...dun have leaking problem. haa is yr Avent bottle QC fail one huh...just kidding...

<font color="119911">Kai</font>,
it depends on the vacancy during that pt of time. KKH will take in their patient first and give second priority to mum fr other hospital. for me, tough, I'm a KKH patient but I nearly go NUH or SGH for delivery or shd I say after delivery, my bb will be ttf to NUH or SGH NICU. at that pt of time when I was in the delivery suit, the staff nurse told me the above that no space at NICU but then came bck one hr later said that I am lucky that they tried to squeeze in my bb if I delivered later. then they told me that since I am the kkh patient so I got the priority.

that's why I choose KKH as my dlivery hospital. initially, for my no#2, I went for my antental checkup at nUH but NUH kept disappointing me (treat me like guina pig. also cannot blame them cos they are training hospital) so in the end, I gave up and return to KKH due to my complications.

try not to walk so much, better to stay in bed.

The worse has come... I also dunno why so suay leh... I still hope Josiah infection can be stopped by antibiotics and thats it.. who knows.. yesterday the doctor says Josiah Brain bleed, Left brain level 3 and right brain level 2.. This is the worse news i have ever receive .. usually it occurs within 48 hrs of birth and its a rare case that it happens after 2 weeks.. I also dun understand why it happens now... Furthermore Josiah intestine seems to have infection too... Im really so stressed and upset as Josiah is the one im most worried about as he is the most sick..These 2 days im really on the verge of going crazy already...Too much shock for me..

Hi Sam,

Have Faith. Be Strong and continue to believe in Josiah. Let us continue to pray and believe in the mighty one because he is a healing God. My prayer goes out to Josiah.

Sam,
pls take heart and stay strong. send lots of love via touch to josiah and words of encouragement. They can feel it and will respond.

Sam,
just got to read about what happened to your boys here. You must stay strong, they will be fine. Praying for you... hugz...

hi kkf,
nice to see you here too.
happy.gif

wah, your back to work sounded v tiring, but expected...heehee... we know what teaching in school is like.
happy.gif

dont bother about that stupid fatso VP, she is just jealous of pple slimer than her. I think you look totally fine now and definitely will slim down more.
Ya, you should take more fruits and vege, they really help.

Maykel,
how are ur gals doing? You did not post your gals' latest pic in FB lately liao. Do visit us too in the other thread.
happy.gif

Jo and juju have given birth liao. Waiting for my turn soon...
happy.gif
You must take care too.
Btw, maids are like that... really needs lots of patience w them if you really have to keep them. Just be aware of what they have been doing in the house. Remember what I told you about their mentality and IQ? Must really teach and guide them like small kids, but cannot be too kind and lenient w them.

Hi all

Just happened to come across this thread.

My girl is 15months (11 months- corrected age)was a 24 weeker weighted 610g. She had PDA ligation and eye surgery (due to ROP)done. She too had breathing problems. Couple of times, the nurses had to resuscitate her. Such scenes freaked us out.She stayed in NICU for 122 days.

My husband and I took every chance to visit her, talk and encourage her everyday. I bought my pump to express milk while in between visits. You will be surprise taht they can feel you presence. Once I was late for visit as promised, she showed 'colours' to the nurses, playing with the machine, sending it to beep the whole time till I arrived.

Now, she is a bubbly toddler crawling round the house, calling papa and mama bringing so much joy to us.

Parents, stay strong and have faith as God's grace and mercy will come upon your little ones.

Hi ladies and gentleman,
My gals having phelgm since last wk. I brought them to see doc last thur, but she told me that there's nothing she can do and just have to wait for it to go away. Also said its due to protein in the milk powder.
Have any of you experienced this b4? And wat can i do to make my gals better? Cos Channah had reduced appetite and her throat keep having the 'croaking' sound, also keep vomiting milk with phelgm, really feel heartache leh...

Hi gingal,
Thanks, sounds good, but guess its too late for me to get a Snuggler now, cos Channah is already 3.5kg, can't use for long.

Hi David,
Yup, step-down is quieter and seems less stressful right?
Aiyo, no wonder Charlot's nostril seems bigger, but easier for me to see mucous and dig them out hehe....how come her nostril not balance? But lucky its inside, only youa dn Diana would see haha...

Hi Kai,
I dun think the nicu staffs would reveal to us their occupancy rate. But i'm sure as long as a baby needs it, they would send baby there.
I delivered at 31+1wks and my cervical length went from 1.5cm at 26wks to almost can't see at wk31. Acc to my doc, the CL shorten due to contractions, so bed rest is usually advised as it may help to reduce contractions.

Hi Sam,
Have faith and be strong. I know its easier said then done, but you have to take care of urself for ur babies' sake.

Hi bliss,
Surprise to see you at this thread cos ur baby not going to be premmie wor heehee...
ya, i always rushing when i login, so haven't update pics. Wow, good to hear they have delivered
happy.gif
so happy for them. Jia you, ur turn coming soon hor.

Hi afcai,
Snuggler nest is a small mattress-like thing, it has small cushions at the side, so when you put baby on it, they would not roll out of it, but like wat gingal say, it does not last very long. But it is supposed to make baby more secure.

re:feed
ya, we kept telling Channah the same things too, but when she's angry, she won't listen and her scream is louder then our voice. I think my mistake is we always let them sleep for as long as they want until they wakes up for milk. Cos my mum say babies must sleep to grow. But by the time she wakes up, its too late, she had started crying for milk. So now i learnt not to wait for her to wake up and cry, i gently change her diapers abt 3-4hrly or when she started to wriggle (but still groggy), then by the time she really 'wakes up' we have the milk ready.

re:bm
The physio sees their development, eg; eye contact, muscle tone etc. Channah was assessed to have Torticollis, which is tightness on 1 side of her neck. We were then taught to do positioning etc. The physio will see them on a mthly basis during our visit to the doc.
Oso need to see dietician cos of their low birth weight and they need sufficient nutrients to grow faster. I thot all premmies have to see them, ur boy dun need?

ya, must squeeze longer time then the thicker hindmilk would come out. I'm not sure if its due to the food, maybe loh. But i realised that when i was on domperidone combine with fenugreek, the milk is thicker. Nw i taking fenugreek only and it does not seems that thick.

re:labour.
i'm asking abt ur bleed after delivery. My bleeding was heavy, but it stopped after the doc gave me contraceptive pills. Need to take 3wks, then when i stop the med, i would have bleeding which would then be considered as my menses.

oh, i oso can't use palmer cocoa butter, lucky i was trying samples pack only. I had bad rashes after using.

Think we will shave base on current age too. So when they are 4mths then we'll bring them. But still haven't decide where to bring them leh. U think normal barber really can?

re: food.
think as long as we dun feed immediately after taking Yomeishu shld be ok bah. After bf or pump then drink. Maybe play safe, i ask my gynae when i see him this fri.

Hi Sam &amp; Jaz,

How's our little warriors? Have faith, fight hard and be strong.

Hi Afcai,

This week, Danya is 38 weeks if based on gestational. She is aleady 11 weeks plus in KKH.

Hi Maykel,

Old folk say that giving baby a little Ginseng will help to "PU Qi" and clear off some phelgm. Personally, I don't think is advisble as our warrior is still young. As for SCN, WOW, sound very much like a conference hall. When 1 warrior cry, all warrior will start to take turn. Don't know about Danya but I feel STRESS OUT. Ha Ha.

Thanks for the advice on KKH NICU. Now the problem I worried is they will might not give me a place if my baby is early. Also I was checking most likely I wont be on subsided rate. In that case, does it means there is no difference with the rates as Mt A or other private?

afcai,
usually go out, we will sarong her , so still ok, the saliva wont kana my shoulder.. haa.. we trying her on cereal now.. tried twice liao, not so good still.. so impatient leh.. think she not so easy like her sister, weng. weng know how to eat just during the 1-2 try.. think weng more greedy.. haa..

at 1st, i tot the cap spolit, then i buy new bottle, but still not very good leh.. think their QC check.. chin chin cai cai 1.. no standard..

sam,
keep talking and singing to him in a joyful tone.. i know this is tough.. but tats the only thing u can do now.. give him support.. he can feel it..

david,
congrats.. danya in scn liao.. but be prepared, the nurses there not so attentive like those in SDN and NICU.. sometime will vomit blood.. haa..

hi maykel,
oic...
happy.gif
yes can understand how busy and tired you have been this period. You must take good care of own health too.

kai,
if u think u might deliver earlier, it will be better tat u register yourself with kkh 1st.. see a doc there, choose B2+ and below. then if really touch wood, deliver earlier. u can at least sercure a place for your baby there.. and easier to downgrade too..

Hi Yan,

You hit the nail right on the center. SCN are really under Staff. The nurse are OK but they are so stretch. This is what I meant. Stress out but has to stay cheerful, positive and be more observant. Hee Hee.

hi mums, dad

just pop in to post my newborn boy and gal pic. so far all gd
happy.gif

2470044.jpg
2470045.jpg

my gal Nada today is 2yrs old, she was born 1kg at 32wks coz of pre-eclampsia. I started having high blood pressure ard 7mth. baby was not growin well since ard 6mth plus.

my boy Umar born 1 May, fullterm in fact overdue hehe. managed to get natural birth

for him, I went to few dr who say I likely get pre-eclampsia.I wast too happy with their 'pessimistic view. I mean I understand I may likely get it. but I didnt wish to be treated as doomed case and wanted some preventive care if possible. Dr Paul Tseng cant say can guarantee avoid PE but said we can try and he prescribe me aspirin to thin e blood so that more blood gets to baby. At wk 24, full scan shows my bld flow to him not gd so dr was NOT optimistic for me having fullterm birth but he said we take it day by day see how, aim for wk 34.
well we made it to full term
happy.gif

Hi all...

Been spending more time at the hospital now as i can... seems the blood plasma did somehow worked a little for Josiah.. It had dampen a bit, the scanning is done this afternoon, have yet to receive the latest report yet.. Hope the bleeding have stopped.

Jeriel is on feeds for 2 days than stopped again as the aspirate is greenish... but have used to the start stop sequence already... hope the gut and intestines are well stimulated..

Mattias is doing well, so far his feeds have upped to 8ml already... cant wait to see him grow n grow.

I want to thank all the prayers mummies n daddies have sent here.. Thank you..

sam,
u are as brave as your little ones. The day to bring them home will come soon, don't despair. keep the hope and strength going
happy.gif
don't forget to supply your precious milk!

dae-c,
well done!! u are my next idol, after kkf!

Hi David,
Yup, i oso dun believe in giving our babes ginseng yet. Guess gotta wait for it to go away by itself. I realised that Channah seems better when i give her EBM, but alas....i dun have enough for them. Think cos EBM seems less concentrated then formula. Really envy those who has plenty of EBM.

Hi day-c,
Wow, ur Nada seems so well adn healthy now
happy.gif
Charlot was also born 1kg and Channah 1.46kg. Ur pic gives me good hope for their growth. Urma is so cute.

Hi Maykel

Just wondering could it be your pump not strong enough? I had this problem. My ebm started out with 150ml to 180ml.then slowly dropped to 80, 50 sometimes 30ml. After taking fenugreek and moltinum, it increased abit only. but after i changed to a stronger pump, i can get 250 to 300ml each time.

Back