Pine Close Mummies

btw mummies, re the bodyshop items, see my earlier post. The discount is now 15% discount on your purchase of regular price item. no further discount on promotion items.

let me know soon, so i can go buy and pass to u soon, esp if you are looking for christmas presents.

hello alot of yummy mummies in our neighbourhood....
can anyone advise me, how much discount can we get if we buy coach bag from US compared to online price?

Hello Jamie

Currently he is super enjoying. Everyday he looks forward to going to school. Hope he maintains like this for the next 5.5yrs..lol

Good luck to you. How many PVs this yr ?

Hi ginger

That's great! So it's not stressful lah. Hope my gal will enjoy & look forward to school too if get in.

I'm not sure how many PV but heard some didn't get in. Saw quite alot of applicants when I went for "interview" last year.

Hi Jamie,
U completed your PV? Heard the new intakes must commit at least 60hrs. Wow~

Gal is enjoying her sch life very much. Initally I felt why she got so much homework as compare wif her peers from other schools. But as time goes by, we are quite use wif it. Haha...

Hi cat_tail

Yes I hv completed the 40hrs but still need to continue the the regular reading program as I'm committed for a year. Wow 60hrs for new PV! Seems like it's getting tougher.

Oh dear lots of homework?? Hope it's nt too stressful since they are only P1. Heard KH very academic so abit worried if my gal can take it. Infact I did contemplate if should try other nearby schools but our area quite limited. Moreover I aready started PV, if give up so wasted.

Hi Jamie,
Yes, KH can be quite academic but overall it's still a good school that instill good morals for our child. I guess u should hv feel it since u r the PV.
happy.gif

Anyway dun worry abt the homework part, let's look near. Hope u dun hv to go thru the balloting process like me. It's quite a nerve wrecking moment! :x

Cat_tail, your gal has alot of homework? Which class ah? Mine so so leh. Not on daily basis. Yesterday they went to zoo.

Not sure if KH is academic oriented, still early for me to comment. Shall wait and see. Looking forward for them to move here so that we can save lots of logistic headache...

cat_tail

sure will ballot! its getting more popular every year.
yes i agree KH is a good school, perhaps i worry too much, will see how it goes lah.

Jamie, this year I believe the P1 enrolment slots are lesser since they are moving to single session next year right? If yes, must be tough !!

ginger

i'm not sure if they will reduce the enrolment slots but since its single session for all schools i believe they would have a fixed no. by MOE?

Ginger,
Am not refering to daily basis but comparing the overall load as compare with other schools. To be honest, all branded sch need to be very academic to maintain their reputation.

Jamie,
Looking around wif so many condos up, it's a worrying trend tat the sch will expect a lot of enrolments. But cheer up, u still stand a good chance. Got a few PV frds failed their P1 reg last yr but eventually still manage to get a place when someone withdraw. The school still value PVs' efforts.
happy.gif

ginger/cat_tail and other mummies with kids in KH, what's your assessment of the school? is it very academic? I don't really want my kids to be in a overly academic environment....lots of homework is a big headache to me.... :p. i prefer to have emphasis on other areas like values education.

anyone with kids in Geylang methodist? is it also very academic?

Ginger,
PRs stand only a minimal percent of the overall balloting. Dun tink it will ease much but at least gov is doing something to help the citizens.
happy.gif

mesh,
KH is a chinese school so they will instill a lot of chinese cultures & moral values. I think every sch oso emphasis a lot of values too. Whether it's academic or not, it's something very difficult to debate ard. Really depend on how ambitious they are but a reputable ones will of cos got a fairly amount of work for the kids to keep up with the sch reputation.. Maybe you should look at the subjects or curriculum offer. Unlike other sch with the option of norm or higher chinese, KH only offer higher chinese. I am a bit worry on my gal cos she's not gd in Chinese. :p

haha, cat_tail, you got me worried too... my kids talk chinese with ang mo accent one.... they cant even pronounce the 4 tones..... it tried to show them... eg, ma1,ma2,ma3,ma4.... they say no difference in the 4 words i said. i gave up after that.... hope they catchup with their peers soon

i think those registering this year stand a better chance if SC... cos the PRs no time to react or covert to SC :p Next year.... back to square one.

Actually if you are hungry for the seats, even minimal percent also helps.

Jen said last yr 2C there were 3PRs, imagine if these 3PRs got in to ballot, it will be nice if these 3 seats were given to SC instead.

Anyway with the new rules, all SC will have good chance. Good news for everyone.
happy.gif

Jamie & mesh,
Haha.. same same, my gal speaks chinese like ang mo...She can read & do her hanyu pinyin but when comes to oral, she's super jia lat. To be frank, I am not hopeful she can do well in this subject but let's try. Will be happy she can pass it. :p

mesh,
U send them for any chinese enrichment? It helps my gal a lot since she dun converse chinese at home. I also try to let her watch more chinese/korean serials so she can pick up. lol

Ginger,
I rembr phase 2B only 1 or 2 PRs out of 56 applicants.

mesh
i went last year, its a group interview. They will ask u why u want to be a pv & what can u contribute to the school.

Ginger,
Oh, did I get it wrongly?
happy.gif

mesh,
It's very open during balloting. They will read out your child's name slip & put it in the box infront of us. Sg got 2 slips & PR got 1. And then parents can volunteer themselves to draw the lucky ones. Same as Jamie for PV selection, my batch were interviewed in a group too. Questions are almost the same with some self intro. Tis Sat I am going to KH too for their workshop, so maybe we can bump into each other. Anyway, good luck in your interview!
happy.gif

Hi mummies,
Trying to make sushi for gal's sch snack. Am a beginner so wonder where to get the bamboo mat ard our area? Appreciate some inputs.
happy.gif

cat_tail
i bought the bamboo mat from cold storage but if u find it difficult to roll, u can get those sushi mould at daiso.

cat_tail, i also try to pack snack for my son until I lost ideas. Cooked food is more challenge as it will turn "soggy" after kept for a while in the lunch box.

What kind of sushi will you make?

Tks Jamie,
Daiso is great! Bot the bamboo mat & sushi mould and I am ready to try my sushi making! There are oso a lot of bento making tools. Very interesting.

Ginger,
Other than yor snack box, wat yor ds normally eat in canteen? Same here, my brain is very drained when comes to snack box!
Normally I will get her buy from canteen but she's not adventurous type one. Always eat the same roti prata or choc bun. Recently she complained no time to eat so I packed some sandwiches or biscuits wif fruits. But I think she will be very soon sick of these so I better buck up & do some creative snacks. :p
Yah, agreed it's better dun pack cooked food if kids r not going to eat immediately. Would rather she continue her roti prata if tat so... haha...
Hmmm.. let me try her fav egg maki first. U can try sushi too for yor ds.
happy.gif

i also want.... going daiso shopping soon. :p

I love daiso.... everytime go there feel so good... 1 big basket and spend less than $20.

When daiso at PS was closed for reno.... I was so at a loss.... haha......

must share more snack box ideas... i need tooo. cos i pack the kids' breakfast to be eaten at CC. My kids and I find CC bf very boring...... or they are picky like me.

My kids love the following
1) nutella sandwich, then cut with cookie cutter (optional)
2) fried egg sandwich, then cut with cookie cutter (optional)
3) corn flakes, honey stars and coco krunch
4) store bought butter scotch bread
5) store bought pandan bread
6) butter and honey sandwich, then cut with cookie cutter (optional)

haha... we eat lots of bread

also running out of ideas for easy to prepare snacks... is sushi difficult to prepare? the rice is normal rice? use over night rice can?

Jamie & mesh,
I am going to luv Daiso a lot! Really very shiok to shop...keke..

mesh,
U r such a loving mom! My kids dun like CC food but I still insist them to eat there cos they will eat anything they give. If at home, it will be another story.
I gave a lot of bread, cereals and oats but u r certainly more creative than me. Haha..
For sushi, I read the recipe that we must use short-grain rice cos they stick well. And it's a "NO" overnight rice as they will harden. If making b'fast, can set yor rice cooker timer & then the rice is cooked when u wake up. Just need a bit more time to cool before u can roll up.

My son also likes the roti prata in the canteen. He can take the same food few days stretch. He also likes the mushroom soup, can take from mon to thurs at times.

Have some Similac Stage 2 (900g) to clear.
12 x 900g. Expiry June 2012.
$350 for all 12 tins. Let me know if anyone is keen.
Can meet at the playground between Blk 30 and Blk 28

Ginger,
Got mushroom soup in canteen? Can u ask yor ds which stall? Must get gal to check out! ;)

mesh,
How's yor interview? My frd went & they r cutting down the no. of PV. Looks like very competitive.

Mummies,
I've not posted for quite some time.

How many PVs do they accept for KH?
I think we are within 1km?
Hai, next yr is my turn for PV.

If you come across any nanny worth recommending, pls let me know. I'll need late Dec or Jan 13.

If not, any mummies whose baby in Little Skool House @ Mountbatten Sq or Cheries Hearts @ Mountbatten can comment how is the sch?
Don't see any other infant care ard our area.

What is the estimated vacancy for Phase 2C?

If only got 50 seats and at lot of SC is staying within 1km then its back to square 1. Still have to consider doing PV.

Anyone can advise on this?

Back