Pine Close Mummies

Hi Yen,

Thanks for the info. Think the new registration from MOM also not to any benefit to SC. Balloting still required even for those staying less than 1KM.

Hi all,

Haven't been following this thread for a while, saw that there are some discussion over Kong Hwa. Just to share my experience with the PV at KH for this year. The PV for KH is indeed 60 hrs for year mid 2012 - mid 2013. They only interview the potential PV who stays within 1 km and will be selecting 15 PVs. I'm like OMG when there are abt 10+ PVs in my interview session, they have a few sessions. Tough competition.

Out of curiosity, is anyone of you an active community leader?

Ginger,
Tks! I told her got mushroom soup, she's going to hunt it. :p

Hi all,
I was from last yr. My opinion is those staying out of of 1km can forget abt KH & should look at other sch... Last year, a few of PVs din manage to get in during the 2B balloting. It's the 1st time 2B need to be ballot & PV failed to get in. To avoid history repeat, I understand why the sch had to cut down the no.. They cannot cut the SHHK & RC applicants.

Lisa,
The 50 vacancies for 2B are not solely for PV. There are applicants from clan & RC. FYI: KH don't have 2CS.

hi,

Selected for kh pv. wondering what is their selection criteria.

Mesh, may I know is this yr 1st born and how many kids u have?

Pony u not working right? they want people who are free on weekdays on regular.basis.

Thy she hv told us before.asking us to go for interview... then I won't waste time going. haha

hi,

Selected for kh pv. wondering what is their selection criteria.

Mesh, may I know is this yr 1st born and how many kids u have?

Hi,
I'm at ftwm. my hubby timing is more flexible. Not sure if that make a different. In the mass interview that I was in, there were abt 3 other couple who timing is flexible too.

been awhile since i last comment here.

Son went into Macpherson Primary School. So far so good except not many Singaporean Chinese in there. Only 5 P1 classes there, AM session school. Not much homework. So long as he enjoy, it's good enough.

mesh,
Sorry to hear that. Any other alt sch u r looking at as well?

Congrats pony!

Jen,
Glad to hear your son is happy there. Is the class size small?

cat_tail, his class size only 26 kids.

His form teacher teaches everything except chinese (because she's a malay) and PE. So overall, she will know his plus & weak points. Which i find it's good.

Hi jen, class size of 26 is very ideal tr student ratio!! is it the ave class size for macpherson? its gd that your boy enjou school. Thats most impt.

Anyone with kids in tkp or gmps? Would like to find out more. pl pm me if you'd rather share offline. thanks.

Jen,
It's a very gd size. Looks like yor son r in gd hands.
happy.gif

Mesh,
Tink TKPS got open hse b4 reg. I noe it's a bit early for yor kids but gd to take a look n feel the Sch. If i am not wrong, they r affiliated to sec.

Lisa,

So far, ok. The floor is not really as clean as I expect but still ok. Quite alot of excursions. I think about 4-6 a yr. Boy just went to watch a play last wk at Esplanade. For the children enrichment class fees, I find the price is reasonable.

Teachers, i find ok. They will send you info in advance on what your child will be learning for that term.

Homework wise is about once a week for PG to N2.
Some handicraft (PG) or some activities you need to do together with your child, normally related to what they learnt in school for that week.

When he was in playgroup, there is quite a bit of homework (colouring, handicraft). Now, seems better.

Their enrichment classes include speech & drama (eng & chinese), phonics, music for intelligent mind (MIM) & swimming. But all depending on age group.
Majority can start from N1 onwards, except for swimming & MIM can start from PG.

For swimming, every week, the bus will send the children & accompany by 1-2 teachers to Katong Swimming Complex for their lessons in the afternoon after their tea break.

They use to have indoor gym every week whereby the gym staff will bring in the stuff and let the children jump and play. I don't know if they still have this practise. I cannot remember what is the gym co name.

There isn't much choices abt 2 yrs ago around our area. Only Young Talents & My first skool.
Young Talents happen to get back to me first when they have vacancies so I enrolled him. My first skool never get back to me although I keep calling.

Hi Yen,

Thanks for the valuable info on Young Talents.

Was deciding betwen Young Talents and My First Skool also. But think My First Skool always no vacnacy.

Next week will be going for a site visit there to view the area and talk to their teachers.

Their school fees are quite reasonable and clsoe walking distant from my place.

Lisa,
No problem.

Now, there are more choices (Cherrie Hearts, 1st Child, Yuquan, Little Skool House) but only Young Talents and My First Skool fees are more reasonable.

I think only Young Talents and My First Skool are w/o air-con which I prefer. The rest are all air-con.

Hi Yen,

Ya, I saw that Young Talents is without aircon which is good. But how about the times when the weather is super warm?

Btw how old is you kid?

Any other mum with experience with Young Talents care to share?

Hi anyone know if now wan to apply for pv in kong Hwa still got opening? Or if wan to declare statutory board that grandparent is looking after her ( within 1km) when would b ideal as she is 4 yrs old this yr.. TIA!

Hi Mommies

I'm planning to move in around Pince Close and will be moving my child to new CCC.

Any recommendation or reviews of CCC in Mounbatten Square area?

I'm looking ta Little Skoll House, Cherie Hearts and Chilten House.

Really concern of the move as my kid is very happy now in LV @ Surbana One.

Your inputs are ery much appreciate. More concern of the teachers experience and cleaniness.

TIA :)

Oh btw how do I check the 1km within Kong Hwa? Is Pince CLose within that 1km?

Like Karen, I wld like to know how to apply PV with Kong Hwa?

TIA

The PV is closed for applications (on end mar). This Year's PV is for children borned in 2007.

You can call the school to enquire if your home address is within 1km from Kong Hwa. I think Pine Close should be within 1km.

Hi yen, thks for the input.. Cos I tot anytime can apply nor 2 yrs advance better.. So meaning by next yr I try to look out to see the registration date?

Hi philippa,
Pine Close is within 1 km but if using your parent's address to reg, MOE will classify your child as 1-2km. HTH.

Hi cat
I may move to pine close. Currently at tiong bahru n I have 3 options - zhang de, river valley n radinmas. But my main concern is to have someone take care of my boy after sch like his meals n rest.
Kinda in dilemma whether to move or not. If I move pine close shld b in 1 km. I wonder if I have higher chance since kOng hwa is only pri nearby. Hiaz!

Hi philippa,
It's very competitive to enrol in KH if you see the past statistic. Though u stay within 1km, you will still get balloting. It's a heart wretching process to go thru.... Of cos, there are options to boast your chance by being a PV, RC or member of clan so you can have extra tix to try. I find it no harm trying if u r seriously aiming KH.
In the meantime, can oso look out for nearby schs like Geylang Methodist & Tg Katong. They are not too bad either.

Hi Lisa,

Nothing closer to our area except KH, Geylang Methodist, Haig Girls and Tanjong Katong Pri.

Out of 2KM range, you probably can consider Macpherson Pri, Stamford or Eunos Pri.

Good luck to those who are registering their kids this year.

The good news is KH is moving so the registering place will be at the new campus.

Madagascar 3 Movie Vouchers x 4pcs

Wish to sell the above. Interested buyers pls PM me.
Meet up at playground below Blk 30 Cassia Crescent after 7pm on weekdays.

Date: 17 June (Sun)
Time: 9.30am
Venue: Suntec Eng Wah Cinema
Price : $8 per ticket only (I have 4 tickets)
Free Goodie Bag

Private screening event organised by Pine Close Residents' Committee.
Every purchase of 2 tickets entitled to a free regular popcorn and soft drink.
Breakfast & transport will be provided.
For enquiries: pls call Mountbatten CC 6344-7387

Mummies,

I am looking for baby sitter around our area to look after a 3-4 months old baby starting from mid Dec 2012/Jan 2013.

- preferably experienced Chinese baby sitter staying around Pine Close/Pine Lane/Cassia Crescent/Jalan Tiga area
- Mon to Fri, 7:30am to 7/7:30pm (excluding PH)
- No pets
- Clean & non smoking environment

If you come to know any reliable baby sitter, pls pm me. Thanks.

Mesh, you changing again?

Child First always have open house periodically, you may want to call them up and ask when will be their next one.

As for Yuquan, previously they were at guillemard village and the place was huge but now they downsize the space and school fee remains.

Just go and walk in la since you are quite near.

Back