PD vs polyclinic

Recently my 7 months baby is sick (runny nose, wet cough for past 1week+). Went to polyclinic and the doctor there did not prescribe any medication, watch first. Cost me ($6.80).

Then she not getting better, went for PD at bishan "The children's medical centre" over weekend. Prescribed "Salbutamol for cough, sterimar nasal spray to clean the nose, zyrtec for running nose / cough", costed $123

Cough and flu not getting better, now comes with fever. Go to PD - "Baby Bear Children's clinic", more medications prescribed, "Nystatin, klacid, B12-Lysine, Probiotic and in addition to the above medications", costed $210, and now become HFMD because noted 2 nodules over limbs.

Obviously doctor from polyclinic is too scare to intervene as they often see adults, even the PD from polyclinic "watch and see", i believe they have protocol to prevent them from prescribing too much. PD is good and detail but so expensive, is it better to go A&E KKH, at a one time cost of $131, everything included?

kkh ane is always full house and its a mad house!!!

if you need a dr good with children, Dr Zhang at Paddington Medical - she is very good with children! calming clinic environment also, Simpang Bedok, right beside Giant! not a PD, but a very calming and detailed GP! should check out the clinic reviews on google also... better than some PDs actually...

Dont bother with PC or even GP. Waste of time and anyhow diagnose. previously went to neighbourhood GP when my 10mo broke out in rash, gave me some green medicine say is allergy, and even issue 2days mc. Took it for a day and yet rash became worse. I quickly send to PD, and diagnosed as roseola, basically no need medication and rash will subside on its own. PD even gave me a letter for my boy to attend sch, the $100++ consultation is worth it!! recently my boy cough non-stop for 2w, alrdy gave cough syrup but still not use. Went back to the same PD, told her i already gave the usual cough medicine, dont give me the same thing again cos its obviously not working. So PD hear my feedback, listento my boy’s lungs and diagnosed as bronchitis, gave me antibiotics and a letter to go back to sch cos its not infectious. Spent $200++ but worth it cos my son recovered and he was able to attend sch with no SHN!

So would suggest u find a regular PD who knows you and your child well, knows the history of medication given.. If u spend peanuts like PC, u get peanuts and ended up wasting time.. For KKH A&E, would suggest to go only if its after PD clinical hours and for emergency… the wait at KKH is crazy long 3hrs and usually small things like cough dont go A&E… even if u go doesnt mean they give you effective and good medicine.. good medicine has different brands and usually PD has them and is more effective, not like PC and neighbourhood GP medicine.. hope u understand what I mean..

Back