Oct 2019 Mummies

Hello Mummies! I found this timeline when i visited the gynae today. Hope it will be useful to you, esp first time mummies like me :)

Attachments

• Screenshot_20190214-142644_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20190214-142644_Gallery.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 827

Anyway, my gynae was sharing about doing Oscars test and Panaroma Test. Cost for Oscars + FA Scan @ 20 weeks is ard $540 (ex. GST) and Panaroma is around $1200. Anyone knows the cost of the tests as subsidised patient in KKH?

Hi mummies, need a lot of support right now.. just went nuh a&e last night as I was bleeding massively. Did a scan & saw the sac & yolk there.. am resting now & feeling worried... currently waiting for my gynae appt scheduled next tue for another check.
Didn't managed to check for heartbeat last night as is still early. On duphaston & given jab there.

Right now still experiencing bleeding when I go to pee.. other than tht is spotting(not soaking a pad for a day) :(:(

Hi mummies, need a lot of support right now.. just went nuh a&e last night as I was bleeding massively. Did a scan & saw the sac & yolk there.. am resting now & feeling worried... currently waiting for my gynae appt scheduled next tue for another check.
Didn't managed to check for heartbeat last night as is still early. On duphaston & given jab there.

Right now still experiencing bleeding when I go to pee.. other than tht is spotting(not soaking a pad for a day) :(:(

hey, just like your name indicate - be hopeful! my friend has a similar situation as you - she has massive bleeding when she was ~w7 and continuous spotting all the way till w8. She's now entering her w17 and her bb is doing well.

hey, just like your name indicate - be hopeful! my friend has a similar situation as you - she has massive bleeding when she was ~w7 and continuous spotting all the way till w8. She's now entering her w17 and her bb is doing well.
Thks mummy for the encouragement, this is my #2 pregnancy. During #1 also had light spotting but nth this massive so quite worried & now need to tc of active #1.. really tough & hope can make it!

I went for scan yesterday, can see sac but no yolk and fetus. Im worried too because I’m in my 5th week. Also given Duphaston and jab cos i experience some spotting. Hope all is well for us.

I went for scan yesterday, can see sac but no yolk and fetus. Im worried too because I’m in my 5th week. Also given Duphaston and jab cos i experience some spotting. Hope all is well for us.
Is your spotting heavy or just v light? If is very light & brownish dont need to worry much, could be old blood.. mine is bright red. I really hope it stops as I just peed & wipe to c there is no more stain *finger crossed for both of us!*
Duphaston is quite effective for most cases I heard. I called up my own gynae & was instructed to up my duphaston dosage to 3x a day (nuh prescribed 2x a day) so I guess the duphaston really helps alot. Jy mummy!!!

Same here! I went for a scan on 11 Feb and the u/s only showed the sac with no yolk and fetus. My gynae asked me to come back 2 weeks later.. Hopefully everything is good!

Hi everyone, my period was late and I tested myself with the Watsons test strip this morning. Two clear lines hehe.

Now for follow-ups, am still deciding btwn poly - subisidised or just book private gynae straight. Am wondering if the long term costs going private will be quite heavy, but off course the benefits are so much better.

Anyway still shopping for gynae so if anyone can share who they chose that would be great :)

Hello Mama-to-be! i was tested positive on 2nd day of CNY !
and ive been feeling so tired recently and literally just want to eat,rest and sleep. Also i get very sick when i see meat of any kinds!
I am also thinking of whether to go the sub or private route as this is my first time but i think convenience of gynae's location also very important! Anyone in the west side? any doc recommendations ? Please add me to the whatsapp group too!!!! :D
I am in the west side too! I also agree gynae location very important so I visit NUH Jurong Clinic for Women at JE. :)

Hello everyone, first time preggy here. Based on first date of last menstrual period, I should be in week 9, but based on size of baby (7.5mm), gynae says I'm in week 6. Heard heart beat for first time yday. Morning sickness occuring throughout the day and constantly feeling burpy. Had to switch to snacking throughout the day to cope with the nausea. Pandan cake and mini choc croissant rolls works for me. Feeling dehydrated cos drinking plain water makes the nausea and burping worse :( so trying to drink milk and juice instead.. alot of adjustments for a start, jiayou everyone! If there is a group chat, would like to join one please. Thanks :)

***Wave*** It’s my first pregnancy, got detected when I visit my gynae today for my late menses. Scan shows I’m 5w6d, saw only a round thing measuring 0.66cm (seems like smaller than most ladies here). Gynae ask me come back again next week as it’s too early to detect heartbeat. I do not see any yolk sac or heard the doctor mentioning

Don’t have any MS yet, except tiredness that I need to slp early since late last week. I only suspect i’m Pregnant 2 weeks back when i’ve super sensitive smell of my hair while blow drying. Plus I’ve super sensitive left nipple that felt cold when come in contact with my clothes

Last wk my vaginal start to have intermittent shooting pain, not sure is it due to recurring Bacteria Vaginosis that was detected by Gynae on the microscope aft I complain on off itching

I also complain both side ovaries area have stretching pain when I try to stand up from sitting or lying....he told me due to blood circulation from pregnancy

Have been always looking forward to get pregnant but not sure why I do not feel super excited when gynae say “yes u r pregnant when doing the US”, probably I dun feel the pregnancy symptoms yet...care to share your feelings upon knowing your result?

I just moved to Germany so I need some support especially from a different country where I have language barrier

Btw any ladies also encounter BV (bacteria vaginosis)?

I was askEd to start Folic Acid - 800mg till wk16 where the dosage will reduce

Last edited:
***Wave*** It’s my first pregnancy, got detected when I visit my gynae today for my late menses. Scan shows I’m 5w6d, saw only a round thing measuring 0.66cm (seems like smaller than most ladies here). Gynae ask me come back again next week as it’s too early to detect heartbeat. I do not see any yolk sac or heard the doctor mentioning

Don’t have any MS yet, except tiredness that I need to slp early since late last week. I only suspect i’m Pregnant 2 weeks back when i’ve super sensitive smell of my hair while blow drying. Plus I’ve super sensitive left nipple that felt cold when come in contact with my clothes

Last wk my vaginal start to have intermittent shooting pain, not sure is it due to recurring Bacteria Vaginosis that was detected by Gynae on the microscope aft I complain on off itching

I also complain both side ovaries area have stretching pain when I try to stand up from sitting or lying....he told me due to blood circulation from pregnancy

Have been always looking forward to get pregnant but not sure why I do not feel super excited when gynae say “yes u r pregnant when doing the US”, probably I dun feel the pregnancy symptoms yet...care to share your feelings upon knowing your result?

I just moved to Germany so I need some support especially from a different country where I have language barrier

Actually all depends on individual body ☺️ Some may have Super bad MS some may not even have MS. BV should be not a big issue with just some
Medication should be fine. Most importantly just have plenty of rest ☺️. Mine at 6weeks can see yolk and baby and heartbeat so don’t worry everyone is baby is different. Just have plenty of rest

Hi there! I’m also around the same stage as you, 5w4d and told my gynae that I have recurrent BV as well. He didn’t think it was serious enough to be on medication and just prescribed a cleansing wash for me.

I’m kinda stressed now coz I’m also having UTI and I heard that the antibiotics that the KK O&G urgent care centre prescribed for me (Sofilex) has a link to defects in the fetus), but if I don’t take the antibiotics and the infection travels up, it will harm the baby too.

hello mummies! it's my 2nd pregnancy, currently 5weeks.
my 1st appointment will be in March, Dr Kowa from Mt E Orchard.
please add me into the whatsapp group chat too. thanks!

Hi there! I’m also around the same stage as you, 5w4d and told my gynae that I have recurrent BV as well. He didn’t think it was serious enough to be on medication and just prescribed a cleansing wash for me.

I’m kinda stressed now coz I’m also having UTI and I heard that the antibiotics that the KK O&G urgent care centre prescribed for me (Sofilex) has a link to defects in the fetus), but if I don’t take the antibiotics and the infection travels up, it will harm the baby too.

Hi Devon,
I saw infection can increase miscarriage/pre term bb thus its always gd to inform the gynae abt the infection. Different countries use different ways of handling
I guess KK wont dispense harmful medications since they are always dealing with pregnant ladies

In Germany the doctor dun encourage use of antibiotics so i wan given vaginal tablet containing Dequalinium chloride

Do u gals have a group? Who should i PM?

Hello everyone!

I am now 7 weeks pregnant, just had my first maternity check up last week and saw the yolk sac. Next check up will be in the 9th week, hopefully can see the heartbeat then! *fingers crossed*

Currently having duphaston, folic acid and enervon prescribed by my gynae. No spotting/bleeding, but nausea yes. My nausea is worse in the evening time though and not in the morning. Overall still considered manageable.

Please add me in whatsapp group chat if any? Thanks!

Hello Mama-to-be! i was tested positive on 2nd day of CNY !
and ive been feeling so tired recently and literally just want to eat,rest and sleep. Also i get very sick when i see meat of any kinds!
I am also thinking of whether to go the sub or private route as this is my first time but i think convenience of gynae's location also very important! Anyone in the west side? any doc recommendations ? Please add me to the whatsapp group too!!!! :D

i have tested positive on Lunar 2nd day too! And I stay in the west too~ I have my check up at TMC.

Hello everyone!

I am now 7 weeks pregnant, just had my first maternity check up last week and saw the yolk sac. Next check up will be in the 9th week, hopefully can see the heartbeat then! *fingers crossed*

Currently having duphaston, folic acid and enervon prescribed by my gynae. No spotting/bleeding, but nausea yes. My nausea is worse in the evening time though and not in the morning. Overall still considered manageable.

H! Can I ask which gynae did you see?

Hello! New mum-to-be joining :) Hope everyone is doing well! I got hit with bad nausea (from morning when I wake up till when I sleep at night) since week 3. It’s been hard /:

Jiayou to all mummies!

Hello everyone!

Hello! Ooh I thought that we would be able to hear heartbeat by week 7? I haven’t gone to the gynae to confirm my pregnancy yet since the test was positive. Was waiting to next week which is my calculated week 7 for the first visit to actually hear some heartbeat. Is that the right decision?

Also, after reading up I realise that the final hospital I deliver in is just as impt as a good gynae. I had been going to Dr Adelina Wong from TMC - really love her and her nurses!! But she only delivers natural birth in TMC while Lim looking more to deliver at Mt E Novena due to mix review of delivery experience in TMC.

Anyone knows good gynaes (preferably female) that deliver at Mt E Nov? :)

Thank you!

Hello! Ooh I thought that we would be able to hear heartbeat by week 7? I haven’t gone to the gynae to confirm my pregnancy yet since the test was positive. Was waiting to next week which is my calculated week 7 for the first visit to actually hear some heartbeat. Is that the right decision?

Also, after reading up I realise that the final hospital I deliver in is just as impt as a good gynae. I had been going to Dr Adelina Wong from TMC - really love her and her nurses!! But she only delivers natural birth in TMC while Lim looking more to deliver at Mt E Novena due to mix review of delivery experience in TMC.

Thank you!
Oh yes! Would love to join a group chat is there is too :) thank you!

Thank you!

when i did my check up last week i was at 6th week only :p

Ahh okie, slowly :) I actually can’t wait already. I miscarried end of last year at 6 weeks 5 days so fingers crossed all ok this time. My morning sickness is so bad this time though.

Did u try to have more frequent meals? Initially I had morning sickness at dawn which woke me up from sleep and i couldn't sleep for a while due to nausea. Then i read from somewhere that says having empty stomach or being dehydrated in sleep will trigger MS... so i started drinking milk (plus some nuts if very hungry) before I slept and no more MS at dawn, just that i would wake up once during sleep due to toilet urge which i feel ok. Now my MS is around evening time to night time only, and my philosophy of dealing with it is... the more nauseous i feel, the more i eat and drink lol

Thank you!

Hiiiiii I just visited Dr Choo Wan Ling @ Mt E Nov for my confirmation and I feel she is very nice and patient and not very restricting but it’s only my first visit. You may go give it a try? She delivers at Mt E Nov, Gleneagles, Mt A and TMC in case you are looking at other options as well.

Hello!
I have just tested positive. Scheduled for first gynae appt coming week. Any group chat created for oct edd yet?

Thank you!

Actually by week 6 if you’re lucky you can hear heartbeat. ☺️. Went at week 6 to get medicine for my nausea and first scan. Saw yolk and baby and doctor say there’s heartbeat. I was quite shock tot it’s abit too early haha. He let me hear the heartbeat and show me the pumping spot where the heart is.

Reactions: LcW
hello

my edd is mid oct. went for my first scan
last week and was dated 5w+5

currently not much symptoms except for backache and occasional mild nausea. sometimes i dun even feel pregnant
my next scan will be week 7

would love to join the whatsapp group

hello

my edd is mid oct. went for my first scan
last week and was dated 5w+5

currently not much symptoms except for backache and occasional mild nausea. sometimes i dun even feel pregnant
my next scan will be week 7

would love to join the whatsapp group
hi! can you pm me your number so that i can add you to the group? thanks!

Hi ladies! Congrats on confirming your pregnancy!
I'm having my #3 due in June this year as well.
Would like to recommend my CL. I had used her help for #2 and booking her again for #3. Heard shes fully booked for 2019 until Sept so shes till avai for Oct 19! Do let me know if youd like to engage her services. I had posted a review recommendation for her last time here on motherhood forum as well: Auntie Jiayi. Recommended many other mummies to her too and they all like her. Send me a WA at 96484322 with your EDD and I can help set u guys up. FYI- I'm not earning any fee or anything for recommending.

hi all. My wife and I just went to Dr Hong Sze Ching for the first gynae checkup. Overall she is friendly and patient when we ask questions. I could not get much reviews on her. Anyone here or have friends who have use her services before?

Good Morning Lovely Ladies!!!! I am an October mom too. Wondering if anyone of you have planned to take the OSCAR or NIPT for Down's syndrome test? And what is the cost you have encountered?

Hi all mummies to be, me too a 1st time mummy. Went for my first check with a private gynae on 18th Feb, doc says it was 6 weeks but cannot detect heartbeat yet. My next scheduled check is supposed to be on coming Monday but intend to switch to kkh, any good gynae to recommend?
And please add me to the group chat, my number 91781397. Thank you very much!

Good Morning Lovely Ladies!!!! I am an October mom too. Wondering if anyone of you have planned to take the OSCAR or NIPT for Down's syndrome test? And what is the cost you have encountered?

Hi mummy to be, i am in 6w5d currently and already decided right from start to take NIPT (panorama test). From my understanding, Oscar test is only 90% accuracy with 5% false positive whereas panorama has 99% accuracy and 0.1% false positive.

Ladies, Can you add me too in the group chat? +91-8080046571? :)
Hi mummy to be, i am in 6w5d currently and already decided right from start to take NIPT (panorama test). From my understanding, Oscar test is only 90% accuracy with 5% false positive whereas panorama has 99% accuracy and 0.1% false positive.
Hello Dear! May I know what is the cost you will be incurred for this test and where are you planning to have this from?

Back