Natural vs Medicated FET

Yeah... i knew... but i was taking all chances they gave to see if i can hit 7 by Thursday... next year i will be 42 le

At the same time i also worry if lining no good may affect the chances
Cos your embryos are more important - cos usually when your lining takes a longer time to hit the min, it may mean your body is not ready. My concern is, if you go for a bad lining, you may waste the embryos...humble opinion, pls check with your doc. In the meantime, you may want to increase your intake in soya bean milk, red bean soup and protein rich food. Good luck

I agreed that's why if by Thursday, does not hit i will abandon. But what if it reach 7 and they allow me to go ahead... should i still go ahead? Transfer should be another 2 days so the lining will still increase a bit (i hope) but is already day 22. I told doc my concern and she said how long it take does not matter, only lining they are concern.

I agreed that's why if by Thursday, does not hit i will abandon. But what if it reach 7 and they allow me to go ahead... should i still go ahead? Transfer should be another 2 days so the lining will still increase a bit (i hope) but is already day 22. I told doc my concern and she said how long it take does not matter, only lining they are concern.

@Greed3, I would say to go with your gut feel. If you do not feel confident in going ahead with the ET, it might be a better option not to proceed than later at the back of your head, you'll start to have a lot of self-doubts on the "what-ifs". Just my 10 cents worth. :)

@Greed3, I would say to go with your gut feel. If you do not feel confident in going ahead with the ET, it might be a better option not to proceed than later at the back of your head, you'll start to have a lot of self-doubts on the "what-ifs". Just my 10 cents worth. :)
hey I agree, i think it's always good to have that "Ï have done my best in providing the best environment for the embryos. Whether +ve or -ve depends on the embryos"mentality rather than having 2 minds.

Thanks ladies!! I am just thinking too much as my age is catching up... and the last fet is natural, this time medicated because no ovulation detected, even more anxious.

Last scan the doc said if abandoned, next cycle with change protocol which will gave medication for ovulation as well. This make me panic as seems like my "machine" is deteriorating. I do not know how that protocol work, but now lining already problem, next cycle have to monitor both ovulation and lining, i am even more stress.

So i would very much like this cycle to work... and keep asking for more time (though the lady doc seems like just entertaining me and her body language was like... "u can't make it ".) I still like this cycle to work...

Last scan the doc said if abandoned, next cycle with change protocol which will gave medication for ovulation as well. This make me panic as seems like my "machine" is deteriorating. I do not know how that protocol work, but now lining already problem, next cycle have to monitor both ovulation and lining, i am even more stress.
Actually, the lining for this cycle may not work does not mean that the lining for next cycle will be the same. It may be a good idea to prep yourself earlier by eating the recommended stuff above, go for light exercise to encourage better blood flow to the lining, and yes, the more stressful you are, the lining will not increase. It just works that way...I can understand how you feel cos I had lining problems previously and hitting the min 8mm is a big struggle!

So i would very much like this cycle to work... and keep asking for more time (though the lady doc seems like just entertaining me and her body language was like... "u can't make it ".) I still like this cycle to work...
Actually it would really better to heed the doc advice.

Imagine this scenario. I am not sure how many frozen embryos you have in the fridge currently. Let's say 5.
If you insist that this cycle must work and you must do the transfer despite the doc's advice to go for the next cycle, you went ahead to transfer 2-3 embryos knowing that having a BFN is high. You have wasted that 2-3 embryos which may possibly thrive in a better environment.

If you used up all the embryos, you have to undergo the whole procedure and you mentioned that age is catching up with you. The older you get, the lower your egg quality is going to be. It will be a vicious cycle.

If you are going for a fresh cycle for example, the egg age will be at 43 year old instead of the current 42 year old. Though it's a difference of 1 year, it makes a lot of difference.

I second that with @towkayneo. In the IVF journey itself, other than luck and perseverance, it’s also about trial and error. You never know what the new cycle or protocol will bring you. Indeed, adding more stress to yourself is not going to help with the situation. Are you currently seeing any TCM and doing acupuncture? If not, perhaps you could also explore in that aspect.

But hope that you do not think we are pouring cold water. I guess we are just sharing from a very practical point of view as my natural FET was in a similar situation. Regardless of your decision, wishing you all the best!

Actually the doctor didn't advise. . She just gave two options, continue or abandon. The nurses are more helpful in providing info that as long as lining hit minimum, the long duration of this cycle does not affect.

I second that with @towkayneo. In the IVF journey itself, other than luck and perseverance, it’s also about trial and error. You never know what the new cycle or protocol will bring you. Indeed, adding more stress to yourself is not going to help with the situation. Are you currently seeing any TCM and doing acupuncture? If not, perhaps you could also explore in that aspect.

But hope that you do not think we are pouring cold water. I guess we are just sharing from a very practical point of view as my natural FET was in a similar situation. Regardless of your decision, wishing you all the best!

Don't worry.. i just need some listening ear and advice and i still be the one to make decision and bear the result of my decision.

i think i stress myself too much cause do not know exactly how this medicated fet works... the doc said as long as the lining got increased, can monitor further (there are cases that they monitor till day 30) Today is 6.7, growth of .5 for 2 days. Doc said looks positive and we will review on Monday again. Thanks ladies for "listening" to me.

Hi, anyone did both natural and medicated FET before but succeeded on the latter? I failed on my natural FET previously and the monitoring and scanning process in tracking O for me was quite tedious. Hence I opt for medicated this time round. However, from what I gathered, most ladies seem to succeed on natural FET instead. It does make me swing on my decision a little. Thus, would love to hear some success stories with medicated. Thanks!
Hi may i know did doc decide for you to do natural FET?

Hello, that is if your menses are regular, then your doc will recommend natural FET
Even though mine regular have to go for medicated..ive to remove a polyp so need to make lining thin by going on contraceptive pills first..i can only do fet in jan

Even though mine regular have to go for medicated..ive to remove a polyp so need to make lining thin by going on contraceptive pills first..i can only do fet in jan
I would support medicated FET. Just focus on the lining-much straightforward.

Hi all. Glad to find this thread as I just had to ditch my natural FET as ovulation occurred without LH surge appearing in my clearblue kit! I wanted to do natural as cycle regular but given the stress and clear blue pulled a fast one on me, Gonna do medicated next round.
Anyone has such experience too and successes with medicated FEt?

Hi all. Glad to find this thread as I just had to ditch my natural FET as ovulation occurred without LH surge appearing in my clearblue kit! I wanted to do natural as cycle regular but given the stress and clear blue pulled a fast one on me, Gonna do medicated next round.
Anyone has such experience too and successes with medicated FEt?

I did natural FET previously as suggested by my gyne since I have regular cycle but I guess all the waiting for the surge etc actually made me more stressed up. And it doesn't help that I was literally camping at kkh almost on an alternate/daily basis for scanning and ovulation test. I did however managed to test positive for O but it was like really late into my cycle and I wasn't confident at all but we went ahead with the ET anyway. Needless to say, it was a failed cycle as I guess my heart and mind is already telling me it's a doom cycle! As I was left with only 1 D3, went on to do a 2nd fresh cycle which was a chemical preg. Subsequently, I told my gyne I want to try medicated FET this time round and he gave me the go-ahead. It was a breeze, at least for me. If my memory didn't fail me, call in to kkh on day 1 of the menses, then follow their instructions when to start on progynova, and when I went in for my 1st scan on cd10, I'm already ready for ET and they scheduled me a few days later coz I opted for blastocycst again and I'm very lucky to be blessed with a pair of twins whom are coming to 8 months old now. I guess with medicated everything is more in control and you minus the stress of waiting indefinitely. Good luck & loads of baby dusts to you!

Last edited:

Back