My 3 year old child throw temper and cry alot

arty_angel

Some how i heard the naughty age for the kids is at 2 year olds. But my girl start to turn weird since her late a year old. Until now she is 3 year olds, she still like to throw temper and cry very often. I think is because she has another 2 sisters at home. Thats why she trying to get more attention from us.

Any good advice for me to resolve this problem, my hubby and me getting very annoying of her weird behaviour.

Hi arty angel,

how old are your another 2 girls? is it because that both of you are spending more time with the other 2 that causes her to be jelous so trying to get more attention from both of you?

one way is, while you are attending the other 2, your hubby will play with the 3 years old and vice versa.

secondly, set up a house rule, post it somewhere where all can see. keep it short and simple and not too much restriction. you can discuss with hubby about the rules.

thirdly, set up a reward chart for all 3 girls. each will be rewarded a sticker (let them choose) if they follow the house rules set. set an achievieable goal for them, ie, if they have 10 stickers, they can go shopping,.. have their favourite snacks,...etc,..

lastly, set up a naughty corner whereby is visible and not dangerous. if they break the rules, tell them but not shouting, give 3 warnings before sending them to naughty corner. they may cry or walk out, put them back and dont talk to them (but check check and make sure they are ok). the timing to stay there depend on their age. after times up, you go to them, ask them why u put them there. explain to them for better understanding. ask them to apologise and give a hug, telling them that you still love them.

its very changelling for parents nowsaday to bring up their kids. try to be patience, if you loose your cool, its better to have a time-out yourself ok. kids grow up very fast. bond with them while they are still young and cute.

take care and good luck.

Hi Bulldoggie,

She is my 2nd child, the elder one is 7 and younger one is coming to 2 soon.

Many thanks to you advice. Will try it out.
happy.gif

Its called terrible 2s cos it lasts for 2 urs bah!
Mine started frm 1.5 yos. Then i tot can bear with it till 3yos cos terrible 2s end at 3 right? Wrong! Got worse at 3yos. He was better when he turning 4.

Must hv super patience and smtimes practice selective hearing..dun always gv in to EVERY single whim or else will go mad for parents.

They r trying to practice assertivness and test boundaries. As long as wat they do is not potentially harmful to their well being, just let him be.

Another useful tactic is DISTRACTION.
And try to pre empt their actions so u r always ONE STEP AHEAD of them.

Good to have meaningful things to distract kid. I dont mean toys. Learn to say "shall we do/go to --- instead? This is also very fun, let's try..."

also alot of patience cos kids these days are very intelligent and can read if u r firm or can be bullied.

some kids u scold them they cry more or even throw more tantrums, agreed w/ 78whee, distract them. that works for my son. and true enough, dont lose ur cool and b patience, tones of patience pay off. thats what i learn from being a mummy.
happy.gif

Back